Check Fraud case information

Considering the fact that the jurisdiction/change of venue motion has no order entered by the judge yet I am not the least bit suprised. I had actually been wondering how this hearing/trial COULD begin without that motion having been answered/ordered. This Casey business will take years and years to sort out, the obstinate and contrary Ms. Lyons will surely see to that...But the day will come when justice prevails...even for Casey Anthony.

Maybe this has been discussed but I just can't wrap my head around the numbers. AH said around $700. The two Target receipts & the one BOA receipt don't total $700 do they? Is my math wrong or is there missing info, or maybe I am just the one missing info. TIA anyone who can shed light for me!
Casey had also paid an AT&T phone bill by electronic transfer, but that was declined due to insufficient funds...I think is where the discrepancy comes into play. :waitasec:

Maybe this has been discussed but I just can't wrap my head around the numbers. AH said around $700. The two Target receipts & the one BOA receipt don't total $700 do they? Is my math wrong or is there missing info, or maybe I am just the one missing info. TIA anyone who can shed light for me!
Can't forget the $200 in Casey's wallet that Cindy lifted.

I have thought about this a few times.......I want to make sure that posters know that WE don't know for sure what conversation took place between Dave and Judge S. We know what Dave posted......we know what has been said......but unless we were there.....we really don't know the true context of the conversation. SO I don't want people to assume the the Honorable Stan Strickland frequents websites on a normal basis. As there have been motions by the defense pointing out the media surrounding the case...and sites have been named....it is entirely possible that Judge Strickland happened upon the site when looking at the defense motion.

While I am sure any blogger would be proud of a comment by the Judge.....we can not assume the true and complete context that surrounds the "talk". I say this becasue there are people that would jump at the chance to have a reason to ask that the Judge recuse himself. I for one, having read the reviews of SS by his peers, am not concerned.....but I really wouldn't want us to contribute to any commentary that could fuel rumor and speculation.

I am not pointing you out Tulessa......just an overall feeling I have gotten and your post tonight made it fresh to me.

This deserves more than a "Thank You." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Forgive me, but I have a high fever and probably dilerious, but this trial was never going to happen and neither will the murder trial.....and this is JUST MY OPINION.......so so sad

Don't feel too sad. I believe with every fiber of my being that JUSTICE will be served for darling Caylee.

Can't forget the $200 in Casey's wallet that Cindy lifted.

I think that was from the $250 check @ BOA earlier in the day. I found an answer to my question but I thought I might post this for others as well . . .

OK, here you go, from the Fraud documents:

7/08/08 Check #142 to Target in Orlando for $111.01
7/10/08 Check #143 to Target in Winter Garden FL for $137.77
7/10/08 Check #144 to Target in Orlando for $155.47
7/12/08 Check #145 to WinnDixie for $92.62
7/15/08 Check #146 to Casey Anthony for $250
Electronic Check presented for payment on 7/19/08 to AT&T in the amount of $574

(And remember, I don't remember which interview, but someone else here will, LH said that the cell phone records only went up until July 8, 2008, because her phone was cut off for non-payment in the amount of $574.)

All these checks were on AH's BOA (Bank of America) account, and OCSO LE were given the checks, the cashier's tape, the receipt for items purchased, video tape and photos.

Checks 143 and 144 had CaseyA's name and signature on them and a Florida DL was captured on the back of the checks, which belongs to CaseyA. Along with the checks, receipts, video tape and photos, sworn statements by the cashiers who conducted these transactions were also attached to the report.

Check 146 was made out to Casey Anthony and was cashed at the BOA.

:::shakes head is disbelief::: She is a piece of work. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Be good to one another,
Sundance

This was from the "what did she buy from Target and how did she do it thread".

Hello WS

Amy Huizenga interview with LE
7/23/2008

LE: Grandma?
AH: (skip) That her, you know more than likely the cash that had gone missing Casey definitely too. Uhm, because she, I pretty much told her about that and she's like, "No, honey that money's gone. You'll never see it again."

:whistle:

ETA: I'm just trying to be ironically funny about the situation. When I saw that the check fraud case might/might not be postponed(?)this part of AH statement to LE jumped into my head.

...jmo...

Hello WS

Amy Huizenga interview with LE
7/23/2008

LE: Grandma?
AH: (skip) That her, you know more than likely the cash that had gone missing Casey definitely too. Uhm, because she, I pretty much told her about that and she's like, "No, honey that money's gone. You'll never see it again."

:whistle:

ETA: I'm just trying to be ironically funny about the situation. When I saw that the check fraud case might/might not be postponed(?)this part of AH statement to LE jumped into my head.

...jmo...

I wonder if CA coughed up the $200 to pay JB to pay the court on KC's behalf. I further wonder (if CA was the one that actually ended up w/AH's $200) - why wasn't CA charged w/stealing from KC? Removing items from a crime scene? Tampering w/evidence? I do know this has been discussed previously - but why not follow the $. Wonder if AH is still out cash or if the BOA stepped up and just charged her $50 for each transaction or something. it's late and my mind is rambling . . . .

I know he has visited Marinade Dave's website. As seen here.

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/it-was-my-honor-your-pleasure/

Tiny snippet for reference:

When I mentioned I was going to do my best to go to the latest hearing, I was asked specifically that I not sit on the side of the defense.

This is quite interesting, especially the part where he says people told him NOT to sit on the defense side of the courtroom. Obviously the folks who said that aren't thinking clearly, and certainly not like a journalist. I'd WANT to sit on the defense side, that's where all the good groans, moans, and complaints should be. I'd love to sit right behind KC and her attorneys so I could hear what they are saying. How privileged I'd feel if I heard JB say, as he leaned over to KC, "Start looking like this is excruciating for you. Show me some tears!"! How about sitting in front of the Anthonys and hear Cindy's commands to George?

OMG, the defense side of the courtroom is THE place to be for a sleuth or a journalist or a nosy broad like me.

I have thought about this a few times.......I want to make sure that posters know that WE don't know for sure what conversation took place between Dave and Judge S. We know what Dave posted......we know what has been said......but unless we were there.....we really don't know the true context of the conversation. SO I don't want people to assume the the Honorable Stan Strickland frequents websites on a normal basis. As there have been motions by the defense pointing out the media surrounding the case...and sites have been named....it is entirely possible that Judge Strickland happened upon the site when looking at the defense motion.

While I am sure any blogger would be proud of a comment by the Judge.....we can not assume the true and complete context that surrounds the "talk". I say this becasue there are people that would jump at the chance to have a reason to ask that the Judge recuse himself. I for one, having read the reviews of SS by his peers, am not concerned.....but I really wouldn't want us to contribute to any commentary that could fuel rumor and speculation.

I am not pointing you out Tulessa......just an overall feeling I have gotten and your post tonight made it fresh to me.

Points all well taken. As you will notice on the video of the trial, Dave was called up. And yes, he could be embellishing his story, but IF JS did read there, that could be very embarrassing.

WFTV is saying the status hearing is only delayed until Monday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

"This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.
"

Tulessa I saw that as well...but how do we know that Dave didn't ask the baliff before court convened to see if JS would allow a brief moment afterward. That is my point. Yes, he was called up but we don't know that it wasn't based upon his own request. Dave is a blogger....great......but while he presents that he was called out for face time with the Judge, we don't know that it isn't ummmmmmm literary embellishment.

Notice Dave in the stripped shirt, balding ( sorry Dave) . At 23.14 in this video, he asks the bailiff, off the record to call Dave up.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21316541/index.html

I couldn't access that video just now for some reason but I do remember when he was called up that day. I remember thinking they should have left the video running with the microphone on. :innocent:

Finally got it to work. Yep! That's the one I remember. We can hear the judge call the bailiff/deputy and say "there's a guy in the second row....took picture....green striped shirt", etc. I remember waiting for the camera to follow him up but it remained on the doors and then on the empty courtroom. Man, they just don't realize we want to see EVERYTHING. sigh

WFTV is saying the status hearing is only delayed until Monday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

"This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.
"

That article was updated at:
Posted: 4:51 pm EST January 18, 2010
Updated: 5:03 pm EST January 18, 2010

As it stands as of 9:20 AM EST, the court calendar is still showing both court dates as scheduled.

Who wants to wager that OC Clerk of Court has been inundated with phone calls this morning??????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back