Casey's Defense Team. What Now? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first I would wear my invisible cloak to the courtroom so no one could see me with her.

Seriously, all Baez has in his defense arsenal are some lame attacks on the forensics, a few ridiculous explanations for her actions, attitude and behavior and some sewer level attacks on the OCSO investigation. He is up against:

Zanny the Nanny,
Samantha, Victor and Gloria
Juliete, Tom, Jeff, Zach, Annabelle,
Tampa, Jacksonville, the beach
Apt. 210 AND
JB Park
Universal Studios
Pole dancing
Sex photos
Chloroform, shovel, neck-breaking and household weapons,
thefts
the Pontiac
the hair
the stench
the decomp air
THIRTY ONE DAYS
the Blackjack
no phone numbers
gas, gas, gas
the dump site
the duct tape
the garbage bags
the skeleton
June 9
Target
BLOCKBUSTER
La Bella Vita
Fusion Fridays
the Monster's own words
and on and on and on

Houdini himself could not get her out of prison.

The best Baez can do for her is to save her from the DP, which I believe will be back in the case soon. She will get LWOP and die in a cage.

She will not be haunted by what she has done and will continue to blame everyone else for her predicament. This is a nut who called her cell "my dorm" and "my room". She thinks she is in college.

"What am I supposed to learn from that?"
"You are not helping me help myself!"
". . .shut up and get a life!"

She is not insane. She is nuts.

Well how 'bout this for a "from way out in left field" thought?
Nolo contendere - Throw yourself on the mercy of the court.
Argue like heck in the penalty phase:
Dad did things. Mom destroyed my mind. Lee took advantage since I was in Junior High. Fusion owner made me do things. It was an accident. I tried to call my family immediately, but they wouldn't answer or return my calls. I woulda confessed sooner but JB wouldn't let me. Cry a lot.
Hope for 20 years with possibility of parole.

O.K., Y'all can see that I don't have the makin's of ever being a lawyer.

Not bad. I might hire you.

Well, first I would wear my invisible cloak to the courtroom so no one could see me with her.

Seriously, all Baez has in his defense arsenal are some lame attacks on the forensics, a few ridiculous explanations for her actions, attitude and behavior and some sewer level attacks on the OCSO investigation. He is up against:

Zanny the Nanny,
Samantha, Victor and Gloria
Juliete, Tom, Jeff, Zach, Annabelle,
Tampa, Jacksonville, the beach
Apt. 210 AND
JB Park
Universal Studios
Pole dancing
Sex photos
Chloroform, shovel, neck-breaking and household weapons,
thefts
the Pontiac
the hair
the stench
the decomp air
THIRTY ONE DAYS
the Blackjack
no phone numbers
gas, gas, gas
the dump site
the duct tape
the garbage bags
the skeleton
June 9
Target
BLOCKBUSTER
La Bella Vita
Fusion Fridays
the Monster's own words
and on and on and on

Houdini himself could not get her out of prison.

The best Baez can do for her is to save her from the DP, which I believe will be back in the case soon. She will get LWOP and die in a cage.

She will not be haunted by what she has done and will continue to blame everyone else for her predicament. This is a nut who called her cell "my dorm" and "my room". She thinks she is in college.

"What am I supposed to learn from that?"
"You are not helping me help myself!"
". . .shut up and get a life!"

She is not insane. She is nuts.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: Well Said!!!

I have been thinkin about this also for awhile now and what I can come up with is that the "kidnapper" made KC put the duct tape around her and that is why there is fingerprints or whatever other forensic evidence they have and or it is someone in the family. Maybe LA? hmmmm I wouldn't put it past her to get to her mom more. She is not done with her mom yet.
CA probably don't realize that her daughter is doing this just for her.
\

I agree she isn't done with her mom yet.

This is a real stretch, but it goes to motive why Caylee may have been killed.
I think there is a very important reason that Caylee's biological father has not been identified.
Caylee could be a product of a gang rape, and it could be a mental defense or mitigating circumstance to save Casey from death.
She wants to be a victim so bad, and maybe she's never even told her parents this, could also be that incest comes into play. Maybe she really is trying to protect her mother from alot of truths, as would any other family members that know the truth.

