GUILTY CO - Broncos player Darrent Williams, 24, shot to death, 1 Jan 2007

reb said:
<In the last decade or so, it seems that pro sports, MTV (music videos), radio airwaves Record labels), ect., have been dominated by gangbangers and ones associated with them.>

exactly,, but do you see another connection here?? one that we're not allowed to talk about openly, in this so-called "free" country of ours... they are free to be gangstas but we are not free to point it out or discuss the 'connecting factor' here... or express the fact that we are fed up with it. how strange.

--->>>I do believe you speak while beating around a bush, reb, there are good people in our world and there are bad people in our world, and they come in various skin tones.

The facts as we know them so far are that Darrent, and the limo full of good people left the scene quietly, trying to do the right thing.

Typically the criminal involved in any violent crime is under the influence of something, alcohol, drugs, bad upbringing, 'poor me' I never had a real chance, 'them versus me' throughout life.

The bad equation is alcohol+gun+bad attitude+lack of moral responsibility = BAD RESULT.

One more victim here, a young woman was offered a ride in the limo, and took up the offer, she is now dead.

reb--totally agree with you--a lot of junky rap/hippity hop "music" is dominated by real life criminals--look at 50 cent, a number one rap "artist" who brags about being shot 12 times---Snoop was on trial for manslaughter---"Suge" Knight of Deathrow(what a great name that is lol "deathrow" pathetic))records was in prison for many years for assault---and two famous rap stars murdered Biggy Slim and that thin guy--and Eminem pulling a gun on his wife---wow its so cool to be a "gangsta'--the ugly "music" of today is quite depressing but unfortunately that's what teenagers these days are buying--but no accounting for taste these days is there?

...and here's another beauty--rapper BustaRhymes to be charged with assault after beating up a man--Rhymes is already facing another assault trial when he beat up a fan for spitting on his precious car lol

Buzzm1 said:
There are so many gangster type people carrying guns now; not just guns; Tech-9 automatics, and other assault type guns. and the Police are way out-gunned.
The legal versions of Tec-9's are only semi-automatic and are without many of the "assault" type features, just FYI. Anything fully automatic tends to be illegal, without a special permit, anyways.

Dark Knight said:
The legal versions of Tec-9's are only semi-automatic and are without many of the "assault" type features, just FYI. Anything fully automatic tends to be illegal, without a special permit, anyways.
We know the gangs don't worry about the permits, or licenses, and as I understand it, the Tec-9's are easily converted to be fully automatic.

Interdynamic KG-9 and Intratec TEC DC-9 "assault" pistol (USA)
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg136-e.htm

Good job Buzz, great gun info.

It continually amazes me that Rap masquerades as MUSIC!!

When I was a tot back in the 40's, rap was unheard of, negroes did not behave in such blatant criminal activities.

Where did they learn to do this, why did they go berserk, and more importantly how does a nation stop this?

A lady called in this morning on my favorite talk show. This past year she was coming home, her daughter was driving. They had been to a movie, a car followed them into their own driveway and shot through the back of their car. This mother was shot in the leg. Daughter dove down in the front seat. The shooters left.

Police were called, and the first thing the policeman asked them was, "What did you do to make them mad."

Their response was 'nothing'.

Peter Boyles is taking this one up to do followup, on the who, what, where and when of it.

They behave this way, was the consensus this morning, BECAUSE it makes them POWERFUL. Hard work doesn't seem to have entered their minds in determing their LIFE STYLE.

My world in the 1940's was an innocent one, in Denver.

NOW I do not even go to get gasoline after dark at a self serve station. I do most everything early in the morning, when the bad guys are sleeping it off.

The bigger question is HOW do WE stop the insanity? Its already on a ROLL. $$$$$$$$$$$, media, TV, rotten violent movies made by numbskulls.

My world is fine right now, but WHEN will it come to MY front door?

Camper said:
Good job Buzz, great gun info.

It continually amazes me that Rap masquerades as MUSIC!!

<<<snip>>>

The bigger question is HOW do WE stop the insanity? Its already on a ROLL. $$$$$$$$$$$, media, TV, rotten violent movies made by numbskulls.

My world is fine right now, but WHEN will it come to MY front door?

I agree with all you wrote, Camper, but especially the above. This is what keeps me awake at night.

