Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Kc be emotional? She already knew all this information.IMO She is the one who kept her head during all of this.IMO Someone had to be calm and explain to the police what happened.IMO Ca was in no condition to make any sense at that point. IMO The fact that Kc was not emotional may help her. IMO Many children lie to their parents because their parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO It is my opinion that Ca harbored these lies throughout the years and actually supported them. IMO This was always her easy way out. IMO Kc simply followed protocol and continued to lie to her parents to keep them happy. IMO Once Kc gave Ca the cold hard facts that Caylee was missing, Ca lost it, furthermore proving my point that the parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO Kc grew up in this vortex of circular lies and rules. IMO Kc was never allowed to tell the truth or be herself. IMO, it is no wonder she was looking to move out. IMO At that point on that phone call, Kc had to step out of the family unit and be calm and talk to the 911 operator in a calm manner. IMO This is nothing new in my opinion. Families live these lies all the time. Kc has a personal family counselor type of person that has interviewed her family members. IMO Kc was still a child living in that home (the home of the lies) (the only way to survive is to lie), she had never left home... IMO I am so glad that my parents supported my independence and let me be who I wanted to be and not some lie that they wished me to be. La was able to get out, being single and no children.IMO Lucky him. IMO Once Kc had a baby she was trapped in Ga and Ca life of lies. That is a route to her compelling reasons for her actions, but not motive for murder of her child. IMO This phone call may be crucial in proving to the jury that Kc was not living under ideal conditions. IMO The 64000 dollar question is, does Kc really know in her heart what is right and what is wrong? after growing up and living in this vaccum of lies. IMO So yes, I believe you are right, the gold is in Kc's voice on the phone call. IMO

I am not being snide here but it's hard to reconcile your statements in bold with your repeated insistence in other posts that CA was not making an excited utterance during this final call.

Furthermore, it sounds as if somehow a parent is at fault if they can't immediately and calmly 'handle the truth' that their beloved grandchild has been missing for 31 whole days and nights.

Thanks for the kind response :) IMO lol I have found that the IMO is the best way to move forward in these threads. And rightfully and respectfully so after each sentence. IMO I realize it butchers my text and takes away some of my ability to get the point across, but it is well worth it to move forward to get to the truth for Caylee. IMO

The problem I have is that Ca's tone and Kc's tone in the phone call do not in any way shape or form prove premeditated murder. IMO The state continues to come up with all these lies and demeaner, but not any real proof of premeditated murder. IMO It makes me wonder if they really do have a case here. IMO The states actions show me weakness in their case. IMO It is my opinion that the state is relying on one hair, a trace of butric acid, an unproven smell device, a questionable piece of tape and a whole sleugh of A family lies to prove premeditated murder. IMO I realize the case is highly circumstantial and based on Kc being a liar. IMO In this huge cloud of lies, the Jury will have to try to figure out what is true. IMO In the back of their minds they may wonder if the State really knows what has really happened here. IMO We have yet to hear the defense side of the story. IMO
In my life, when I hear only one side of the story, I realize that I only have a half truth. IMO a half truth is no better than a lie. IMO I must hold out for the defense side to get to the whole truth for Caylee. IMO
So what explains the lack of concern that we hear firsthand in the phone calls? There's no State here telling us that it means one thing or another...no Defense either for that matter...what explains her demeanor? She's a 22 year old young woman...who wouldn't crack under all that pressure? Not Miss C. No one's disguising her responses...they're all hers. IMO she's got ice running through her veins.

Sorry, I'd never wear a tee-shirt to court.....although, back at the beginning a lot of folks were wearing Justice for Caylee shirts.
It just looked tacky to me.

Amil, I am kidding, of course. The only fool that dresses in t shirt and flip flops for court is George Anthony. I would encourage you not to draw any attention to yourself, unless you want to be used as an example about the bloggers when the COV comes up again.

Just think of yourselves like reporters, you are there to get the story, not be the story. One Joy is enough. Good grief!!!

By the way thank you for the updates you give us on hearing days.

