CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find the reference now, but I swear someone (maybe even ER) said that he passed on poly and was inconclusive on another. I remember the pass because a lot of people explained it away by saying MR is a master liar who could beat the machine.
If I cannot find a reference I will delete this message since I guess it is rumor or me remembering incorrectly.

If you are referring to the Nancy Grace episode, I watched it. Elaine fumbled and was evasive about MR taking a polygraph until NG pinned her down on it and then she reluctantly said it was inconclusive. I got the feeling she wasn't supposed to talk about it but had already opened her mouth to NG's producers or someone. NG was pretty determined to make her answer that question. I don't think Elaine wanted to answer it on TV. But I did not take that to mean she was lying. Just reluctant to answer.

Psychic Sleuth, you had asked me if LE stated after November 29th that they didn't believe Dylan had run away.

We all have to do our own research and come to our own conclusions, but I can share with you what I have in my notes and the conclusion I've come to on it -

- Nov 26 - direct police quote that they have not ruled out any scenario (Ransom recently linked this)

- Nov 28 - reports start saying that police "don't believe" "don't think" "no longer looking at" run away theory

- Nov 29 - direct police quote that run away theory is not closed out (I recently linked this)

- after Nov 29 - reports continue with no quotes saying that police have "ruled out" run away

I concluded that it was a case of the police saying something like "we don't think he ran away because of passage of time, no one has heard from him, etc.", and it turned into Reporters Gone Wild and stretching it to "ruled out".

From what I know, police very rarely "rule out" a theory or scenario. It would cause big problems for the DA at trial, not to mention the egg on their face and scoffing and laughing of them, loss of trust in their community, etc if it turned out they were wrong. I see police all the time in these cases saying "We think/don't think" and "we believe/don't believe"

JMO IMO MOO etc

I always find things like this amusing. When posting something with one view of a person/theory, people say that nothing but a direct quote means anything, while posting something paraphrasing the opposing view will be proof that something is a fact. I'm not being critical, because I'm sure I've done the same thing myself. As I keep saying - it's (almost) all about perspective.

I was quick to point out that the UPI article was probably misquoted. I too only want the facts as best we can obtain them. We are very limited on resources and how do we know which article is correct and which isn't? You make it seem like some of us are only looking for things that could point in one direction. I assure you I am not doing that. I am open to all options and all information.

IF MR did it in a fit of rage (and not premeditated) he would need to figure out how to cover his tracks after the fact. I think the fishing pole being missing was not by accident. I think the backpack and phone being missing was not by accident and I think the few items around MR's home were not by accident. I even think the tossing the football story was not by accident. IF MR did it I see all of these things as possible covers. Make it look like Dylan either A)took off to go fishing on his own B)ran away C)items in home prove he was there and disappeared Monday morning D) the football...the football story I cannot figure out yet.

I think the football story may have been an attempt to show Dylan was not mad him about going to his friend's house that evening.

I think the football story may have been an attempt to show Dylan was not mad him about going to his friend's house that evening.

Oh good point! You could be absolutely right!!

Just marking my spot so I know where to begin when I come back to 15 new pages. With every new thread I keep hoping that Dylan will be found before we finish it. Maybe this thread will be the one.

I am trying to find the reference now, but I swear someone (maybe even ER) said that he passed on poly and was inconclusive on another. I remember the pass because a lot of people explained it away by saying MR is a master liar who could beat the machine.
If I cannot find a reference I will delete this message since I guess it is rumor or me remembering incorrectly.

here you go: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

Elaine, you have taken and passed a police polygraph, is that correct?

REDWINE: Yes.

GRACE: And what kind of questions did they ask you?

REDWINE: You know, just basic questions, just trying to see if I was a good candidate for the polygraph.

GRACE: What do you know about the father`s polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I don`t know much. I know that, you know, everyone is encouraging him to take that. So hopefully, he will do that soon so we can get him out of the picture, and you know, focus on where Dylan is.

GRACE: Has the father taken a polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I`m not sure. I know he`s been asked to.

GRACE: Do you know if he took it?

REDWINE: I do not at this time, no.

GRACE: Is it your understanding that he`s failed a polygraph?

REDWINE: No, I don`t think he failed a polygraph. You know, I don`t know the specifics behind that. I don`t think he necessarily failed. But you know, I don`t have any information on that. So it`s real -- it`s real tough for me to answer that question.

GRACE: Elaine, when you were speaking earlier to our producers, you mentioned it was your understanding that he had failed a polygraph.

REDWINE: No, I didn`t say he had failed the polygraph.

GRACE: OK. Good. I`m glad you can clarify that. So what is your understanding, then?

REDWINE: I think it was inconclusive.

GRACE: Is he being asked to take another?

REDWINE: I believe so, yes, he is.
---------------------------------------------------
ETA: Alrighty then ... clear as mud. lol

IF MR did it in a fit of rage (and not premeditated) he would need to figure out how to cover his tracks after the fact. I think the fishing pole being missing was not by accident. I think the backpack and phone being missing was not by accident and I think the few items around MR's home were not by accident. I even think the tossing the football story was not by accident. IF MR did it I see all of these things as possible covers. Make it look like Dylan either A)took off to go fishing on his own B)ran away C)items in home prove he was there and disappeared Monday morning D) the football...the football story I cannot figure out yet.

Agreed. I think the football story was to show how that DR and MR were getting along the night before as far as MR knew. As in I had no idea he took not seeing his friend so hard. After I told him no we threw around the football and everything was great here.

REDWINE: No, I don`t think he failed a polygraph. You know, I don`t know the specifics behind that. I don`t think he necessarily failed. But you know, I don`t have any information on that. So it`s real -- it`s real tough for me to answer that question.

GRACE: Elaine, when you were speaking earlier to our producers, you mentioned it was your understanding that he had failed a polygraph.

GRACE: OK. Good. I`m glad you can clarify that. So what is your understanding, then?

Snipped by me

This is what I mean by her being evasive and NG does say 'didn't you tell our producers'. It could be the producers told NG or NG thought the producers said he 'failed'. Elaine said she thinks it was 'inconclusive' and he was being asked to take another one. In her beginning statements I think she was referring to him taking a 2nd polygraph. I don't think she wanted to say this on TV whether it is true or not.

If I could ask LE any question it would be; where were Dylan and MR's phones pinging from the time he was picked up from the airport until Dad went to the police?

That is all I want to know!

here you go: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

Elaine, you have taken and passed a police polygraph, is that correct?

REDWINE: Yes.

GRACE: And what kind of questions did they ask you?

REDWINE: You know, just basic questions, just trying to see if I was a good candidate for the polygraph.

GRACE: What do you know about the father`s polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I don`t know much. I know that, you know, everyone is encouraging him to take that. So hopefully, he will do that soon so we can get him out of the picture, and you know, focus on where Dylan is.

GRACE: Has the father taken a polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I`m not sure. I know he`s been asked to.

GRACE: Do you know if he took it?

REDWINE: I do not at this time, no.

---------------------------------------------------
ETA: Alrighty then ... clear as mud. lol

I have never heard of this woman who did the interview but it seems to me she pushed Elaine into a corner. So LE will have probably said please dont mention what we up to (be very vague) and so she keeps pushing until Elaine gives her what she wants .

I think that is why Elaine was trying not to reveal anything but she got pushed until she spilled .

IMO on reading that transcript .

I'm trying to understand the significance of throwing a nerf football around. I think I missed the point on that one. Is it just that it means DR was at the house Sunday night and they were getting along? or does it have other importance?

someone said yesterday that LE's silence does not bode well for MR. I completely agree. I think they're getting their case together against him and will grab him eventually.

If not for the "running errands" and, especially, the appt with the divorce lawyer, on Mon am, I might buy that MR did something to Dylan in a fit of rage. But, IF MR did harm Dylan, what better alibi than an appt with your divorce attorney on the morning your child goes missing. After all, one could ask, why visit your divorce attorney if you know you have disappeared your child. These actions (among others I haven't mentioned) suggest to me, IF MR is responsible, it was premeditated.

But, as I have said before, I am keeping an open mind. I have a possible abduction theory I haven't yet shared, which may have already been discussed here.

Information about storing text messages by the providers:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/
December 3, 2012

Cops to Congress: We need logs of Americans' text messages​

AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and other wireless providers would be required to record and store information about Americans' private text messages for at least two years, according to a proposal that police have submitted to the U.S. Congress.

snipped

An internal Justice Department document (PDF) that the ACLU obtained through the Freedom of Information Act shows that, as of 2010, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint did not store the contents of text messages. Verizon did for up to five days, a change from its earlier no-logs-at-all position, and Virgin Mobile kept them for 90 days.

ETA: Law has not passed yet.

But they already said there was NO ACTIVITY on D's cell after 8 pm. So does it matter if the service providers save text messages, if there weren't any after Walmart?

If I could ask LE any question it would be; where were Dylan and MR's phones pinging from the time he was picked up from the airport until Dad went to the police?

That is all I want to know!

In addition, I would like to know if Dylan's cell phone would still ping, if the reason he wasn't texting was due to poor phone reception in the area? IE, his battery hadn't died, phone hadn't died, but texts weren't going through due to bad reception? Has this been discussed previously & I just missed it? TIA

Yesterday I wrote about my observations as far as the LE investigating this case. Small force, no experience.

Today while reading over at the FMDR site a local that seems to be in the know from the other posts of hers I have read is saying that for the first 10 days LE wasn't all that concerned because they believed Dylan to be a runaway.

Word around Durango now is that they have nothing...sad but probably true.

I think this investigation was stalled from the get go. It will be by a miracle only that Dylan is found.

But then again thinking back aren't most missing children that are found dead or alive by some kind of miracle? Somebody hiking or hunting or checking their fence posts as in the Morgan Harrington case.

Fate.....

re: pings...i never understood them but after the discussion of edgemont i thought i'd take a looksee.

IMO, the phone last pinged at that picnic area. and that's why they chose it as a meeting ground (and as per all9ofus's local expertise that this was the best possible locale for 300 people). my guess, my theory, my assumption only...based on the following, snipped and BBM:

http://pursuitmag.com/locating-mobile-phones-through-pinging-and-triangulation/

"With the older style analog cellular phones and digital mobile phones that are not GPS capable the cellular network provider can determine where the phone is to within a hundred feet or so using “triangulation” because at any one time, the phone is usually able to communicate with more than one of the aerial arrays provided by the phone network. The cell towers are typically 6 to 12 miles apart (less in cities) and a phone is usually within range of at least three of them. By comparing the signal strength and time lag for the phone’s carrier signal to reach at each tower, the network provider can triangulate the phone’s approximate position."

now, look at a map of the three closest towers to where florida road and 234 intersect:

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=durango&state_abr=co

(sba II, winton, towerco) it's a near-perfect triangulation of where, possibly, his last text to RN pinged from. while the phone was still on.

just my opinion and thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members