Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

She could have been waving. Her arm could have been outstretched, just touching the glass.

There are so many things wrong with the look of the left arm, and I think only the part of the arm roughly elbow to hand was altered:

1. The arm is curving unnaturally. Go open a sliding door, both with palm facing you and facing the door. When the palm faces you, your elbow goes out. When the palm faces the door, which is a very unnatural way to open the door, the upper arm stays straight (since your arm bones don't bend all that much.) Her arm is curving in a more circular fashion.

2. Her left arm looks longer than her right.

3. Her left arm looks much skinnier than her right.

4. The skin tones between the two parts of her arm look different.

5. The lighting looks odd on the part of the arm reaching up.

Very late to this conversation, but this pic is obviously altered. The halo around the altered arm, and all pointed out above shows me this. I also ran the pic through software "JPEG snoop" and though I am not sure how many have handled this copy, or where it came from, I got this result:

Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

Of course, this is not solid, as we don't have the exact copy DT used, but IMO just looking at the pic close up, it is altered. It looked altered in the big blow up that JB used in the trial, too. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...caseyanthony08220110703150925,0,4565549.photo

I don't think the DT should be able to get away with falsifying evidence like this. Especially since it seems the jurors believed in the defense OS and took the pictures of Caylee opening the door, and climbing the ladder as evidence of her drowning. (with seemingly know thought to why 911 would not be called, or why someone would make an accident look like murder.)

I don't for a minute doubt that this would be "above" the DT strategy, as I remember that "Imaginary Friends" poster the DT made with a 15 year old ICA..

Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???
____

Originally Posted by stg
"I totally agree that the arm opening the door looks hinky. It is rounding too much, when the natural tendency would be for there to be some kind of angle at the elbow due to the elbow going outward as the hand grips the door. Every time I have looked at the photo, it's not the height of the child (I think it is Caylee), but something odd about that left arm I'm drawn to. It looks too long and skinny also.

I think it's photoshopped.
__

I agree with stg. You can tell the arm, and the wrist is rounded out to reach the handle.
It doesn't look real or natural at all.

Yep, it is photoshopped.

False evidence, false stories, and more lies. And they got away with it.

i know this really didn't come up as an issue, but they were pretty sure that it happens--where nieghborhood kids sneak in their yard.. i doubt they had a problem with neighborhood kids sneaking in and going swimming without their permission ... i think the neighborhood knew that george and cindy would go ballistic if they ever caught them... and if i were a kid sneaking in to swim without permission, i think i would find an inground pool to do it in... besides, wasn't george out of work for a while and around the house/yard most days?

oh...as for the photo of caylee... two things about it bother me... 1) why take a picture of your kid doing what she's doing (opening, or not, a door)...more importantly 2) who dresses their kid like that?

oh...as for the photo of caylee... two things about it bother me... 1) why take a picture of your kid doing what she's doing (opening, or not, a door)...more importantly 2) who dresses their kid like that?

1) supposedly they left a crack in that door for the dogs. It's reasonable to assume Caylee was trying to open or shut the door and they thought it funny and cute so they snapped a picture.

2) I've seen worse.

So obviously photoshopped. Witness tampering, Jury tampering............that DT is morally bankrupt!

seriously, all you have to do is look at the left arm. look at it in the larger photo in jbean's attachment above. there aren't even fingers around the handle, and the arm is so flagrantly stretched and out of proportion, it's ridiculous.

look at the left arm. look at the right arm. look at the left arm. look at the right arm.

I hope someone is looking into it because to me the picture looks stretched, off somehow. Almost as if Caylee could have been cut out and placed on the picture. The picture of the house could have been taken a month ago and a cutout placed over top. Nothing would surprise me. Did CA provide the picture??? Would not surprise me. I don't see JB sticking his neck out that far. There's a shadow on the cabinet by the door on the left side but Caylee has shadows on her right arm area and right leg area. It looks like two entirely different light angles. Not an expert just looks weird to me. jmo

I haven't seen any convincing argument that this is not Caylee, or that the photo as presented by the defense was somehow altered.

Me either. The prosecution would have made sure it was authentic. The picture is unaltered Caylee. Even if it WAS altered, do ya think it would have changed this jury's decision? Nope.

seriously, all you have to do is look at the left arm. look at it in the larger photo in jbean's attachment above. there aren't even fingers around the handle, and the arm is so flagrantly stretched and out of proportion, it's ridiculous.

look at the left arm. look at the right arm. look at the left arm. look at the right arm.

That's what I said from the first moment I saw it. It looks like the arm of "Stretch", the action figure.

AND...what's to say she wasn't trying to close the door, as opposed to opening it?

Tracy M said last night (for whatever it's worth) that that door was not an easy one to just slide open. You had to put force behind it. It was cracked so the dogs could go in and out.

Another image...

kcdoor2.jpg

Prof: Okay, to be clear. THe above are quoted pics from this thread. The pic below is what I have provided. What I have done is downloaded the trial pic from http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...caseyanthony08220110703150925,0,4565549.photo
Then I simply zoomed in and cropped that trial pic to show the part in question. I added the arrows, and that is all I did.

What I noticed aside from the unnatural left arm was the blue patch on the outdoor furniture. The blue patch with the red border looks like a paste job with cut sharp edge and all. Compare it to the quoted pic on the right above.

BaezCayleeatdoor62978312-1.jpg

BaezCayleeatdoor62978312.jpg

What I noticed aside from the unnatural left arm was the blue patch on the outdoor furniture. The blue patch with the red border looks like a paste job with cut sharp edge and all. Compare it to the quoted pic on the right above.

