CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read about the pillow I assumed he was distraught and holding the pillow that had Dylan slept on. I could be wrong but that's the message I got and felt that was the message that he intended people to get.

I am just hoping there is a break before the winter is over . Or if LE are waiting on the weather turning to do more ground searches and in and around the lake .

Correction. The last known to have seen him. We don't know who was the last person to see him, someone could still be seeing him if he's being held captive by some pervert.

BINGO!

Of course a family member is the last one known to see someone in their home but it never means they harmed their family member. Look at how many family members falls under the same thing that were not involved in their child's disappearance.

But even Mark understands that because he was the last known one to see Dylan that LE has to investigate him. They have had more than ample time to do so by now.

IMO

A child disappearing for almost a month and a half is uncommon too.

Technically she received a demotion. She used to be the director of financial aid for Fort Lewis College (http://communique.uccs.edu/?p=3462), now she's only associate director of financial aid at Colorado College (http://catalystnewspaper.com/2012/12/07/son-of-cc-staff-member-still-missing-after-more-than-two-weeks/, look under photo caption.)

Her income may have gone up because (guessing) Colorado Springs may be a more expensive place to live than Durango, but I doubt she hit the jackpot.

which is the bigger/more prestigious college?

IMO she got the position over the other 3 candidates, she probably chose to apply for the position because her partner was already living in colorado springs.

the jackpot for ER IMO would have been the opportunity to move to the place her partner was already established in and I beleive that is more important than the job title.

I am just hoping there is a break before the winter is over . Or if LE are waiting on the weather turning to do more ground searches and in and around the lake .

Are they doing no searches at all?

When I read about the pillow I assumed he was distraught and holding the pillow that had Dylan slept on. I could be wrong but that's the message I got and felt that was the message that he intended people to get.

I think that's what the writer wanted to convey. Better reading! Kwim?

Thanks CW :) mars bars?! Really? That is a new one! Pity I don't like them! No walking happening tomorrow, severely swollen feet and 40+ degrees! I might go for a swim though. So much for bed rest... (Sorry for O/T everyone)

Azgrandma, do you personally know Dylan? If this has been covered, sorry, I blame the baby brain so go easy on me people!

Not really, we had Easter dinner once and they (CR, DR & ER) were there for a few hours. That was in 2008, the picture you all have seen (or maybe have seen) from an article of the boys was one I took. He was so young and very shy around everyone.

What do you mean?

As far as I know they have said they are not ruling ANYONE out? Has that changed?

When have they come out and said Elaine and Cody have been ruled out?

Now I know they did it publicly in a few days with Jessica Ridgeway's parents but when did they rule out the mother and brother in this case? Or anyone for that matter?

I could have missed the interview since I have been interested in other cases lately.

What I am saying is that without asking the question, right then and there, we cannot know for certain *what* they may have said. People are interesting, and you just never know what they might say next.

It would also explain MR being rather calm outside of his initial gripe about LE not searching the lake and ER pointing the finger at him early in the disappearance. He's knows his role in this and is playing the part.

And AFAIK, ER hasn't pointing the finger at MR publicly since the beginning of the investigation and her comments to the newspaper and on NG.

How often have we seen cases of missing or dead individuals, we think that it's someone close to the victim that we know about, and then it ends up being someone out of left field, sometimes a stranger and sometimes a friend or family member that we didn't know about and was never sleuthed?

I remember the Mackenzie Cowell case where the stepfather was suspected, the police seemed to point things in his direction, and it ended up being a classmate nobody had heard of until the arrest.

Yes, and Jaycee's stepfather was a suspect for the whole time she was missing. He and the mother ended up divorcing. Many parents and step/parents have been suspects when it turns out they had nothing to do with the child's disappearance.

Not nearly as uncommon as a disappeared child being found alive months or years later.

Sadly, we seem to have more and more disappearing children, and less and less happy endings.

The happy endings are so few and far between we remember almost all of their names. The missing children...the ones that are never found...try to remember all of their names. It's just impossible.

I thought 90% of children who were abducted (usually by a parent who had no legal right to have them but took off with them anyway) were found and returned to the rightful parent?

IMO

Are they doing no searches at all?

Not that we have heard . I assume if they was doing searches it would be on the Facebook page .

In December it was on the Facebook that a helicopter had been flying over over the area for about 15 mins ( roughly ) and we have not heard anything since I do not think??

I think that's what the writer wanted to convey. Better reading! Kwim?

Yes. This is how it was reported for sensationalism...as reporters do. But I don't think the reporter was lying about him answering the door with a pillow. I mean who does that? If I were holding a throw pillow from the couch (or any pillow) because I was in the process of cleaning (or whatever) and my doorbell rang I would simply throw it on the couch and answer the door. Wouldn't most people?

And especially in his circumstances where he knows the press might be hanging out outside his door. To me it was done for affect and to me it's another very odd thing to do.

I thought 90% of children who were abducted (usually by a parent who had no legal right to have them but took off with them anyway) were found and returned to the rightful parent?

IMO

I was not just talking about parental abduction cases but cases of disappeared children.

Hassani
Kyron
Sky
Hailey
Haleigh
Lisa
Isobelle
Ayla

And so many others where I can see their faces but not remember their names. This seems to be happening more and more often.

I dont think he has hired one. He may have consulted with one since his ex was publically accusing him.

If he had really hired an attorney he wouldnt have been at the search for Dylan where each search team had a police officer assigned to it. Nor would LE say that he continues to be cooperative. If he had lawyered up they would take that as a sign he is no longer cooperating fully.

And to this date LE has ruled NO ONE out not JUST Mark Redwine.........not even Cody or Elaine. So if the reporter had asked had Elaine or Cody been ruled out imo they would have told them 'we are ruling no one out at this time.'

imo

You are welcome to believe whatever you wish. Someone had made reference to wording that had appeared previously in the MSM and I was merely supplying the link.

Yes, and Jaycee's stepfather was a suspect for the whole time she was missing. He and the mother ended up divorcing. Many parents and step/parents have been suspects when it turns out they had nothing to do with the child's disappearance.

That is what happens when the case is never solved. What a terrible burden for innocent people to carry through life.

One of the husbands where BTK had murdered his wife was a suspect too the entire time (21 years iirc). If they hadnt found that he still would be in the crosshairs being falsely accused.:( It ruined this man's life.

Since the police have put abduction on the table early on Im reposting this link that has 775 solved cases in it.

Child Abduction Murder Study

Key findings:

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

But couldn't that backfire?
Letting the public perception be that MR is involved IF they believe otherwise is really stalling out the case. Imagine some folks in a town an hour away seeing some weird stuff going on at a neighbors and never putting it together with Dylan because LE 's language has made it seem MR could very well be responsible for Dylan's disappearance? See what I mean?
Weird neighbor , young boy shows up , seems a little hinky, he says it's his nephew from florida visiting, they don't ever put it together because they've got no reason to believe DR is missing and in an unknown location.

This is where they hope people use common sense and report it if the child looks at all like the missing child. Think how many times people call in sightings of some missing person and it turns out to be a false lead.

I don't think this LE is "letting" the public perceive anything in particular. People are going to perceive it any way they want to, it doesn't matter what LE thinks. However, it might be more important to them to have the perp get comfortable and think he got away with it, than to worry about someone in the next county not reporting a new kid on the block. For one thing, someone who takes a child that age and holds them hostage, are not going to let that child be seen by neighbors. They're not going to be out playing in the yard, riding bikes, or going to the store and to school. They are going to chain them in a basement room somewhere without any windows so that someone can't see in.

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Bumping this up.it lands randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members