closing argument poll: how did the prosecution do?

Your review of the prosecution closing:

• Great!! (like five stars great!)

Votes: 389 78.0%
  • pretty great! (it was great but I would have added some stuff)

Votes: 83 16.6%
  • It was good.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • It was not so good.

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I appreciate your response! I also have great disdain for people who continually state it's not their fault.

The point of my post is that there may be a juror that doesn't quite listen to what he's saying and just get's that in their head...It's not her fault.

I gotcha. I sure hope not!

I loved the way he called the murderer out on her 'tears' meaning nothing when it comes to her guilt.:slap::tears:

Tears, by the way, that really never seem to show. She covers her face and slumps and wipes her dry eyes with a clean-ex. Crocodile Tears!

Juan is owning this s***.

That's pretty much all I got.

gives Juan a standing ovation while clapping! that has got to be one of the most outstanding closing arguments i've ever seen!

I'd have to nitpick to find something he could've done better. 5 stars.
I hope he ends it the same way tomorrow.

Just have to say this...

The O.J. thing was 'blown' over the glove...which is ridiculous...any golfers before the era of 'synthetic' gloves, know they were shrunk and shriveled to the size of a wadded up Kleenex, but eventually you could still wiggle your hand in there...:rockon:..the addition of a latex glove, and the fact his hand still arguably 'fit', makes it all the more ridiculous (often wish the prosecution had done a leather 'golf glove' demo)

The Casey thing was perhaps blown over the precision of the 'theory'....chlorofrom vs. suffocation, and parents that lied...

This case will not be 'blown'...

Otherwise, we should all head back to vigilante justice...

Have total faith in the jurors...

He's doing great bringing the entire story together, putting everything in perspective. But I don't think we've seen the best yet....he will nail her in the final closing argument.

Just have to say this...

The O.J. thing was 'blown' over the glove...which is ridiculous...any golfers before the era of 'synthetic' gloves, know they were shrunk and shriveled to the size of a wadded up Kleenex, but eventually you could still wiggle your hand in there...:rockon:..the addition of a latex glove, and the fact his hand still arguably 'fit', makes it all the more ridiculous (often wish the prosecution had done a leather 'golf glove' demo)

The Casey thing was perhaps blown over the precision of the 'theory'....chlorofrom vs. suffocation, and parents that lied...

This case will not be 'blown'...

Otherwise, we should all head back to vigilante justice...

Have total faith in the jurors...

It totally did still fit! But I think that mistake heard 'round the world was a great learning tool for future lawyers.

Anyway great day. There's some things I'd wish he'd gone further into, like her finger and how the fight couldn't have happened because Travis loaned HER money. But maybe he will drive that stuff home a little more in his rebuttal and is just waiting for the defense to bring it up first. So we'll see what happens.

I think JM did a wonderful job of tying it all together for the jury, very powerful.

I doubt JW can stay quiet for the rest of the trial, so I'm willing to wager Nurmi does the first half and JW does the last.

I disagree with the theory that he should have done a linear presentation. In my experience, long linear Opening Statements bore people to death. And the jury zones out until you get to the time of the crime. I think bouncing around is more effective. JMO

A++++ already, and he's not even done! Yes, the CD thing really was a "wow" moment for me, too.

Me too! I actually didn't put that little but oh so important evidence together. I have never doubted JM's passion to get justice for Travis, but man oh man, he sealed it for me. Now the jurors will think about it tonight. Having
been on a DP qualified jury, at night that is almost all you think about during the closing. AND.......JM will get the last word. Just like he did last night with his final witness.:rockon:

Juan spoke so eloquently on behalf of Travis & his family....
Unlike what the jury is used to, he used an ever so soft voice....
almost magical in drawing the jury's full attention....
Bringing it home..
Even Willmott looked like she was in a blank stare moment
as tho she felt she was in that bathroom with Travis at his rainbow bridge.

Juan is kinda like that old time commercial:
When EF Hutton talks... Everybody listens.

REALITY is setting in....
Missycakes' sideshow is coming to an end...
And the world will go on....
And Jodi ......
Jodi will be left awwwlll by herself...
to face the very real consequences of her actions.

I loved that he used the defense's strategies against them- best offense is a good defense in sports, and that worked. So awesome. He used the gun lie, the gas cans , Jodi's blabbing and lies, her victim act, and her pictures and the very sex tape and journals against her. She thought those would save her, but they didn't. She dyed her hair, which nailed her, along with the lost phone. He illustrated not a sex fiend or a fallen Mormon, but a betrayed human stalked like an animal by a monster. Brilliant. Arias threw her own parents, grandparents, and anyone else to save her skin. He pointed out that the final one was the jury.

polls_tony_the_tiger___frosties_3001_41292_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Juan Martinez was outstanding in this closing argument He ROCKED!

One more thing that is just unbelievable to me - he has sat there, the lone lawyer for the state, for four months. He has always been on top of this case - NEVER has he been caught unaware by anything the defense has introduced in the trial.

I don't know if there has ever been a case in which one lawyer, alone, has stood for the state in a case as big as this. His passion and respect for the family of Travis Alexander has been apparent from the start. He is incredible.

JM was so good! I hope he mentions about Jodi's bloody palm print being on the wall.

I was mesmerized listening to him but that was not surprising to me since I already knew I would be anyway. He is obviously very dedicated and passionate about his work and his memory is amazing. I believe he said 75% of what needed to be said today and he made his point clearly and precisely numerous times. He will state the remaining 25% once the defense has had their say.

What stood out the most today for me personally was when Juan began to detail the moments of Travis' murder. I have been following the trial closely from the beginning and have viewed all of the crime scene/trial photos many times. Somehow, I've managed to stay pretty stoic throughout in spite of the brutality, sadness and senselessness of the crime.

When Juan started putting the bloody bathroom pictures on the screen and began detailing moment-by-moment how Jodi was killing Travis and how he was struggling to get away from her and how he was bleeding profusely ... it was like I was there watching it!!! It was agonizing to listen to and my chest got tight, I got a big lump in my throat and my eyes were stinging from trying to fight back the tears.

For me, Juan really made it hit home just how violent this murder was and the degree of over-kill involved. I've been wondering this evening if his moment-by-moment account of Travis' murder had as much of an emotional impact on the jury as it did on me.

I forgot that he will give another statement after the defense... I hope he uses JA's very odd voicemail she left for Travis after the murder, where she states that getting lost was "fun, fun." And I hope he shows to the jury (and not just state them) her words: "no jury will convict me" and "I would beg for the death penalty."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back