CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe LE has asked all those questions and has the answers, but have not released that info to the public. Key to your post 'We just don't know'. jmo

But, you will note, MR made a point to mention that Dylan was up late prior to flying out, but the morning Dylan went missing was two mornings later, not one. Why bring up what went on before Dylan arrived (i.e. when Dylan was in Elaine's care) unless MR was directly linking Dylan's fatigue to his son going to bed early/crashing on the couch, etc? Instead MR uses Dylan's late night from two nights prior to explain why Dylan didn't rise the morning that Dylan went missing---two mornings later, not one.
Even if MR's responses are specifically in response to media questions, there is a skip in time...why mention Dylan staying up late two nights prior instead of what traspired the night before the reported disappearance? I find it notable that MR did not indicate whether Dylan went to bed early and/or stayed up late that night, but instead, makes a point to mention Dylan staying up late prior to his arrival

But, you will note, MR made a point to mention that Dylan was up late prior to flying out, but the morning Dylan went missing was two mornings later, not one. Why bring up what went on before Dylan arrived (i.e. when Dylan was in Elaine's care) unless MR was directly linking Dylan's fatigue to his son going to bed early/crashing on the couch, etc? Instead MR uses Dylan's late night from two nights prior to explain why Dylan didn't rise the morning that Dylan went missing---two mornings later, not one.
Even if MR's responses are specifically in response to media questions, there is a skip in time...why mention Dylan staying up late two nights prior instead of what traspired the night before the reported disappearance? I find it notable that MR did not indicate whether Dylan went to bed early and/or stayed up late that night, but instead, makes a point to mention Dylan staying up late prior to his arrival

How is it two nights? I thought he stayed up late on Saturday night/Sunday am .. and flew into Durango on Sunday evening, went missing Monday morning ...

Was it Friday night he stayed up late?

Dan Bender, a spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, said investigators from the beginning had considered the possibility that a crime was the cause of Dylan's disappearance.
“We've looked at the criminal aspect early on, since the second day he was missing,” he said.
http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

BBM

Since the 2nd day of the investigation...wonder why they thought that??
Could it possible be due to phone records?

I hope they "know" what happened and are waiting for someone to slip up....

I might be losing my mind. I was certain that dad said that when he and Dylan got home, that Dylan was tired and they both went to sleep early. I've searched every way I can think of, but I'm not finding it.

Did he say it or just intimate it? Or not say it at all?

I was not responding to any comments about time he went to bed or got up. I was simply stating that all the questions we have may have been asked by LE and answered by MR or anyone else. And they simply have not been reported to us. Not talking about anyone's interviews except what may have taken place with LE and as I said, not released to the public. jmo

From the Daily Times article:

“We're left with kidnapping and foul play,” Bender said.

LE has been saying abduction, kidnapping, or foul play. I assumed they meant abduction as in taken by a predator while walking/hitchhiking towards his friends in Bayfield type of scenario, and kidnapping as in squirreled away by a relative/friend/acquaintance because of the contentiousness between the parents and custody issues (I'll just put it that way) type of scenario.

I realized, looking at the map of the area, with the one road in/out, that a random predator - or even a local predator - was unlikely to box themselves in with no way out the other end, but also kept in mind that sometimes their compulsion leads them to acting when opportunity arises, even if very risky.

I don't know. This is only one article, so I'll be looking to see if law enforcement includes abduction in their future statements.

Just my opinion.

Either one would be a criminal case. No one has a right to take a minor anywhere without notifying a parent first.

It seems to me they think he may have been kidnapped by someone and that has resulted in a possible homicide since they cant locate his whereabouts.

IMO

Either one would be a criminal case. No one has a right to take a minor anywhere without notifying a parent first.

It seems to me they think he may have been kidnapped by someone and that has resulted in a possible homicide since they cant locate his whereabouts.

IMO

Can a parent also be charged with kidnapping?

I was not responding to any comments about time he went to bed or got up. I was simply stating that all the questions we have may have been asked by LE and answered by MR or anyone else. And they simply have not been reported to us. Not talking about anyone's interviews except what may have taken place with LE and as I said, not released to the public. jmo

LE said at the beginning that they wouldn't be releasing much/any information until the case was over. It seems that almost everything they have said has been asking for info about things they haven't been able to confirm by themselves.

They didn't ask for anyone who had seen them at the airport, Walmart or McDonald's because they had video of those things; they didn't ask for anyone who saw MR in Durango Monday morning because they had already confirmed his appointments; they haven't said a lot about the cell phone usage because they have records to look at, etc., and they don't need the public's opinion on any of those things. That makes it rather hard to do what we do here, but I don't think they're really counting on us to solve the case for them. Maybe they should be!

From the Daily Times article:

“We're left with kidnapping and foul play,” Bender said.

