Casey Arrested on Fraud Related Charges

Wow, I go out for a couple of beer and come back to see this. Got some catching up to do. Looks like it's time for Casey to start paying for all she has done.

Not only does it look like the Anthony's won't face reality, now Baez is on the "bash LE' bandwagon!

I can't believe that Baez is saying Casey has an undisclosed reason behind all this. Who believes that BS?

It does seem well-timed and coincidental to the mass hysteria and protest outside her house. Perhaps they wanted to diffuse the tension so they brought out these charges now..hard to know.

Thats what I'm thinking too - I also think a murder indictment is comming Tuesday morning.(long weekend)

They picked her up early on the check charges just to hold her for a few days until the Indictment is ready - (why the homocide detectives?)

imo

Wow, I go out for a couple of beer and come back to see this. Got some catching up to do. Looks like it's time for Casey to start paying for all she has done.

I KNOW!!! I went out to get groceries for a couple of hours and I miss everything! :furious:

Sad thing is they are saying Casey could get out tonight or tomorrow if someone pays the $300. bail. (10% of $3000.) :(
So, it appears she wont be in there for long but no worries, she'll be back. I just would like them to loose the damn key to her cell while she's there tonight. Gezzzzz

Thats what I'm thinking too - I also think a murder indictment is comming Tuesday morning.(long weekend)

They picked her up early on the check charges just to hold her for a few days until the Indictment is ready - (why the homocide detectives?)

imo

they picked her up because they are pissed and I think they have declared war on Casey they are willing to do whatever it takes to bring Caylee home to be buried with dignity, I wish we could say the same thing about her mother, that precious little girl is gone from this earth and her mother is still strutting around like a peacock, she is not a celebrity she is a _______ fill in the blank with your personal choice.....

they picked her up because they are pissed and I think they have declared war on Casey they are willing to do whatever it takes to bring Caylee home to be buried with dignity, I wish we could say the same thing about her mother, that precious little girl is gone from this earth and her mother is still strutting around like a peacock, she is not a celebrity she is a fill in the blank with your personal choice.....
:behindbar

Here is the thing I don't understand.

WHY? If she can be bonded out for such a small amount why do this?

Guys, this has been coming down all day. Remember the cancelled press conference? Remember the Leonard backing off on his revoking her bond? It was because this arrest was coming down.

Now, we find out it is basically a small time type charge? At least compared to what she could be facing soon.

Why now. This is too weird.

I hope Tony comes on WS tonight.

Because Casey is out on bond she has to go before a judge tomorrow before she can be released from jail. She will be spending the night in jail.

The Anthonys and Baez need to get their stories straight. First, Baez tells GS that he was on the phone with Casey when the cops showed up to arrest her. That he didn't know these charges were coming down. He said the cops would not tell Casey why she was being arrested.

Then when JB has the impromptu press conference, with Cindy standing behind him kissing her cross on a chain around her neck, he said that he knew about the charges and had asked LE to let him know so he could take Casey in himself. He also made a big deal about homocide detectives arresting her for economic crimes. But, it was the homocide detectives that discovered and investigated the economic crimes.

Bottom line....if Casey had not stolen the money, she wouldn't have been arrested. LE have her on video at Target writing out the checks. Why is LE at fault for arresting Casey for something that Casey alledgedly did? LE is not the bad guy here!!!!!!!

Now, can LE charge Casey for the theft of the grandfather's $? Can LE press charges for the theft of Cindy's money, even if Cindy doesn't want to press charges? I think the State Attorney's office can pursue these charges even if Cindy and the grandfather do NOT want to press charges. Any ideas on this?

What a night!!!

I'm glad Casey is back in jail.

BeagleMom

Well, I heard them say on Greta or NG that now they (LE) can actually talk to her. She hasn't been talking to them - her lawyer is keeping her so sheltered, even when she was IN JAIL before - but now, with new charges, she is there, in a room with them...

I am wondering if they have all the DNA etc back, confirmed, and they want to throw it on the table for her and get like her friend said "The fear of god in her" to make her finally talk... maybe it's a bit of "We've got this, you know this.... we will take this away, give you your limited immunity, take us to the body... "

First, Baez tells GS that he was on the phone with Casey when the cops showed up to arrest her. That he didn't know these charges were coming down. He said the cops would not tell Casey why she was being arrested.

Then when JB has the impromptu press conference, with Cindy standing behind him kissing her cross on a chain around her neck, he said that he knew about the charges and had asked LE to let him know so he could take Casey in himself.

Wow, really good catch and you are right. What a misspeak for a lawyer!!

I think they have video from the bank? Purely speculative on my part.
They said they had video from a Target and pics from a Bank of America of her using Amy's checkbook. It was on the second live version of NG

Here he is again, saying this in a quote - but then what was with that supposed fax he threw around?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17340491/detail.html

At the home of Casey Anthony's parents, her attorney, Jose Baez said: "This is nothing more than an attempt by law enforcement to play mind games with my client. They leaked the arrest to the media and deliberately avoided telling me so she could turn herself in in a dignified fashion. They clearly wanted the media to capture my client is the worse possible light. Coincidentally, I was on the phone with her when police arrived at her home to arrest her.

The Anthonys and Baez need to get their stories straight. First, Baez tells GS that he was on the phone with Casey when the cops showed up to arrest her. That he didn't know these charges were coming down. He said the cops would not tell Casey why she was being arrested.

Baez sounds SO pathetic when he spouts the mis-truths & nonsense.

Honest people notice blatant lies right away.... an honest & halfway intelligent jury will bury Casey if he's defending her.

Because Casey is out on bond she has to go before a judge tomorrow before she can be released from jail. She will be spending the night in jail.

Then when JB has the impromptu press conference, with Cindy standing behind him kissing her cross on a chain around her neck, he said that he knew about the charges and had asked LE to let him know so he could take Casey in himself. He also made a big deal about homocide detectives arresting her for economic crimes. But, it was the homocide detectives that discovered and investigated the economic crimes.

Bottom line....if Casey had not stolen the money, she wouldn't have been arrested. LE have her on video at Target writing out the checks. Why is LE at fault for arresting Casey for something that Casey alledgedly did? LE is not the bad guy here!!!!!!!

Now, can LE charge Casey for the theft of the grandfather's $? Can LE press charges for the theft of Cindy's money, even if Cindy doesn't want to press charges? I think the State Attorney's office can pursue these charges even if Cindy and the grandfather do NOT want to press charges. Any ideas on this?

What a night!!!

I'm glad Casey is back in jail.

BeagleMom

I could be wrong but, I thought they had to press charges for the theft. And because they are family they are not going to. IMO

Here he is again, saying this in a quote - but then what was with that supposed fax he threw around?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17340491/detail.html

Quote:
At the home of Casey Anthony's parents, her attorney, Jose Baez said: "This is nothing more than an attempt by law enforcement to play mind games with my client. They leaked the arrest to the media and deliberately avoided telling me so she could turn herself in in a dignified fashion. They clearly wanted the media to capture my client is the worse possible light. Coincidentally, I was on the phone with her when police arrived at her home to arrest her.

LOL!!! Mind games? First you have to HAVE a mind for someone to play mind games with you.

Yeah right... if Baez was by her side, we would have seen her in her arrested in the 'best possible light?' Uh huh.

Poor Casey.... when will she stop being unfairly persecuted? :rolleyes:

Here is the thing I don't understand.

WHY? If she can be bonded out for such a small amount why do this?

Guys, this has been coming down all day. Remember the cancelled press conference? Remember the Leonard backing off on his revoking her bond? It was because this arrest was coming down.

Now, we find out it is basically a small time type charge? At least compared to what she could be facing soon.

Why now. This is too weird.

I hope Tony comes on WS tonight.
This is what I am trying to understand. If she can be bonded out, why all the hoopla?Actually why all the hoopla in general?

"This is nothing more than an attempt by law enforcement to play mind games with my client."

She started it.

I seriously believe it might have been L.E's way of getting her OUT of that house with the press, the chanting, the hysteria, etc. Yes of course she will make bond and be back, but they have obviously been strategizing about some kind of "rolling thunder" type approach in charging her. This is my current theory, anyway.

She cleaned out her friend's checking account; a friend who let her use her car. She defrauded several stores.
Yeah, she needs to go to jail for that, no problem.

I wonder if Baez is going to take this case for her also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back