"Casey Town" to house trial media

Yes...it was the Media that dubbed it ...that name...

Only one person in the media has used that phrase, Alan Schmadtke, Orlando Sentinel. The same article was printed in the Sun Sentinel. Both publications are owned by the Tribune Company.

You know, they really need to implement a law where we can deport people back to their original State. Casey and the Anthony family are not even from Orlando, Florida... they have contributed nothing positive to the Orlando community or the State of Florida (quite the opposite)! Deport them back to Ohio, I say! Deport them!

I am kidding (kinda?)! You know what this sounds like to me?? A network hoping to get the first Cindy and George interview before trial. They're sucking up to their egos. Yeah, that's it!

Isn't that just glamorizing ICA and her dirty deed? Makes me sick. I vote for CayleeTown too, to memorialize a beautiful child whose life ended abruptly, thanks to her biological donor. Naming this place after ICA will only make her feel more like a movie star, which sickens me beyond imagination.

IIRC the grieving Grandma copyrighted Caylees name and would get a payout if they did.
Why does a group of parked trucks and tents need to have an official name anyway?? They should call it the Bombshell Big Top because they're covering a circus and are slightly clown like themselves IMO. :)

"Live from clown camp, this is ____________ ________news.

Naming the media center casey town is just so wrong on so many levels.
Whomever thought of that, IMO, shame shame shame!:tsktsk:
imo moo jmo:clown::cow:

I think Circus Circus or Circus Town are good options. Not sure which I will be going with but whatever I use will not have ICAs name in it, that I know.

Popcorn . . . Peanuts . . . Co o o o ld Drinks! Yeah, the circus is coming to town, no doubt about it.

Clown Camp is funny but I don't want to be insulting those media persons who will bringing us the news. As much as we all hate the hoopla and what it may say about society, we here at WS will be eating up this coverage in our quest to see, hear, analyse it all.

I think Circus Circus or Circus Town are good options. Not sure which I will be going with but whatever I use will not have ICAs name in it, that I know.

Popcorn . . . Peanuts . . . Co o o o ld Drinks! Yeah, the circus is coming to town, no doubt about it.

Clown Camp is funny but I don't want to be insulting those media persons who will bringing us the news. As much as we all hate the hoopla and what it may say about society, we here at WS will be eating up this coverage in our quest to see, hear, analyse it all.

I was just bouncing off kaRN's post cuz I see it as he does. It's yucky to have a name like that for the coverage.
Why a name at all? "Live from OC courthouse media center....." would do just as well. IMO,oc.

No judgment drip~drop, just bouncing off yours :)

which one? I know of two, that avi cracks me up every darn time I see it :)

Do y'all remember the "boat" from the Peterson case and how it became a place for many to remember baby Connor? (kind of backfired for the defense too when people made it a shrine....even people all over the world sent flowers there too, IIRC). Caylee's short life needs to be honored somehow. She needs to be remembered and in the forefront instead of her mother, in my opinion.

I wonder if the area can be renicknamed to something like Sweet Girl's Memorial Media Garden. I don't think bringing in Caylee's name directly would be a good idea, honestly, as no one has license of her name and have the power to sensationalize it like that.....but hmmmm....maybe the family. Don't want to give any fuel to negatively impact the work the Prosecution has to do.

EVERYONE who knows this case knows who the "sweet girl" was and although she isn't here amongst us, the simple truth of her innocent life will prevail in the end. I would rather see her name attached to a REAL garden somewhere and not describing the hounds of the media dog pound.

Just keep the "dear, sweet one" alive in your personal warm thoughts and prayers every day, for there she will find the glow of eternal love that she was denied here.
If you believe it...She sits with HIM now, HE will bring Caylee justice.

So will she expect the Mayor to have a ceremony to give her the Key to the city also?

Disgusting.

This makes me think about how I use to love it when KB would end her reports with something like *Reporting live from Caylee Marie Anthony's neighborhood*. :rose:

It's just an empty lot across the street from the courthouse which will be great so that the circus doesn't block the road or fill the parking areas for gosh sakes. InSession has been using it all along for the hearings. It doesn't need a name... Should just be "reporting from the Orange County Courthouse" The media's need to have a name for the circus is uncalled for. JMHO

Exactly! So what's wrong with referring to it as the media center ? I'm with you though, why does it even need a name ?
The trial's about a heinous murder of a 2 year old by her mother ... a 1st degree murder trial, FPS !! "Casey Town" is just wrong on so many levels ... OS should be ashamed ...
:twocents:

Also, I just can't help but think naming it "Casey Town" will encourage all kinds of things like vendors selling T-shirts or the Ants hawking their Caylee bears ... disgusting ... it's just so wrong

This still makes me mad, so I will just put in my idea for an alternative name!

SUNSHINE STATION

Caylee song - You are my Sunshine
Sunshine state
Station - all media stations
First stop on road to justice - Police station! LOL

(It is better to be goofy than get in TO, right?)

The media didn't do this in Michael Jackson molestation case, and that was a bloody circus (people screaming, fainting, MJ dancing on the roof of his car, showing up in his jammies).

That was a circus! This is a death penalty case of a beautiful little girl. Shame on them for even saying such a thing (Casey Town).

MOOOOO

Mel

Do y'all remember the "boat" from the Peterson case and how it became a place for many to remember baby Connor? (kind of backfired for the defense too when people made it a shrine....even people all over the world sent flowers there too, IIRC). Caylee's short life needs to be honored somehow. She needs to be remembered and in the forefront instead of her mother, in my opinion.

I wonder if the area can be renicknamed to something like Sweet Girl's Memorial Media Garden. I don't think bringing in Caylee's name directly would be a good idea, honestly, as no one has license of her name and have the power to sensationalize it like that.....but hmmmm....maybe the family. Don't want to give any fuel to negatively impact the work the Prosecution has to do.

EVERYONE who knows this case knows who the "sweet girl" was and although she isn't here amongst us, the simple truth of her innocent life will prevail in the end. I would rather see her name attached to a REAL garden somewhere and not describing the hounds of the media dog pound.

Just keep the "dear, sweet one" alive in your personal warm thoughts and prayers every day, for there she will find the glow of eternal love that she was denied here.
If you believe it...She sits with HIM now, HE will bring Caylee justice.

I remember that stunt-gone-wrong very well. Geragos actually bought the building so he could put the boat in the parking lot. After the trial, he sold it for a profit.

One thing we do know with this case. The defense won't be able to erect a swimming pool with a ladder to make a point!

As to naming this encampment, I hope the reporters ignore it (if, indeed, THAT is the name). If there is a sign with the unmentionable name, I'm hoping there will be peaceful protesters picketing with a better name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back