CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you lotuspaw.

i just question LE holding back information when it's bringing them further away from solving the case. if they're still waiting for tips & leads, it truly means they don't have enough. and if they don't have enough, perhaps releasing a wee bit of info (a ping, heck i'll take a pong at this point) might prompt THE tip or lead that they need.

silence doesn't help. it causes apathy. people forget and move on. what if someone caught a random ford pinto on their cell phone while driving down county road 240 that morning. LE releases what the cell phone owner provided them. the owner of the pinto says 'hey that's mine! someone stole my car that day! it's only worth $249.99 so i never reported it!'. could be our perp. kwim?

(and no, i don't think dylan was abducted by a random carjacker in a ford pinto);)

thank you lotuspaw.

i just question LE holding back information when it's bringing them further away from solving the case. if they're still waiting for tips & leads, it truly means they don't have enough. and if they don't have enough, perhaps releasing a wee bit of info (a ping, heck i'll take a pong at this point) might prompt THE tip or lead that they need.

silence doesn't help. it causes apathy. people forget and move on. what if someone caught a random ford pinto on their cell phone while driving down county road 240 that morning. LE releases what the cell phone owner provided them. the owner of the pinto says 'hey that's mine! someone stole my car that day! it's only worth $249.99 so i never reported it!'. could be our perp. kwim?

(and no, i don't think dylan was abducted by a random carjacker in a ford pinto);)

Especially at this time of the year when people are rushing around for Xmas and New Years.

I am just looking at the time-line and it is awful that after nearly a month on there is still so little info.

I am just looking at the time-line and it is awful that after nearly a month on there is still so little info.

I can't believe that it has been 4 weeks and we still know so little. My heart breaks for Elaine. She put her baby on a plane for what should have been a short visit and now she has no idea if that child is even alive. That should never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nada!
But they had to have 2 phone pinging together and then suddenly one.

Not necessarily. The only thing that LE has said on record (at least the only thing that I found) was that there was no activity on his cell phone record.

"staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.”

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ment-says-missing-teenager-did-not-run-away--

This exact same phrasing is repeated in a couple other articles. The information that his phone was turned off around 8pm came from a Facebook post, NOT LE, so I'm not taking it as fact.

I do wonder if in fact his phone was pinging, but because he doesn't have GPS on his phone, they were only able to triangulate it's general location which is far from exact. So, what I'm saying is maybe they tried to locate his phone, but were unable, and eventually it stopped pinging because the battery died.

Do we know for sure one way or the other if Marks phone was also off around the same time as Dylan's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could swear I heard Bender say in an interview that Dylans cell had no activity after 8 p.m. Sunday night :waitasec:

Lol we barely know anything at all.

Exactly!!

And even the time-line on the facebook page does not say anything we do not know and the poster states " its the facts as we know it"

so it would seem they do not know a whole lot more than us sadly.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../03/ng.01.html
Aired November 28, 2012 - 20:00 ET

JOSTAD: Yes, he did have a cell phone, according to his mom, Elaine Redwine.

And she said, too, just the fact that -- according to cell records she`s seen,

the fact that there was no activity on Dylan`s cell phone after 8:00 PM is very

unusual. She says this is a tech-savvy kid who is always texting.

So the fact he didn`t text anybody Sunday night or Monday morning she finds

odd.

If Elaine went home Did Mark go back to wherever it is he came from?

Oh IMO, there is no paved road to heck (you know what I mean) so I would think he's still at his home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../03/ng.01.html
Aired November 28, 2012 - 20:00 ET

JOSTAD: Yes, he did have a cell phone, according to his mom, Elaine Redwine.

And she said, too, just the fact that -- according to cell records she`s seen,

the fact that there was no activity on Dylan`s cell phone after 8:00 PM is very

unusual. She says this is a tech-savvy kid who is always texting.

So the fact he didn`t text anybody Sunday night or Monday morning she finds

odd.

Thanks. So according to ER as well, there was no activity. That means, to me, he didn't text or call anyone, but does not mean his phone was turned off and/or not pinging.

JMO

I could swear I heard Bender say in an interview that Dylans cell had no activity after 8 p.m. Sunday night :waitasec:

Just found it, you are right:

BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his

cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that

gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on

those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever

since Sunday evening sometime.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Just found it, you are right:

BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his

cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that

gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on

those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever

since Sunday evening sometime.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

I don't think Dylan's phone had GPS.

Except according to ER, Dylan's phone did not have GPS.

Could the spokesman be referring to Mark's cell phone? Do we know if Mark's cell phone has GPS?

Azgrandma, do you know what kind of phone Mark has by any chance?

I think that is where the pings come in & maybe triangulation. But I'll bet it came up with a wide area since it is a very rural area.

I don't recall ER saying this. Do you have a link? I know she said he had a flip phone but flip phones can have GPS.

And Bender's statement makes me think the were checking Dylan's GPS.

I saw on the last page that the trucks have been returned to MR? I didn't know this. Can someone please share the source of this information? I thought LE still had the trucks.

It was reported on DR missing FB that the trucks were returned. A local stated so a long time ago. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2