Why would Kc be emotional? She already knew all this information.IMO She is the one who kept her head during all of this.IMO Someone had to be calm and explain to the police what happened.IMO Ca was in no condition to make any sense at that point. IMO The fact that Kc was not emotional may help her. IMO Many children lie to their parents because their parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO It is my opinion that Ca harbored these lies throughout the years and actually supported them. IMO This was always her easy way out. IMO Kc simply followed protocol and continued to lie to her parents to keep them happy. IMO Once Kc gave Ca the cold hard facts that Caylee was missing, Ca lost it, furthermore proving my point that the parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO Kc grew up in this vortex of circular lies and rules. IMO Kc was never allowed to tell the truth or be herself. IMO, it is no wonder she was looking to move out. IMO At that point on that phone call, Kc had to step out of the family unit and be calm and talk to the 911 operator in a calm manner. IMO This is nothing new in my opinion. Families live these lies all the time. Kc has a personal family counselor type of person that has interviewed her family members. IMO Kc was still a child living in that home (the home of the lies) (the only way to survive is to lie), she had never left home... IMO I am so glad that my parents supported my independence and let me be who I wanted to be and not some lie that they wished me to be. La was able to get out, being single and no children.IMO Lucky him. IMO Once Kc had a baby she was trapped in Ga and Ca life of lies. That is a route to her compelling reasons for her actions, but not motive for murder of her child. IMO This phone call may be crucial in proving to the jury that Kc was not living under ideal conditions. IMO The 64000 dollar question is, does Kc really know in her heart what is right and what is wrong? after growing up and living in this vaccum of lies. IMO So yes, I believe you are right, the gold is in Kc's voice on the phone call. IMO

Lol! Well, NTS, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone here. That is the great thing about WS. We can share our opinions and compare them, debate them, discuss them. As to the quoted opinion above, you start it with "Why would KC be emotional?" Because she is reporting her "missing" toddler, that's why. My DD was in a bad car accident almost 2 years ago. Her and 6 friends in a roll-over accident due to the driver falling asleep. 3 of the friends were killed, 2 more had horrific, life altering physical damage as well as brain damage, 1 had numerous broken bones and cuts, and my DD had a few scrapes and bumps. You see, my DD was the ONLY one in the vehicle wearing her seatbelt. We do not know why the others weren't wearing theirs, but it made all of the difference in the world. I tell you that to tell you this. To this day, I cannot tell that story to anyone without choking up and tearing up, most often starting to cry while I recount the story to anyone.

Sociopaths have been quite the topic of conversation on TruTV lately and the folks who have studied sociopaths believe that a sociopath is born that way and not made by anyone to be like that. I'm inclined to agree.

I think that it can go both ways ~ born, and learned, or Casey's case, possibly by reaction to actions in the home.

In any event, it was recognized, as told by Cindy to a number of Casey's friends, and, as her parent, it was her responsibility to get her daughter help, at any age, esp given that Casey then had a child that would be at risk.

I find it hard it to believe that Casey just woke up one day, after having had Caylee, and was bonkers.
Cindy always worked, and, probably always had health insurance for Casey while she was a minor, that would have provided the help that was needed.

One thing that always has struck a raw nerve with me, was that Cindy did seek therapy sessions through her job.
They provided 3 free sessions, same as a job that I once had. It was provided to the employees as a pre-emptive, kind of "get it together" thing, and it cost nothing for those intiall sessions.
If more were required, then, it went to your insurance and you were then responsible for the payment or deductables.

Cindy never followed up after those first sessions that have been talked about.
I realize that money was tight, but I cannot cut her ANY slack in that department.
Being a parent, and being overly "insurance scared", we ALWAYS had policies, even at one time having 2 through both my job that was free, and my husbands, that we paid a huge premium for.
Thank God we did, because our eldest required brain surgery at the age of 18, and, truethfully, 15yrs later, I can't even give a monetary amount of what we paid out then, and what he has paid since, and still paying on.

Cindy HAD insurance.
Something should have been done, and it wasn't, and as a result, Caylee "paid for it".
And, that really, really p*ss*s me off to no end.
I had bills to and we lived paycheck to paycheck, and some bills went late, but, my main concern always was my childrens health and well-being.
{sorry for the rant}

I think it is like comparing apples to oranges.IMO Sp had strong motive. Kc is no Sp in any way shape or form. IMO I do not believe this Jury will be comparing the two at all. And yes you are correct that the State is not required by law to provide manner of death, but they may be required by the jury. IMO
NTS-respectfully...you thoroughly laid out the family dynamics...pretty well showed the hate relationship between her and her mother, but can't see Casey's motive? How better to hurt her mother than take away the one "thing" (sorry Caylee) that means the most to her.