Peter Hamilton said:
and Eminem pulling a gun on his wife
He didn't pull a gun on Kim. He pulled it on a bartender who he saw kissing her.

so until WE (as in, the citizens of america)-- stop beating around the bush, regarding,, what happened to the black youth of america? and what can be done about it?? then everyone is going to be too afraid of offending anyone (or, of someone killing us for speaking out!) and we will keep walking on eggshells and looking the other way, and nothing will get done, and the problem will only get worse. i lived in a black-majority city where the streets were ruled by thugs & drugs-- and if cities like this are any indicator of the future of america, then we are done for!

in the meantime, we can try to educate youth of ALL colors to stop emulating these idiots, and we can also quit dishing out millions of dollars to them to support their neo-mafioso lifestyles. of course with sports, that harder to do since they have taken over that arena too-- and sports fans don't care about how much money those players make-- they'll just keep shovelling money their way, as long as they can go to games and cheer on their team. and people will just keep supporting corporate sponsorship of these *advertiser censored*holes.... as they are chaufferred around in their hummer limos and live in their mansions,, and the madness will continue.
whatever happened to REAL heroes, and (*gasp*- i never thought i'd hear myself say this!)-- REAL role models?? kids/young people only want to emulate criminals and thugs... and we continue to accept it, saying "oh well, what can you do..."

Movie stars are not role models these days, or at least very few of them, lets see there is ?, er and uh ?.

300 or so beautiful Mexicans in the Rose Bowl Parade. Looked wholesome and had a great band marching down the streets.

THEN who is coming to America illegally across the borders, just drug runners and gangs. maybe, I donut know.

WHO controls the media? ARE they our real 'TERRORISTS, hmmm.

WHO is it that is making the BIG money at our expense, distributing the junk music, and immoral business activity *advertiser censored* and etc.

WHAT would YOU do reb, to FIX OUR problems?

My grandson in the Coast Guard is doing his duty, catching and returning drug runners from Haiti on the sea.

As long as a huge portion of our population continue thinking that drugs $$, alcohol $$ and different things to do with ones personal body $$ are the be all end all, then our culture will continue going down the drain.

Our culture has been INNOCENCE and common decency toward each other, and it is slipping away quickly.

Fix it reb, but be nice to your fellow man in the process. BIG ORDER.

Edited to add: Dresses and tops that are considered couture $$$ today, when I was a beautiful young lady outfits that looked like this were considered underwear, and NOT to be seen by anyone other than your mom or husband in your bed or bath, OOPS sorry thought there was no one in here, quietly close door, hmmm.

Darrent gravitated towards the wrong crowd when young, but had seen the errors of that and was planning to go home (Calif someplace I think was what the interview with Mom said) and speak with troubled teens as well as look into setting up a foundation to offer options for kids to do besides "hang out" after school etc. Sounds like a good person. Javon Walker was in the car, Darrent was shot in the throat and Javon held him. Walker was not shot, and went to the Broncos facility once police released him and apparently arrived saturated with blood. There was a verbal argument at the club, but never became physical and the group left in order to avoid a fight and Darrent was apparently part of the calming influence that opted to get out. Another player I can't remember the name of was involved in the verbal exchange but did not ride in the same car. A female & another non football player male were also wounded but not critically.

Mom said Darrent packed a lot into his short life (he also has two kids but never said ages) but she thinks now he was that way because "fate" knew he would have a short time on earth. Mom sounds like a special person too.

So damned tragic. I know we have freedom of speech etc, but I think until responsible society rises up in protest of violent/sexual language in music, movies etc etc, we'll keep careening down the path we're on to hell. I'm as much for freedom as anyone, but I think because we just quietly turn our heads from things that are morally objectionable, we're not sending a message to youth that this is NOT acceptable on any level.

reb said:
so until WE (as in, the citizens of america)-- stop beating around the bush, regarding,, what happened to the black youth of america? and what can be done about it?? then everyone is going to be too afraid of offending anyone (or, of someone killing us for speaking out!) and we will keep walking on eggshells and looking the other way, and nothing will get done, and the problem will only get worse. i lived in a black-majority city where the streets were ruled by thugs & drugs-- and if cities like this are any indicator of the future of america, then we are done for!

