Clint Dunn traveling to "I'm Not Buying It rally" on 2/27

Exactly. And as much as I dislike Cindy, I will say that at least she is trying to protect a daughter, as opposed to covering for a boyfriend of 3 years.

CA isn't protecting Casey, she's covering for a daughter she let be out of control for years, and if she's protecting anything, it's her perfect family reputation. She's also tampered with evidence and tried to get to Caylee's body first. I sure hope BD isn't going to take those pages out of Cindy's playbook anytime soon, or if she already has, she better hope LE doesn't find out about it.

As for the rally, it's weird for them to go. This case is SO not about child sex trafficking. I kind of wonder if BD would rather it be about sex trafficking than Shawn. How scary is that?

Snipped from the Traffic 911 web site:

http://www.traffick911.com/page/what-is-human-trafficking

One little girl finally told her captor just to kill her - she couldn’t do it anymore. The pimp refused, telling her he makes too much money off her. If she wouldn’t do what he told her to, he would kidnap her 8-year-old little sister and pour battery acid over her face while she watched. The little girl complied, living in a dog cage when she wasn’t being sold to man after man.

Billie had better steel herself - some of the presentations @ the upcoming rally are going to be "ugly" & downright disturbing.

Child trafficking is UGLY.
snipped by me.
wanna see ugly? look at who one of the speakers is...
Former international pimp, Isaiah Reed, who not only was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital after a drug deal gone bad, but had an autopsy started on him. By video.

I really wish someone from the local media will start asking questions about this rally/event. Why? Why this event? BD hasn't left town to distribute fliers anywhere, but she plans on starting here?

From Traffick911 facebook site:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Traffick911/184480058955
The parents of 13-year-old missing Hailey Dunn will speak at the I'm Not Buying It Rally this Sunday. Many missing and abducted children are victims of domestic minor sex trafficking. After the rally, we will hold a candlelight vigil for her. If you've ever looked into the eyes of the parents of a missing child, you will want to support this family if you're able to be there.

MK brought up the whole snatch and grab scenario as a segway into talking about his proposal for an alert system for truckers. I, for one, do not think for one minute that MK believes this is a random stranger abduction with HD being sold into human sex traffiking.

I am stunned that CD would consent to attending such an event. I believe that as a parent I would have to be left with no options to even consider a possibility my child/grandchild being sold into sex slavery. Poor Clint.
Not at all surprised that BD has no objection and could embrace the idea that her beautiful daughter was abducted and sold into sex traffiking.
This to me is the worst of the worst torturous concept I would choose to associate with my missing child.

MK brought up the whole snatch and grab scenario as a segway into talking about his proposal for an alert system for truckers. I, for one, do not think for one minute that MK believes this is a random stranger abduction with HD being sold into human sex traffiking.

With all the carp we have seen with BD & SA, the guilty arrow very much seems to be pointed in the right direction. It's just BD's unrelentless defense of SA that wants to get in the way. IMO, every avenue needs to be checked out and HD could have been snatched by an outsider...friend, dealer, etc of the family...including SA for that matter..and trafficked. Big money to be had by the pimp...most demanding a quota of $500 a day...and we're not talking "Pretty Woman" tricks. If SA wanted to get rid of "a problem" I'd imagine there are plenty willing and able to take it off his hands. Wonder if the "horror" forums were the only one's he visited? KWIM? Could even be the reason they didn't have internet at the house. BD is a helper/care taker......she could help/make him quit, if he was into this genre....right??? Not.

I wish we had a response from LE on their thoughts of Hailey's parents choosing a sex trafficking rally/event as the first place they are going as a "united" front.

This is normally for professional groups...yet BD & CD are going to attend. ?? They must be a guest of MK's...but, I could see them attending if HD had already been found and a victim of this,,,,but why now? Curious and curiouser......ETA: It's a rally vs training seminar.

ETA: Maybe it's MK's way of getting them out of their comfort zone. ;)

Traffick911 Trainings

Traffick911 trainings are customized for specific groups and contain information focused on the needs of that group. You are welcome to attend a training if you are in that profession, but are closed to the general public. We will schedule a training for your group.
Frontline responder training is for people who come across these children in their day-to-day jobs. This includes law enforcement, CPS, teachers and school counselors, attorneys, family court personnel and social workers

Amber DuBois' mom talked about believing that Amber had been kidnapped for this purpose for a long time...it was the only way she could see Amber might be alive after months and months. So maybe Billie got the idea from her? Wasn't Amber's mom's group there this weekend?

I don't think it applies to Hailey AT ALL. Poor Hailey was a victim of her family life, in one way or another, in my opinion.

Exactly. And as much as I dislike Cindy, I will say that at least she is trying to protect a daughter, as opposed to covering for a boyfriend of 3 years.

Never thought I would see the day when speaking of two women and the way they present themselves in the media and CA comes out the better of the two.:thud:

Never thought I would see the day when speaking of two women and the way they present themselves in the media and CA comes out the better of the two.:thud:

We fell down the rabbit hole for sure this time Alice. :snooty:

From Traffick911 facebook site:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Traffick911/184480058955
The parents of 13-year-old missing Hailey Dunn will speak at the I'm Not Buying It Rally this Sunday. Many missing and abducted children are victims of domestic minor sex trafficking. After the rally, we will hold a candlelight vigil for her. If you've ever looked into the eyes of the parents of a missing child, you will want to support this family if you're able to be there.

bbm~

I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh at the fact that the first event in which Billie will be stepping out of her relative seclusion is called "The I'm Not Buying It Rally" How ironic and appropriate is that?..:floorlaugh:..No matter what one thinks about this...it should prove interesting! I'm for anything that forces Billie out of her comfort zone..Sounds mean I know and I don't care. :crazy:.. Hailey needs to come home and anything that can shake things up a bit can't be a bad thing for this case IMO...I am curious as to if she will actually go ..and if she does, whether she brings awesome Shawn :rolleyes: along for the ride or not...