ETA: It really wouldn't surprise me if Casey threatened Cindy with giving Caylee up for adoption on a regular basis. There's got to be good reason for the "spiteful b$tch" comment, IMO.

And risk getting charged with filing a false police report if it's NOT true??? :snooty::hand:Cindy wanted Casey arrested for Grand Theft Auto. Then it dawned on her that Caylee was still gone for 31 days and Casey wasn't allowing her to see/talk to her (we now know that wasn't possible, so Casey had to concoct a lie at that point- which turned out to be invisinannny, only she fingered ZF-G to the police). Cindy was definitely hysterical when she put two and two together and realized the car smelled like a dead body and... Caylee was nowhere to be found. This clearly was an excited utterance by the 3rd 911 call, not just a ruse to get the police there quicker!

I agree. I only called to report my purse and briefcase had been stolen from my car, and the police were on my doorstep within ten minutes flat. Linda Drane Burdick is very, very clear in her motion about why she wants the 911 entered into evidence, and it is specifically NOT to prove the truth of what mom says. Therefore, there is no reason to argue a moot point. She explained to the judge in open court that it appears the defense has a very poor understanding of her motion. LOL!! She even details blow by blow how the story evolved on the fly that evening.

"These fabrications demonstrate consciousness of guilt on the part of the defendant …" Read the document:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23858915/detail.html
www.orlandosentinel.com

Prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case filed a document Wednesday laying out arguments for letting jurors hear 911 calls made at the very start of the child murder case in July 2008.
But in Monday's nine-page filing, Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick argues that the 911 calls made by Cindy Anthony, the defendant's mother, should be heard. The prosecutor contends that the calls help show the progression of stories Casey Anthony told to explain the disappearance of her daughter Caylee Marie.

By the third call, Cindy Anthony is crying. "I found out my granddaughter has been taken," she tells the dispatcher. "She has been missing for a month. Her, her mother finally admitted that she's been missing."
Later in that call, she says, "There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

The calls show how "the defendant 'created' the kidnapping story after denying there was any problem locating Caylee Marie Anthony," Burdick states. "These fabrications demonstrate consciousness of guilt on the part of the defendant …"
We know that Cindy will not behave in Judge Perry's courtroom as she has in the civil depo, not for two seconds!!!

Even Cindy's own lawyer said the calls are absolutely coming in. Don't anyone worry, whichever Cindy shows up for the hearing , the ASA is going to get out of her what she needs. This is the judge who already heard all of the evidence about the car that was brought up in the grand jury, so he already has the ball half way down the court.

Lol! Well, NTS, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone here. That is the great thing about WS. We can share our opinions and compare them, debate them, discuss them. As to the quoted opinion above, you start it with "Why would KC be emotional?" Because she is reporting her "missing" toddler, that's why. My DD was in a bad car accident almost 2 years ago. Her and 6 friends in a roll-over accident due to the driver falling asleep. 3 of the friends were killed, 2 more had horrific, life altering physical damage as well as brain damage, 1 had numerous broken bones and cuts, and my DD had a few scrapes and bumps. You see, my DD was the ONLY one in the vehicle wearing her seatbelt. We do not know why the others weren't wearing theirs, but it made all of the difference in the world. I tell you that to tell you this. To this day, I cannot tell that story to anyone without choking up and tearing up, most often starting to cry while I recount the story to anyone.

You are SO RIGHT ~
One year after our son's brain surgery, in the middle of a blizzard, a friend was taking him to the hospital, and they had an accident.
I was at work, and the other boy called me on their cell phone and got our answering machine.
He thought he had hung up, and when I got home there was a "message", 20 minutes long, with sirens going, paramedics wanting to call in a helicopter, but couldn't because of the weather, etc, and all that caos = then it went dead when the kid realized he had not hung up the phone.