What is the possibility of this? Who knows, I'm just wildly speculating and making stuff up to try to get something that might spare her the death penalty. JMO

I'm thinking that the defense will continue to go with Caylee being taken by someone or people and that KC had to make up a name (ZG) or they told her to use the name (ZG) - and that info was in the script to use for 30/31 days - Main thing defense will do is try to disprove any forensics LE has. But I still don't think this will go to trial - I think there are more New Bombshells to happen, and JB truly realizing what LE has and if there is any connection from PI to A's the Celebrity Defense experts will drop out and there will be a deal.

Please someone, enlighten me. If a suspect (like Casey) all of the sudden pleads guilty, does that prevent a trial from taking place? Who then decides the suspects (or Casey's) level of guilt?

I really don't see any kind of a reasonable, believeable defence...He'll DEFINITELY be looking for anything that could have been handled incorrectly from a legal/procedural standpoint first and foremost (and won't find much given just how many "t"s have been crossed). Other than that, he can go after "motive" to try and lessen the charges (CA, GA or LA - watch out) or he might really go all out with daring and introduce the "*advertiser censored* pic" angle himself. In any of these three scenarios, I think he's pulling at straws and doesn't stand a chance. KC will stay where she is. Baez has already accomplished what he was after...

MOO

Well how 'bout this for a "from way out in left field" thought?
Nolo contendere - Throw yourself on the mercy of the court.
Argue like heck in the penalty phase:
Dad did things. Mom destroyed my mind. Lee took advantage since I was in Junior High. Fusion owner made me do things. It was an accident. I tried to call my family immediately, but they wouldn't answer or return my calls. I woulda confessed sooner but JB wouldn't let me. Cry a lot.
Hope for 20 years with possibility of parole.
Get out of prison and go to work as the spokesperson for the CMA Hopefind, from which her Dad and Mom and Lee will have gotten rich already.

O.K., Y'all can see that I don't have the makin's of ever being a lawyer.

LOL, Maybe true about the lawyer, but sure made sense and cracked me up.

1) The defense is counting on developing a plausable explanation to the ZG theory. I have heard this is going to surface shortly, but not to the defense advantage. They gambled and lost, imo. Personally, I think Baez knows full well this will never see the inside of a courtroom but it has worked to his advantage to take a money- making- machine of a case, which he does not even meet the minimum requirements to take,and certainly does not posess the background that would indicate he has a modicum of certainty he can zealously represent this girl. No skin off his bippy in the end, he makes more than he would i the next 15 years having exactly 3 years out of PD land.

2) Never in a million years would I like this narcissist sociopath take the stand. In fact, I might have her do something to get her thrown out of the courtroom. There is zero incentive for having a jury look at her 7 hours a day, let alone speak. She is un-coachable, as witnessed by the jailhouse tapes. Can you imagine when BF after BF is called in strategic order?

LOL, Maybe true about the lawyer, but sure made sense and cracked me up.

1) The defense is counting on developing a plausable explanation to the ZG theory. I have heard this is going to surface shortly, but not to the defense advantage. They gambled and lost, imo. Personally, I think Baez knows full well this will never see the inside of a courtroom but it has worked to his advantage to take a money- making- machine of a case, which he does not even meet the minimum requirements to take,and certainly does not posess the background that would indicate he has a modicum of certainty he can zealously represent this girl. No skin off his bippy in the end, he makes more than he would i the next 15 years having exactly 3 years out of PD land.

2) Never in a million years would I like this narcissist sociopath take the stand. In fact, I might have her do something to get her thrown out of the courtroom. There is zero incentive for having a jury look at her 7 hours a day, let alone speak. She is un-coachable, as witnessed by the jailhouse tapes. Can you imagine when BF after BF is called in strategic order?
Don't they have to rquest a change of venue by a specific date? That's quickly approaching. He'd be stupid to put through a request and then try to plead the case out. That would surely p.o a lot of people. So I say if something is going to happen, it will happen soon.

