Caylee Anthony Drowned In Family Pool Theory

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you, thank you, Quick Attack! Just wondering what she could respond with. =)

Thank you, thank you, Quick Attack! Just wondering what she could respond with. =)

The main thing I was left with after watching the vid is that Cindy is still wishing for the wild-ZG-goose-chase to continue, and she doesn't believe that Caylee drown in the pool, although she considers that to be a "risky" area at the home.

Go figger.

Nor I.

The "pool ladder" story was contrived to me--it IS too convenient.

I think convenient and simple is what happened. Casey isn't that complex, and this isn't a movie, where it's drawn out and complicated.

The drowning theory makes a bunch of sense to me.

I think convenient and simple is what happened. Casey isn't that complex, and this isn't a movie, where it's drawn out and complicated.

The drowning theory makes a bunch of sense to me.

Who put the ladder by the pool? Cindy said it was put up before she left the house.

maybe she didn't. maybe she's saying that to cover her guilty conscience, in case this is what happened?

The only way I buy that Caylee drowned in the pool is that Casey didn't call for help because she knew it had been some time since she checked on Caylee...maybe even a day or so. Too busy partying. In fact, she may have left Caylee alone so she could go out. Caylee wandered out in the night and drowned in the pool.

I do think Casey would have called or screamed, but the neighbors may not have heard. Otherwise, they would have come to help. If she could tell Caylee had been dead for hours, she may have just burst into tears rather than screaming.

I'm still not sure why she wouldn't have called 911. At this point, she's going to do time for child neglect. I supposed negligant homicide is worse, but I can't see her being with it enough to weigh the lesser of two evils.

Maybe she just really has snapped and is telling herself Caylee is still alive. If my child died, i can see myself going into denial. Maybe it's easier for Casey to believe Caylee has been kidnapped. That leaves hope that she can be found some day.

Ever since I saw the pic of the pool in the backyard that has been my theory.
It was in THEIR backyard so neighbors wouldn't, necessarily have seen her go in.

Casey may not have found her right away and panicked. I don't think she's one to take criticism and I can just hear her thinking about the attacks on her negligence. (Remember she didn't want to tell her father about the gas cans)

I don't want to speculate on what happened after she found her.

I'm not buying the accidental drowning theory.

IMHO this theory has been created to give Casey an "out".

I have felt this way also since the first time I saw the pool.

I think someone accidently left the ladder attached (probably Casey).
You know sometimes, my daughter will lay down and take a nap if Karmella (my granddaughter) is napping, so maybe this is what happened. Caylee woke up first and wandered into the backyard got into the pool and drowned. Karmella could certainly get into my pool without making any noise or splash, but she cannot swim and wouldn't be able to save herself, and she is the same age as Caylee.

I think Casey woke up, noticed Caylee wasn't there, went looking for her and discovered her dead in the pool. I think she got the child out, noticed it was "too late" and panicked. She made several attempts in her frantic state of mind to reach her parents (flurry of phone calls). When after several attempts to reach a family member failed she decided to do whatever it is she did. Why she didn't call 911 only she knows but, I do not think she could face being blamed for not watching her child and causing her death through negligence. I think she was in deep shock and people do odd things when they are in shock. Now, the lies have been told, and she can't go back to the truth.

This of course is JMO.

But, wait. The 16th when there was a "flurry of calls" to her parents was the Monday after the Sunday 6/15 visit to the grandfather in the nursing home, right? That is also the day that George claims to have seen Casey and Caylee going out the door at around 1:00 PM with Casey saying she was going to work and going to leave Caylee with the nanny, right?

So the flurry of phone calls did not take place while she was at the house, unless she came back later that afternoon and George was not there at the house.

I think I am losing track of things what with so many theories. When were the gas cans stolen again? When did George retrieve the gas cans from the trunk after giving Casey his "rotating the tires" story? Did George then see Casey by herself but without the baby?

Sheesh - I'm back to answer my own questions! I checked the timeline. George Anthony reported the gasoline cans stolen on 6/24/08.

"6-24-08 Casey’s father, George Anthony, reports a theft of $50.00 worth of gas from a backyard shed that was broken into.
http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations/07.28.08_burg lary.pdf&tabid=547&mid=1935"

And he has told the entire story of his retrieval of the gas cans from the trunk of Casey's (actually mom's) car, which had to have taken place AFTER they were reported stolen on 6/24/08.

So Casey was by herself that day. Did he not ask her where Caylee was? George and Cindy had not seen the baby since the 16th at that time.

I have also lost track of what reason George gave for Casey being at the house that day. Anyone remember?

I have felt this way also since the first time I saw the pool.

I think someone accidently left the ladder attached (probably Casey).
You know sometimes, my daughter will lay down and take a nap if Karmella (my granddaughter) is napping, so maybe this is what happened. Caylee woke up first and wandered into the backyard got into the pool and drowned. Karmella could certainly get into my pool without making any noise or splash, but she cannot swim and wouldn't be able to save herself, and she is the same age as Caylee.

