CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a search. Paraphrased - LE at lake questioning kids. Admin doesn't know what about.

I'm glad to hear publicly LE is doing some follow up. Heck, I'm glad to hear anything NEW in the search to FIND DYLAN!!!!!

Hypothetically, if you were 100% innocent and failed a polygraph, would you take another one? I personally would take a polygraph if my child went missing, but if I was 100% innocent and failed, I would no longer trust the process. I would not agree to a second test. I am not postulating this is what happened in MR's case. This is just something I have been thinking about. Especially when I think about Breeann Rodriguez and her parents. Just food for thought.

If I was innocent and was told I failed the first one, I would probably want to take another one. But if I were asked to take a second one, I think I would first speak with an attorney.

bringing this over from the previous thread, with Psychic Sleuth's reply in violet below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Louve View Post
The way this reads, it sounds to me like he is saying that for the visit in November he was able to book a non-stop flight for Dylan. But I still have not been able to confirm that there were any non-stop flights from Colorado Springs to Durango around Thanksgiving week last year. Right now there is one carrier, United, and all flights on that route go through Denver and require a change of planes.

Maybe it's a small thing, but for me it reinforces for me how vague and ambiguous his answers are to even simple questions. And that contributes to my being suspicious of him and his involvement with Dylan's disappearance.

I believe it was a straight flight with a stop in Denver. In other words, Dylan never got off or changed planes. They just make a brief stop and continue on to their destination. I've been on those and they do call it a direct flight if I recall.

I thought that's what he was trying to say too at first, but my limited sleuthing on the airline timetables does not support that belief. All the flights for Saturday prior to Thanksgiving week this year require a change of planes in Denver. So if there were no non-stop, no change of plane flights last year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving (the original date Dylan was going to fly) I'm asking myself why would MR even bring that up or outright lie about it? He doesn't actually finish the sentence.

And then it hit me while I was loading the dishwasher, what if the whole point of his rambling answer was to point out that he and ER disagreed over whether Dylan should be allowed to travel unaccompanied and change planes in Denver. IMO He took the question as an opportunity to throw in a cheap shot at ER.

BBM - I guess I took what MR said totally different. In my opinion, when MR talks about the layover issue, he is referring to the round trip flight in September. Not the one way November. I agree when discussing the September flight MR took the opportunity to throw ER under the bus. Only to make himself look better than ER. I didn't get the impression he was saying the Saturday November 2012 flight was a direct flight.

If I was innocent and was told I failed the first one, I would probably want to take another one. But if I were asked to take a second one, I think I would first speak with an attorney.

And an attorney would most likely advise you not to take it.

Honestly, I if were under suspicion about anything other than my child being missing and I took at LDT and failed KNOWING I WAS INNOCENT I would probably not take another one. But if my child were missing I would say give me 10 polygraphs if you need to. I don't care about me I ONLY CARE ABOUT FINDING MY CHILD!!! Honestly I would be so frantic to do whatever necessary to find my child that I really wouldn't care what people's or LE's suspicions were. I think most parents would give their life for their child. So giving two poly's to find my child I would do. I would tell them to do whatever they need to do to rule me out so they could move on and find my child.

Nick plays a lot more than Dora the Explorer-our main Nick channel doesn't even air Dora. I watch certain shows on Nick sometimes even when my nephews aren't around (I am 28 and shhhhh) so I am sort of offended by the Dora=Nick comparisons :p
Unless it came out that MR claimed he was watching Dora in which case I apologize.

But you could explain that in a normal human fashion . You dont agree to it and then get hung over :cow:

I would of respected him a lot more if he had not shown up after drinking heavily the night before and played games :cow:

If you dont want to take it be a man and just say "No"

I don't believe he "agreed" to it as such, I think he was pushed into it, almost forced to prove his innocence when he hasn't been formally accused of anything.

Could they be looking for the 2 boys supposedly seen by the mail lady?

I don't even know if the rumor that they were questioning kids is true. Anyway, we can't discuss it I don't think because it's from Facebook.

If my child was missing I would take all the poly's LE would need to clear me, that LE would be able to go after the real culprit full force.
Have I failed a poly I would ask LE to talk with me trough the sensitive areas. It could only be something like : are you responsible for the disappearance of your child? Maybe I could fail that question because I could feel some way responsible like: Maybe I made a mistake and didn't lock all the locks on the door for example. Or that I brought my child 10 minutes early somewhere because I had a meeting which I could not schedule for another time and now I feel guilty about it and that way I feel responsible.
In that case I would share my feelings with LE and would request to do another test formulating the question in another way, a way which would exclude my feelings above. I would do everything to make LE possible to clear me and to make them focus to all the other/real possibilities. I will pester them to question me!

Hypothetically, if you were 100% innocent and failed a polygraph, would you take another one? I personally would take a polygraph if my child went missing, but if I was 100% innocent and failed, I would no longer trust the process. I would not agree to a second test. I am not postulating this is what happened in MR's case. This is just something I have been thinking about. Especially when I think about Breeann Rodriguez and her parents. Just food for thought.

That's a very good point. It's not that uncommon for a person to fail, or have inconclusive results even if they're innocent. LE usually usually suggests to take another, but they cannot force them to take it. I'm not sure what I would do, that's one of those things that I can't be positive about unless it's happening. What I THINK vs. what I KNOW I would do are two different animals, as my grandpa used to say.

And an attorney would most likely advise you not to take it.

Honestly, I if were under suspicion about anything other than my child being missing and I took at LDT and failed KNOWING I WAS INNOCENT I would probably not take another one. But if my child were missing I would say give me 10 polygraphs if you need to. I don't care about me I ONLY CARE ABOUT FINDING MY CHILD!!! Honestly I would be so frantic to do whatever necessary to find my child that I really wouldn't care what people's or LE's suspicions were. I think most parents would give their life for their child. So giving two poly's to find my child I would do. I would tell them to do whatever they need to do to rule me out so they could move on and find my child.

Honestly, that would be my visceral inclination too.

But I would still call an attorney. I would have done that as soon as LE told me I "failed" or that the results were "inconclusive". But then I've worked as a paralegal for twenty years so maybe that's just me :)

I thought we established several threads back that there is more than one Nickelodeon channel, there are several and some are geared towards teens. There is no way of knowing which one in particular he was watching.

That's like saying someone was watching ESPN. Well maybe they were but were they watching NASCAR or Basketball or Soccer??? There is a difference. We don't know if they were watcing ESPN or ESPN2. Or if someone is watching Disney. Is that Disney Family or just plain Disney??? Nickelodeon is a catch all name for all Nickelodeon channels. IMO.

Except we never established whether MR even has multiple Nickelodeon channels. I would love to know of a cable company that offers multiple Nickelodeon channels in their most basic (cheapest) cable package. I would say, probably all of them make you buy an extension (pay more $$) for the other Nick channels, besides the regular one.

Has it ever been established that Dylan was watching "Dora The Explora"?

The quote taken from MR was "When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon".

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder

Dora the Explora is on Nick Jnr, yes aimed at preschoolers, but MR didn't say he was watching that channel.

There are plenty of programmes on Nickelodeon that a kid of Dylan's age would watch. My 12 and 13 year olds will still watch iCarly, Drake & Josh, Fairly Odd Parents and others.

Dora the Explorer was on the regular Nickelodeon channel.

The language Elaine used on the Dr Phil show really stood out to me "never been confirmed." I've posted about this before but that's a huge hole that seems like it should so easily be proven false. There shouldn't be anything basic like an eyewitness statement hanging out there as "unconfirmed" still, IMO.

I hope this isn't a case of LE not making good decisions. But then, this IS Colorado, home of poor little JonBenet who will never see justice because of LE incompetence. IMO.

Something I keep wondering about is this issue of the last occurrence of communication from Dylan's mobile on Sunday night around 9:30-something.

Has MR ever addressed this in a concrete, definitive way? Because if there were a logical explanation, like the phone died completely, wouldn't that have been known by MR that night, before he and Dylan went to sleep? I can't imagine Dylan having his lifeline to his friends fail him and not immediately making a big deal about it. And I can't imagine MR not bringing it into his account of the morning. Along the lines of "Dylan's phone died Sunday night so I told him we would go into Durango on Monday and get him a new one."

:waitasec:

Something I keep wondering about is this issue of the last occurrence of communication from Dylan's mobile on Sunday night around 9:30-something.

Has MR ever addressed this in a concrete, definitive way? Because if there were a logical explanation, like the phone died completely, wouldn't that have been known by MR that night, before he and Dylan went to sleep? I can't imagine Dylan having his lifeline to his friends fail him and not making a big deal about it. And I can't image MR not bringing it into his account of the morning. Along the lines of "Dylan's phone died Sunday night so I told him we would go into Durango on Monday and get him a new one."

:waitasec:

I was thinking about this last night too. Wouldn't it have helped Mark's alibi to say the phone wasn't working? Instead we get from Mark that he texted him in the morning and called and texted all afternoon, which to me says belief the phone was working.

The language Elaine used on the Dr Phil show really stood out to me "never been confirmed." I've posted about this before but that's a huge hole that seems like it should so easily be proven false. There shouldn't be anything basic like an eyewitness statement hanging out there as "unconfirmed" still, IMO.

I hope this isn't a case of LE not making good decisions. But then, this IS Colorado, home of poor little JonBenet who will never see justice because of LE incompetence. IMO.

There were a lot of behind the scenes shady stuff in the JonBenet case that stopped her from getting justice. Like the recent development that the Ramseys were indicted by the Grand Jury but the prosecutor decided not to go forward with it. Also, the FBI was not involved in JonBenet's case, and I haven't heard anything about LE in Dylan's case messing up as badly as the Boulder LE did when they had to secure the crime scene. So they might be the same state but I don't see Dylan not getting justice for the same reason as for why JonBenet didn't get justice.

From what we know today...

In my opinion - Explainable Events (meaning could have an easy explanation)
• Dylan did not visit friends Sunday because MR thought it was too late.
• Dylan liked McDonalds or didn't want to sit down with MR after being told no friends tonight.
• Dylan was too tired to wake up early Monday.
• Nickelodeon Channel.

In my opinion - Unexplainable Events (meaning hard to explain away)
• Electronic communication stopped at 9:37pm Sunday.
• If Dylan left the house on his own accord, he contacted no one.

I badly wish DP, MB or anyone that interviewed Mark would have asked him more specific questions about Sunday night. More about what MR witnessed regarding Dylan's cellphone or iPod activity that night. Was Dylan sleeping when MR went to bed at 10:30 and did Dylan have his phone or iPod in his hands. Straight up ask MR if he did anything to Dylan's phone.

I was thinking about this last night too. Wouldn't it have helped Mark's alibi to say the phone wasn't working? Instead we get from Mark that he texted him in the morning and called and texted all afternoon, which to me says belief the phone was working.

Unless he did somthing to the phone and thought that the calling and texting would help his alibi. (this is if he has done something to Dylan) I'm betting he didn't know a non smart phone could tracked by the pings it sends/last one sent out. I know I didn't know that until I read here. IMO, MOO

Unless he did somthing to the phone and thought that the calling and texting would help his alibi. (this is if he has done something to Dylan) I'm betting he didn't know a non smart phone could tracked by the pings it sends/last one sent out. I know I didn't know that until I read here. IMO, MOO

I think that is what happened. Mark thought by sending texts it would verify his version of events on Monday :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde