Casey's Phone-Y Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember the length he went to regarding his med school graduation? That was nuts!
He was going to go to the graduation but decided not to at the last minute. He bought books, wrote papers everything.
Lori discovered his lies before they left for CHapel Hill Med school. What would he have done if she hadn't figured it out?
His lies were incredible. and not one person had any clue.

Wow, one former DA just says that Cindy and George should be charged with accessories after the fact at minimum.

Okay...
Lee was going through her phone book. I can't pinpoint either if that's electronic or paperback type phone book. But he called the names and one neighbor said "Lee why are you calling me?" and that's how it went ... weird, weird.

He was going to go to the graduation but decided not to at the last minute. He bought books, wrote papers everything.
Lori discovered his lies before they left for CHapel Hill Med school. What would he have done if she hadn't figured it out?
His lies were incredible. and not one person had any clue.

He sent out invitations and his family had a big party planned. He feigned he was sick at the last moment and it all had to be cancelled. What a you know what.

Casey is another Marc Hacking. Unbelievable! Yep, she sounds just like him. Living a life that is a lie.

Wow, one former DA just says that Cindy and George should be charged with accessories after the fact at minimum.

Okay...
Lee was going through her phone book. I can't pinpoint either if that's electronic or paperback type phone book. But he called the names and one neighbor said "Lee why are you calling me?" and that's how it went ... weird, weird.

I wonder what explanation Lee gave?

Lee: Hi, can I speak to Jeff Hopkins?
Neighbor: Who?
Lee: Jeff Hopkins
Neighbor: Lee? Why are you calling me?

Casey is another Marc Hacking. Unbelievable! Yep, she sounds just like him. Living a life that is a lie.

You know what? I think I'm going to make a thread called Mark Hacking vs. Casey Anthony. They are so many similarities but so many differences.

I wonder what explanation Lee gave?

Lee: Hi, can I speak to Jeff Hopkins?
Neighbor: Who?
Lee: Jeff Hopkins
Neighbor: Lee? Why are you calling me?

Haha.. That's pretty much the way they said it went on Geraldo tonight..

Casey sure did a lot of covering up and deleting at the last minute didn't she? That shows so much guilt.

Like someone with A.D.D. on steroids, she and Cindy played on myspace ... doing laundry... changed phone number entries... when were they supposed to have been asking questions about Caylee's kidnapper?

Not one bit of this makes sense, other than Casey loves a good party.

Something like this could indicate that Casey was previously faking a job at Universal and people to be pretend to be with at times working late. Cindy may have caught her before, so at least some working numbers in a book would look like these were real people in case Cindy went snooping.

Her cover-up efforts are on the level of a 14-year-old trying to fool Mom.

You know, you really said a mouthful there! Maybe that's exactly what she was attempting to do. Maybe thoughts of LE didn't even enter her head.

Selma

The phone thing I can relate to.

When my ex was having an affair he would say he was meeting with clients and come home with names of people and phone numbers ect.

Although he was believable something didn't feel right so I looked up the clients in the phone book. The numbers did not match. I called the "clients" and they had NEVER heard of my ex husband.

My ex told me he lied because he was really playing golf instead of working. I believed him because I wasn't ready yet for the truth.

If you want to believe someone, they don't have to come up with good lies.

That is so lame! Surely Casey didn't think she was going to fool LE with that ploy. Her cover-up efforts are on the level of a 14-year-old trying to fool Mom.

That's probably close to the truth.

I just don't think she's used to anyone really following up on her lies. She figured she could just hold the phone up and say, "See, they're real people. Here are their numbers in my phone. I'll call them to prove it. . . Gee nobody's answering." I think when Cindy said that whenever Casey lied she told the truth eventually, it meant that Cindy would just fall for another one of Casey's lame stunts, and Casey just thought that was how it goes everywhere. I also don't think it occurred to her that LE would be involved at any point. She's just not very smart.

You're my new best friend here. :crazy:
I did make a post very similar to yours earlier tonight saying nobody's ever called her on the carpet, which is why she never learned that lying doesn't work or that it's wrong. I agree......... she never even gave the notion of LE involvement a thought, but why not, considering her child was ....... ahem ...... abducted, right?
:bang:

Okay...
I can't believe Geraldo didn't make a bigger deal of the phon-y numbers. You can bet Greta and Nancy won't make the same mistake.

Did Casey babysit for these people, or go to school with their kids, or ? She doesn't seem the Neighborhood Watch type, so I'm wondering why she would have had these particular phone numbers programmed into her phone.

Were the phone numbers already in there and she changed the names, or are these new entries? I can envision her parents having the neighbors' numbers in a household phone book that she might have accessed.

If she got the numbers out of the family's phone book, it points to her changing them in the period of time between Cindy picking her up, and her arrest. Possibly that short period of time after her wild ride through multiple apartment complexes and an unplanned conference room meeting at Universal.

She'd just given the 'Jeff Hopkins' and 'Juliet Lewis' names to LE, but they may not at that point have gotten information out of the Uni HR dept, which may have wanted a little time to research its employment records. They also needed time to prepare the arrest affidavit.

I think Casey had a very short window of opportunity - a matter of hours - and she used it.

She may not be thinking clearly, but she's clearly cunning.

I can't believe Geraldo didn't make a bigger deal of the phon-y numbers. You can bet Greta and Nancy won't make the same mistake.

I like that. Maybe I should change the thread to read "Casey's Phoney Numbers". What do you think?

I'll bet you a quarter it's going to be a headline tomorrow.

I like that. Maybe I should change the thread to read "Casey's Phoney Numbers". What do you think?

That might inspire 500 more posts on this thread by morning, but if they're phony, they're phone-y. Definitely.
:)

I'll bet you a quarter it's going to be a headline tomorrow.

And if it isn't, I respectfully suggest a few e-mails to Greta, a post on Gretawire, or something that will get Greta to focus on this particular development. I'd love to see Mark Fuhrman follow up on this.

I still can't believe Casey really thought...no, wait, I'm trying to assign the thinking of an average mom/daughter here on WS to her. My bad. :bang:

I sure adds meaning to Lee's comment that said something like, Casey tells us the truth the best she can. I can't remember exactly how that was worded. He's got to be thinking she out of her mind no?

It's probably not the quote I'm thinking of, but I recall someone asking Lee if he thought Casey was telling the truth (about something specific, which I don't recall at the moment). If memory serves me correctly, he replied, "To the best of her ability".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1