"Casey Town" to house trial media

I can't imagine how horrified the people of Orlando are right now. How dare they? I have to believe that this is just the media naming this area "Casey Town" ... and not the city officials? Right? They wouldn't be so insensitive, would they?

Yes...it was the Media that dubbed it ...that name...

It's like the "foxy Knoxy" moniker. Completely crass, devoid of professionalism and it minimized and devalued the impact of a horrible murder. What's with the media and the childish need to sound like some carnival barker with the rhymes and clever names?? Aren't they just supposed to report the news?

I agree. Caseytown should be out.

But I cannot bear to have Caylee's name associated with this circus either. I would rather it be MediaCamp or Anthony-ville.

I think "Media Camp" or "Media Center" or even "Media Village" sounds a whole lot better than Casey or Anthony. I think it sounds a whole lot more professional, and I'd wouldn't want Casey or Cindy to think they were any sort of celebrities.

The first thing that sprung to mind, is an image of Casey sat smiling in her cell when she learns of this. All excited like she is a a huge celebrity. Makes me sick.

I agree with everyone, the should just leave it a Media Center...this only gives the defense more gas for their client can't get a fair trial mantra.

Why would the media make a mockery of Caylee's demise! :banghead:

This is just awful....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

or . . .
"Reporting live from Orlando . . ."
that's enough.

Unfortunately, now that OS threw out that ridiculous name, they will keep using it and I'm afraid it will stick. :maddening: :banghead:

It's just an empty lot across the street from the courthouse which will be great so that the circus doesn't block the road or fill the parking areas for gosh sakes. InSession has been using it all along for the hearings. It doesn't need a name... Should just be "reporting from the Orange County Courthouse" The media's need to have a name for the circus is uncalled for. JMHO

It's like the "foxy Knoxy" moniker. Completely crass, devoid of professionalism and it minimized and devalued the impact of a horrible murder. What's with the media and the childish need to sound like some carnival barker with the rhymes and clever names?? Aren't they just supposed to report the news?

At one time, at least when I attended school for journalism, the rule was that media was unbiased and reported just the facts. It was up to the reader to base their opinions on the facts presented.

The Sentinel, IMO, has lost most of its integrity. Too much sensationalism to draw readership, virtually no editing, very little in the way of positive stories. I've canceled my subscription for all except Sundays and only then for the comics and coupons...

It's just an empty lot across the street from the courthouse which will be great so that the circus doesn't block the road or fill the parking areas for gosh sakes. InSession has been using it all along for the hearings. It doesn't need a name... Should just be "reporting from the Orange County Courthouse" The media's need to have a name for the circus is uncalled for. JMHO

It is KC that is on trial here. Caylee did nothing wrong. What difference does it make what KC thinks about anything? The media has been calling this the 'Case against Casey' for a couple of years now. IMHO 'Casey Town' makes sense, and means the same thing as 'Casey Anthony Trial Media Staging Area'.

IMHO

Oh for goodness sake. Why come up with a name! Why don't they (media) say what they usually say - "reporting outside the courthouse, this is __________". I swear if I hear one of the talking head say "reporting outside Casey Town" I will blow a gasket.

Besides, it's sounds like something a 5 year old would say - right out a Dr. Who-ville script.

MOO

Mel

This media village that contains Casey's name makes me sick. I'd much rather it be called Caylee's town.
IIRC the grieving Grandma copyrighted Caylees name and would get a payout if they did.
Why does a group of parked trucks and tents need to have an official name anyway?? They should call it the Bombshell Big Top because they're covering a circus and are slightly clown like themselves IMO. :)

That is pretty disgusting.

If I could vote I'd name it camp crazy or bat sh%% crazy town. either one describes her and her family without using their name :)

Qoute respect to Tiki's siggy
'Mason: “Who placed the mandible there?”
Dr. G: “God.”

I've been so busy boycotting sensationalism I missed that exchange between Mason and my now beloved Dr G. Did she really say that???? OMG she's beautiful. The jury will melt. Caylees earth angel!!!!!

I think Casey Town sounds like a theme park. Maybe call it (accused) KILLER CASEY TOWN, lets give credit where credits due.

I'm sure that will feed her little narcissistic self. If I thought her grinning made me ill during the hearings I'm really happy I wont be able to see it when she hears there is a "casey town" across the street.

I dont think its healty for me to dislike someone as much as I do her lol.

Wow. I'm surprised Baez hasn't said anything yet. Maybe it will come up next week in a hearing (is there just one now? or more than one?) "See, this case is SO unique HHJP that they're name a whole TOWN after Casey!" (I know that's not what happened, but I can see him misinterpreting it that way, LOL).

How ridiculous. I really thought the media had much more sense than this. I am totally disgusted!

It is KC that is on trial here. Caylee did nothing wrong. What difference does it make what KC thinks about anything? The media has been calling this the 'Case against Casey' for a couple of years now. IMHO 'Casey Town' makes sense, and means the same thing as 'Casey Anthony Trial Media Staging Area'.

IMHO

I absolutely respect your opinion, Star, but why does a media staging area in a vacant lot even need a name? KC doesn't deserve the recognition. Case against KC is one thing... 'Casey Town' sounds more like undeserved recognition. JMO

IMHO

BBM

Respectfully, it DOES matter. I won't even call her guilty (because by law she is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty), but . . . a mother who spent 31 days partying, making whoopi, playing housewife for her new boyfriend, and getting a bella vita tattoo, WHILE HER DAUGHTER WAS MISSING & ONLY SHE KNEW ABOUT IT, doesn't deserve to be glorified by the media*. This WILL go right to her head, assuming it hasn't already. I'm sure that when JB tells her the news, her eyes will light right up. She would most likely brag in a letter to "Cookie" about it, if she still had the means.

*anyone can make claims that this is not glorification, but I'll eat my left shoe if in the mind of KC, it's not totally gratifying, or even rewarding, to have the media camp named after her.

Sorry to ramble on. You opinion is totally respected by me . . . I'm just all caught up in raw emotion over this "Casey Town" folley. Don't mean to take it out on you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back