Caylee Anthony Missing 2 Year Old- General Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that the two latest flames in Casey's life have not at this point went to visit.

If Casey has a history of stealing gas, and nothing else of value was taken from the shed, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suppose that she was responsible for this most recent theft.

Perhaps the shovel was indeed borrowed from the neighbor in order to break the lock.

About the decomp hits in the back yard - what if it wasn't Caylee's body that was placed there, but something that Casey was carrying that had come into contact with the body, like a purse or a satchel or even a big plastic trash bag?

Would the dogs have hit on something that had picked up the smell (or maybe fluid), but wasn't actually a body?

Wow, good thought...I wonder...

I'm sure that LE didn't take those receipts because they already got the records from the credit card company. They're more reliable than Cindy, if you as me...

I'm wondering if she was simply taking out cash withdrawals on those credit cards tho...and SAME idea with Amy's check book, she could have just made the check out to CASH and had it cashed at the bank...then there's no actual money trial.... and not actually making physical purchases. I mean it would only make sense unless she is really that stupid in knowing it would be traced and tracked. I dunno...just speculating.

True, but she was a pregnant woman not a tiny child. However, you raise a good point about the burn ban there. (How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook? I can't see them following the law in that respect.)

So looking in the Econ and for a burial site would be the way to go to search.
yes...I also wondered with the ban that would include campfires in a ring at campgrounds?? Hi SS!:blowkiss:

What they'd have gotten out of it was Caylee. IMO, the 'mini-vaction' and 'bonding' lines are BS. Something happened in that house on/around the 6-15/6-16 that caused Casey to leave with Caylee in tow (IMO: Casey did something, or Cindy found out she'd done something, and tensions that'd been building just came to a head. At that point, Cindy *really* put her foot down, Casey grabbed Caylee and bailed).

The gas theft occurs like a week later, and by that point, I'm sure Cindy's in a tail spin, not having seen Caylee, knowing that Casey's flakier than a fresh baked pastry.

If the gas is stolen, there's a report of theft. IF Casey gets her act together, drops Caylee off or they both come home, maybe it's forgotten, and Cindy (and George?) forgive ... like they've done so many times before. OTOH, it's something that can be used against Casey if they need to. I imagine she wouldn't serve much time, if an, if it was proven and they did press charges, BUT it'd be one of (what I'm assuming are the many) things that could be used against her if, say, Cindy and George filed for custody of the little girl.

I think that, even if Cindy did put her foot down in mid-June she waffled as time went on, and Caylee's absence got to her. Because of that, and given her admitted history [per the 7/3 blog post] of forgiving Casey ... I don't think they would have named her as their suspect. We've seen the lengths that Cindy will go to, to overlook Casey's lies/faults/etc, and I think that not naming her was "Well, let's give her one more chance..." or something.
IMO.

The 7/3 blog post is extremely important in my opinion. In that post we basically learn that Cinday has really been the one who has raised Caylee. Cindy may say what a great mom Casey was now -- but Cindy herself in that post laid out the facts.

The synopsis of that post was, "We have raised this child for the past three years, and we are extremely concerned who is taking care of her now -- because Casey never did."

That is something that has been bothering me, about the hit in the playhouse.

Even for a smaller built person, like Casey - it'd be very hard to carry a 3 year old's body into that small plastic playhouse. We have a similar one, and my 8yr old and almost3yrold can't make it through the door together.

You certainly couldn't dig anything while crouched inside, or not very well - a full size shovel would be hitting the walls and ceiling and be awkward to wield. A garden spade would be more likely but totally inefficient.

So..if there was a grave dug, I would think the house would have to be moved first, then pushed or set back over the grave.

On the video with LE and the search in the backyard, it took something like 4 people to move that house because of the size/awkwardness of the weight. Could Casey really move it alone? Wouldn't there be drag marks or grass that was mashed down from it? (Asking, not guessing - not sure what would be present).

I have to disagree, MSW. I think she is close, but since she probably is not alive...as Casey claims...she thinks they won't find her. (Casey obviously isn't aware of TES.)

Caylee WILL be found. It is only a matter of time before searches begin in full swing to look for her (the sooner the better!). It would be great if LE would release the triangulation from June 24th - June 27th of Casey's cell phone so the searches can be narrowed down. I honestly don't understand why LE isn't conducting any searches on a large scale by now. Makes absolutely NO sense!
I bigged it. I also wonder this too, SS! Does anyone know or have any idea why they would not be looking for this little girl en mass? I mean, if she is dead or she is alive...she still has to be found!:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I am working on the daily recap. please bear with me

Ladybass..............Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your updates are appreciated! :blowkiss:

Late last night we lost our cable service - Internet and television. It was restored this morning and not too long after I got online and was reading the last thread............we had an earthquake! I'm fine here, but have been offline checking on relatives.

Why would she need to steal gas during this time anyway? Didn't she have Cindy's credit card?

I wonder if she was smart enough (I don't think she's stupid) to know if she took a road trip with Caylee whether she was alive or dead and she stopped for gas their would possibly be cameras....remember the astronaut that drove from Texas to FL and wore diapers so she didn't have to go to the bathroom but the cameras caught her paying for gas...maybe Casey did this to avoid being seen God knows where getting gas

What they'd have gotten out of it was Caylee. IMO, the 'mini-vaction' and 'bonding' lines are BS. Something happened in that house on/around the 6-15/6-16 that caused Casey to leave with Caylee in tow (IMO: Casey did something, or Cindy found out she'd done something, and tensions that'd been building just came to a head. At that point, Cindy *really* put her foot down, Casey grabbed Caylee and bailed).

