Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread and I'm not sure if this was mentioned but it appears to me that the picture is a still from a video.

The reason why the video wasn't shown instead was probably because it shows that she couldn't pull the heavy door. She probably turned around frustrated right after that frame.

MOO

Was this photo taken by a cell phone camera and do we know who took the picture?

The quality of this picture is very bad, like a cell phone pic, what I find odd is why would someone take a picture and keep it of Caylee from behind that really looks odd.

I have been thinking hard about this pic and here's my take: my home has many sliding glass doors that look out onto our pool/patio cage and they are taller than the ones shown here so I feel that it's possible that Caylee would have been tall enough to reach the handle at her age and height.
Sliding glass doors are not hard to open for children but I think that young children find it easier to push and pull doors open instead of slide doors open, in this picture it looks likes the the door was already cracked open and Caylee is trying balance herself while putting her head through that crack and call out to someone, it does not look like she is trying to open it to me. Sliders have screws at the bottom that can be adjusted to make them glide easier, I have heard of parents adjusting the screw at the bottom to make the doors heavy and hard to pull to prevent kids from opening them, so I find it hard to believe that CA & GA did not take any precautions to avoid an accidental drowning, these are experienced parents and know that the house had to be baby proofed.
In my house before my son was born I paid a company to put a pool safety fence around the perimeter of the pool so that my son could not fall in if he somehow managed to open the door and my sliders all have these clear plastic stoppers that fold down at the top to prevent the door from sliding open, we also have chimes on the doors so we can hear them, those came with our alarm but they sell door chimes and pool alarms to alert parents, so I think that CA must have taken some measure before and this is why she never considered that Caylee could have drowned in the early stages of her disappearance.

This reminds me of the book in the woods thread.
My take on the issues.
This picture appears to be a still captured from a video or a cellphone. That is why it is such poor quality and also why there is a picture of her opening the door. It is just a snip of a moment in time during the video or a quick snap of her opening the door from her cell.

The "repeating pattern" is just the bottom stripe with a blip of glare or other artifact interrupting the bottom solid stripe. Shoes are the same.

Even a right handed child would not be able to get the leverage to open a slider with her right hand. You can see she is using the right hand to pull the jamb in the opposite direction while anchoring herself with her right foot. If it was a left sided handle, she would open with her right and counter balance with her left foot and hand.

I do not see a black handle anywhere.

JMHO of course.

According to Dr G's Autopsy report, Caylee is listed at 36-38 inches (that would be to the top of her head) and the standard average for door knob height, from the bottom of the door to the center-line of a door knob in the US is 36 inches from the bottom of the door. Just food for thought. MOO

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a picture of Caylee. If the State had ANY reason at all to believe it was not, we would have heard about it -- better believe it. I think to suggest that this is a fake picture is rather ridiculous and bordering on the type of conspiracy theories that the DT come up with. This needs to be put to rest. I'm sorry, but that is my true opinion on the matter.

I wish I knew how to post pictures here, but I don't. I am just trying to see if I am crazy now...does anyone see the picture without Caylee in it and see a "black" handle for the sliding glass door, while the one Caylee has her hand on is silver.

I have no doubt I can be seeing something wrong, I just wanna know why I am seeing these as two different handles? The Anthonys could have had the door replaced or gotten different handles...if that is what I am seeing.

TIA.

:twocents:

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a picture of Caylee. If the State had ANY reason at all to believe it was not, we would have heard about it -- better believe it. I think to suggest that this is a fake picture is rather ridiculous and bordering on the type of conspiracy theories that the DT come up with. This needs to be put to rest. I'm sorry, but that is my true opinion on the matter.

I agree that this is a picture of Caylee but I just think that the origin of the picture is in question. If it is a still from a video, the PT should have had access to the video. If Caylee did open the door that day, and it was captured on video, then the whole video would have been used, not just a still frame.

MOO

I wish I knew how to post pictures here, but I don't. I am just trying to see if I am crazy now...does anyone see the picture without Caylee in it and see a "black" handle for the sliding glass door, while the one Caylee has her hand on is silver.

I have no doubt I can be seeing something wrong, I just wanna know why I am seeing these as two different handles? The Anthonys could have had the door replaced or gotten different handles...if that is what I am seeing.

TIA.

if the black object you are referring to is the same thing i'm looking at, it is the screen door handle seen through the surface of the sliding door

TIA.

I think you are seeing something that is outside or is the handle for the screen door which is open. The door in the picture in the living room shot is closed not open. Does that help?

TIA.

Yes, I see what you're talking about but I think the black handle belongs to the sliding screen door that's on the outside of the sliding glass door in the living room picture, the screen door is open while the glass sliding door is closed. Yes, the glass sliding door appears to have a silver handle.

After seeing the 'tall skinny Caylee at the door' image, it seemed apparent to me that maybe the image was taken from a video that was shot in wide-screen, but captured in a standard screen format. This makes anyone look tall and skinny, or short and fat if the reverse is true. I have seen this in many videos on the net. I went to the site: http://www.nobell.org/~gjm/dtv/hdtv-aspect.html and found that a video shot in wide-screen and displayed as standard resolution could be corrected by widening the image by a ratio of 1.224. ie: 22.4% wider, with no change in image height.

I did that with the image mentioned. The original image was 292 pixels-wide and 466 tall. 292*1.224 is 357.408. I re-sized the (WIDTH-ONLY) of the image in question and placed the 357 pixel-wide image next to the 292 wide original image. Here is the result:

2dmb2e.jpg

Direct link: http://i51.tinypic.com/2dmb2e.jpg

To me, that is more like reality, so I think it is a simple image resolution problem that confused us. Just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

I hope the SA doesn't allow Baez to bait them into some sort of 'photoshopping' claim on rebuttal. Maybe JA could spank him for introducing an image at the wrong resolution deliberately to make Caylee taller. I dunno.

Anyhow, I think the reasonable explanation is what I have shown above. IANAL and I'm not a graphics expert. Others here that are more experienced in graphics than myself need to take a look at my assumptions here.

I hope the SA doesn't allow Baez to bait them into some sort of 'photoshopping' claim on rebuttal. Maybe JA could spank him for introducing an image at the wrong resolution deliberately to make Caylee taller. I dunno.

The image with the altered aspect ratio (tall skinny) is not what the defense presented in court. It was altered by somebody on the web and has been passed around.

You have it marked as "orig" but that is not original at all. The defense originally presented the image with a correct aspect ratio.

I believe this photo IS of Caylee as well. I'm wondering if it was doctored.

This reminds me of the book in the woods thread.
My take on the issues.
This picture appears to be a still captured from a video or a cellphone. That is why it is such poor quality and also why there is a picture of her opening the door. It is just a snip of a moment in time during the video or a quick snap of her opening the door from her cell.

The "repeating pattern" is just the bottom stripe with a blip of glare or other artifact interrupting the bottom solid stripe. Shoes are the same.

Even a right handed child would not be able to get the leverage to open a slider with her right hand. You can see she is using the right hand to pull the jamb in the opposite direction while anchoring herself with her right foot. If it was a left sided handle, she would open with her right and counter balance with her left foot and hand.

I do not see a black handle anywhere.

JMHO of course.

BBM

Kittens, anyone?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The image with the altered aspect ratio (tall skinny) is not what the defense presented in court. It was altered by somebody on the web and has been passed around.

You have it marked as "orig" but that is not original at all. The defense originally presented the image with a correct aspect ratio.

I marked it 'original' since it was the only image shown on 3 large sites that I read. Since you know where the 'real original' is, maybe you could give us a link.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know when that picture was taken, but the Anthonys must have rearranged their furniture between the time it was taken and the time LE took photographs of their living room. The chest beside the door is a different height and placement compared to the light switch, and the chair on the porch is placed differently (I think -- that might have to do with the lens.)
cayleelivingroom1.jpg

I marked it 'original' since it was the only image shown on 3 large sites that I read. Since you know where the 'real original' is, maybe you could give us a link.

Thanks in advance!

I just now saw the tiny chopped down picture at the top of this thread. It appears to be in the proper aspect. I may be incorrect in my belief that the 'orig' I used is really the original presented in court. As you say, it is all over the net. I sure would like to see the original/unaltered version if you know where I could find it. Thanks.

I just now saw the tiny chopped down picture at the top of this thread. It appears to be in the proper aspect. I may be incorrect in my belief that the 'orig' I used is really the original presented in court. As you say, it is all over the net. I sure would like to see the original/unaltered version if you know where I could find it. Thanks.

The original* is what was shown in live court. It could probably be found now in recordings of the proceedings (some are on YouTube and some on major media sites).

* = the true original resides as a digital file that came from the actual camera used. It would be on an Anthony memory card, hard drive, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back