I think Casey woke up, noticed Caylee wasn't there, went looking for her and discovered her dead in the pool. I think she got the child out, noticed it was "too late" and panicked. She made several attempts in her frantic state of mind to reach her parents (flurry of phone calls). When after several attempts to reach a family member failed she decided to do whatever it is she did. Why she didn't call 911 only she knows but, I do not think she could face being blamed for not watching her child and causing her death through negligence. I think she was in deep shock and people do odd things when they are in shock. Now, the lies have been told, and she can't go back to the truth.

This of course is JMO.

I've been thinking about this scenario since I saw this thread earlier today. I think what you said is most likely what happened. As I do BELIEVE Caylee is no longer alive, this would make the most sense, seeing the actions and words spoken by Casey since this all began.

Although Casey hasn't spoke a true word since, well, I don't know when, by all accounts she was a good mom. IF Caylee died by accident while in her care, I honestly don't think Casey could admit it out loud. I don't think she could even admit it to herself silently.

I've tried to figure this woman out from the beginning. I just don't understand her. But, on the other hand, IF this is what happened, her actions and words in recent weeks, makes perfect sense of someone who is in a type of shock. Denial. Scared. Mourning.

I'm not sure IF this is the case, and it eventually is found out and proven, if Casey will face and charges and jail time. But either way, IF this is what happened, I pray that people will find it in their heart to forgive her. She would, IMO, deserve sympathy and yes, forgiveness for putting the entire world through this horrible ordeal and for whatever it is she did with her precious daughter after the alleged accident.

Of course IF she'd contacted someone immediately, there would still be heartache over loosing Caylee, but so much further hurt could have been avoided. So much time wasted looking for Caylee, when they could have spent that same time mourning and remembering the precious angel that left this world way too soon.

JMHO
fran

Speculation: I think Casey returned to the house & realized she was "locked out" by her parent's....They surmised she had broken into the shed, & with going away on vacation chose to change the locks. This would put her into a tailspin of anger, feelings of abandonment, rejection.

The ultimate revenge against them...To take away Caylee from them.

The reason the grey pants were in back of the car...Because Casey decided to go "swimming." When she borrowed the shovel, Caylee was not with her. The cadaver dogs hit on an area by the pool, the sandbox, & playhouse.

The "flurry" of phone calls could be her calling & asking why she was locked out.

Was the 16th the day her parents were going on this vacation? I have heard here and there about a vacation but I don't know anything about it. Can someone help me out?

I've been thinking about this scenario since I saw this thread earlier today. I think what you said is most likely what happened. As I do BELIEVE Caylee is no longer alive, this would make the most sense, seeing the actions and words spoken by Casey since this all began.

Although Casey hasn't spoke a true word since, well, I don't know when, by all accounts she was a good mom. IF Caylee died by accident while in her care, I honestly don't think Casey could admit it out loud. I don't think she could even admit it to herself silently.

I've tried to figure this woman out from the beginning. I just don't understand her. But, on the other hand, IF this is what happened, her actions and words in recent weeks, makes perfect sense of someone who is in a type of shock. Denial. Scared. Mourning.

I'm not sure IF this is the case, and it eventually is found out and proven, if Casey will face and charges and jail time. But either way, IF this is what happened, I pray that people will find it in their heart to forgive her. She would, IMO, deserve sympathy and yes, forgiveness for putting the entire world through this horrible ordeal and for whatever it is she did with her precious daughter after the alleged accident.

Of course IF she'd contacted someone immediately, there would still be heartache over loosing Caylee, but so much further hurt could have been avoided. So much time wasted looking for Caylee, when they could have spent that same time mourning and remembering the precious angel that left this world way too soon.

JMHO
fran

I also think this a real possiblity.

This has always been what I believed happened:
have always felt that Caylee drowned in the family swimming pool, and after reading all the theories, I still believe that is how she died. I remember Cindy saying they always put the ladder to the pool away and had done so on the previous Sunday. The pool hadn't been used after that day. When Cindy returned from work she noticed the ladder was hanging on the pool on the 16th, and the gate was left open. Cindy said she thought maybe neighbor kids had come in and used it, but I don't. I believe Casey put the ladder on the pool planning to go in the pool with Caylee and then was on her cellphone, Caylee climbed up the ladder and fell in. JMO.

I'm not sure I can go with the "drowned in the pool" theory.

It just seems that if it were accidental; why all this lying? May be Casey just panicked?

What is also concerning to me is the flurry of phone calls on the 16th. If there was indeed an accident and she was trying to reach her parents but they did not pick up (please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Cindy nor George picked up) why would she take the body somewhere else?

Ok just my two cents here. First I don't think you will ever be able to convince me that this was an accident. Even if she panicked, you don't go out partying and dancing and make comments like she did on people's pages if it was an accident. You would see if in her eyes, almost like she was being haunted. She would have broke before now.

Secondly, hasn't anyone considered the flurry of calls were actually a continuation of the fighting that a neighbor claims to have heard (I think I am remembering correctly) or maybe some threats.... ie. "if you don't do this I am taking Caylee away forever".

I'm not going with the accidental pool drowning either. It's too convenient and doesn't fit with all the other things going on before the week of the 16th. I figure that is going to be used as a possible thing that happened if Casey should be charged with murder. Just more mind games and manipulations being played out, IMO.
I'm not buying an accidental drowning either. I believe that baby was put in the trunk of the car because she could not get a sitter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back