Casey at Colonial High

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned in life not to stereotype quiet and shy people. They run the gamut from the sweetest and meekest to quietly wild/treacherous.

In high school, some of the quietest were the "easiest." When my best friend was in med school in Gainesville, we learned his super quiet and shy girlfriend was sneaking up to Jacksonville for playtime and nude pics with his best friend, also a doctor. So ya just don't know.

Hmmm.

I wish there was some way to substantiate this stuff. Has anyone done any year book searchin' for Casey or friends of Casey?

Are any of her current group people she went to HS with?

Wasn't there a friend in the 400 pg doc who was a friend from school? She stated that she couldn't go into the A home when CA was there because CA doesn't like hispanics. Also, I believe the name is Ryan of someone else.

I don't agree with the helicopter parent diagnosis.

If CA was a true helicopter parent, KC wouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place, she wouldn't have dropped out of school, she wouldn't have ever been able to pull off two years of not having a job while saying she did.

If anything, I'd put CA as a pre-empty-nester who was probably at a loss as to where she would fit in when her kids were grown, and she filled that potential gap with Caylee.

lol does that mean she "hovered" over her? If so yes.

Yes it is quite sad, she was right up with the smartest people in her school and this is where she is today.

Oh and my friend thinks she may have taught Lee too. She is going to find out for me and let me know.

I am not surprised.

I thought I read that Casey was an honor roll student.

She seems articulate and well spoken. I don't think Cindy's "help" did Casey any favors.

Hmmm.

I wish there was some way to substantiate this stuff. Has anyone done any year book searchin' for Casey or friends of Casey?

Are any of her current group people she went to HS with?

I could ask if she remembers the friends names, but I don't think I would be allowed to post them here without violating the rules. I don't believe that she still was hanging out with those people, but I may be wrong.

If someone has the time to poke around, maybe there's something relevant on Classmates.com. I can't do so right now because I'm supposed to be "working".

Im not at all surprised that she is intelligent..Shes very articulate even if everything is a lie!

2v33fko.jpg

15g6yc0.jpg

even in highschool her Interests = men!!!

I don't agree with the helicopter parent diagnosis.

If CA was a true helicopter parent, KC wouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place, she wouldn't have dropped out of school, she wouldn't have ever been able to pull off two years of not having a job while saying she did.

If anything, I'd put CA as a pre-empty-nester who was probably at a loss as to where she would fit in when her kids were grown, and she filled that potential gap with Caylee.

I disagree. True accomplished helicopter parents are full time meddlers and excuse makers. It's easy to bully the teacher, neighbor, and anyone else in their kid's world when the kids are small, but once they get to junior high, high school, and beyond, watch out! Often Mommy and Daddy have no real clue of what their precious child is actually doing. The "special snowflake" was raised to feel very entitled, so the rules (or laws) really don't apply to them. The world is their oyster, and they are going to enjoy it regardless of how it affects others.

(Offspring of helicopter parents are sometimes (privately, of course) called snowflakes by weary teachers...because they are very unique,very individual, very special...you get the drift.) You can google it, by the way. :)

Interested in men and one of her favorite shows is Prison Break. I need a new keyboard because I just spit lemonade all over it.

Caught that, didja??? I'm still shaking my head. I guess we can say she hasn't changed much from her dear 'ole school days. :eek:

I have sitting here for two hours trying to figure out how to post the image Truth Seeker! lol I even registered at that stupid site, doh.

Are they any pictures of Caylee listed under the family link?

I was asked to post this in it's own thread, mods merge it if you need to do so.

Ok I posted last night that I have a friend and her sister in law taught Casey at Colonial High. I said I would try to find out more on what kind of person Casey was back then. I was able to talk to my friend and that is what she said.

Casey was very quiet and had few friends, almost like an "outcast" is what she said. The few friends that she did have she stuck with. She was very smart, the class that she was in was AP Physics. Cindy would come to school and try and debate grades given to Casey, she was very controlling according to my friends sis in law. The teacher believes that Casey dropped out of school because of Cindy. I asked if Casey seemed like the kind of girl that was "slutty" and she said no, that she was in fact very shy and almost withdrawn. Now this is purely this person's opinion on Casey and Cindy, but I think that being her teacher she probably isn't going to make this stuff up. I thought it may help explain the type of person that Casey was back then, and what may have lead her be the person she is today.

but didn't she drop out of high school? why would someone doing that well in school drop out? does your friend know why?

but didn't she drop out of high school? why would someone doing that well in school drop out? does your friend know why?

It's not all that unusual for helicopter offspring to drop out of high school. They usually find a few teachers who have rules, and who don't bump up grades on demand. Rather than take a bad grade...or buckle under rules, some opt to drop out.

I have sitting here for two hours trying to figure out how to post the image Truth Seeker! lol I even registered at that stupid site, doh.

Are they any pictures of Caylee listed under the family link?

The family link is for connecting your profile to hers via a familial relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500