in the meantime, we can try to educate youth of ALL colors to stop emulating these idiots, and we can also quit dishing out millions of dollars to them to support their neo-mafioso lifestyles. of course with sports, that harder to do since they have taken over that arena too-- and sports fans don't care about how much money those players make-- they'll just keep shovelling money their way, as long as they can go to games and cheer on their team. and people will just keep supporting corporate sponsorship of these *advertiser censored*holes.... as they are chaufferred around in their hummer limos and live in their mansions,, and the madness will continue.
whatever happened to REAL heroes, and (*gasp*- i never thought i'd hear myself say this!)-- REAL role models?? kids/young people only want to emulate criminals and thugs... and we continue to accept it, saying "oh well, what can you do..."
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Reb I so agree with you! My sons listen to rap, but with the understanding the life the "singers" rap about is a short one and fortunes made on a fad fade away. My sons both have flashy cars "rollin on 22's", but the point being they WORK and are in school for a secure future. They don't wear jewelry, tattoos or grills even though they could afford them. They are not dealing drugs or robbing. They have role models who are decent working men, professional men and the rappers are just entertainment to them. They have no desire to live that lifestyle. That's where the youths get screwed up because they believe the rap as their message/guide to getting rich. The rappers life is also glamorized by shows that spotlight the fabulous homes, cars and jewelry on many TV channels. That I blame on corporate America, (record labels) for those shows and for paying ridiculous amounts of money to produce and promote the BS.
As far as Tupac, Biggie and others getting killed, and others getting shot, my youngest son commented that it's "nothin but the same street on a different level".

camper-- hhhmmm... i wish i knew. until we have a solution the only thing i can do is be honest and speak openly about it.
and sadiemae-- you are so right, that it's corporate america that's made nothing but *advertiser censored* out of these so-called 'stars'. as bill cosby said, after so many years of thumbing their nose at 'the man'... now they have sold out and BECOME 'the man'.. but in the worst way. how hypocritical. but back to main topic.. that is great that this dude was making an effort to speak out about gangs and violence to young kids.. but if they supposedly left the party to avoid a fight but got shot anyway by a bunch of goons... then i really have to wonder,, what was really going on here.. there's probably more to it than meets the eye. but, if he really is totally innocent then that is sad.. it's just that whole culture that i'm really sick to death of... and how and why has it become so mainstream??

and, of course there are many 'stars' who speak out against drugs and whatnot, who are snorting, smoking and shooting up the whole time.... or they're speaking out against gangs, but are they really not involved? it's all just an act for good PR or because they get paid to do it.... i wonder, was this guy really sincere in what he was planning to do?

camper-

<<Where did they learn to do this, why did they go berserk, and more importantly how does a nation stop this?>>
well said, which is what i really want to know--- WHY?

<Police were called, and the first thing the policeman asked them was, "What did you do to make them mad.">
it's like a hornet's nest. and god forbid you defend yourself.

<They behave this way, was the consensus this morning, BECAUSE it makes them POWERFUL. Hard work doesn't seem to have entered their minds in determing their LIFE STYLE.>
and we continue to allow them to be powerful-- because our hands are tied. speak out against them, tell them you expect them to act like a civilized human being like everyone else, and you get called a racist.

<The bigger question is HOW do WE stop the insanity?

My world is fine right now, but WHEN will it come to MY front door?>

wish i knew.. other than leave the country. my solution for now is, find a town where they are the minority (which equals low crime rate. we all know there is a direct correlation between the 2, don't we?) . it's the only way. and it already HAS come to my front door-- in the last city i lived i got to watch the chaos every day, had to watch my back constantly, got harrassed, mugged, everyone i know got mugged, and robbed, one person got raped, one person got shot (twice), several got almost killed. i could tell you stories that would blow your mind. you have to live in fear of them- in a constant state of self-defense- if you want to stay alive.
they have a sense of entitlement that is out of control. every day on the news you hear about how many people got killed that day (95% by them- but the media isn't allowed to talk about that either). you get woken up at night hearing automatic weaponfire outside your door, watch them make drug deals in front of your house, get to have rocks thrown at your car as you drive by, your windows get smashed, tires slashed, etc. etc. if they steal something of yours and you report it to police, they will roam around in packs threatening to kill you.

what is going to be done, and when are they, as a culture, going to take personal responsbility?? and why do we continue to relieve them of that responsbility? for the past few decades, non-blacks in america have not been allowed to say anything about their bad behavior. if someone wants to have white guilt, that's their perogative.. but why do whites continue to condemn other whites (and other races) who speak the truth?? it's a catch-22.. if you say "i expect more from you guys- get your together" you are slapped on the hand and told to shut up. no wants to talk about it, no one wants to hear it. they get angry, they get afraid. it's such a volatile issue, no one wants to touch it. are they afraid? what are they afraid of? the wrath of blacks? rioting in the streets? (obviously we've seen how easily this happens). being called racist? well, isn't it more racist to not expect someone to act like a respectable, responsible member of society? is that REALLY too much to ask??