If I were her lawyer, I would NOT go into court with the "Zanny Nanny" story. I'd go for accidental death, and spin it this way:

Caylee accidentally died by drowning. Casey at first called her parents for help when she couldn't revive her. They didn't respond. At this point, this child/woman, who has never been that emotionally stable to begin with, as evidenced by her lies and deception on just about everything, totally lost it. Unable to admit that her beloved child was dead, she carried her around the yard for a bit...laying her down...picking her back up...unable to deal with the truth that was there. When none of that helped, she put Caylee in the car, in a state of shock, so to speak, and drove around aimlessly for awhile. She kept the body with her as long as she could because she loved her so much she couldn't bear to part with her. Finally, the stench became unbearable, and so she placed her where she had placed other things that she had loved that had died...not to throw her away, but to keep her close. Then, her mind, in an effort to shield Casey from the truth, made up the Zanny story...and Casey actually almost believed it.

The partying and stealing from Amy, etc was just more evidence of how far she had snapped. Even her closest friends will say that she totally changed and they didn't know why.

That's what I would go with and then pray for mercy from the court.

I really don't see any kind of a reasonable, believeable defence...He'll DEFINITELY be looking for anything that could have been handled incorrectly from a legal/procedural standpoint first and foremost (and won't find much given just how many "t"s have been crossed). Other than that, he can go after "motive" to try and lessen the charges (CA, GA or LA - watch out) or he might really go all out with daring and introduce the "*advertiser censored* pic" angle himself. In any of these three scenarios, I think he's pulling at straws and doesn't stand a chance. KC will stay where she is. Baez has already accomplished what he was after...

MOO

A Judge.

If I were her lawyer, I would NOT go into court with the "Zanny Nanny" story. I'd go for accidental death, and spin it this way:

Caylee accidentally died by drowning. Casey at first called her parents for help when she couldn't revive her. They didn't respond. At this point, this child/woman, who has never been that emotionally stable to begin with, as evidenced by her lies and deception on just about everything, totally lost it. Unable to admit that her beloved child was dead, she carried her around the yard for a bit...laying her down...picking her back up...unable to deal with the truth that was there. When none of that helped, she put Caylee in the car, in a state of shock, so to speak, and drove around aimlessly for awhile. She kept the body with her as long as she could because she loved her so much she couldn't bear to part with her. Finally, the stench became unbearable, and so she placed her where she had placed other things that she had loved that had died...not to throw her away, but to keep her close. Then, her mind, in an effort to shield Casey from the truth, made up the Zanny story...and Casey actually almost believed it.

The partying and stealing from Amy, etc was just more evidence of how far she had snapped. Even her closest friends will say that she totally changed and they didn't know why.

:eek: Yikes, that's pretty good!

ETA: I don't believe they have a plausible defense. I'd be waving a big white flag.

You've got me considering. A bit of polishing and smoke and mirrors and it my come up quite well.
But is there any indication of that, or any sensible defence being profered?

I don't think they have a plausible defense, or snowballs chance either!

Responding to HP: The neighbors said they heard "people" in the pool on the day CA said the ladder was in it, and should not have been. The 16th, I believe. Also, the box where the pool supplies, and Caylee's swim jacket were kept had been moved. Evidence of being in the pool. A lot of parents make the mistake of thinking those swim vests 'drown proof' the child, but they DON'T! children are top heavy, and it's way too easy for them to flip over wearing the vests, then be unable to right themselves.

The laying her down and picking her back up are evidenced by the dogs hitting mutliple spots. Just spin the reason for it diff. She wasn't hunting a hiding place, she was distraught and trying to revive her.

Decomp, and the chlorine from the pool, could account for a lot of the cholorform markers, and they can throw in cleaning supplies for the others.

KC's emotional instablity, and tendency to live in la la land are already out there, everywhere.

It's more plausible than most of what's out there anyways. JMO

Oh, wait...you mean any evidence that JB is going to go that way? Not yet, that I've heard anyways.

I also think that CA is going under the bus, but I think it's with her approval. JB HAS to explain the Zanny BS that Casey came up with, he can't just ignore it. So here how I think he's going to spin that:

Cindy had threatened to take Caylee so many times before, and had underminded Casey so many times as a parent, (Jessie Grund can provide backup for this) that she was too petrified to even tell her Mom she had lost/quit her job! How then was she going to find the courage to tell her that she had accidentally let something happen to the baby?

