CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the one of him with his mother, Cory and Mike, you'll see the same thing. They're all in the back with big smiles, and he's standing in front of them with dark circles and no hint of a smile. Those where I thought he looked happy/content were the one in his uniform, the one in the pawn shop and the one leaning on Cory. I think the behavior of all the adults in his life scared him long ago, and he had nobody but his brother to feel safe with. I think that even though Cory is an adult now, Dylan still feels safest with him. MOO

I would never attempt to determine anything from a photograph. I've seen too many severely abused children smiling away in photos to count. A photograph is a split second in time frozen. Nothing more. IMO.

Black eyes, burn marks...I'll consider.

That was a different son. In addition, it was during a physical dispute between the parents (and MR is the one who was beaten that night, not the son.) Nowhere have I seen that anyone said he EVER touched Dylan (except after he disappeared and ER made her accusations). MOO

But Dylan punched his father in anger one time, the same night that Corey beat up Dad. So Dylan was also caught up in the family drama it seems.

And MR has a very volatile temper. I don't think that people with very volatile tempers can pick and choose their targets that easily, once they get angry.

I also believe that dad had very high expectations for this father and son vacation. And he went to a lot of trouble, going to court, taking the week off work, driving to the airport in Durango two nights in a row, I bet he was looking forward to a grateful and appreciative young boy greeting him.

What if that grateful, appreciative young boy had grown into a sullen, resentful 13 yr old, who was not happy to be there, and wanted to go right to town to see his old friends? What if he mouthed off and talked back and stood up to his dad this time?

But Dylan punched his father in anger one time, the same night that Corey beat up Dad. So Dylan was also caught up in the family drama it seems.

And MR has a very volatile temper. I don't think that people with very volatile tempers can pick and choose their targets that easily, once they get angry.

I also believe that dad had very high expectations for this father and son vacation. And he went to a lot of trouble, going to court, taking the week off work, driving to the airport in Durango two nights in a row, I bet he was looking forward to a grateful and appreciative young boy greeting him.

What if that grateful, appreciative young boy had grown into a sullen, resentful 13 yr old, who was not happy to be there, and wanted to go right to town to see his old friends? What if he mouthed off and talked back and stood up to his dad this time?

Yeah, that.

I would never attempt to determine anything from a photograph. I've seen too many severely abused children smiling away in photos to count. A photograph is a split second in time frozen. Nothing more. IMO.

Black eyes, burn marks...I'll consider.

Agreed, I think we may be overanalyzing this photo.

Ohh yeah. And I lived in Massachusetts for several years, so I'm particularly defensive having been surrounded by Boston sports fans for so long.

WICKED annoying! ":moo:"

Gee, I'm from NC but I love Boston! Dewey Evans, and his unique batting stance, was my fave!

I'm sure we'd be best of friends:what:

"For the next two years, the couple went through divorce proceedings. In 2008, mom, Elaine Redwine, claimed she had a confrontation with her ex-husband Mark in the early hours of July 4. She wrote, "He was very drunk and grabbed me and took a swing at his son." She said Dylan reacted and hit Mark."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

I'll answer my question, the answer is no we don't have those court docs that 9news got their hands on

but can we request them from the reporter who did the video package? Especially since they were flashing the actual docs all over the video, I'm surprised they're not online somewhere.

It would be nice for us to see it all for ourselves.

Also wondering if any news sources have pending requests with the courts for other legal docs related to the family. Sorry if it's intrusive but it's gonna come out. And I want to know what was happening to Dylan and with Dylan.

And the Walmart one. My 11 and my 13 year old are sullen more than not, unless we are doing exactly what they want to be doing. (and sometimes even then)

My son is the same way! My niece recently got married, and my son wouldn't smile in any of the pics...even the professional ones! I was so pissed at him, but that's the way he is. And I can assure everyone, he has a happy home life. He's just a contrarian.

Sigh Sister, so nice to meet another mom in the same boat.

I have spent my life being my son's cheerleader. Recently, in a joking mode, I told him...."Son, I refuse to be your cheerleader a minute longer!" And he said, condescendingly, "Momma, why are you always so mean to me? What have I ever done to you to deserve this treatment?"
LOL

Really? I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Not even a little.

In the Wal-Mart pic with all the fuzzy, red in it I didn't see what other people saw either.

I don't think Dylan lived a very happy life, but kids are able to be happy and enjoy things even in less than ideal situations. I don't think he was beaten or abused or that would have been made SUPER clear from court docs and the press would have been all over it if there was even a small case against either parent for beating him. But I gotta say he doesn't look happy in any of the pics I've seen really, but I don't read much into that except snooty, brooding teenagers. My kids went to yellowstone park some years back with grandparents and aunt . I got sent back all these great pics of my kids in front of wonderful sights, and my oldest ( 12 then ) looked like the most miserable person on earth in every one. Nothing was wrong with him. Just a moody , hormonal pout! Yellowstone National Flipping Park and he couldn't put a smile on in front of the Inn . So I think Dylan looks just about typical in all the pics. You couldn't determine his happiness or lack thereof by being a brat when the camera flashes. That's just the boy in him. i m h o , etc

You're not mean enough! I trained my from the time he was little, he just better slap a smile on his face when I take a picture, or we will be at it all day.

Everyone notices too, like when last year he was called to the stage to receive an award, as he was shaking the hand of the presenter with one hand, he was holding up the award in another, turned to me, smiled and waited till the flash went off, before he moved!

:)

yep, you got that right!

In the Wal-Mart pic with all the fuzzy, red in it I didn't see what other people saw either.

Yeah, I saw a tired kid who might not want to be where he was right that minute. But it was really difficult to tell. He could have just been tired.

Or at the police station, answering questions.

I wouldn't care if God was talking to me across the table, if my son is out there missing, I'm answering my phone! Maybe his ex wife or Cory was calling to say they found him, received a call from him....

I couldn't agree more!

Dylan is a young teenage boy. Their moods change in an instant over anything. For all we know the he wanted to play basketball instead of posing for a pic. lol

I wouldn't care if God was talking to me across the table, if my son is out there missing, I'm answering my phone! Maybe his ex wife or Cory was calling to say they found him, received a call from him....

They could send a text saying that, that's what he'd do. MOO

That is a very interesting point!

If I was sitting across the table from God, the last thing I would be thinking about is my cell phone!

I thought the same thing as soon as I looked at this photo. He looks "closed up" with his arm across his middle and sad/maybe sullen look on his face. Poor Dylan.

Mom's got her arm around Corey but not Dylan, she's leaning away a little. Maybe there had been a tiff just before the pic was taken.

Yeh, some of it is his body language. He looks defensive, removed from the group. All the others are standing straight up and he's leaning against the wall, sullen. That's what I see anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94