LE has been saying abduction, kidnapping, or foul play. I assumed they meant abduction as in taken by a predator while walking/hitchhiking towards his friends in Bayfield type of scenario, and kidnapping as in squirreled away by a relative/friend/acquaintance because of the contentiousness between the parents and custody issues (I'll just put it that way) type of scenario.

I realized, looking at the map of the area, with the one road in/out, that a random predator - or even a local predator - was unlikely to box themselves in with no way out the other end, but also kept in mind that sometimes their compulsion leads them to acting when opportunity arises, even if very risky.

I don't know. This is only one article, so I'll be looking to see if law enforcement includes abduction in their future statements.

Just my opinion.

So does this take stranger abduction off the table ?

When they say "foul play", what exactly do they mean ?

Sad to note how much slower the comments are compared to some days ago.
It must mean that many posters are also ' scaling' down in their minds. :(

Can a parent also be charged with kidnapping?

I really dont know. I have seen some who have kidnapped their children and hightailed it with the child and the custodial parent cant find either the other parent or the child. When that happens LE sends out an amber alert stating the child is with the non custodial parent.

Maybe it would be more like custodial interference instead?

I dont see that as an issue here though. He had full custody rights during his vistitation time with Dylan. It isnt a case where he stole the child illegally. Dylan has just been there to visit him in September.

IMO

http://www.ehow.com/info_8591732_difference-between-abduction-kidnapping.html

Abduction is legally defined as the process of carrying someone away by force or fraud. While kidnapping involves carrying another person away, it does not have to be by fraud.

Abduction involves capturing an individual without revealing the intent of such action. While a sexual predator who takes a child from school with the sole purpose of molesting her is not classified as an abduction case, an individual taking a child for no apparent reason is considered abduction. Abduction differs from kidnapping in the sense that the public is fully aware of the intentions of the kidnapper while not certain of the purpose of the abductor. Whereas a kidnapper will clearly state her reasoning behind capturing another person, the abductor might not state these reasons until after the individual has been found.

For what it's worth.......

Actually after reading this, I'm hoping that LE makes no distinction between the two , because it would seem more likely an abduction than a kidnapping.

So does this take stranger abduction off the table ?

When they say "foul play", what exactly do they mean ?

No, they have not ruled out an abduction/kidnapping. In fact they named that possibility early on and still have not ruled it out.

IMO

In all honesty, I've seen too many threads where the same things are rehashed and disected again and again (fishing pole, last text, and cadaver vs. non-cadaver dogs).

I'm just skimming over posts now.

Sadly, there's nothing new for us to discuss or debate :( I think we are all left wondering. I don't see how anyone could come to any conclusion with what we know.

If LE felt this could be a criminal event so soon, by the 2nd day, I am a little surprised they have not spoken out to the community at all, even though I know it is not always done.

Still, if a child is gone and LE believes a crime has occurred, I believe they have some responsibility toward the rest of the citizens. Unless they are fairly certain it was a targeted event and the person was only interested in Dylan; but if that is the case, they should know who their suspect is.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8591732_difference-between-abduction-kidnapping.html

Abduction is legally defined as the process of carrying someone away by force or fraud. While kidnapping involves carrying another person away, it does not have to be by fraud.

Abduction involves capturing an individual without revealing the intent of such action. While a sexual predator who takes a child from school with the sole purpose of molesting her is not classified as an abduction case, an individual taking a child for no apparent reason is considered abduction. Abduction differs from kidnapping in the sense that the public is fully aware of the intentions of the kidnapper while not certain of the purpose of the abductor. Whereas a kidnapper will clearly state her reasoning behind capturing another person, the abductor might not state these reasons until after the individual has been found.

For what it's worth.......

Thanks.

I have even seen someone charged with kidnapping when the person never left their home. If at anytime anyone holds someone against their will that can be kidnapping even if they leave or release the person later on.

I have learned that from ex-spousal cases where an ex will come to a home and hold the ex-spouse against their will for a period of time in their own home and wont let them leave. They were charged with kidnapping even if they finally left or let the person go.

Now of course if anyone took Dylan against his will from any location whether inside of his dad's home or outside or even did so under false pretenses they can be charged with felony kidnapping.
In fact I think they could be charged with kidnapping even if Dylan went with them willingly at the time. He is a minor......he cannot make those decisions himself legally. He has to have permission from one of his parents,imo.

IMO

In all honesty, I've seen too many threads where the same things are rehashed and disected again and again (fishing pole, last text, and cadaver vs. non-cadaver dogs).

I'm just skimming over posts now.

This happens when there is nothing new to report.

imo

I haven't seen this discussed before: The Mom said they were leaving Colorado Springs to some relatives house for Thanksgiving. Do we know where this was? Maybe Dylan hitchhiked to that house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther