Check Fraud case information

At this rate none of us will have to worry about getting time off work as we'll all be retirees! :furious:

Room for one more in that corner?

Much as I wish I could see KC clink-clank to her seat at the defense table again I am not in the least surprised at this turn of events. Come on, savvy trial watchers..you knew this would pan out this way, didn't you? AND--here is the sad fact...My money is on the clear odds that there won't be a murder trial either! Seriously, Andrea L will get KC to understand and plead to it and the state will remove the death penalty. Miss Muffett will become the new Diane Downs, locked up forever, getting old and craggy-looking and forgotten. There might be a feeble book attempt here and there..("Defending the most hated woman in America, by Jose Baez" available at WalMart hardbound 7.99) and this huge WS board will move to the archives, joining Scott Peterson and Jon Benet Ramsey in "yesteryear". That will be that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but come on, you know my scenario is very very likely!
...with one exception...we'll long remember beautiful Caylee.

Casey Anthony: What’s happening next? Good question
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, Orlando Sentinel, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on January, 18 2010 5:33 PM
<snipped>
WFTV-Channel 9 reported that a status hearing in her murder trial had been delayed to Monday. That is the day her check-fraud trial is supposed to start.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...uestion.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium

:angel:

Could it have anything to do with the fact that Ms Lyons has a book signing scheduled at Barnes and Noble in Chicago the evening before. (Jan 20th 6pm) and a trial might be a tad inconvenient for her?

Could it have anything to do with the fact that Ms Lyons has a book signing scheduled at Barnes and Noble in Chicago the evening before. (Jan 20th 6pm) and a trial might be a tad inconvenient for her?

We discussed that, but I don't think so.........

Good Lord....with the media now beating each other up trying to be the first to file a report on what is supposed to be happening later in the week, based on "unnamed sources", I think we have just added another ring into this circus!

My head is dizzy.....:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Keep in mind, as of this evening, we don't even KNOW what is going to transpire...this appears to be all supposition....no statement from any attorney involved, no statement from OC courts....no cited source that the current schedule is even GOING to change...

In fact, how do we know this isn't just another "crazy game" like the Strickland letter...someone feeding erroneous information to the media on a holiday just see the reaction it will create? Could happen....

I know he has visited Marinade Dave's website. As seen here.

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/it-was-my-honor-your-pleasure/

I have thought about this a few times.......I want to make sure that posters know that WE don't know for sure what conversation took place between Dave and Judge S. We know what Dave posted......we know what has been said......but unless we were there.....we really don't know the true context of the conversation. SO I don't want people to assume the the Honorable Stan Strickland frequents websites on a normal basis. As there have been motions by the defense pointing out the media surrounding the case...and sites have been named....it is entirely possible that Judge Strickland happened upon the site when looking at the defense motion.

While I am sure any blogger would be proud of a comment by the Judge.....we can not assume the true and complete context that surrounds the "talk". I say this becasue there are people that would jump at the chance to have a reason to ask that the Judge recuse himself. I for one, having read the reviews of SS by his peers, am not concerned.....but I really wouldn't want us to contribute to any commentary that could fuel rumor and speculation.

I am not pointing you out Tulessa......just an overall feeling I have gotten and your post tonight made it fresh to me.

I know he has visited Marinade Dave's website. As seen here.

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/it-was-my-honor-your-pleasure/

Thanks so much for that link. I had no idea that ever happened. In addition to JS complimenting Dave and stating he visited his site, he also said that he goes on the Internet and reads about the case. Maybe he comes here! In that case, JS you da bomb! :blowkiss:

Sorry for the digression. I'm afraid we'll all just have to sit and twiddle our thumbs until tomorrow waiting for the actual news about the hearing and trial.

Would they just plea already? What a waste of FL taxpayers money, geez. I mean come on, KC was caught on camera committing her crimes. She wrote the check in her own name. She confessed she was stealing from Amy and her own parents. Her lawyers reimbursed the bank for the crimes she committed. It's freakin' outrageous!!

