CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks: reminder: there is absolutely zero tolerance for sleuthing minors. If you think your post falls into that category please self police now.

I can't see it having anything to do with Mom, she's just gained sole custody or whatever its called, she would stand to lose custody, any right to visitation and a lengthy prison term too.

It makes no sense

It makes no sense for either parent to disappear their child. To get caught would end that contact. But revenge to a spiteful person can go to great extremes sometimes. And so can jealousy...

Please note, JMO, I am not making the above statement about Dylan's disappearance...making it as a general statement due to some people I have met in my life..

JMO/MOO/IMO

hang on is this current discussion about an unsubstantiated rumor from a comment section?!
is that right?

I am going to reopen the thread.
But for now:
No sleuthing of people that leave comments ever, please.
Leave the comment that was posted below the video that you have been discussing off the board.
That may change but for now leave it as an unsubstantiated rumor. If someone can link it up as a fact we can look at it again.

DO NOT BRING THIS ISSUE UP AGAIN WITHOUT SPECIFIC INSTRUCTION FROM A MODERATOR SAYING THAT IT IS OK.

thanks

ETA: a lot of posts were removed in a hurry. they can always be restored if need be. There may have been some posts that were removed as collateral damage- maybe you quoted something that was removed. Sorry if your post was removed.

Just a comment on the "why didn't Dylan contact his friends Monday morning" speculation:

If cell tower reception was spotty where MR lived (stated as true by ER), then the way SMS (or text) messages will be sent is that they will be queued on the phone until the cell phone can contact a cell tower.

Dylan could have used the phone to send a message while the phone could not connect to a tower on that morning. If that phone has subsequently been unable to connect to a tower (turned off, dead battery, dead phone) we would not be able to know that he attempted to send a message.

One thing that Mark Klass has always said is that he believes the first thing every parent needs to do in a missing child case is to Take a Poly, first thing, and get yourself ruled out. So maybe that is why he was so hard on MR on Tricia's web show. JMO

One thing that Mark Klass has always said is that he believes the first thing every parent needs to do in a missing child case is to Take a Poly, first thing, and get yourself ruled out. So maybe that is why he was so hard on MR on Tricia's web show. JMO

Maybe, but GRK passed his polygraph when he first caught police attention in the early '80s. How many women would be alive today if the police put less faith in the polygraph as a lie detector?

If you believe as I do that MR is most likely involved, we need to sleuth areas he is familiar with...fishing spots, places of employment, routes he drives, etc.

I did a Mapquest map of the following locations:

http://mapq.st/ZcXojv

• A = Durango La Plata Airport - 1000 Airport Rd Durango
  • B = Walmart - 1155 S Camino Del Rio Durango
  • C = McDonalds - 185 Suttle St Durango
  • D = United Pipeline where MR reportedly worked (I'm not sure if this is his current place of employment) - 135 Turner Dr Durango

Distances:

Airport to Walmart = 11.24 miles
Walmart to McDonalds = 1.78 miles
McDonalds to United Pipeline = 1.01 miles

If you use google maps and look at the street view of United Pipeline you can see that it's right next to the Animas river and there are lots of places to pull off the road alongside.

It's extremely curious to me that United Pipeline is so close to the McDonalds & Walmart locations.

I get more and more discouraged......where is this sweet young boy?

I know each case is different and no one dislikes comparisons more than I do, but Amber DuBois' stepfather took 8 LD tests, trying to get himself ruled out. I am not sure that he succeeded, until the killer was found, but he did try.

I don't think we are supposed to be talking about the subject you just quoted. The mods are angry....:angel:

RE: The family court documents that were made public by MSM; i.e the video from Tv 9 news that is listed in the Maps media section, as well as referenced
in threads. I do not see anything in that video about who exactly was in court. And, in many MSM links, also in the maps, media section, and referenced in threads state something like that the couple went to court almost monthly. I am asking for clarification as who was there and where I can find a link to that information.

Maybe, but GRK passed his polygraph when he first caught police attention in the early '80s. How many women would be alive today if the police put less faith in the polygraph as a lie detector?

Sorry to be such a deedle-head, but can you remind me who GRK is? Thanks.

If you use google maps and look at the street view of United Pipeline you can see that it's right next to the Animas river and there are lots of places to pull off the road alongside.

It's extremely curious to me that United Pipeline is so close to the McDonalds & Walmart locations.

You are right. The Animas river is also right next to the main N-S highway, so I think anyone pulling over would be seen.

IMO what is likely a treasure trove of information that we, the public will never know or have access to(and rightfully so whether MR is involved or not..if involved then its to be preserved for prosecution down the road..if not involved then its none of our damn business).. but in terms of investigation and leads MR's cell phone records would likely hold vital information(unless of course he is the least bit like any of us) who know from WS and the CSI effect to remove ones battery from their cell phone to prohibit any tracking whatsoever(ie.like Shawn Adkins did on the morning Hailey Dunn "disappeared")..

but IF he's involved and he's NOT one who knows how damning a cell phones forensic testing results can be as far as tracking ones movements and conversations and/or internet usage.. as we know all key elements these days in not only prosecuting those responsible for abductions/murders..but IMO more importantly aiding in the search of the victim..in this case that being Dylan..

just my rambling thoughts on the case nothing more..

I suspect it's unauthorized, personally. There have been no mention of jeans, even by MR.

While I agree with you in terms of it not being mentioned, jeans sure make a lot more sense for where he was traveling to. Although I just looked at the airport surveillance photo again and he's definitely wearing shorts in that one.

You are right. The Animas river is also right next to the main N-S highway, so I think anyone pulling over would be seen.

But I wonder if there are any spots that are more covered or hidden from view?

While I agree with you in terms of it not being mentioned, jeans sure make a lot more sense for where he was traveling to. Although I just looked at the airport surveillance photo again and he's definitely wearing shorts in that one.

I imagine he must have packed a pair of jeans. Maybe dad just assumed he would have worn them that day.

not on the frontage rd or CR 231...it's pretty secluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member