Cindy Says "George In Shock" on Today Show 11/26/08

THank you guys for the update on the interview I could not force myself to watch it. I could not even watch her FBI interviews after I watched GA's, I decided not to waste my time.

Well, the Gainesville Police managed to thoroughly investigate the sighting without waiting for permission from OCSO - so Cindy contradicted herself in her own press conference. I would also like to hear from someone 'in the know' about the needing permission from OCSO before investigating a tip.

You know what they need? THey need a sit down interview where it would look bad if CA left, led by a real in your face reporter. I think someone actually getting in her face and screamiing at her just might break her at this point...or they could just arrest her already. THat would work too.

I don't know about NOT following up on a tip or lead, but Cindy DID say all LE had to do was fax PERMISSION for the tip to be followed up by the other police department where the sighting took place. She further stated they REFUSED to do that.

I'm definitely no fan of the Anthony's, BUT there is no reason I can think of why LE wouldn't fax permission for someone else to do the investigating. Seems the least they can do.

Because their "permission" isn't necessary.

Well, the Gainesville Police managed to thoroughly investigate the sighting without waiting for permission from OCSO - so Cindy contradicted herself in her own press conference. I would also like to hear from someone 'in the know' about the needing permission from OCSO before investigating a tip.

I am not in the know, exactly, but that doesn't sound right to me. As far as I know, the investigating agency that caught the missing case can either investigate it or they can hand it over to the agency that has jurisdiction over the area where the sighting occurred.
But, the agency that catches the sighting has the right to investigate it all they want without waiting for approval from the main agency.
Thus the reason that when they run pics of missing persons they tell you "If you see so and so, call 911 or (insert investigating agency) immediately."
More Cindy-spin. Seems like she is running out of verifiable spins though. Grasping at straws now.

Good point, never thought about that!!

I don't know about NOT following up on a tip or lead, but Cindy DID say all LE had to do was fax PERMISSION for the tip to be followed up by the other police department where the sighting took place. She further stated they REFUSED to do that.

I'm definitely no fan of the Anthony's, BUT there is no reason I can think of why LE wouldn't fax permission for someone else to do the investigating. Seems the least they can do.

ANOTHER LIE
..............NO "permission" has to be given or faxed for other LE to follow up on a sighting. The one in Gainesville, Ga was followed up on and reported within hours and she still has not shut up about that one being a good sighting.

The woman is not crazy, not grieving, but an evil being who taught her daughter well.

I would like to thank the WSers that sent letters to the Today show in order for them to ask some hard hitting questions for a change!! You got Meredith to finally ask something of Cindy worthwhile instead of playing into the charade. Bravo!! If looks could kill...Meredith would be a goner.

Cindy stammering through the end of the piece was well worth waking up for today. Obviously, she wasn't expecting it and did have a difficult time coming up with an on the spot answer.

Kudos to the Today Show even if it means they won't get another interview out of the A fam. Maybe coming from Meredith, it will slow the train down...but don't count on it. They are running out of shows to appear on that are not willing to call them on their BS.

I have never known one LE agency who has the lead of a case in one county to be required to fax a letter or send an OK to investigate a possible crime. I think what happens is when an outside agency is going out to respond to the sighting tip, they are requesting information from OCSO and are informed the child is deceased plus the mother in jail charged with the murder. Any agency would take the word of LE over the tipster.

I have never known one LE agency who has the lead of a case in one county to be required to fax a letter or send an OK to investigate a possible crime. I think what happens is when an outside agency is going out to respond to the sighting tip, they are requesting information from OCSO and are informed the child is deceased plus the mother in jail charged with the murder. Any agency would take the word of LE over the tipster.

Great answer, SeriouslySearching. Even the FBI (which has juridiction in a kidnapping) would give the same answer. If the Anthonys want tips followed up on, their private investigators, their own legwork , volunteers and a website are the best route for them, IMO

Well, I have to say that CA certainly did not look like she was dying. Seems she can get "perky" enough for these interviews.

AGAIN with every single media appearance Cindy has yet to plead for Caylee's return. She has never asked for any communication from the supposed kidnappers to let them know Caylee is okay. She has never stated the family will give them anything for Caylee's return. I find that strange.

Now this email about withholding the hairbrush... WTH is going on? With what we know so far about KC's history, the smell in the car, KC's refusal to talk, Cindy saying she NEVER asked KC what actually happened, the hairbrush - how can anyone think the family doesn't know more than they are saying? These people are horrible and I hope CA ends up in jail for obstruction.

My, my, my....she's SO defensive. People being caught in lies get defensive, too. Coincidence? I think not.

Why do these shows keep letting her be on there? I do not watch anything with her on it.

I would like to thank the WSers that sent letters to the Today show in order for them to ask some hard hitting questions for a change!! You got Meredith to finally ask something of Cindy worthwhile instead of playing into the charade. Bravo!! If looks could kill...Meredith would be a goner.

Cindy stammering through the end of the piece was well worth waking up for today. Obviously, she wasn't expecting it and did have a difficult time coming up with an on the spot answer.

Kudos to the Today Show even if it means they won't get another interview out of the A fam. Maybe coming from Meredith, it will slow the train down...but don't count on it. They are running out of shows to appear on that are not willing to call them on their BS.

Ditto, thanks you guys! Hehehe, I was cracking up at that rambling end and then cut off. Meredith rules the day!

Apparently I turned it off too fast. She was yammering on about OCSO refusing to fax blah blah blah and I got so ticked I screamed SHUT UP and turned her off. LOL Now I have to watch the end online. I just couldn't stomach much more crap.

Kudos to MV for FINALLY hitting CA with tough questions! Essentially what CA would like us all to believe is that because GA was in shock from Caylee missing, Casey in jail that he really didn't know what he was saying to FBI. He really didn't know what he was smelling on that awful day??? Come on Cindy!!!

CA looked like she had a big old lump in her throat.............

I'm trying to recall with all these accusations regarding leads that Cindy makes against LE, if she's ever given a name instead of just saying "the sheriff's office said", "somebody at OCSO said", "the Gainesville police said", etc.

I can't imagine myself going on TV making accusations *without* having date, time, name, job position. I'd also have it in writing, notarized, and hand a copy to the reporter on camera. But then, I'm just not very eager to make a fool of myself on the news.

Yeah, but that would assume Cindy has any clue what she's talking about, and that's usually not the case. She never made much sense and it's gotten worse to the point of absurdity. If there's any truth to her accusations, it may have to do with various localities' budgets. If you are the police, say, in Sugarland, TX and some woman in Orlando wants you to spend a lot of time chasing wild geese vis a vie an Orlando police investigation, might not Sugarland ask Orlando for reimbursement for efforts on their behalf? Maybe that's what's going on. Perhaps these other jurisdictions are asking to be repaid and Orlando isn't willing to commit tax dollars any longer since they've now got a murder case rather than a missing person's one.

:furious:LIE LIE LIE, Spin, Spin , Spin is it too early to start drinking I need a stiff one after that.:crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back