I think that's what they're up to because of the jailhouse video where Casey said she'd been talking to the psychologists, and CA said, "I forgive you for whatever you said," It puzzled me a long time as to what that was about...then it hit me...they're laying a product of bad mothering defense!

Scariest thing about that is, CA is so hated right now...everyone is wanting to believe her guilty of something...it just might work towards getting KC a lenient sentence.

I "today" believe since this fiasco with DC and the psychic, the zanny story will go out the window. I believe either CA, GA or Lee will go under the bus. I believe that was somewhat of a last ditch effort to pull together the zanny story for reasonable doubt. The names, the house, them moving back to PR, the close vicinity of the body.

I just can't decide yet which one. If we go with CA; we have the violence at the home with her choking KC. Her denial of the violence. Her obviously made up story about "kissing them goodnight" on the 15th, the competition between them, etc. She could then say she left that night and left Caylee there and she has no idea who did it.

If we go with LA, she may say he is Caylee's father (and if that does not prove out) that she always "thought" he was. When her and CA had the big brawl she went to LA's and left Caylee there with him and she never saw her again.

Her best bet is GA since by his own admission, he was the last one to see Caylee. She could say she left the night before because they told her to leave and not take Caylee or they would call the police. She started partying trying to get Caylee off her mind, but she did think Caylee was being well taken care of by her parents. He put her in the sandbox to hide her from CA, then moved her to the car. He had the key to her car, and put it there after she died but before he could get rid of the body, KC found her in the car. He then told KC if she told ANYTHING he would kill her, CA, and Lee. He even bought a gun to scare her with when she got out of jail. He told her to tell it was a kidnapping and they would never be able to prove it wasn't. He has a violent temper. He told her to keep her mouth shut totally and he would get her off. Since the police found a gun in his vehicle that might make some jurors believe it.

Another thing with GA - Since he has always been the scapegoat in the family, KC could possibly enlist CA & LA to tell stories of his violence to the family in the past and things they thought "suspicious" the day of Caylee's disappearance.

This is great Turbo but only for jurors who don't realize that GA never had an original thought.
I'm thinking she'll go after CA. That way when she gets out she'll have LA and GA who are easy to control. CA is as sick as she is, close to it at any rate, and she seems to be bothered by her.
The prisons are full of KC types and they thrive in there. I also never met one that wasn't falsly accused. They're sure to tell you that right away.

Please someone, enlighten me. If a suspect (like Casey) all of the sudden pleads guilty, does that prevent a trial from taking place? Who then decides the suspects (or Casey's) level of guilt?

I know that in Texas, if a person pleads guilty to murder, the trial is moved to the penalty phase. Evidence will be presented as it would in the trial phase, but with the emphasis on determining the penalty. A jury decides penalty. But, if a plea deal is reached, that negates the need for even a penalty phase.

I believe that if the defense were to enter into plea negotiations and if they reached a plea bargain, there wouldn't even be a penalty phase. It would all be spelled out in the plea bargain........a guilty plea in exchange for X amount of years. In this case, I'd like to see the death penalty back on the table, because that would be a good basis for a guilty plea.......in exchange for LWOP instead of the DP.

IMHO, the Def has no idea what to do, thus open a new 'tip line.' I think the new tip line is nothing more than a way to get more ideas for strategy and to compile responses to try to spin more material for reasonable doubt.

The best thing they can do at this point is have her plead out and try to bargain for a lesser charge.

IMHO, I hope when all the evidence points to one, the Pros. uses the TES funds depletion on Caylee and that no other funds are available to help others now as a result, to show the magnitude of impact of the lies.

Some hints.....

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Drew?

FINDLING: I`ll tell you when the mistake was made and I was interviewed about this in August. The mistake was made in the hasty nonsense arrest of Casey back in the beginning of the case. This isn`t, unfortunately, the first of these cases and even more unfortunately, it`s not the last. But in cases of this magnitude with missing children, normally you let the patient linger out from. You can constitutionally wiretap bedrooms, phones, cars, everything. You`ve got psychics --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why is that a mistake, Drew?

FINDLING: That`s not the way these cases are usually investigated and then you don`t have to worry about psychics. You don`t have to worry about bondsmen coming in from other parts of the country. You let the person if you think they did it, crack and you take more than one shot at an interview.

This was poorly handled from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500