The gas theft occurs like a week later, and by that point, I'm sure Cindy's in a tail spin, not having seen Caylee, knowing that Casey's flakier than a fresh baked pastry.

If the gas is stolen, there's a report of theft. IF Casey gets her act together, drops Caylee off or they both come home, maybe it's forgotten, and Cindy (and George?) forgive ... like they've done so many times before. OTOH, it's something that can be used against Casey if they need to. I imagine she wouldn't serve much time, if an, if it was proven and they did press charges, BUT it'd be one of (what I'm assuming are the many) things that could be used against her if, say, Cindy and George filed for custody of the little girl.

I think that, even if Cindy did put her foot down in mid-June she waffled as time went on, and Caylee's absence got to her. Because of that, and given her admitted history [per the 7/3 blog post] of forgiving Casey ... I don't think they would have named her as their suspect. We've seen the lengths that Cindy will go to, to overlook Casey's lies/faults/etc, and I think that not naming her was "Well, let's give her one more chance..." or something.
IMO.

I understand and totally agree, I guess my thought was just that...if they were setting it up to use that in the future against her, why wouldn't they tell the officer that they suspected their daughter, as she had a history of it? Otherwise they wouldn't be able to use it right? Because they couldn't prove it was her.

I think that's where I'm confused...if they were going to not mention her in the report, to give her a "second chance" I don't see why they reported it at all...that's why I'm lost.

I was looking at it like maybe her parents put two and two together and realized recently that Casey might have stolen the gas for something having to do with Caylee, then backtracked and tried to say "Well, yeah, but she stole gas all the time..."

But then, it's not hard to believe that Casey would have a history of stealing anything :rolleyes:

Sorry this is way past the hearing, but did anyone else find it outrageous that Jose thinks LE would release a call that might actually contain evidence for where Caylee was and that person would be able to flee with her before they could get them? Seriously, do we honestly believe that Casey, while in jail, is following Caylee's every move with "whoever" has her and she could just come up with a location? Let's be real. I'm thinking she's sociopathic, not PSYCHIC! Glad the judge ruled the way he did. I do believe that family will eventually give LE the evidence they need through these calls.

Great sleuthing all!

True, but she was a pregnant woman not a tiny child. However, you raise a good point about the burn ban there. (How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook? I can't see them following the law in that respect.)

So looking in the Econ and for a burial site would be the way to go to search.

what about fires on the beach?

Why would she need to steal gas during this time anyway? Didn't she have Cindy's credit card?

Cindy says she knows where Casey was because she has two weeks of credit card receipts. Not three, not four, but two. IMO, If Cindy had to call Amy to ask where Casey was, it's safe to assume Cindy didn't know where Casey was on/around July 15th. 2 weeks of receipts (Exactly? Or going back a little further? I don't know).

IIRC, the latest the gas could have disappeared was 6/24 @ 10PM. IMO, if Casey stole the gas, she could have stolen a/the credit card/s at that time. The gas would have been "insurance" (maybe she didn't know the CCs PINs and didn't know if she'd need them to buy gas, maybe she was worried the cards would be cut off quickly either by her parents, or the bank), or maybe the card/s were stolen with the mindset they'd be a "last resort". If that mindset did exist, it didn't last too long, but it could have been there. IMO.

If they kept it in a locked shed, why are they idiots?

They have 2 choices.... kick her out for good so she CAN'T steal anything they own & or lock up their valuables.

Umm because it was a habit, as in.. this was not the first time.. as in they should have caught on by then that if it was there she would take it.

I also think Caylee will be found close by (IF she's ever found).

Casey said she FEELS like Caylee is still close... and then went on to tell Lee that her mother would understand the maternal bond.

Dont ya just love this statement, MATERNAL BOND. See, mine would say "don't wait 31 days before getting help from LE" Mine would be "tell them what they need to know to get my baby back" I've never heard of felt her kind of Maternal bond. IMO

I heard someone laugh at the time Casey turned and smiled and waved to her parents. I think it was Cindy. It's almost as if Cindy thought it was "cute" that Casey did that. it's even stranger that George said on the stand "Things are really bizarre right now" GOOD GRIEF!! It appears to me that they still don't understand that their behavior in this is not the NORM!!

I bigged it. I also wonder this too, SS! Does anyone know or have any idea why they would not be looking for this little girl en mass? I mean, if she is dead or she is alive...she still has to be found!:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

IMO, if LE thought she was alive, they would be out searching en mass, with great urgency.

I figure they believe she is dead, and while a body does need finding, it is with much less urgency and they figure if they can get Casey to confess and lead them to the body, then they have a slam dunk.

IMO.

I am trying to give the grandparents the benefit of the doubt.

This is all my opinion, but Casey has a lot of bipolar symptoms. I haven't seen anything to tell how long she has been acting the way she does, but even a few years of trying to deal with someone like this can wear a person down to the bone. It would be constant stress, constant second guessing yourself, and that's enough to make anyone crazy. I think they tried very hard to take care of Caylee and Casey, but it finally got to the point of enough is enough. I also get the feel Cindy has borne the brunt of Casey's behavior for a long time. I do think something happened in June, and it could have been a small thing, just the final straw, and they made the decision to stop enabling her. So Casey leaves, and now here we are a little over a month later. I truly believe Cindy especially is blaming herself for what happened to Caylee, and the guilt is pushing her over the edge.
My opinion, I think on some level they believe no matter what happens to Casey, Caylee is gone for good, and Casey is still their daughter, and they still love her, and from their standpoint, right or wrong, they are trying to save her, maybe for them to feel they have salvaged something out of this mess. ??
Lanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member