Cindy Anthony's Time Card

Hello everyone, I have not been here or posted here in a few years, but popped in tonight and just had to comment on this thread. I worked at Gentiva at the same time Cindy Anthony did, but not at the same location. I had never met her, but many of my coworkers/friends had not only met Cindy but met Casey and Caylee as well.

I was shocked out of my mind after hearing Cindy testify that she was the one who made those computer searches. I frantically began trying to reach someone, anyone, who could get some info to the prosecutors' office. I spoke to a few Gentiva employees (I'm no longer employed there) and everyone was saying the same thing...but no one was able to figure out what to do. Some liked Cindy and didn't want to "get her in trouble"...some didn't want to get involved...and some couldn't get hold of anyone. Me, I'm a bulldog, I wouldn't let go. I finally left a message on the "Casey Anthony" voicemail at the State Attorney's office, sent an email to Yuri Melich, and posted a lot on Facebook...until I finally heard that two Gentiva execs are slated to testify tomorrow!

I said over and over that my heart goes out to the Anthonys, I would NOT want to be in their shoes. But I feel that Cindy and Lee, and to a lesser extent, George, are all willing to lie in an effort to have Casey found not guilty and released. That whole "she's not innocent, we just don't want her to get the death penalty", no, I believe that was just BS.

Anyway, here is a copy of the letter I sent to Detective Melich:

Hi Det. Melich
I am reaching out to you because I am unable to contact anyone at the prosecutor's office and I was hoping maybe you could help.

I worked at Gentiva at the same time Cindy Anthony did; she worked in the Winter Park branch and I worked at a corporate office in (removed).

Regarding her testimony, there are several untruths she testified to, and I feel the need to make sure that the prosecutors have this information:

1) Cindy said she had to do computer searches at home since at work she had no access to the internet, that Gentiva had their own intranet. This is not true, all locations had access to internet (as well as Gentiva's intranet). We needed the internet to be able to look up the most recent medications, therapies and treatments, since Gentiva is a home health company. This info could be easily confirmed by Gentiva.

2) Cindy said that perhaps her supervisor had filled in her time card, since according to her time card she was at work during the computer searches. This is also not true. Timesheets were completed by employees ONLINE, not by paper and pen, and not by punching a time clock. Cindy stated correctly that we had lots of passwords and we were not allowed to give our password to anyone else, including our supervisors. The only one who could fill out Cindy's timecard was Cindy. And if she was leaving early for the day, or not coming to work that day, we all knew the salary schedule, when timesheets had to be completed by. If she was taking a Wednesday off, for instance, and payroll was due by that day, she would have gone into her computer on Tuesday and filled out her timesheet.

3) Cindy said she made her own schedule and came and went as she pleased. This is not true. Even though we were salaried, what that meant was that we could not claim overtime. PTO (paid time off) was given to us depending on length of employment, and was watched carefully. We were allowed to take time off but had to submit it as PTO.

4) It was inferred that since Cindy hasn't been to work at Gentiva since 2008, they probably didn't keep any old records. This is not true. It is a home health agency, and as nurses, our paperwork and computer work is considered legal documentation and is kept for an extended period of time, always with the thought in mind that someday that documentation might be needed in a court of law.

5) Last but not least, hello, Cindy is an RN. There is no way on earth she would ever have to do a google search on such laymen phrases like "head trauma" or "ruptured spleen" or any of those other ridiculous mispelled words.

I am hoping that you will be able to get this information to the prosecutors. My heart goes out to Cindy and George Anthony, but I believe they are lying in an effort to have Casey found not guilty and released. I just can't sit by and watch that train wreck.

Thanks for your time.
(name, address, phone number removed).

I have seen that identical letter on another website, posted by Murt.
ETA- I just deleted the link I provided, it was not an approved link..

Color me lost, who the heck is Murt?

One would think. Right now my manager is the only one with my password and since CA was the manager I don't think the others would have it other than her superior. But who knows, if she was playing games illegally by punching in or out for friends and they were doing the same for her, then IDK. It's possible but I highly doubt anyone there is such a tight friend that they are willing to come forward with that info. if true and risk losing their job. Personally I don't think that is true.

CA wasn't in charge of that facility, though. There is no way that the IT Administrator running that network didn't have access to all of their work product and mail -- this is usually a requirement for IT protocols, particularly when they are merged with or functioning under the Finance Admin. No matter where you work anymore, you should expect that an admin has access to all of your email and work product if necessary. You can password protect locally by user, but Network Administrators will have access to the data.

Cindy's amazing IT knowledge was laughable.

:cow:

i have seen that identical letter on another website, posted by murt.
Eta- i just deleted the link i provided, it was not an approved link..

and........................?

If CA is lying - It makes me think that JB will use this in closing. SEE her mom taught her to lie in great detail. :maddening:

Who the heck remembers a fricken POP-UP from so many years ago?? :banghead:

i'm not really sure, his facebook page says he's a widowed truck driver, i guess he's a "true crime junkie" like many of us are, but he's got some kind of streaming web thing, and he's got this website, on which he spends most of his time ranting about people who are out to get him or are cyber stalking him.

i think his major "enemy" is "princess" from that site that if i remember correctly, we're not allowed to mention here on WS.

it's been years since i've been active on any of these crime message boards, because i was cyber stalked by a maniac after the scott peterson trial. i totally understand that there are way too many nuts out there and the intenet can be a very dangerous place.

BBM

A bit off topic but how were you cyperstalked? What exactly is it?

BeagleMom

Cindy was an MCP (Manager of Clinical Practice) which is a low-level managerial position. She had at least 2 "bosses" just at her branch alone, then there is an Area Director, etc etc etc all the way up the ladder. None of us had anyone else's passwords, bosses or not. And there was no "punching", there was no time clock. Each employee logged online on their own computer and entered their own time online.

I "punch" online as well. We use ADP, when I come in, I enter my password, and punch. this registers online when I leave I "punch" as well. All online, there is no real punch clock. It's on my PC. I know that my manager has my password and IT can easily access it as well as my DSM. But that's my point, who in that bunch are going to fudge that? None of them, why would they? Unless I gave my password to a coworker and asked them to "punch" me in and out, then it would be only me "punching". No one in my office would do that for me, nor I for them, I can tell you that. None of us would even dare to ask. She lied, bottom line.

Bumping for relevance!:bump:

I would lie to keep my son from getting the death penalty. I think most parents would, and I can't blame Cindy for trying.

I think the whole "dog burial custom" testimony was an effort to say, 'yes, maybe Casey did bag the body of her baby, but she didn't put tape on her, she put it on the bag.'

I think she's guilty as hell (ICA), but the tape evidence seems a little weaker to me now. IIRC, Casey was furious when the testimony about putting tape over the mouth and nose was presented, saying (apparently) , 'that's not what happened.'

Her family probably know she's guilty and will be convicted, but they may think that's a good thing. If she were found not guilty, there would always be the possibility that she would have another child. Or that she would harm someone else's child.

I would lie to keep my son from getting the death penalty. I think most parents would, and I can't blame Cindy for trying.

<snip>

I think she's guilty as hell (ICA), but the tape evidence seems a little weaker to me now. IIRC, Casey was furious when the testimony about putting tape over the mouth and nose was presented, saying (apparently) , 'that's not what happened.'

Her family probably know she's guilty and will be convicted, but they may think that's a good thing. If she were found not guilty, there would always be the possibility that she would have another child. Or that she would harm someone else's child.
:hand::snooty: I wouldn't!

I think the whole "dog burial custom" testimony was an effort to say, 'yes, maybe Casey did bag the body of her baby, but she didn't put tape on her, she put it on the bag.'

BMM

As much as it would kill me inside, I couldn't lie under oath for my child. I would beg & plead during the penalty phase.

I hope neither of us ever have to make that decision. :peace:
I get worried about my 10-year-old at times, but fortunately she loves her dog way too much to ever harm her!

I think her whole testimony about the chloraphyl will come back to bite her. I may be wrong, but I think the SA can systematically disprove all she said. JMHO

She is not computer savvy, she should have known about PC forensics.
Cindy has lied and hindered LE many times.

Hope she is worried about perjury.:floorlaugh:

She is not computer savvy, she should have known about PC forensics.
Cindy has lied and hindered LE many times.

Hope she is worried about perjury.:floorlaugh:

I think she is scared. Probably why she went running out of the courtroom. Probably driving to her old job to make sure the stories jive

"Disability" payments would come from Social Security Disability Insurance, based on work credits earned from all jobs over her lifetime, so Gentiva would have nothing to do with the disability payments. It's worker's comp and unemployment benefits that are associated with one's employer/company.
If I were Cindy, I would be more concerned about HIPPA violations. By confirming (by signing her time sheet) that she was "on duty" as an RN suprvisor, when she was not actually there, she has also committed Medicare and Medicaide fraud and malpractice. Lots of liability issues....
:twocents:

Most companies offer long-term disability insurance as part of their benefit packages. This is completely separate from Social Security and usually pays if your disability prevents you from working in your present occupation.

BMM

As much as it would kill me inside, I couldn't lie under oath for my child. I would beg & plead during the penalty phase.

I wonder if those saying they would lie to free a child who murdered are really considering the ramifications of that act. Say the child is freed.

Do you really want that on your conscience ?

And what have you done for the child but help him or her to continue to live a lie? I have 3 kids.

I would not do it unless I totally believed in their innocence.

Btw IMO the only reason the A's abandoned ICA is because she attAcked the
. That was a huge mistake.

Lipmann just said on NG that CA stands by her statement that she searched chlorophyll which lead to chloroform, and I think (not positive) stands by alcohol and acetate (he mentioned a few other searches I think), but she may be mistaken about the date. I could have predicted that. He also said she was doing some banking that day. IMO.

BMM

I feel the same way , at least I hope I wouldn't .

Cindy's best shot would have been during the penalty phase,but who knows how the jury will perceive her after they discover she lied on the stand.
She's done everything backwards since day 32 ,IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back