CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I wrote about my observations as far as the LE investigating this case. Small force, no experience.

Today while reading over at the FMDR site a local that seems to be in the know from the other posts of hers I have read is saying that for the first 10 days LE wasn't all that concerned because they believed Dylan to be a runaway.

Word around Durango now is that they have nothing...sad but probably true.

I think this investigation was stalled from the get go. It will be by a miracle only that Dylan is found.

But then again thinking back aren't most missing children that are found dead or alive by some kind of miracle? Somebody hiking or hunting or checking their fence posts as in the Morgan Harrington case.

Fate.....

I wonder if that is absolute speculation or cops telling their wives/ friends at home who tell their wives/friends and its' actually based in some truth. If so,,,, what a nightmare :(

Agreed. I think the football story was to show how that DR and MR were getting along the night before as far as MR knew. As in I had no idea he took not seeing his friend so hard. After I told him no we threw around the football and everything was great here.

The football story came out after much was being made of MR's retelling of the events ending as abruptly as Dylan's texting did that evening and then picking back up the next morning. I think the football was just used to fill in that gap a little. If he said Dylan was watching tv when I went to bed then there would have been questions about what was he watching, etc. If he said Dylan was playing on the computer, that too would have led to follow up questions and the risk of getting tripped up by the details but what is there to say about tossing a football around? We can speculate that it was too cold or too dark or that it isn't wise to play ball indoors but all of those things happen anyway. As far as cover stories go it is actually a decent one.

Just marking my spot so I know where to begin when I come back to 15 new pages. With every new thread I keep hoping that Dylan will be found before we finish it. Maybe this thread will be the one.

Ditto.

The football story came out after much was being made of MR's retelling of the events ending as abruptly as Dylan's texting did that evening and then picking back up the next morning. I think the football was just used to fill in that gap a little. If he said Dylan was watching tv when I went to bed then there would have been questions about what was he watching, etc. If he said Dylan was playing on the computer, that too would have led to follow up questions and the risk of getting tripped up by the details but what is there to say about tossing a football around? We can speculate that it was too cold or too dark or that it isn't wise to play ball indoors but all of those things happen anyway. As far as cover stories go it is actually a decent one.

I have also considered the possibility that the argument escalated when they arrived home. Possibly they were arguing in the car, maybe over the cell phone being taken away. And when they get home D stomps off in anger, saying he is walking to his friends in Vallecito---or maybe he took off on the bike.

And IF they had an argument outside the house that night, MR would need a good cover story in case a neighbor had seen or heard them. So he says they were playing football outside, a harmless game of nerf ball, how nice.

But they already said there was NO ACTIVITY on D's cell after 8 pm. So does it matter if the service providers save text messages, if there weren't any after Walmart?

You have to go back a bit, but some were talking about DR texting to other people. This was to clarify what cell phone providers "save" concerning text messages. New law would change all that, if/when it passes.

I wonder if that is absolute speculation or cops telling their wives/ friends at home who tell their wives/friends and its' actually based in some truth. If so,,,, what a nightmare :(

Well nobody can keep a secret so I am sure cops share with their families and they share with their friends. Whats that old saying "two can keep a secret if one of them are dead".

After reading that I was thinking. What made them come to that conclusion so quickly. That Dylan was a runaway and for ten days..critical time.

That conclusion must have come from the information they gathered from the friends of Dylan and those they interviewed. Perhaps tips from those that saw Dylan at McDonalds, the Airport and Walmart. I am sure everybody had something to say.

Interesting with all that information LE speculated Dylan ran away?

Why?

I honestly would not be surprised if LE have no idea what to do next .

No crime scene , no body and nobody seems to have seen anything .

So how do you work from that ?

IMO

I have also considered the possibility that the argument escalated when they arrived home. Possibly they were arguing in the car, maybe over the cell phone being taken away. And when they get home D stomps off in anger, saying he is walking to his friends in Vallecito---or maybe he took off on the bike.

And IF they had an argument outside the house that night, MR would need a good cover story in case a neighbor had seen or heard them. So he says they were playing football outside, a harmless game of nerf ball, how nice.

That explanation is a nice fit. I like it better than mine, lol.

Agreed. I think the football story was to show how that DR and MR were getting along the night before as far as MR knew. As in I had no idea he took not seeing his friend so hard. After I told him no we threw around the football and everything was great here.

I'm really perplexed by the football throwing, I can see throwing it inside or outside and either one is understandable to a degree. If it was thrown outside, perhaps he has flood lights around the house or on the property to light up an area because I can't see throwing it around in the dark.

The part that confuses me is that MR stated that they didn't have time to discuss if DR liked his new house. IMO that can mean any number of things:
  • It didn't come up in the conversation (I know personally I mean to tell someone and the conversation gets sidetracked and I completely forget)
  • MR didn't really want to know if DR liked the house or not
  • They threw a football around in total silence

I just wish I knew which of those options or perhaps another option was the reason. IMO the answer to that perhaps would give us a direction, it would show how they were relating towards each other.

