CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B] BBM

Actually, I was wondering WHY MR made those comments to begin with. Why was it important to him that other people heard that? Was he just giving himself kudos, or was he trying to rule out the possibility that someone came to the door (specifically that someone he KNEW didn't come to the door) and snatched Dylan?

Do you see what I mean? I don't know if I'm explaining correctly...

Also, does anyone have the comments about a woman friend visiting? When was that?

Hmm, actually he misspoke because A) Dylan has never come ' to town' prior to this visit. He's always lived ' in town' with dad until this time. But it seems as if he's saying it from a historical point like 'whenever Dylan is in town, i spend my time with him' , but we know that's not so because it's never happened before. Mooooooooooooooooooomorecowbell!

I realize that, but there are only 2 explanations for this: 1. Elaine is lying/mistaken; or 2. Reporter is mistaken. The former has been consistent from the very beginning of this case and has the cellphone records in her possession. The latter is providing a secondhand account of information that was given to her verbally. Which one is more suspect? They cannot both be true.

I'm not saying this is fact, but is it possible the reporter was told it was a SENT TEXT and assumed it was via the cell phone? Many people automatically assume text = cell phone.

I still don't believe the 9:37 message was sent from Dylan's phone.

Maybe Dylan fudged the truth there a bit. There are many many sports fans who do not like to PLAY and perhaps he told dad he would try to play at the new school, but his heart wasn't in it, so he made up a little reason why it didn't work out. I think , especially, when it comes to sports, boys may tell mom and dad two different things.
Or maybe he wasn't really all that into it but just signed up to see about making some new friends and fit in at the new school.

Well MR said that he tried to contact Dylan once a week. Why would this be a conversation they were having over two months since the last time they actually saw each other and since Dylan had started school? If they were talking weekly then I'd think they'd already discussed this weeks or months prior.

MOO

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

The only thing official that I've seen from LE so far is that there was an electronic communication (texting) at 9:37pm. No indication of inbound or outbound and what device was used. And I'm still curious as to whether they added the bracketed word "text" or "texting" to their official release or whether it was added by a news organization.

MOO

I believe (texting) was in the original Press Release from LPCSO.

The reporter (in tweets answering questions, posted previously here) said she double-checked and the text was SENT from the device. She then answered a second question saying that it was from Dylan's cellphone and not a different electronic device. Now I don't know if double-checking means looking at her notes again, or calling Lt. Bender, or what; so take it for whatever it's worth.

Is it possible that there was something hinky about the text recognized early on - such as it going to a phone number ER didn't know (maybe an out-of-state area code)? If so, could LE have asked Elaine not to mention the existence of that text?

ETA: Press Release was posted on the FMDR Facebook page and printed verbatim in at least one news article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon