CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean? (from LE statement)

Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs

The "seeking links" sounds like they have a lot of information but need to find a bit more to tie (or link) it together from information they already have in there possession, and of course looking for additional tips/evidence.

But "determine additional evidence analysis needs"? Is that again saying they are looking for additional evidence to tie everything together, or are they referring strictly to analyzing the evidence they already have acquired?

I take it to mean determining whether or not some evidence should be retested, or reanalyzed, maybe sending it to a bigger lab that uses more sophisticated technology, perhaps.

IDK, they do like to talk in circles and it gets confusing.

What does this mean? (from LE statement)

Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs

The "seeking links" sounds like they have a lot of information but need to find a bit more to tie (or link) it together from information they already have in there possession, and of course looking for additional tips/evidence.

But "determine additional evidence analysis needs"? Is that again saying they are looking for additional evidence to tie everything together, or are they referring strictly to analyzing the evidence they already have acquired?

It makes me wonder if they had some item or items that they just held onto but now may begin analyzing. Which raises the question, what have they been waiting for.

I still think that the press release tells me that they have very little to go on. I understand that some see it as being directly focused in one direction, however, I just can't see it that way...to do so requires too many assumptions to suit me.

That plus the recent LE canvassing this past weekend that specifically asks for info regarding pedestrian and vehicle traffic coming north from CR 500 to 501 on Sunday night from 7 PM to Monday night at 7 PM. Not many people coming north to south except Mark (and whatever other random perp I'm not totally willing to exclude before y'all get worked up about it). Dylan on foot. Mark in the truck. Anything else would astonish me.

I am curious if people and businesses along 501 received a similar notice, but targeted to their area instead? The press release on 3/19 stated they were looking at both CR 500 and CR 501. I can see them assigning a group to canvass certain areas on different days. Just speculation of course...

I don't think they've narrowed it down to only CR 500 to the intersection at CR 501 - just that the flyer was for the canvassing of that neighborhood specifically. Of course, I could definitely be wrong - nothing is absolutely clear at this point.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

I don't see that the press release indicates that LE has little evidence to go on, only that they are missing some pieces to the puzzle, or that they even have all the pieces but need to tie them neatly together. It could also be that they will need to locate Dylan before they can proceed to an arrest.

I am definitely slanted in my opinions toward MR being the person that LE is looking at. But even hearing about evidence at all, actually strengthens those beliefs. What else could their evidence point to?? Evidence that Dylan was abducted? That evidence would be nearly impossible to come by imo. Evidence that Dylan went fishing and accidently fell into the lake? In other words, we know that LE is analyzing evidence - all other leads have gone nowhere, so it leads me to believe that the evidence is of MR's involvement and directed at the intent to indict him.

I don't see that the press release indicates that LE has little evidence to go on, only that they are missing some pieces to the puzzle, or that they even have all the pieces but need to tie them neatly together. It could also be that they will need to locate Dylan before they can proceed to an arrest.

I am definitely slanted in my opinions toward MR being the person that LE is looking at. But even hearing about evidence at all, actually strengthens those beliefs. What else could their evidence point to?? Evidence that Dylan was abducted? That evidence would be nearly impossible to come by imo. Evidence that Dylan went fishing and accidently fell into the lake? In other words, we know that LE is analyzing evidence - all other leads have gone nowhere, so it leads me to believe that the evidence is of MR's involvement and directed at the intent to indict him.

BBM

That's what I'm feeling at this point as well. That they want to get all of their "ducks in a row", so to speak, and make sure there isn't anyone out there with any other information they have been thus far silent about... Spring is coming and areas that couldn't be thoroughly searched in the winter months will be "open" again...

Like you said, and what LE stated in the past - they have puzzle pieces they are trying to fit together. It could be that LEOs believe they may have enough to arrest MR, but the DA wants them to hold off until he believes they have enough to actually bring this to trial (and/or until they locate DR). It would likely be extremely hard to win a case that was to charge MR with the death of DR when there is no profound or specific evidence at this point to verify if DR is alive (I still hope somehow...), or if he is indeed deceased (which I fear is the truth).

I don't see how anything we've been privy to hearing so far from anyone in regard to evidence (circumstantial or otherwise) that would point away from MR having been involved, and knowing more than he's willing to state - publicly or privately.

The only other idea I have at this point would be that LE would like to arrest MR in order to put the pressure on him a bit more in regard to questioning him. However, what they would charge him with in order to arrest him at this point, I really don't know. (I pray LE has evidence that may allow them to do this, and perhaps get a confession out of him if need be...). Ditto for any other search warrants they may want to execute.

