CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had made plans with your son, to drive home from town to pick him up and take him to his friends house, and you returned home and he was gone, would you assume it was fine? I wouldn't. My kids needed to tell me where they were going at that age. Cross that out--they needed to ASK me.

ETA: I just saw your after post, where you said that actually, you never returned home to find oner of your sons gone. So the original post, they they don't leave notes, is kind of irrelevant to this particular sitiuation, imo.

BBM well thanks for that - but there was a little more context to my post that was part of a conversation of sorts. IMO pretty well every parent on these threads has dropped in a little anecdote or two about their own children or parenting, which I think is always relevant since we are mostly guessing about how Dylan would behave when not at home in the company of his mum.

So, undaunted by comments about irrelevance ... I will once again state that I would fall over backwards if I ever found a note of any description written to me by one of my teenage sons. No, they haven't yet decided to take off somewhere in my absence, but I am not naive enough to claim that will never happen in the future. Given that whenever I need a pen or paper and ask for help in finding said writing materials - both my boys will throw their hands up and clear the room claiming no knowledge of such useless items, so I can pretty safely say that reaching for a pen and paper for note writing would not come naturally to them. Obviously I should start educating them on this subject in readiness for the day when they decide to go it alone and not wait for their private taxi service (moi) to get home.

:moo: Scroll and roll I say - the wheel on my mouse is my friend :)

BBM well thanks for that - but there was a little more context to my post that was part of a conversation of sorts. IMO pretty well every parent on these threads has dropped in a little anecdote or two about their own children or parenting, which I think is always relevant since we are mostly guessing about how Dylan would behave when not at home in the company of his mum.

So, undaunted by comments about irrelevance ... I will once again state that I would fall over backwards if I ever found a note of any description written to me by one of my teenage sons. No, they haven't yet decided to take off somewhere in my absence, but I am not naive enough to claim that will never happen in the future. Given that whenever I need a pen or paper and ask for help in finding said writing materials - both my boys will throw their hands up and clear the room claiming no knowledge of such useless items, so I can pretty safely say that reaching for a pen and paper for note writing would not come naturally to them. Obviously I should start educating them on this subject in readiness for the day when they decide to go it alone and not wait for their private taxi service (moi) to get home.

After seeing a close up view of MR's kitchen table with paper/pens scattered about, I wouldn't see this as being a problem for Dylan! :rocker:

He did say it. I heard him, but I am talking about the context he said it in. We'll just have to wait and see. jmo :)

Context is everything IMO. Good reason to be careful making judgements based on taped tv interviews in any case. Heck, I had another look at MB's uncut interview with MR last night (specifically to find the context of something quoted here) and again it made me mad that we never get to see MB's own opening words, or the question asked which prompted MR's first statement on that recording. How did that happen ... did someone forget to turn the camera on or something??

:moo:

**my apologies for being behind and this post likely landing amidst unrelated discussion**

Originally Posted by Allusonz
I believe that if MR had planned this, he would of made sure to close some of those holes to cover his tracks.
So, we have on the one hand its being said that if Mark is responsible he must be brilliant for pulling off the perfect crime..

and then on the other hand said if Mark was responsible he would have made sure to close some of those holes to cover his tracks..

IMO the truth is that there is no perfect crime here committed by someone brilliant(tho stated repeatedly MUST BE THE CASE if we are to believe Mark is involved)..

The truth is that there are going to be holes, inconsistencies, and therefor traces of the crime that has been commited.. imo <modsnip> to believe that this average man would BE ABLE TO COVER HIS TRACKS AND ALL TRACES OF THE CRIME..

IMO <modsnip>STATING that its proof he's not involved due to the fact that these "holes" are present.. he is not a criminal mastermind and its exactly why these "holes" you speak of are left uncovered.. jmo.

Originally Posted by Allusonz
I don't believe all his belongings were gone, and I would not be thinking my child was abducted. I would be like most parents and think my child had gone to visit a friend.
So, is Mark Rediwne lying when he states that ALL OF HIS BELONGINGS WERE GONE?

Because that is it exactly what Mark Rediwne, himself states in the uncut interview.. he also goes on to state that he has a very difficult time believing that Dylan would have taken ALL OF HIS BELONGINGS with him to go spend the night with friends.(this issue and statement further referenced below with sources).

So, if Mark Redwine states this as fact(which he has) <modsnip>believe it to be fact?

Originally Posted by YidArmyRanch
For what its worth, here is my take on the rucksack.

He had a small rucksack when he got off the plane. It had his phone and charger in, and his ipod I think. It wasn't big enough to carry many clothes - it was the size of something a child takes to school - big enough to carry what is needed for the day.

That is what is missing - he only took with him what he would carry day to day, as far I as am aware.

Its not like a suitcase full of clothes was missing.
Well, IMO what's most important is that his father, Mark Redwine states that he had a really hard time believing that a kid would have taken all of the contents that was in Dylan's bag just to go spend the night at a friends...

furthermore he goes on to state that where specifically Dylan is concerned, that he KNOWS DYLAN..and that he knows Dylan would not have felt the need to take everything in his bag with him to spend the night at his friends(Mark Redwine made these statements of concern specifically regarding Dylan's having taken EVERYTHING with him in his bag to go spend the night with friends..this is stated in the KUSA uncut interview and the transcript of his stating this is posted by TxJan1971)

So, <modsnip> the fact is that it is Mark Redwine, himself that clearly states that he has a very difficult time with the fact that Dylan's bag and ALL OF ITS CONTENTS were taken..jmo.

After seeing a close up view of MR's kitchen table with paper/pens scattered about, I wouldn't see this as being a problem for Dylan! :rocker:

Trust me it's not a problem here either! I'm a teacher and we are all kind of arty, so I buy paper/pens/pencils constantly and in bulk :) It's the note writing concept that's foreign, which is what I was trying to get at in my own convoluted way.

updated timeline by Admin at FMDR under post facts as I know them.........

He did say it. I heard him, but I am talking about the context he said it in. We'll just have to wait and see. jmo :)

Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant to say, is I understand that sometimes shows cut things to make it seem like they are saying one thing, but it's actually something much different. (as in some people say that I...as you said) or really actually making the statement he appears to make. (and meaning it.)

I believe he did make the statement he appears to be making without qualifiers, rather than that it was taken out of context. (not trying to argue with you at all, just making sure my own point was clear)

Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant to say, is I understand that sometimes shows cut things to make it seem like they are saying one thing, but it's actually something much different. (as in some people say that I...as you said) or really actually making the statement he appears to make. (and meaning it.)

I believe he did make the statement he appears to be making without qualifiers, rather than that it was taken out of context. (not trying to argue with you at all, just making sure my own point was clear)

You were clear and I knew exactly what you meant. No problem. ty

Please, please understand that I was not at all saying that your posts about your kid was irrelevant. Not at all. I was just talking specifically about that one comment.

You said that your kids NEVER leave any notes, then you added that you NEVER came home to find them gone without telling you. So I was saying then that them not leaving any notes was irrelevant because they never did what Dylan apparently did that day. See what I meaN? :wave:

Dylan was only 13, and was visiting that home. It was not his usual home, and not his usual routine. And his closest friends house was 6 miles away. So it makes no sense that his Dad would just take a nap and assume all was fine. JMO

<modsnip>, he answered that way to the question from DP " Why are the cops still looking at you?"

And his answer INCLUDED the finger pointing at ER, apparently.

Glad to see I updated and intriguing <modsip>?

I am not really convinced that the family and/or Admin of the page are "clued in" by LE on much, if anything, that has not been made public. Assuming there is anything, of course.

Please, please understand that I was not at all saying that your posts about your kid was irrelevant. Not at all. I was just talking specifically about that one comment.

You said that your kids NEVER leave any notes, then you added that you NEVER came home to find them gone without telling you. So I was saying then that them not leaving any notes was irrelevant because they never did what Dylan apparently did that day. See what I meaN? :wave:

Dylan was only 13, and was visiting that home. It was not his usual home, and not his usual routine. And his closest friends house was 6 miles away. So it makes no sense that his Dad would just take a nap and assume all was fine. JMO

No problem :)

I do think however that this was possibly the norm for this family - Dylan enjoying doing boy stuff in general and maybe checking in later (as ER mentioned - letting her know where he had landed in the evening sounds like she may not have always been aware of his exact location in the hours prior to his call or text). I just get the feeling that arriving home and finding Dylan not there wasn't something that rang alarm bells. I would be worried, but if my kids were off with mates I would have known about it beforehand. I feel Dylan had more freedom to enjoy his environment - and heck that's one of the reasons people live in more rural or remote places - so their kids can grow up in a smaller community and enjoying a more unfettered lifestyle.

Maybe that concept is foreign to people who have only ever lived in cities? My boys spent their first 10 -13 years on a 5 acre property in the countryside, and I loved seeing them outside climbing trees, swimming in our creek, building forts in the bush etc.

IMO dad's place was one of Dylan's homes - he may have only visited once a month or so, but I doubt he was a stranger there. It sure sounds like he was known to the locals and had some sort of presence there.

Anyhoo we are all just theorising still :)

It must be wonderful living in a small town, being able to go places and not have the parents worry all the time that they are going to meet up with danger. My kids grew up in the city where we had to know where they were all the time.

What an idyllic life, to be able to climb trees, go to the river or lake or stream or pond nearby. Fish, hike, just be a kid with no worries.

I can see in that sort of backdrop where you wouldn't worry all the time where you child is. Especially if they have friends all over. What a great way to spend a childhood. IMO

The friends Dylan was eager to see were almost twenty miles away, not a nostalgic, blissful skip across a meadow.

Glad to see I updated and intriguing <modsnip>?

It was verified by a Press Release on Jan. 25, 2013 in the PRT.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1112

n a press release yesterday, Lt Ed Phippen, task force leader for the sheriff’s office, said tips are promptly checked, regardless of reliability and including several from psychics and mediums.
“We want to leave no stone unturned” he said.

Dylan flew from his home in Colorado Springs on Sunday, Nov. 18 to Durango for a court-ordered visit with his father.

An updated timeline for Dylan’s activities on Sunday Nov. 18 has been released:

5:46 p.m. Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 p.m. Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 p.m. Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37 p.m. Dylan’s last text to his friends
-----------------------------------------------------------
<modsnip>.

Glad to see I updated and intriguing <modsnip>?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-details-dylan-redwines-last-known-activities

( Officials revealed Thursday that Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport at 5:46 p.m.
Nov. 18; at 7:05 p.m., he was seen at a Durango Walmart;
at 7:22 p.m., he went to a Durango McDonald's; and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18.)

Interesting they used the time of 7:22 PM. Nothing that I've seen indicates McDonald's was actually verified, it's possible MR had a receipt from McDonald's time stamped, and that's how they came up with the 7:22 PM time.

The Dr. Phil clip was hard to watch. I hope that was a rare outburst by ER. Published for opportunistic sensationalism. If that was her demeanor throughout the program, she did herself no favors. Nor DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther