CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going by what his friends said and they said he hitchhiked into town before not that they got a ride from neighbor.

I'm perfectly fine with you not agreeing with my theory.

There was a time when they (Dylan and his friends) hitchhiked from a library during a snowstorm.

He didn't want to wait. He was already late.

According to ER, Dylan would have called any number of friends to give him a ride, and imo he would have at the very least, asked for a ride from these friends BEFORE he took off walking miles and miles. If for some reason (can't imagine what that would be) he decided to take off walking without asking for a ride, I think he was intelligent enough to at least tell someone he was about to take a long hike.

I didn't give the hitchhiking theory much weight until I read that Dylan's friends said that he had done it in the past.

And the lack of communication on Monday morning bothered me when I thought that the 9:37 PM text was sent via iPod vs cellphone. Now that reporter MB has said that the 9:37 PM text was from Dylan's cellphone it appears possible to me that the battery died overnight and that's why there's no text messages in the morning.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/314078/339/What-happened-to-Dylan-Redwine

Sorry. That reporter is mistaken. Elaine has been clear that there was no activity from Dylan's cellphone as of approximately 8:00pm. This is based upon the cellphone records.

There was a time when they (Dylan and his friends) hitchhiked from a library during a snowstorm.

Which makes it once. I would love to see proof that Dylan had done this more than once as i have only ever read the one story and he was with friends so a lot less dangerous as well .

Me too!
what would we have to talk about if we all agreed!

But did he hitch from Vallecito or from the bayfield home?

Can we link from youtube?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2x3YBUhjOM"]Searching for Dylan - YouTube[/ame]

If not, look for 'Searching for Dylan' by Chickswithcameras. Longish video with interview of Dylan's friends at the end regarding the hitchhiking incident. Friends clearly state this one incident in the snow home to Bayfield from the library with them was the only time they knew Dylan hitched a ride.

Yes, that is in the newest interview. MR claims he was texting Dylan in the morning, Dylan was not responding. MR came home, Dylan was not there. MR then takes a nap. Seems like he wasn't in any way concerned, despite the fact that Dylan didn't respond to his messages and was not home when MR came back from his errands.

so that tells me that 11:30-2:30 is unaccounted for and is the time frame that needs to be looked at closely.

Me too!
what would we have to talk about if we all agreed!

But did he hitch from Vallecito or from the bayfield home?

The article doesn't say. But it does show that Dylan was willing to hitchhike if he felt that it was necessary. MOO.

Then why didn't he text anyone to ask for a ride. I find it hard to believe that a child wakes up late and rather than call his buddy to see if his mom can pick him up, or answer one of dad's texts, that he would just wake up and hitchhike or walk 18 miles.

Why go at all, if you are already late and planning on a possibly maybe hopefully catching a ride, if he wasn't lucky enough to get a ride it would have taken him almost 4 hours to walk that distance. IMO even a healthy active 13 yr old wouldn't walk 4 hours when he could wait for a ride.

Just jumping off your post azgrandma but since MR seemed to indicate that he really tried to get in touch with Dylan that morning to find out if he needed to bring anything home with him since he went on about how you've got to get things when you are in town when you live so far out, even though he was scheduled to be driving into Bayfield as soon as he got home, does he not know his own phone number? Why wouldn't he have called his own landline to talk to Dylan and perhaps to wake him up if he thought he was still sleeping?

When I read through that transcript of MR's interview I am just :waitasec:. If that is what his LE interviews have been like I can imagine why there is no movement in this case. And I can imagine what they're thinking.

MOO

so that tells me that 11:30-2:30 is unaccounted for and is the time frame that needs to be looked at closely.

Yes, if he was napping, then presumably he has no alibi for that time.

I didn't give the hitchhiking theory much weight until I read that Dylan's friends said that he had done it in the past.

And the lack of communication on Monday morning bothered me when I thought that the 9:37 PM text was sent via iPod vs cellphone. Now that reporter MB has said that the 9:37 PM text was from Dylan's cellphone it appears possible to me that the battery died overnight and that's why there's no text messages in the morning.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/314078/339/What-happened-to-Dylan-Redwine

So...Dylan puts the phone on the battery charger?

Sorry. That reporter is mistaken. Elaine has been clear that there was no activity from Dylan's cellphone as of approximately 8:00pm. This is based upon the cellphone records.

But according to the recent timeline released by police, there was a message (text) send from Dylan's electronic device. The reporter that did the recent interviews claims it was from Dylan's cell phone.

Then why didn't he text anyone to ask for a ride. I find it hard to believe that a child wakes up late and rather than call his buddy to see if his mom can pick him up, or answer one of dad's texts, that he would just wake up and hitchhike or walk 18 miles.

Why go at all, if you are already late and planning on a possibly maybe hopefully catching a ride, if he wasn't lucky enough to get a ride it would have taken him almost 4 hours to walk that distance. IMO even a healthy active 13 yr old wouldn't walk 4 hours when he could wait for a ride.

Yep. It's just a ridiculous notion all around.

Question AZGrandma, is Mark a problem-solver? Meaning, is he capable of identifying the root cause of a problem and then formulate a solution to resolve that problem? Or, is he the kind of guy who finds himself in problematic situations (perhaps repeatedly), but is not able to grasp why or put a plan in place to change it?

I'm looking to gauge whether he has a general sense of control over his life.

Just jumping off your post azgrandma but since MR seemed to indicate that he really tried to get in touch with Dylan that morning to find out if he needed to bring anything home with him since he went on about how you've got to get things when you are in town when you live so far out, even though he was scheduled to be driving into Bayfield as soon as he got home, does he not know his own phone number? Why wouldn't he have called his own landline to talk to Dylan and perhaps to wake him up if he thought he was still sleeping?

When I read through that transcript of MR's interview I am just :waitasec:. If that is what his LE interviews have been like I can imagine why there is no movement in this case. And I can imagine what they're thinking.

MOO

Very good point! I'd also like to add that when I'm calling to wake someone up, I often call the land line because they are louder and ring longer. Dylan was reported to be sleeping on the couch in that tiny house...seems to me a ringing land line was going to be heard much easier. JMO

Yes, that is in the newest interview. MR claims he was texting Dylan in the morning, Dylan was not responding. MR came home, Dylan was not there. MR then takes a nap. Seems like he wasn't in any way concerned, despite the fact that Dylan didn't respond to his messages and was not home when MR came back from his errands.

Even though by his own admission the only places he knew of where Dylan would "wander" to around his home were two locations near the river.

I think I'd be looking for my child if I thought they were out alone wandering around a river.

Again... :waitasec:

MOO

Thanks!

MY question is if he was supposed to be there at 6 30 wouldnt they have to get up alot earlier than the time Mark said he was trying to get him up?

Mark has never said anything about getting him there at 6 30.

Also reading that article I found something I never knew

Dylan wanted to see Ryan on Sunday night, but his dad wouldn’t let him and Ryan was heading back from Pagosa Springs that night.

He actually did say he knew Dylan wanted to be at Ryans by 6:30 so he started trying to wake him up at 6:15..WTH?

Yes I have questions about that reporter's abilities both in interviewing and in getting information, especially from LE.

MOO

But according to the recent timeline released by police, there was a message (text) send from Dylan's electronic device. The reporter that did the recent interviews claims it was from Dylan's cell phone.

I realize that, but there are only 2 explanations for this: 1. Elaine is lying/mistaken; or 2. Reporter is mistaken. The former has been consistent from the very beginning of this case and has the cellphone records in her possession. The latter is providing a secondhand account of information that was given to her verbally. Which one is more suspect? They cannot both be true.

Just interjecting my observations here, but none of the texts I've seen have been between MR and ER. I've only seen texts between MR and CR. If you have a link to texts between ER and MR, I would love to see them. JMO

No, it was my confusion between ER and CR on the posted texts. Personally throughout the years, I have learned that trying to start off a conversation in a angry and accusatory manner has never led anywhere. Most likely, the person is going to turn around and walk away or become angry in defense. I'm not saying that this is what happened here, only that it's a possibility. It may just as well, been the opposite and E tried to have a civil conversation and M was being stubborn.

I'm just trying to throw out, some possible logical scenarios for the questions that have been ask concerning behavior of the parents.

Which makes it once. I would love to see proof that Dylan had done this more than once as i have only ever read the one story and he was with friends so a lot less dangerous as well .

In the very beginning of this case I also remember the friend saying that maybe Dylan had hitchhiked and maybe had been abducted,,the friend than stated that Dylan was known to hitch and they (the friends ) would try to talk him out of it..If you go back to the interview with the friends in the beginning you will see it.. I think the interview was with R but it may have been another friend that stated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace