Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

The timeline, I think is in Kenia's thread. IIRC, when he was released from jail, he went to his dad's house/farm. He could have used one of his dad's vehicles perhaps?

He met is future roommate in Austin, Texas on Craigslist. I wonder if he corresponded with Amy on Craigslist?

Looks like he was released on July 1 and rearrested on July 10th?

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-perso...e-released-from-jail-20110701,0,3818559.story

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-travi...d-murder-sex-assault-20110712,0,1327690.story

According to Fort Collins Police spokeswoman Rita Davis, Forbes physically assaulted a 30-year-old woman inside her apartment at 1202 Pomona St. on July 5, just six days after he was released from jail in Jefferson County after unrelated motor vehicle theft charges were dropped.
After reading the above I think there is good reason to suspect this guy in Amy's disappearance.

I getting confused on Amy.
Ahonen was last seen at her home at 41st Street and Albion Street in Denver on Friday, as she departed for a hike near Clear Creek.

Both of these articles say police searched a jeep, which they found on his grandfather's property. One says the jeep belongs to Travis, the other says it belongs to his father.

Investigators appeared to pay a lot of attention to a black Jeep Cherokee parked in middle of a field. The Jeep belongs to Travis Forbes.
The investigators took a gas can and paperwork from the Jeep and neighbors said officers went through the Jeep very thoroughly.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/28522313/detail.html

Police also searched a jeep which Forbes' friends say is owned by his father but used by Travis.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/207627/339/Man-linked-to-missing-teen-arrested-in-fire-attack

I definitely wouldn't rule out Travis being involved in Amy's disappearance. But at the same we've seen many other cases where things like this seem like they may be related but turn out not to be.

Oh yes the bike. What come to mind is Ted Bundy who also would ride a bike when he was in FL.

I was watching a show on serila killer and he said he rode a bike because it was easier to move around. escape....

Oh I just thought of something Fran! he put the bike in her car. Hmm wonder if he has family in that area. Do we know where Grandma lives. I might miss that.

Also I know there was search in Larimer County.

My first thought of Travis Forbes was another Ted Bundy.

Oh yes the bike. What come to mind is Ted Bundy who also would ride a bike when he was in FL.

I was watching a show on serila killer and he said he rode a bike because it was easier to move around. escape....

Oh I just thought of something Fran! he put the bike in her car. Hmm wonder if he has family in that area. Do we know where Grandma lives. I might miss that.

Also I know there was search in Larimer County.

My first thought of Travis Forbes was another Ted Bundy.

I really, really doubt Travis rode his bike. Highway 6 is a looooong way from Ft Collins by bike and even from Golden it's a tough ride with narrow shoulders...just not something that's possible.

I getting confused on Amy.
Ahonen was last seen at her home at 41st Street and Albion Street in Denver on Friday, as she departed for a hike near Clear Creek.

I believe they say that because Amy hikes and it's a well known hiking area and there were initial alleged sightings she was seen with an id'd man. But the latest news story says that sighting is unsubstantiated. PLUS, her friends said she wouldn't have gone on a hike because her back pack she uses for hiking was at her home.

hth,
fran

One thing I was surprised about is the location of Amy's apartment. Her apartment complex is nice and new but that's one of the sketchiest areas of Denver in general. I used to play golf at the Park Hill club, which is behind her apartments. That was 10 years or so ago. Of course it's probably just as likely somebody she knew would be involved but it's something to think about. I know her scent was supposedly followed from her car to the river but that's not always foolproof.

I hope they have searched the river thoroughly enough. I hate writing this but a body could travel a long way downstream in such a rushing river, and there are a lot of big boulders it could get stuck under.

I believe they say that because Amy hikes and it's a well known hiking area and there were initial alleged sightings she was seen with an id'd man. But the latest news story says that sighting is unsubstantiated. PLUS, her friends said she wouldn't have gone on a hike because her back pack she uses for hiking was at her home.

hth,
fran

That why I getting confused on find amy .org

In so many words the friend said that Amy was last seen Friday when she left to go hiking.

okay this was my reply
@ Terri: Back pack only left @ house. Would NOT state this is "hiking equipment."

Looks like he was released on July 1 and rearrested on July 10th?

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-perso...e-released-from-jail-20110701,0,3818559.story

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-travi...d-murder-sex-assault-20110712,0,1327690.story

After reading the above I think there is good reason to suspect this guy in Amy's disappearance.

Is anyone good at maps? Where are all of these locations...Ft. Collins, Denver/?, Golden, etc.? Who picked him up after he was released on July 1?

I haven't read enough to post intelligently on this case. The possible connection to this case and Kenia's caught my attention and I googled Forbes name.

