Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, 46, Crawfordville FL *merged threads*

Woman's body found in Apalachicola National Forest

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071215/BREAKINGNEWS/71215016

He described the woman’s race as white, but he couldn’t say what clothes she was wearing or whether there were any objects found near her body.

Investigators have notified the family of missing Wakulla woman Cheryl Hodges Dunlap about the body. But they don't know whether the body is Dunlap's.

oh no, it's probably her.. i was expecting this unfortunately.

I just looked at the ATM footage from Dec 3. I wonder what the heck would have happened if someone pulled up to use this ATM and saw that terrible-looking get up that this guy was wearing. That was SUPER creepy. I hope they will keep her acct active and try to get more pictures of this person.

On other forums I've heard some disturbing speculation regarding the condition of the unidentified body they found. I'm not going to comment on it until law enforcement confirms it or not. But as of Sunday night they still have not ID'd the body. What a tragedy no matter who it is.

I just looked at the ATM footage from Dec 3. I wonder what the heck would have happened if someone pulled up to use this ATM and saw that terrible-looking get up that this guy was wearing. That was SUPER creepy. I hope they will keep her acct active and try to get more pictures of this person.

Yes, LittleRNB, that surveillance video is very creepy. He went to great lengths to hide his identity. I still find it strange that he used the same ATM three days in a row. It makes me think he lives in the area and knew law enforcement was not on to him or hadn't been to the bank. Somehow he knew when it was safe to withdraw cash.

Yes, LittleRNB, that surveillance video is very creepy. He went to great lengths to hide his identity. I still find it strange that he used the same ATM three days in a row. It makes me think he lives in the area and knew law enforcement was not on to him or hadn't been to the bank. Somehow he knew when it was safe to withdraw cash.

Good point, cdt, about his brazen use of the ATMs. I'm not sure what you read about on other forums, but it doesn't sound good at all. When you think about the masterful way this guy managed the ATM transactions, it makes me think 2 things: 1. He is capable of very creepy, but "smart" actions. 2. He has done something like this before. (hence, he became good at it).

History would have been different if someone would have driven up to use that ATM. I sure would be alarmed if I drove up an witnessed a person looking like that man. From the pics I saw, it looked like a remote area. I don't remember reading if there was a description of the area where the ATM was located.

Hopefully there will be an announcement today from LE.

I researched a little more about where the ATM is located. Wow. I didn't realize he used an ATM on Tennessee St! The ATM card was used at 930 pm on two dates and then 730am on the final day. I guess he then figured that he was pushing his luck or, as cdt mentioned, he "knew" when he was going to be on the radar. What a huge coincidence or he figured that when the bank opened to hand over the footage on Monday am, he better stop.
I can't even look at the pictures of his face at the ATM. I read that he was described as wearing a mask, but his lips are so pronounced in the picture, it almost looks as if he has some kind of masking tape on his face.

Update: Officials say little about body found in forest

An autopsy has been done on a woman’s body found Saturday in the Apalachicola National Forest, but Leon County Sheriff’s investigators are saying little else.
“The process won’t be complete for a long time,” Maj. Mike Wood said Monday afternoon. The body was actually examined Sunday, he said.
“We are doing everything possible that can be done,” LCSO spokesman Rob Reisinger said. “This is a very tedious, time- intensive, labor-intensive process.”

Neither Wood nor Reisinger would elaborate on what’s next in the autopsy process.
Reisinger did say that investigators have not verified whether or not the body is that of Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, a 46-year-old Crawfordville woman who has been missing since Dec. 1. Her disappearance has been a major concern for close friends in Leon and Wakulla counties.

Dunlap worked as a nurse at Florida State University. Her white Toyota Camry was found two days later with a flat tire on the south shoulder of U.S. 319 in Leon County. Wood announced last week that investigators were searching for a man who used her ATM card on three consective days following her disappearance at a West Tennessee Street location.

“It is too early to determine who the person is and the cause of death,” Reisinger said. “We have more questions than we have answers.”

He also said that it was too early to determine how long the body had been there.
There was evidence that the body was decomposing, Wood said.

Hunters called 911 Saturday after discovering the body about 11 a.m. on a forest road near Bloxham Cutoff Road in southern Leon County.

Anyone with information on Saturday’s discovery or information on Dunlap is asked to call the Leon County Sheriff’s Office at 922-3300.

Very strange that LE hasn't said if the body is that of Dunlap. It begs the question, do they know yet? Or are they waiting on DNA, which can take weeks.

LCSO: Autopsy process lengthy
Investigators have not determined if the body found is missing woman:

An autopsy has been performed on the body of a woman found Saturday, but the Leon County Sheriff's Office isn't saying what was learned from the exam.
"The process won't be complete for a long time," Maj. Mike Wood said Monday afternoon. The body was examined Sunday, he said.

More at link:
http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/NEWS01/712180319/1010

www.tdo.com

They've identified a local missing woman's body near my house. No head, no hands. I saw the sign near the road I live on, and until yesterday didn't realize the sign was at the location that her car was found. Her torso was found in the woods I hike in.

The message boards on the website are lit up with rumor and speculation, everything from satanic worshipers to serial killers operating in the Georgia, Florida and Alabama area.

We are still missing Ali Gilmore from this area, 2 years ago - was pregnant. This new woman was living a bit further south, most likely unrelated, and had only been missing two weeks.

The last time my car broke down, it was on the opposite side of the road from this woman's car, but only a few hundred feet different from that where her's was found with a flat tire.

Holy crap that's scary! Be careful and keep an eye out!

www.tdo.com

They've identified a local missing woman's body near my house. No head, no hands. I saw the sign near the road I live on, and until yesterday didn't realize the sign was at the location that her car was found. Her torso was found in the woods I hike in.

The message boards on the website are lit up with rumor and speculation, everything from satanic worshipers to serial killers operating in the Georgia, Florida and Alabama area.

We are still missing Ali Gilmore from this area, 2 years ago - was pregnant. This new woman was living a bit further south, most likely unrelated, and had only been missing two weeks.

The last time my car broke down, it was on the opposite side of the road from this woman's car, but only a few hundred feet different from that where her's was found with a flat tire.

This is all speculation at this point. I'm not discounting it but I think we should wait for confirmation from law enforcement before saying the identity of the body has been confirmed. LE has not said yet whether this is Dunlap. I've heard all the rumors as well and I think its best to wait from LE about the condition of the body etc.

Missing woman update:

No new information was released Tuesday in the case of missing Crawfordville woman Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, An autopsy has been performed on the body of a woman found Saturday in the woods near Bloxham Cutoff Road, but the Leon County Sheriff's Office isn't discussing the results. Investigators have not determined if the body is that of Dunlap, who went missing Dec. 1. Anyone with information on Saturday's discovery or information on Dunlap is asked to call the Leon County Sheriff's Office at 922-3300, or Crime Stoppers at 574-TIPS (8477) or (888) 876-TIPS (8477).

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071219/NEWS01/712190359/1010/NEWS01

My daughter is not in school today (excused absence) but refuses to stay home, even with her brand new puppy, because she's afraid of a serial killer on the loose. I hope this gets wrapped up soon.

Prayers for her friends and family. Let's hope LE can catch the sick SOB.

Glitch, do you mean a different body has been found by your home than the one they just id'd as Cheryl's?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back