even my black friends agree with everything i'm saying. (of course, they're not idiotic, violent, thugs!).

reb said:
camper-

..what is going to be done, and when are they, as a culture, going to take personal responsbility?? and why do we continue to relieve them of that responsbility? for the past few decades, non-blacks in america have not been allowed to say anything about their bad behavior. if someone wants to have white guilt, that's their perogative.. but why do whites continue to condemn other whites (and other races) who speak the truth?? it's a catch-22.. if you say "i expect more from you guys- get your together" you are slapped on the hand and told to shut up. no wants to talk about it, no one wants to hear it. they get angry, they get afraid. it's such a volatile issue, no one wants to touch it. are they afraid? what are they afraid of? the wrath of blacks? rioting in the streets? (obviously we've seen how easily this happens). being called racist? well, isn't it more racist to not expect someone to act like a respectable, responsible member of society? is that REALLY too much to ask??

even my black friends agree with everything i'm saying. (of course, they're not idiotic, violent, thugs!).
Truer words could not have been said!

dark_shadows said:
In the last decade or so, it seems that pro sports, MTV (music videos), radio airwaves Record labels), ect., have been dominated by gangbangers and ones associated with them.
reb said:
exactly,, but do you see another connection here?? one that we're not allowed to talk about openly, in this so-called "free" country of ours... they are free to be gangstas but we are not free to point it out or discuss the 'connecting factor' here... or express the fact that we are fed up with it. how strange.
Thank-you for the post Reb...:blowkiss:
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

reb said:
camper-- hhhmmm... i wish i knew. until we have a solution the only thing i can do is be honest and speak openly about it.
and sadiemae-- you are so right, that it's corporate america that's made nothing but *advertiser censored* out of these so-called 'stars'. as bill cosby said, after so many years of thumbing their nose at 'the man'... now they have sold out and BECOME 'the man'.. but in the worst way. how hypocritical. but back to main topic.. that is great that this dude was making an effort to speak out about gangs and violence to young kids.. but if they supposedly left the party to avoid a fight but got shot anyway by a bunch of goons... then i really have to wonder,, what was really going on here.. there's probably more to it than meets the eye. but, if he really is totally innocent then that is sad.. it's just that whole culture that i'm really sick to death of... and how and why has it become so mainstream??
We answered it, corporate America and the media=$$$$ for them. The same reason girls are starving themselves to death to look "supermodel" thin. They are made to believe this will make them "popular", "successful", "cool", etc. Even mainstream advertisers are using rap music in commercials. Many rappers have their own clothing lines, more $$$ for corporates. The music/lifestye SELLS and the more it sell the more $$$ is being put into it.
I don't see them as selling out, I think it's more like they're being punked out and used till the next one comes along and they're too stupid to see it.
And in many cases, back to the thread, people ARE shot by these thugs for very minor things..."he looked at me the wrong way". I saw a surveillance video once where a young black man (18) was attacked and shot by 4 thugs in a McDonalds just because he accidentally bumped into one of them. He didn't even know them and was killed! It's very plausible Derrent and his group did nothing wrong except go out to have good time on New Years Eve.

From todays Rocky Mtn News:

(excerpt):

Another media outlet, 9News, is reporting that the Tahoe police are looking for is registered to Brian Hicks, a self-proclaimed gangmember who is awaiting trial in an attempted murder case from 2005 in which he and another man were accused of shooting at two women outside a Denver nightclub. One of the female victims in that case, Kallonniann Louisa Clark-James was killed in a separate shooting Dec. 6, a week before she was supposed to testify against Hicks.

Hicks, 27, was in jail at the time, being held on unrelated drug charges. He is still behind bars on those charges.

It is unclear this morning who police believe may have been driving the Tahoe.

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5253801,00.html

Fresh news alert:

Police: Vehicle Of Interest ID'd In Williams Slaying
Denver police confirm that they are looking for a Chevrolet Tahoe sport utility vehicle in connection with the shooting death of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

MORE DETAILS: <http://www.thedenverchannel.com/tu/5lCE3Tg2m.html>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back