Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, no, this viewing definitely deserves something stronger! :wink:
Mojitos all around!
cuban-mojitos.jpg

Ok, maybe I am playing devil's advocate...how can you tell the difference between a "guilt" reaction and "devastated that could be my baby so close to my house" reaction? Because of the way she reacted to the first set of 'bones' that were found?

Did LP stage that entire 'find' so that her reaction could be compared for when the remains were really found?

i think LP would help LE in any way they asked, but there are other ways of telling what kind of reaction casey had. how many people, upon discovering that the body of their child had been found would react w/ anger for example? it's possible casey was angered that her plans had been thwarted, and by caylee of all people!
i know it's not possible for us to feel like that, but we're talking about casey here.
she may also have been fearful, and not about finding out that it really was caylee, but by how this find would effect her case.
if his doesn't make sense i apologize. i'm running a faver, taken painkillers (always makes my head fuzzy) and i'm pretty sure what's left of my mind is wandering ....
wacko.gif

She got medical attention after the fact because she hyper-ventilated, but they didn't bring her down there because of a condition.

I snickered when I read about this. The inmate thinks she is so clever.
Good job LE!

My question would be .... what did they tell Casey was the reason they were taking her to the nurse's station?

A couple of weeks ago there was a thread started which touched on this topic. In that thread it was reported that a jail employee went to KC's cell for the specific purpose of telling her that remains had been found near Suburban. The poster wondered whether KC's reported reaction under those circumstances could be used against her at trial. I stated rather emphatically that it could not be, entrapment issues, violation of 6th amendment rights etc. However, if this new report is true, the circumstances surrounding her reaction are far different than the original version reported on the other thread, and the legal opinion is therefore different. I don't see any difference, from a legal perspective, between what LE did here and circumstances where LE puts an informant in the same cell as a defendant and tries to get them to talk about the crime, the latter being admissible in court. In my opinion, LE will try to introduce it at trial. The defense, however, will scream entrapment.
(Bold mine) Either that, or they will use it to attempt to demonstrate that Casey was, indeed, distraught that her baby was found dead.

No, no, no, this viewing definitely deserves something stronger! :wink:

A red carpet would be nice, wear your finest gowns.
Champagne will be served:)

Hmm, I thought she was taken to a room and officially told about the find by JB. Such a private meeting with her lawyer wouldn't be taped. So I thought there wasn't a tape.

Now we hear this.. And most likely we will be seeing it soon.

nuh-uh - nope, nope, nope.

JB was livid, because not only was he not there, he did have a colleague who was there with KC, but for some reason they were not together at the time she heard the news.

I always assumed he'd gone for a potty break, but now I am thinking they pulled her from the 'meeting' to take her to the nurse's office.

Heh. I like it!

I absolutely love that this is on tape. It must have made Casey so frushtrated to find this out.

*snicker snicker*

FINALLY, something that wasnt a LIE from that criminal. An honest reaction to the TRUTH of what SHE had done. I doubt we will see this video, not until the trial. This is too HUGE for the Prosecution. I LOVE IT. I cant waite to see JB response to this!
Still not a reaction to what she has done. A reaction to being caught.

And folks- ITS ADMISSIBLE! Its a verbal act, not hearsay, not an "admission" that invokes the 5th amendment. And even with the nurse/hippa situation (which was a great question), you just can't say what she was in the nurse's office for - her verbal act of breaking down is completely admissible.

Still not a reaction to what she has done. A reaction to being caught.

Good point.

I don't think she will ever react to what she's done. Only to being thwarted in her plans to become the World's Best Evah Event Planner at Fusion.

And folks- ITS ADMISSIBLE! Its a verbal act, not hearsay, not an "admission" that invokes the 5th amendment. And even with the nurse/hippa situation (which was a great question), you just can't say what she was in the nurse's office for - her verbal act of breaking down is completely admissible.

I understood that she was told by a prison chaplin. Is this a credible source?

[snip]
Did LP stage that entire 'find' so that her reaction could be compared for when the remains were really found?

I don't know but it couldn't be more poetic. The JBP discovery was a full blown media alert that bones were discovered and was hyped, with LP in tears. Nada.

I remember even CA didn't bat an eyelid about JBP, because she either knew or suspected Caylee was closer to home (given the DC search at Suburban). It was very strange because even if you firmly believed Caylee was alive, and CA obviously did not, you'd be taken aback. Too confident. Hinky.

So this sets a great comparison to KC's reaction to the actual find, since they were similar media alerts -- although this was a reported skull found and not just suspected bones.

Good point.

I don't think she will ever react to what she's done. Only to being thwarted in her plans to become the World's Best Evah Event Planner at Fusion.
It's me me me me me me me me me me me ..........................
again!

Seriously, I am sure not a single brain cell in CMA's dopey head registered a flicker for Caylee!

The fact that she showed no emotion at all with the JB park finding before it was known what was found says VOLUMES!!

Yes it does, and that's way more significant than the fact that she reacted so strongly to the Suburban Drive discovery 8 days before the remains were identified!

My respect for the accuracy of television news is declining by the day.

I really want to see the transcription.

What did she say? The first words out of her mouth can't have been, "Give me meds! NOW!"

What did she really say? Was it the infamous, "This can't be happening now?"

More? Less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members