He sounds like a very scary individual.
Sounds like Chili Fries is familiar with the area ... geographically speaking, would Forbes be a possibility in Amy's disappearance?

Is anyone good at maps? Where are all of these locations...Ft. Collins, Denver/?, Golden, etc.? Who picked him up after he was released on July 1?

I not ! but hollye is. If I run across her I ask if she could help us.
Looking at RR map of Colorado. The search in Larimer county is next to Ft collins. And the search tomorrow for Amy in Jefferson county is next to Denver.:waitasec:

I haven't read enough to post intelligently on this case. The possible connection to this case and Kenia's caught my attention and I googled Forbes name.

He sounds like a very scary individual.
Sounds like Chili Fries is familiar with the area ... geographically speaking, would Forbes be a possibility in Amy's disappearance?

He is a possibility, but he would have needed a car. Sounds like he probably did have a Jeep Cherokee at his disposal.

Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Fort+Collins,+CO&daddr=Denver+CO+to:Golden+CO+to:Centennial+Cone+CO&geocode=FSxIawId-Ym8-SmtMPCQRUpphzGCQKu0KEKxqQ%3B%3B%3B&gl=us&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=40.584757,-105.084229&sspn=2.84914,5.817261&ie=UTF8&z=9

Travis was living in Ft Collins (A). Denver is about 60 miles south of Ft Collins. Amy's car was found near the Centennial Cone natural park area along Highway 6. That's D on the map. It's about 80-90 miles from Ft Collins. Amy's car was found west of Golden, which is west of Denver. There really aren't any houses or businesses along Highway 6 there, it's a two lane road leading up into the mountains along the river.

Didn't Monge disappear from Denver? Leaving a nightclub..............

He had a car when he picked her up. I think it's one of the vehicles they're looking at in Ft. Collins. I believe it's his grandma that lives in Ft. Collins. And the victim Tillman was in Ft. Collins.

JMHO
fran

PS>......I don't know if this Forbes is responsible for Amy's disappearance, but it's worth a little LE time to question him. imo, fran

Didn't Monge disappear from Denver? Leaving a nightclub..............

He had a car when he picked her up. I think it's one of the vehicles they're looking at in Ft. Collins. I believe it's his grandma that lives in Ft. Collins. And the victim Tillman was in Ft. Collins.

JMHO
fran

PS>......I don't know if this Forbes is responsible for Amy's disappearance, but it's worth a little LE time to question him. imo, fran

He had a van, that's what he picked up Kenia in. My guess is the van died because he took the other car to Austin, the one LE said he stole. I haven't seen anything saying the van was searched in Ft Collins, just that it was searched in Denver when the area he rented for his business was searched back in April. A Jeep was searched in Ft Collins/Larimer County, it was on his grandparents' property. His grandmother says he didn't have a car this summer (when he was in Ft Collins, after he moved in with his dad June 30th), but that he biked. One story does say the Jeep was broken down. But another story reported that friends said Travis drove the Jeep, although it didn't specify when. So who knows. And who knows if he had access to his dad's or grandma's cars at some point. We do know LE said he stole Tillman's car but maybe at other times he could have used a family car. It's all a little confusing.

Very interesting about the Craigslist guy. Hopefully LE can figure out who he is. Maybe he is Travis but there are a lot of other unsavory characters in the Denver area, it's a large metropolis.

anything is possible, but I live in Northern Co., close to Fort Collins, and the ft Collins/greeley area functions as a separate metro area than Denver. I would be surprised if someone was all over the board in both areas esp. with limited transportation. Ft. Collins is about 40 minutes north of Denver straight north on I25. Many people use the mountains but in general, and of course there are many exceptions, Ft. Collins use the Poudre River area of the mountains and Denver residents go more through the highway 6/ I70 corridor. This is not foolproof but you need to have a car to get from one to the other. There are foothill highways that run up and down but from Ft. Collins, you would have Rocky Mountain National park in the middle and would need to wind around that to get down to highway 7 and then to 93 to eventually get to highway 6.
It is possible that this guy is stalking the whole I25 corridor if he lives in Ft. Collins currently and is a suspect in the Denver nightclub case.
I am going to do a little more research and see if I can catch anything else.

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-possible-craigslist-link-to-denver-missing-woman-case-20110715,0,3699644.story

DENVER -- The family of a missing Denver woman have asked investigators to find a man who contacted her after she posted an ad looking for roommate on Craigslist.

I would imagine she was not looking for a male roomate...
Looking at Amy, can't help but think of Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer .... it's an extreme stretch, but could there be a serial killer out there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back