Casey Visited by Doctor

There is absolutely no chance, NADA, that this was instigated by the State. They cannot contact, interview, question KC. This is a defense strategy, pure and simple. It' ain't gonna work - maybe in the mitigation phase to combat the "guilty" verdict and death sentence. IMO this is following the line of KC being abused by her brother and father (ummm. yeah). Defense is definitely going down that road to explain why she killed her daughter.

ETA: Also explains why JB was so hot to have the visits not released to the public

Yep.

While I believe that it is possible for the jail or prison to initiate a psych evaluation of a prisoner in order to facilitate and evaluate both security concerns and the prisoners health and well being, we the public would never ever know of it. any such evaluations would be in the on site health center or be performed by staff personnel, and as such would all be covered under numerous privacy sources such as HiPPA. It would never be done via a "visitor".

I would like this questioned answered as well, Seagull. Very respectfully, I disagree, but if you can site a reference where she indicated how much she "hated" the hot bod contest, then I'll eat my hat, I guess. She looked like she was having the time of her life! Her outfit may have looked more conservative than her contest mates (I recall seeing at least one other person in the pic), but that's like saying that one orange is juicier than another - they are still the same kind of fruit.

This may be what was referred to. In one LE interview TL or one of his roommates said that KC was nervous about the "hot Bod" dance and drank more than usual to get her courage up so she could do it. Sorry I can't remember if it was TL or one of the other guys.

Would explain why Baez wanted visitor logs sealed.

Watch out George and Lee :twocents:

This might be a stupid question to all of you, but I don't know.. are we sure the defense necessarily asked this guy to come visit her, or with mental health professionals is that something that the state or the jail can ask for that isn't considered attorney-client privileged? Do we know whether he came seeking this opportunity, or if he was sought out?

I agree with JustJayla, that he may very well see through any baloney she tries to put out. Which is why I wonder if the defense necessarily engaged him.

Reading the doctor's list of credentials listed above, I'm thinking the defense has engaged him for the sole purpose of trying to show that Casey is indeed "remembering" abuse... :dervish:

There is absolutely no chance, NADA, that this was instigated by the State. They cannot contact, interview, question KC. This is a defense strategy, pure and simple. It' ain't gonna work - maybe in the mitigation phase to combat the "guilty" verdict and death sentence. IMO this is following the line of KC being abused by her brother and father (ummm. yeah). Defense is definitely going down that road to explain why she killed her daughter.

ETA: Also explains why JB was so hot to have the visits not released to the public

I agree 100%

While we're on the subject of her psych evaluation, I keep having this memory of HHSS mentioning something about this after she was evaluated. Did he say something to the effect of "I have no words"?
Am I misremembering?

I'm having very very vague recollections these comments about hated the dancing etc at Fusion came from Cindy in one of her diatribes....does that spark any "recovered memories" from anyone? LOL.

Seriously??:waitasec:

(Color added) I assume that was all in your opinion. Was there any mention by ICA in any documents that she hated going to Fusion and working for TL and doing the Hot Bod contest? Perhaps I missed that somewhere in ICA's statements. :waitasec:

Personally she looked to be having a good time to me. Also if I remember correctly when she was on the phone after being arrested wasn't it TL's phone number she wanted and also if I recall she completely dodged any mention of Caylee. I also don't recall seeing photo's of all the others girls in the club to make a comparison between ICA's attire and all the other girls there.

ICA isn't that big of a mystery. I would be very surprised if any mental health professional diagnosed her with anything other then ASPD.

ReleasedApr093.jpg

ReleasedApr09.jpg

However, I personally don't think the way a person dresses has a thing to do with their sexual appetite.

Reading the doctor's list of credentials listed above, I'm thinking the defense has engaged him for the sole purpose of trying to show that Casey is indeed "remembering" abuse... :dervish:

I may being terribly naive here - but this doctor has written a couple of books and is fairly well known in his circles. Would he really risk have his reputation cut to ribbons on the stand during what will be a very well publicized trial, by obviously stretching the truth?

I understand much about mental illness is a huge area of "wide open spaces" open to interpretation but really? Taking a chance on repressed memories? It is 2010, not the 80's? Really, Dr. Gold?

This may be what was referred to. In one LE interview TL or one of his roommates said that KC was nervous about the "hot Bod" dance and drank more than usual to get her courage up so she could do it. Sorry I can't remember if it was TL or one of the other guys.

Dunno. I sorta compare the Fusian 'hot body' dancing to those party pictures where ICA is in a skimpy black/white outfit IIRC and is doing all of the up close dancing and grinding. Wasn't that the ultimate goal with La Bella Vita?

Oh and how exactly do you know she hated the hot body contest?? I don't see her dong anything she didn't want to do. Regardless of what her "friends" said about her - they also revealed that they had no clue about who casey really was.

I don't think Casey would have done anything she hated.

Liquid courage is something else entirely... I would be willing to bet she was intimidated by the other women she observed and nervous of appearing foolish hence slamming the shots.

Her smile and moves are very stiff and awkward, I wonder if Casey ever really had a good time or is she let the moments pass her by, too busy inside her own head thinking about Casey constantly. That would be one explanation for her obsession with pictures. See, I am smiling, I am happy. My life is so cool.

I may being terribly naive here - but this doctor has written a couple of books and is fairly well known in his circles. Would he really risk have his reputation cut to ribbons on the stand during what will be a very well publicized trial, by obviously stretching the truth?

I understand much about mental illness is a huge area of "wide open spaces" open to interpretation but really? Taking a chance on repressed memories? It is 2010, not the 80's? Really, Dr. Gold?