KC and her lawyers need to quit wasting everyones time and plead guilty. She will get time served anyway.

If the check fraud trial was drawing so close, how come none of the motions were addressed? The judge ruled that Amy has the right to get justice before the murder trial, so why does the defense get to drag their feet? Does it not fit in with their schedule?
They have had how long now to despose Amy?

It's a big waste of time and money.

Keep in mind, as of this evening, we don't even KNOW what is going to transpire...this appears to be all supposition....no statement from any attorney involved, no statement from OC courts....no cited source that the current schedule is even GOING to change...

In fact, how do we know this isn't just another "crazy game" like the Strickland letter...someone feeding erroneous information to the media on a holiday just see the reaction it will create? Could happen....

We should hold the media to the same standard as WS :dance:

WESH -- Link please?

WFTV -- Link please?

Orlando Sentinel -- Link please?

I have thought about this a few times.......I want to make sure that posters know that WE don't know for sure what conversation took place between Dave and Judge S. We know what Dave posted......we know what has been said......but unless we were there.....we really don't know the true context of the conversation. SO I don't want people to assume the the Honorable Stan Strickland frequents websites on a normal basis. As there have been motions by the defense pointing out the media surrounding the case...and sites have been named....it is entirely possible that Judge Strickland happened upon the site when looking at the defense motion.

While I am sure any blogger would be proud of a comment by the Judge.....we can not assume the true and complete context that surrounds the "talk". I say this becasue there are people that would jump at the chance to have a reason to ask that the Judge recuse himself. I for one, having read the reviews of SS by his peers, am not concerned.....but I really wouldn't want us to contribute to any commentary that could fuel rumor and speculation.

I am not pointing you out Tulessa......just an overall feeling I have gotten and your post tonight made it fresh to me.

Thank you for addressing this ... one can't believe everything one reads, especially statements that cannot be confirmed about what a Judge like Stan Strickland would say to someone about a murder trial, much less a high profile one that he presides over ... very uncharacteristic thing for this judge to do in front of cameras and microphones especially ...
If you can get past the fact that Strickland would talk to ANYONE with a blog that talks about the case, he would never say:

“I must say that you have the best Web site regarding this case. You investigate and you are very fair to everyone.”
“No, you are very good as a writer and you stick to facts. You are very fair and I’m impressed.”
:crosseyed:

Think about it ... for a judge, any judge, to say such a thing and endorse ANYONE'S opinions or investigation of the case I think would detrimental to the code of ethics they are sworn to and their ability to remain unbiased ....

Perhaps it was about marinade, or something he wasn't supposed to be doing in court, ... who knows, but I would bet my bottom dollar it wasn't what was reported ...

Ok, I will go back to lurking again ... ;)

Or we discussed it in the thread I started. Not sure where it went.:waitasec:

I was wondering where it went because this post actually belongs there but... Many of us took time off for the trials. What about Amy?

Maybe this has been discussed but I just can't wrap my head around the numbers. AH said around $700. The two Target receipts & the one BOA receipt don't total $700 do they? Is my math wrong or is there missing info, or maybe I am just the one missing info. TIA anyone who can shed light for me!

Time served and felony convictions... That's about it other than another year of this and hope we will all lose hope.

Forgive me, but I have a high fever and probably dilerious, but this trial was never going to happen and neither will the murder trial.....and this is JUST MY OPINION.......so so sad

Thanks so much for that link. I had no idea that ever happened. In addition to JS complimenting Dave and stating he visited his site, he also said that he goes on the Internet and reads about the case. Maybe he comes here! In that case, JS you da bomb! :blowkiss:

Sorry for the digression. I'm afraid we'll all just have to sit and twiddle our thumbs until tomorrow waiting for the actual news about the hearing and trial.

How long has Dave had his site, do you know autumnlover? When I read your comment I wondered if there was any chance the judge had read his column before this case came in front of him, and maybe JS was showing off his computer savvy just a teensy bit and being "with it" on the www.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back