I was a mess calling the 911 trying to figure out where this accident was at, where our son had been taken, etc.
And, I still get sick to my stomach when I think of it, and just writing this.

I know how you feel.....I am so sorry that you and your daughter had to go through that.
Thankfully, our accident turned out okay ~

Sorry to go off topic, but, it's the lack of EMOTION, for Caylee that blares out loud and clear.

But, when it comes to Casey, she is right and ready and putting it on ~

It is a bit sad that I went to the store today and bought ingredients for a crock pot dinner on Thursday. lol

Hey at least your family will still get to eat! Do you know how many people's hubby's are told "you're on your own tonight", during hearings and doc dump days? :p

I bet sales in hungry man dinners have gone up 1000% since this case began :dance:

NTS-respectfully...you thoroughly laid out the family dynamics...pretty well showed the hate relationship between her and her mother, but can't see Casey's motive? How better to hurt her mother than take away the one "thing" (sorry Caylee) that means the most to her.

BBM

How better, indeed! As KC so eloquently put it in her first call home from jail, "They just want Caylee back! That's all they're worried about right now. . .is getting Caylee back!"

I just speak from experience in my own life. That may come from being on the lower end of the income scale not sure. In my experience, police respond quicker when they are under pressure of some sort. It needs to be urgent and not some stolen car that happens to be in their own garage. I think she also said my daughter was missing and I just found her. These are not emergencies and no pressure to respond quickly. Now if you say your granddaughter is missing and it smells like there's been a dead body in the car, that will raise an eyebrow and get a response. Most people who have experienced any use of the police understand this. It must be urgent to get a quick response. This is nothing new to Ca. She knew this. all my opinion

CA could have said many things to get LE to her home quickly. I know when I called LE to tell them someone was breaking into my business while I was working last one night they were there in less than 5 minutes. Not one, but three police cars pulled up to my business. I am not buying CA's excuse that she just wanted LE to come to her home quickly, so she just said whatever to get them there.

I am not being snide here but it's hard to reconcile your statements in bold with your repeated insistence in other posts that CA was not making an excited utterance during this final call.

Furthermore, it sounds as if somehow a parent is at fault if they can't immediately and calmly 'handle the truth' that their beloved grandchild has been missing for 31 whole days and nights.

I believe that she was not making an excited utterance about the smell (smell only), simply because it was old news.IMO The part about the not seeing the grandchild for a month, is certainly old news.IMO A month to be exact. IMO An excited utterance requires new news I believe. IMO I am not sure why Ca ended up in that condition of panic or anger (which is it?), but it was not a condition to get to the truth. IMO I understand that many believe it was the realization of what had happened, but am not sure that falls under the excited utterance law. IMO

Certainly the parent is not at fault, but of no help in a condition of panic or anger. IMO I once saw a lady downtown that lost her child and she was screaming in a panic at the police officer. He was asking her to please calm down so he could ask her some questions and find her child. She was of no help what so ever, so he just started looking around and found the child.

I am not sure what state of mind Ca was in. Was she upset because she realized that Caylee was missing, or was she upset that she had lost control over Kc. IMO Many would like to believe the former, but the earlier 911 call shows anger in my opinion.

I believe that she was not making an excited utterance about the smell (smell only), simply because it was old news.IMO The part about the not seeing the grandchild for a month, is certainly old news.IMO A month to be exact. IMO An excited utterance requires new news I believe. IMO I am not sure why Ca ended up in that condition of panic or anger (which is it?), but it was not a condition to get to the truth. IMO I understand that many believe it was the realization of what had happened, but am not sure that falls under the excited utterance law. IMO

Certainly the parent is not at fault, but of no help in a condition of panic or anger. IMO I once saw a lady downtown that lost her child and she was screaming in a panic at the police officer. He was asking her to please calm down so he could ask her some questions and find her child. She was of no help what so ever, so he just started looking around and found the child.

I am not sure what state of mind Ca was in. Was she upset because she realized that Caylee was missing, or was she upset that she had lost control over Kc. IMO Many would like to believe the former, but the earlier 911 call shows anger in my opinion.
Excited utterance aside...the State's attorney wants the tapes admitted to show how Casey was building her story. She went from no need to worry...Caylee is fine...to OMG (my words) my daughter's been missing for 30 days!

You are SO RIGHT ~
One year after our son's brain surgery, in the middle of a blizzard, a friend was taking him to the hospital, and they had an accident.
I was at work, and the other boy called me on their cell phone and got our answering machine.
He thought he had hung up, and when I got home there was a "message", 20 minutes long, with sirens going, paramedics wanting to call in a helicopter, but couldn't because of the weather, etc, and all that caos = then it went dead when the kid realized he had not hung up the phone.

I was a mess calling the 911 trying to figure out where this accident was at, where our son had been taken, etc.
And, I still get sick to my stomach when I think of it, and just writing this.

I know how you feel.....I am so sorry that you and your daughter had to go through that.
Thankfully, our accident turned out okay ~

Sorry to go off topic, but, it's the lack of EMOTION, for Caylee that blares out loud and clear.

But, when it comes to Casey, she is right and ready and putting it on ~

I know that had to be a gut wrenching experience. I am sorry you had to go through it. (((hugs))) But, to keep this on topic, and to tie the posts on emotion in with CA taking the stand on Thursday, I will be curious to see which emotions her questioning will invoke. Will we see the frightened, confused CA that was in front of us the first 48 hours after learning that Caylee was missing, or the back-peddling CA that we saw trying to re-write the events of that first 48 hours and spin it in a direction that did NOT lead to her daughter being a murderer? Or will we be treated to the angry, defiant CA that sat in the Morgan depos? (Oh, I hope it's the Morgan one! LOL! That would be fun! JK!) I hope someone on here will record it for playback, because I have to work that day.

CA could have said many things to get LE to her home quickly. I know when I called LE to tell them someone was breaking into my business while I was working last one night they were there in less than 5 minutes. Not one, but three police cars pulled up to my business. I am not buying CA's excuse that she just wanted LE to come to her home quickly, so she just said whatever to get them there.

Well how long had she waited since the first call?

NTS, the excited utterance is not the only reason Prosecutors are seeking to get the 911 calls admitted.

One major theme of the State's case is to demonstrate to the jury the progression of the defendants lies about the fate of her daughter. It is essential to demonstrating that progression to show those events that led to the evolution of the "Zenaida Gonzales story and the lengths to which the Defendant would go in maintaining her various initial versions

skip..

These fabrications demonstrate consciousness of guilt on the part of the defendant, guilt being the ultimate material issue

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23858915/detail.html

I'm not trying to be snarky, but it seems as though like the defense, you also don't fully understand the State's argument. If I am wrong about this thenm I apologize

Excited utterance aside...the State's attorney wants the tapes admitted to show how Casey was building her story. She went from no need to worry...Caylee is fine...to OMG (my words) my daughter's been missing for 30 days!

RR My friend! Beat me to it!

I know that had to be a gut wrenching experience. I am sorry you had to go through it. (((hugs))) But, to keep this on topic, and to tie the posts on emotion in with CA taking the stand on Thursday, I will be curious to see which emotions her questioning will invoke. Will we see the frightened, confused CA that was in front of us the first 48 hours after learning that Caylee was missing, or the back-peddling CA that we saw trying to re-write the events of that first 48 hours and spin it in a direction that did NOT lead to her daughter being a murderer? Or will we be treated to the angry, defiant CA that sat in the Morgan depos? (Oh, I hope it's the Morgan one! LOL! That would be fun! JK!) I hope someone on here will record it for playback, because I have to work that day.

Yeah, Cindy Anthony is capable of going off in any direction, and truethfully, I don't think that anyone would be surprised at how she reacts anymore.
She can be a loose canon, that's for sure.

I hoping for a "hot mess", just to see and hear Judge Perry put the brakes on her frieght train from Hell, and to see her stunned reaction and the gum flop out of her gapping her mouth when she realizes that she has been had.

And, then, to see Casey making her little "frush-strated face", George with his pouty, arching eyebrows, and Lee.......well, snicker.

I go to sleep and you guys hit the ground running.

It will be interesting to see what kind of demeanor CA comes to court with on Thursday...

Grieving Grandma
Irritated, annoyed mom
quiet subdued
research, relevance queen

Only 5 days 11 hours 36 mins to go :croc:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors