Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP%20Report%20G%20Anthony...09-07780.pdf

"She (Cindy) stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."

Why would picking out jewelry for your dead grandaughter make you MORE depressed? Unless, by chance, she is only a bag of bones, and cannot adorn the item, and you feel guilty about it?

One would think that being able to participate in memorializing your "george"ous grandaughter with jewelry would help relieve the grief, not compound it. Just my opinion of how I would react to that request, if it were my grandaughter.

I hope that Cindy's request wasn't intentionally said to arouse guilt or shame in George, because if so, that is Low, Low, Low!

This is all kind of gross.
I hope this is all meant to be to place the jewelry with the remains. (such that they are)

To add to the above post, CA told police about the jewelry as an event that happened before George disappeared. It was also said in the report that GA was going to a job interview when he left Thursday morning.

Many years ago I dated someone whose father dug graves.

People have been buried with motorcycles and even cars.

Buying a beloved granddaughter something pretty as a LAST gift isn't weird. Caylee obviously loved necklaces and bracelets. The cost or reasons shouldn't have to be justified. It doesn't matter what you or I would do or have done.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that George and Cindy love Caylee and that if they want her buried with a "last" gift their intent is loving.

IMO

It must be the most horrible thing in the world to try to figure out what to bury with a much loved child that has died. I hope they can find some items that were very special to her to include, and it is my fond hope that her "mama" doll will also be laid to rest with her sweet little soul. Poor George and Cindy.

Oh no, I just remembered, "mama" is in evidence-she can't be included...maybe she had more than one doll that was special and another of those CAN be included...

I'm thinking most every toy Caylee loved is in evidence.
I'm imagining poor CA and GA wanting to just curl up with one of Caylee's favorite belongings and finding nothing meaningful left in that room. I'm under the impression that LE took quite a bit out of Caylee's room, close to stripping it, after her body was discovered.

A bit off topic...do you think the family will get those items back after the trial?

my grandfather passed away two years ago. in his casket we placed all kind of thing for him to have with him. his grandchildren (myself included) left him lottery tickets(because he played them everyday,a small Winnie the pooh (pooh bear because that was his nickname he gave me before i was born and continued to call me everyday) my cousins who were both pregnant left their ultrasound pictures, we made sure he had his house shoes and other things that he liked, pictures of great grand children , he went to his final resting place with a lot of items that meant something to him......
I hope with all hope that is what the a's meant with the jewelry for that sweet precious baby.. and

Im not buying this speal in the police report that George may have been upset or depressed about going to pick out jewelry...I think it had something to do with a family meeting that he didnt want to be a part of any longer. Although, yes, its common to put tokens in the casket, if thats their intention, but I heard a rumor that they wanted to cremeate her remains,.....in this case.....why Jewelry? Why not a bunch of her favorite toys, books or newborn items? What happened to the Cross Necklace Casey purchased at JCP back in June?

I can see them putting in items that have significant meaning, but its not like this will be an open casket where the visitation will show the jewelry as symbolic of their love. But whatever floats their boats.

I put baseball cards in my SIL's casket, her son put a Baseball Hat in there too. She wore no expensive jewelry, those items were given to her daughters to keep. But then again, this is an open casket for all to see.

Soooo, I dont buy this is the reason to make George go suicidal on them. This wasnt the "straw that broke the camels back". If you think about it, not much has this family done that would be considered proper etiquette in these circumstances. Im all for everyone grieves differently, I am well aware of it because I've been thru trauma in my life and suffered loss....but they seem to say & do things that make them look suspicious or "off" the norm. I'm sure any psychologist would agree. imo

THANK YOU Sundance!!! When I got home from work and was reading this thread I was angry that people were posting such negative comments. I had started typing a reply, but, finally just walked away from the computer. What you have posted is EXACTLY what I was posting. I believe Caylee loved to play dress up and her grandparents adored this about her, yes, I remembered the pics we saw of her playing dress up, like most 2 and a half year old girls. I honestly believe this was the "jewelry" Cindy was talking about.

These grandparents have acted out of fear and sadness. After watching Cindy & George in the interview just released, they are obviously very, very upset. It broke my heart to hear Cindy crying. I will just get off my soapbox, but, will say I am very, very glad that Tricia is putting the negative comments about this particular part of a sad story to rest.

Picking out some of the necklaces, bracelets and rings that Caylee especially loved...think about that little girl so smug and looking so very adorable. Of COURSE a loving grandparent might be comforted by the thought of Caylee being with pretty things she was crazy about.

I think it had something to do with a family meeting that he didnt want to be a part of any longer.
As far as picking out jewelry for Caylee causing George to be more depressed, I can totally understand that. He may be avoiding her room. And then all of a sudden he's sitting on her little bed going through her little jewelry box to find something special to bury his granddaughter with. Think about the grief that must have overwhelmed him and utter despondency at the mere thought of it.

Anyhow, I quoted the above portion of your post b/c I think it hints at an important topic: George and Cindy should get their own separate legal counsel. That doesn't mean they can't still comfort each other. It's just that George needs to sit with someone that is devoted to just him, his feelings and how he wants to weave his way through this labyrinth. He may have different ideas about things that he doesn't feel comfortable voicing to persons who represent or otherwise assist both he AND his wife. I hope he gets his own counsel and confidante. And while I don't mean to be gruesome, if after counseling he still wants to join Caylee then I wish him well in that journey and hope people will respect his wishes.

I think George was just the first one to break down...whatever happened to cause that breakdown, I don't think we'll ever know the full details.

(Poor George) In my opinion, with this latest info release, all of the details of what really happened to little Caylee finally clicked into place for him and the picture was too horrifying to look at. Could you imagine the cold, bare-faced truth staring you in the face after being spoon fed lies daily and told you'd better swallow because that is what WE believe? He may have known the truth all along...he probably did know...but that doesn't mean he had the strength to accept it. Who knows if any of us would have. Facing that specter has to be overwhelming for him emotionally.

Cindy hasn't hit the skids yet...but it's not far off...I hope they're watching her as well. Her fall will be much harder, I think, and I pray there are people there to help her get the help she needs.

It is so tragic that one person has ruined the lives of so many with her narcissism and evilness.

About the jewelry:

Whatever momentos or tokens they think they need to gather to get this baby buried in peace, dignity and respect, that's what they should do and with all haste. If it brings the family one iota of peace to know she's buried with her little trinkets, then that is what they should do.

Sorry to be so long-winded.

JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.

I can't comment here on the subject matter except to say that I think that this is a nasty rumour or information that has been taken out of context.

IMO - Not worthy of a thread until confirmed.

PP, there is a link in the OP with the police report; Cindy asking George about choosing jewelry for the funeral is mentioned.

We know the words were said, but we don't know the sentiment behind them. Obviously jewelry could not be worn in the traditional sense...but i'm thinking it is the sentiment of jewelry being placed with her that is important. Their little princess Caylee seemed to love playing dress up, she probably loved jewelry. Perhaps a favorite set of beads, or cross, as you suggested.
Maybe it was George himself who wanted to put jewelry in the casket. Perhaps something that belonged to him, a piece of his own jewelry, with Caylee? Cindy may have encouraged him to do that , thinking it might ease his pain and bring him a bit of peace to do something special just from him for Caylee.
These are just guesses, the maybes are endless. We just don't know.

I think George was just the first one to break down...whatever happened to cause that breakdown, I don't think we'll ever know the full details.

(Poor George) In my opinion, with this latest info release, all of the details of what really happened to little Caylee finally clicked into place for him and the picture was too horrifying to look at. Could you imagine the cold, bare-faced truth staring you in the face after being spoon fed lies daily and told you'd better swallow because that is what WE believe? He may have known the truth all along...he probably did know...but that doesn't mean he had the strength to accept it. Who knows if any of us would have. Facing that specter has to be overwhelming for him emotionally.

Cindy hasn't hit the skids yet...but it's not far off...I hope they're watching her as well. Her fall will be much harder, I think, and I pray there are people there to help her get the help she needs.

It is so tragic that one person has ruined the lives of so many with her narcissism and evilness.

About the jewelry:

Whatever momentos or tokens they think they need to gather to get this baby buried in peace, dignity and respect, that's what they should do and with all haste. If it brings the family one iota of peace to know she's buried with her little trinkets, then that is what they should do.

Sorry to be so long-winded.

Great post, beckaroozie. I completely agree with you.

I agree with the token of love part. But, shouldn't that token be something that the deceased person loved/treasured? Is it really
necessary to go to a jewelry store? Even if it was a heart or cross wouldn't it have more meaning if it was either hers or a family members?

When my father passed, we put things that were personal to him/us in with him. It never occurred to me to go out and buy him a new watch or ring etc. I've never heard of it, but maybe some people do it.

I can understand a cross. I don't think for one minute Cindy made up this story.
I know when I had to go order flowers for my mother in law. I broke down in the flower shop. this is a very hard time for George and Cindy. Maybe Cindy thought George could handle better than her. I really think if she wanted jewerly for Caylee. Cindy and George
should went together.

Maybe I've missed something, I did not read or hear about going to a jewelry store.

From the missing person report:
Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia believes this may have made him even more depressed.

http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP Report G Anthony...09-07780.pdf

Where does it say Cindy asked him to go to a jewelry store?

Maybe I've missed something, I did not read or hear about going to a jewelry store.

From the missing person report:
Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia believes this may have made him even more depressed.

http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP Report G Anthony...09-07780.pdf

Where does it say Cindy asked him to go to a jewelry store?

This is something I too wondered about. Was the choice of jewelry to come from a new purchase? Or was George to pick out something from home of Caylee's jewelry?
It would make a difference if he were to go through some of her things. Having her toys, especially her beloved playhouse, would be hard for either of them to look at. After all, these are things from Caylee's world. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back