True enough, I'm just going by what I remember my father and others in his circle said (in the mid-90's), and as I stated above I wish I could ask him about this. Yes, a lot IS open to interpretation...I'm sure the doctor knows there are many in his field that wouldn't agree with him IF this is what they're even doing. Many people have been indicted and sent to jail over this very issue, only to find out later on down the road that the "memories" were false and the accused were innocent.

Respectfully snipped.

ICA isn't that big of a mystery. I would be very surprised if any mental health professional diagnosed her with anything other then ASPD.

I see the diagnosis being that ICA is just a natural psychological extension of CA who evolved over time to become a lot more advanced, evil and spiteful -- given a complete lack of boundaries. It basically escalated out of control as CA and ICA competed with Caylee used as a pawn and CA retaliated with a subtle (at times harsh) passive aggressive psychological attack.

It was the perfect storm and CA knows it, that why she is trying to defend ICA while at the same time wants her punished for the ultimate offense.

The minute I read the first post about this "doctor" visiting, my mind went straight to....he is in there doing a recovered memory sessions. I can see doing this helping people who are dealing with life on the outside because of repressed memories. In ICA's case, it is all to find a reason...a defense...an excuse, if you will...to support her actions, not to help her come to terms with it but to FABRICATE another layer to protect her.

All I can say is if it comes out that she is doing hypnotic therapy to recover repressed memories....George and Lee are royally screwed or anyone attached to her may become targets. How scary, a desperate ICA who is a KNOWN fabricator of truth, going under to "recall" past abuses. She'll be able to remember now who abused her. Funny thing, she probably won't ever go under to find out HOW she lost her baby to the "Nanny" because it never was true and cannot add any more to that mess of a lie. She is now making another plausible lie that the Prosecution must shoulder the burden of proof to negate. When this case goes to trial it will be an incredible set of excuses that we will have to muck through. I wish they would get on with it already and not let her spend more time drumming up defense strategies. The longer this goes on, only bodes well for her.

My dad was a counselor (after retiring from working for a big drug company) and he said there wasn't much research supporting "remembered" memories of abuse...lots of indication that when the subject was under hypnosis they were vulnerable to suggestion and upon awakening, remembered things that in fact didn't happen. At first it was thought to be some kind of big breakthrough for the abused but over time it was shown to actually be quite rare that the memories were real. When Casey first spouted that she "thinks she remembers dreams" about her father abusing her, I could see my dad shaking his head from up above. I myself don't believe her for a skinny minute...

IF she was in some kind of dissociative state, wouldn't she have snapped out of it by now? I don't see a true dissociation lasting 2+ years....wish I could ask my dad about that one. :(( Any counselors here? I mostly lurk (due to time constraints) so miss a lot of posts...

(I started following this case from pretty much day 1 - dad was slipping away from us when this all began and watching NG and JVM helped keep my mind occupied for a few hours. I was just telling my mom last night that I never dream about him & wish I did...)

IMO.. nervous is a completely different emotion than hate. I get nervous when I meet a new guy for a first date.. doesn't mean I hate dating.

wild

TY, Firefly...my father was a very special man. He'd get up in the middle of the night to rush down to the hospital to help rape victims cope, helped a lot of druggies get off their DOC, you name the issue, he'd help - and not charge one thin dime. He did it because he loved people and couldn't stand to see them hurting. He was also the best dad in the world! We lost him 7/18/08...

The "liquid" courage was to drown away and repress Caylee rotting somewhere while she was having all this fun. For a fleeting moment.... ' Hmmm, what would my Mom and Dad think, if they found out I was dancing while Caylee was "gone". ' Swig, swig, shimmy, shimmy. ' I need to forget. ' This is how she was repressing Caylee's abuse.

You're welcome, Itsy. Thank you for sharing him in this brief moment...I feel the love he had for you, for this world and the people in it.

TY, Firefly...my father was a very special man. He'd get up in the middle of the night to rush down to the hospital to help rape victims cope, helped a lot of druggies get off their DOC, you name the issue, he'd help - and not charge one thin dime. He did it because he loved people and couldn't stand to see them hurting. He was also the best dad in the world! We lost him 7/18/08...

I understand what you are saying. My question would then be how does the SA counter the defense doctor if the state does not have ICA examined as well by an independent doctor. I am not speaking of the initial exam.

IIRC, we discussed this early on but I don't remember what thread ..... thanks.

My dad was a counselor (after retiring from working for a big drug company) and he said there wasn't much research supporting "remembered" memories of abuse...lots of indication that when the subject was under hypnosis they were vulnerable to suggestion and upon awakening, remembered things that in fact didn't happen. At first it was thought to be some kind of big breakthrough for the abused but over time it was shown to actually be quite rare that the memories were real. When Casey first spouted that she "thinks she remembers dreams" about her father abusing her, I could see my dad shaking his head from up above. I myself don't believe her for a skinny minute...

IF she was in some kind of dissociative state, wouldn't she have snapped out of it by now? I don't see a true dissociation lasting 2+ years....wish I could ask my dad about that one. :(( Any counselors here? I mostly lurk (due to time constraints) so miss a lot of posts...

(I started following this case from pretty much day 1 - dad was slipping away from us when this all began and watching NG and JVM helped keep my mind occupied for a few hours. I was just telling my mom last night that I never dream about him & wish I did...)

I don't believe her for a skinny minute either. For what its worth Itsy im so sorry for you losing your dad. Mine suffered early onset alzheimers and was admitted to a nursing home this year, he now has completely regressed and so it feels like I have lost him in all but the physical sense. The loss of a parent is guttering. When I see how Casey treats her parents it makes me so sad to think that someday they will be gone and at the moment she doesn't appear to care about them or that fact one iota.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back