So are they going to have accommodations provided for the night, does anyone know? Just can't imagine her leaving Shawn behind, if so.. Wonder what M Klass thinks about BD's continued support of SA? Wonder what SA is thinking if for some reason he can't be brought along? Yes, should prove quite interesting at the very least...keep BD talking is all I can say..

CA isn't protecting Casey, she's covering for a daughter she let be out of control for years, and if she's protecting anything, it's her perfect family reputation. She's also tampered with evidence and tried to get to Caylee's body first. I sure hope BD isn't going to take those pages out of Cindy's playbook anytime soon, or if she already has, she better hope LE doesn't find out about it.

I totally agree with you. It was actually hard to type those words. I was just trying to make the comparison between someone putting their random boyfriend over their daughter, to CA, who is putting her psycho daughter over her innocent granddaughter.

As for the rally, it's weird for them to go. This case is SO not about child sex trafficking. I kind of wonder if BD would rather it be about sex trafficking than Shawn. How scary is that?

Her 'speech' is going to make me sick. I can hear her already. She is going to 'unite' with other' victims of child traffickers.' She is going to say how she never knew before the hidden dangers of these kidnappers, trolling small towns for children like Hailey. And if she had only known, she would never have let her walk to her Dad's that night. But NOW that she knows, she is going to devote her life to traveling the speaker circuit in honor of other kidnapped children like her daughter. I feel nauseous already.

LOL, I don't know that I can say that since I've been re-listening/watching some early Anthony audio/video lately. I'd have to say that they rival each other for sure!..:floorlaugh:..I think Cindy at least can convince herself that what she says and does is the *way it is*..Billie, on the other hand..well, she doesn't even sound like she believes what she says..so why should anyone else?! Maybe you're right Truth..CA just may come out ahead between the 2! Boy, that's pretty SAD, isn't it?....

I just have a bad feeling that Billie is using this rally to take away attention from SA and for no other reason.

Before I opened this threat I thought the title meant that people were having a rally against Hailey's parents saying they weren't buying it. Seriously.

Hailey is mentioned on this page so this must be the rally the Dunn's are attending.
http://www.traffick911.com/page/events
on the very bottom there is a heading for missing child search. Hailey's search from this weekend is the only search listed.

klasskids is also a campaign partner
http://www.traffick911.com/page/campaign-partners

This is shocking!

I can't believe they would allow the parent of a missing child to make any sort of speech if what actually happened to the child is unknown and the main suspect in her disappearance is living with her mother, the same woman who plans to speak!!! :eek: Is Marc Klaas behind this?

Reminds me of when George and Cindy Anthony were planning to speak at another missing children's function. Oy vey!

I'm kind of on the fence here... I want to hear what they have to say, first. (yes, "they"... the article says both parents are going) If they go there and use the gathering as a means of furthering coverage and attention on her, then I understand... but if they go there on a mission of blaming sex trafficking on her disappearance, then yeah, that is pretty screwed up given the circumstances and LE pointing fingers at Shawn.

I can't see Clint agreeing to take part in a speech that would take the heat off of Shawn...

It really is weird that the parent of a missing girl would go to a sex trafficking seminar when there's no proof of that happening to Haylie or there wouldn't be a POI. It tells me one thing though.... there's absolutely no proof that Haylie ran away on her own and no proof of anyone the family knew taking her except for one possibility, the poi.

I'm kind of on the fence here... I want to hear what they have to say, first. (yes, "they"... the article says both parents are going) If they go there and use the gathering as a means of furthering coverage and attention on her, then I understand... but if they go there on a mission of blaming sex trafficking on her disappearance, then yeah, that is pretty screwed up given the circumstances and LE pointing fingers at Shawn.

I can't see Clint agreeing to take part in a speech that would take the heat off of Shawn...

I can see good reasons for Clint to attend. It is a seminar full of professional and volunteer searchers and he would get some valid help searching for Hailey.

Billie is only doing it for PR purposes imo. She needs to put on a 'united front' with Clint, and let some of his positive reputation with the community rub off on her. And most important, she hopes to make the public 'aware ' of Hailey, the victim of human traffickers.

Before I opened this threat I thought the title meant that people were having a rally against Hailey's parents saying they weren't buying it. Seriously.

My first reaction was what a snarky title, that thread won't last long. I was shocked to find that the title of the thread was the name of the actual rally!

I do find it highly amusing and ironic that BD is attending a rally named "I'm Not Buying It." Do we have an irony thread on this forum yet?

I feel the need to make a clarification. This is not an educational seminar the Dunn's are attending. It is a rally. There will be speakers, food vendors and musical performers. and not to belittle sex trafficking awareness.....but there will also be a bouncy house for the kids.
http://www.traffick911.com/page/rally

if you look at the lineup at the link, you will see that there is NO information being shared on searching for missing children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back