BaezCayleeatdoor62978312-1.jpg

BaezCayleeatdoor62978312.jpg

The bottom picture with JB showing the picture in question is clear as a bell...and it proves that Caylee was able to open that door on her own. That is a beach towel laying of the back of the patio furniture. You can see Caylee's knuckles where her hand is wrapped around the handle and the coloring on her sneakers match. Zooming in makes the picture blurry and distorts it so you can't identify specific points accurately.

The two pictures are the same. The top one I enlarged, but kept scale. I just zoomed in and added the arrows. They are exacty the same pic. It does not prove anything, but it was altered. IMO it was evidence tampering.

The two pictures are the same. The top one I enlarged, but kept scale. I just zoomed in and added the arrows. They are exacty the same pic. It does not prove anything, but it was altered. IMO it was evidence tampering.

I wasn't accusing you of any wrong doing.. The distortion and blurriness caused by Zooming in happens in a lot of photos.

I haven't read all the posts here but wanted to comment on something that DH and I discussed a day or so ago. When we moved into our present home 18 years ago (original owners), we did not want a sliding patio door from the kitchen to the deck/patio. We opted for French doors because the only childhood injury that our DD sustained while growing up was a badly bruised finger that caused her to lose the nail until it grew back. She was 12-years-old when this happened: The door was too heavy for her to open/close!

There is absolutely no way that little Caylee could have maneuvered that patio door :banghead: The photo was fake, and I knew it. No way, Jose!

Very late to this conversation, but this pic is obviously altered. The halo around the altered arm, and all pointed out above shows me this. I also ran the pic through software "JPEG snoop" and though I am not sure how many have handled this copy, or where it came from, I got this result:

Of course, this is not solid, as we don't have the exact copy DT used, but IMO just looking at the pic close up, it is altered. It looked altered in the big blow up that JB used in the trial, too. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...caseyanthony08220110703150925,0,4565549.photo

I don't think the DT should be able to get away with falsifying evidence like this. Especially since it seems the jurors believed in the defense OS and took the pictures of Caylee opening the door, and climbing the ladder as evidence of her drowning. (with seemingly know thought to why 911 would not be called, or why someone would make an accident look like murder.)

I don't for a minute doubt that this would be "above" the DT strategy, as I remember that "Imaginary Friends" poster the DT made with a 15 year old ICA..

I apologize for quoting myself, but I downloaded the NBC version of trial photo and came up with same results from the Jpg snoop. Do we know what type of camera CA had? Could it have been a Casio Exilim EX-Z750?

Here is part of the report.

Searching Compression Signatures: (3327 built-in, 0 user(*) )

EXIF.Make / Software EXIF.Model Quality Subsamp Match?
------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------- --------------
CAM:[CASIO COMPUTER CO.,LTD ] [EX-Z750 ] [ ] Yes
CAM:[CASIO COMPUTER CO.,LTD. ] [EX-Z1000 ] [ ] Yes
CAM:[PENTAX ] [PENTAX Optio S5i ] [ ] Yes
CAM:[SIGMA ] [SIGMA SD9 ] [ ] Yes
SW :[ACDSee ] [100 ]
SW :[Apple ImageIO.framework ] [100 (Best) ]
SW :[Digital Photo Professiona] [10 ]
SW :[IJG Library ] [100 ]
SW :[MS Office Pic Mgr ] [ ]
SW :[Nikon Scan ] [Excellent Qualit]
SW :[Picasa ] [100 (Maximum) ]
SW :[ZoomBrowser EX ] [highest ]
SW :[EOS Viewer Utility ] [ ]

The following IJG-based editors also match this signature:
SW :[GIMP ] [100 ]
SW :[IrfanView ] [100 ]
SW :[idImager ] [100 ]
SW :[FastStone Image Viewer ] [100 ]
SW :[NeatImage ] [100 ]
SW :[Paint.NET ] [100 ]
SW :[Photomatix ] [100 ]
SW :[XnView ] [100 ]

The bottom picture with JB showing the picture in question is clear as a bell...and it proves that Caylee was able to open that door on her own. That is a beach towel laying of the back of the patio furniture. You can see Caylee's knuckles where her hand is wrapped around the handle and the coloring on her sneakers match. Zooming in makes the picture blurry and distorts it so you can't identify specific points accurately.

I don't think the picture is altered, but I don't think it proves Caylee could open the door at all. My niece is almost three and about the same size as Caylee was, she loves to go outside and will often go over to the patio door and try to open it and can't, then she turns around and asks me to do it. The only thing the picture proves is that she can reach the handle.

That photo that Jose is showing to the Jury is NOT authentic:

If that is the same chest in the living room....and you can see the designs on the side of it, and on the front....and Cindy said the photo is of Caylee in the living room at that sliding door, then it's not accurate. That closeup photo he is showing the jury has the chest really tall, a lot taller than Caylee and the top left corner of the chest only about six inches away from the white light switch thingy.

If you look at the living room pic without Caylee in it, a few posts above, the one on the right, the chest is much lower, with the top left corner more like 2 feet away from the light switch.

...even if the chest was moved closer to the sliding door, and thereby closer to the light switch, that doesn't change the height of the chest....

That photo that Jose is showing to the Jury is NOT authentic:

If that is the same chest in the living room....and you can see the designs on the side of it, and on the front....and Cindy said the photo is of Caylee in the living room at that sliding door, then it's not accurate. That closeup photo he is showing the jury has the chest really tall, a lot taller than Caylee and the top left corner of the chest only about six inches away from the white light switch thingy.

If you look at the living room pic without Caylee in it, a few posts above, the one on the right, the chest is much lower, with the top left corner more like 2 feet away from the light switch.

...even if the chest was moved closer to the sliding door, and thereby closer to the light switch, that doesn't change the height of the chest....

It looks liketwo totally different piece of furnitures ut that's jmo. :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back