Very true the football story covers a bunch of things. Shows why DR didn't use the phone and shows that they were acting friendly toward each other.

ETA It would also explain away if anyone saw MR outside at night fooling around with anything when he normally would not be out.

I'm really perplexed by the football throwing, I can see throwing it inside or outside and either one is understandable to a degree. If it was thrown outside, perhaps he has flood lights around the house or on the property to light up an area because I can't see throwing it around in the dark.

The part that confuses me is that MR stated that they didn't have time to discuss if DR liked his new house. IMO that can mean any number of things:
  • It didn't come up in the conversation (I know personally I mean to tell someone and the conversation gets sidetracked and I completely forget)

I just wish I knew which of those options or perhaps another option was the reason. IMO the answer to that perhaps would give us a direction, it would show how they were relating towards each other.

My DH bought my DS a ' LIGHT UP NERF BALL' which can be used in the dark. I am not sure how well it works because they didnt try it in the dark yet.

Also, I too have wondered about his statement that he never had a chance to ask about the new house. They had a 45 minute drive, and they ate dinner and shopped in walmart. So what did they talk about?

He also said they had not yet had time to plan out their activities for the week. So what did they talk about during that 45 minute drive?

We know they talked about NOT dropping D at his friernds that night. And we know they talked about having to go at 6:30 am. But that is all I know fir sure that they discussed.

Very true the football story covers a bunch of things. Shows why DR didn't use the phone and shows that they were acting friendly toward each other.

ETA It would also explain away if anyone saw MR outside at night fooling around with anything when he normally would not be out.

Honestly I think it is either misreported or just plain BS! Throwing a football around in the dark after a day of traveling and car riding. I don't think so.

MOO

You raise a lot of good points. Even if he is completely innocent MR has the answers to so many of our questions. It would be nice to see him do one, nice sit down interview. Not with NG or somebody so confrontational but more of a conversational style piece. KWIM?

Can you share how MR reacted when he heard your kids were not interested in a relationship with him? Or what he was like when he was successful in getting that Christmas visitation ordered? Did he gloat, taunt you or was he pleased but contrite?

My DH bought my DS a ' LIGHT UP NERF BALL' which can be used in the dark. I am not sure how well it works because they didnt try it in the dark yet.

Also, I too have wondered about his statement that he never had a chance to ask about the new house. They had a 45 minute drive, and they ate dinner and shopped in walmart. So what did they talk about?

He also said they had not yet had time to plan out their activities for the week. So what did they talk about during that 45 minute drive?

We know they talked about NOT dropping D at his friernds that night. And we know they talked about having to go at 6:30 am. But that is all I know fir sure that they discussed.

I'll have to go find the link, but I'm pretty sure the wording was "hardly had time to...." Big different in hardly and never. When the term hardly is used, it's like an exaggeration...in my neck of the woods anyway.

I'll have to go find the link, but I'm pretty sure the wording was "hardly had time to...." Big different in hardly and never. When the term hardly is used, it's like an exaggeration...in my neck of the woods anyway.

How long does it take to say " how do you like your new house?' A 13 yr old can answer that in a few short grunts, imo.

that night the two hardly had a chance to talk about how Dylan liked his new home, he said.

If I say I hardly had a chance to eat lunch, dust the living room, talk about how someone liked their new home - I mean that I did whatever I was referring to, I just had to do it quickly and would have preferred longer to do it.

that night the two hardly had a chance to talk about how Dylan liked his new home, he said.

If I say I hardly had a chance to eat lunch, dust the living room, talk about how someone liked their new home - I mean that I did whatever I was referring to, I just had to do it quickly and would have preferred longer to do it.

I don't see how he hardly had that chance. They had from 5:40 until after 8 pm to talk. How long does it take to ask a 13 yr old how he likes his new home?

Plus, I think that is a red herring. I think the 'new home' was a very touchy subject for MR. I am sure he did not want to hear any glowing reports about the newly remodeled home with MH and ER.

Nor did he want to hear about Dylans friends being his priority. But MR talks about these things as if it was not a big deal to him--and I think it is phony. Didnt two people from his past say he was a smooth talker, and a con man?

How long does it take to say " how do you like your new house?' A 13 yr old can answer that in a few short grunts, imo.

I guess it depends on the 13 year old. I was just pointing out the difference in hardly and never. MOO

I don't see how he hardly had that chance. They had from 5:40 until after 8 pm to talk. How long does it take to ask a 13 yr old how he likes his new home?

Probably less time than it took you to type it. We know Dylan wasn't texting away in the time between arriving and disappearing so there should have been plenty of time for small talk.

Probably less time than it took you to type it. We know Dylan wasn't texting away in the time between arriving and disappearing so there should have been plenty of time for small talk.

Probably, but I wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member