I had a few other ideas as to some of the wording, but they are in regard to topics we are not allowed to discuss - at least for now... :censored:

It's frustrating not to know how close, or how far they are away from a pretty solid conclusion - with or without finding DR.

I am curious if people and businesses along 501 received a similar notice, but targeted to their area instead? The press release on 3/19 stated they were looking at both CR 500 and CR 501. I can see them assigning a group to canvass certain areas on different days. Just speculation of course...

I don't think they've narrowed it down to only CR 500 to the intersection at CR 501 - just that the flyer was for the canvassing of that neighborhood specifically. Of course, I could definitely be wrong - nothing is absolutely clear at this point.

It's an interesting question, but it seems like if they specified certain areas to persons within the specified geographical area, that would actually decrease the odds of getting sightings reported. Like if people down in Durango got a flyer asking if they saw something only in the town, they might not think about the drive they took up into the hill country that weekend.
I still think it was in response to MR's cow about whether it was 6 miles from his home to the intersection at 501, but just moo

snipped by me

I think they have lots of evidence, lots of things to look at. After all they conducted a long search at MR's home, took his trucks and other items. They searched ER's home, took computers that we know of. Yes, they have plenty to look at, to examine, but as yet they do not seem to have it anywhere close to tied together. Looking at pedestrian and vehicle traffic is an interesting choice of words, they didn't ask about MR's specific model of vehicle. That tells me they are still open and looking for additional clues and information, just like they state. Wanting them to be close to an arrest or an indictment does not make it so.

snipped by me

I think they have lots of evidence, lots of things to look at. After all they conducted a long search at MR's home, took his trucks and other items. They searched ER's home, took computers that we know of. Yes, they have plenty to look at, to examine, but as yet they do not seem to have it anywhere close to tied together. Looking at pedestrian and vehicle traffic is an interesting choice of words, they didn't ask about MR's specific model of vehicle. That tells me they are still open and looking for additional clues and information, just like they state. Wanting them to be close to an arrest or an indictment does not make it so.

BBM
Touche! That's certainly what I'm wanting to believe.

What I'd like to know is if MR did anything to Dylan, why he's still in town and not South of the Border?

Things have died down here a lot with the solution only being that MR was involved. Glad LE has a wider range of possibilities. JMO.

IMO the press release tells us what has been eliminated as a possibility. Dylan was not hanging with a local kid. The person looking for rentals has been located and checks out. LE's job is to eliminate the possibilities and then turn over to the DA what can't be eliminated. Usually, a POI will start to become clearer as possibilities are eliminated.

The presser tells me that MR has not been cleared and neither has the possibility of a random perp. IMO that is the story LE wants out there. They may have forensic evidence from the house back to prove Dylan was there. IMO rarely, does LE show any more evidence than is necessary to conduct its investigation. There are two reasons, they don't want to tip off the POI and they don't want to provide a future defense with all the evidence during the investigation. If a POI knows what they have their stories can be changed and evidence can be destroyed. They also tend to lawyer up and there goes any cooperation. Once a person is charged and discovery takes place the evidence is shared.

What I'd like to know is if MR did anything to Dylan, why he's still in town and not South of the Border?

Things have died down here a lot with the solution only being that MR was involved. Glad LE has a wider range of possibilities. JMO.

Well easier said than done to head south of the Border. If it was that simple many more perps would do it.

I don't think LE bases their range of possibilities on anything said here on WS.

MOO

I think we're in a sit and wait mode. I'm really not sure what is up and where LE is heading. I hope it's somewhere!

Look what happened to Peterson when he headed for the border!

My definite take was that LE has narrowed down a lot...what are the other possibilities you think they are focusing on after reading the latest press release?

IMO the press release tells us what has been eliminated as a possibility. Dylan was not hanging with a local kid. The person looking for rentals has been located and checks out. LE's job is to eliminate the possibilities and then turn over to the DA what can't be eliminated. Usually, a POI will start to become clearer as possibilities are eliminated.

The presser tells me that MR has not been cleared and neither has the possibility of a random perp. IMO that is the story LE wants out there. They may have forensic evidence from the house back to prove Dylan was there. IMO rarely, does LE show any more evidence than is necessary to conduct its investigation. There are two reasons, they don't want to tip off the POI and they don't want to provide a future defense with all the evidence during the investigation. If a POI knows what they have their stories can be changed and evidence can be destroyed. They also tend to lawyer up and there goes any cooperation. Once a person is charged and discovery takes place the evidence is shared.

What if the suspect (as yet none are named) is one of the children Dylan was seen with or another youth from the community? Do you think that LE would lead the public away from examining that possibility? I agree a POI is not likely to be formally notified and a minor would present even more reasons for caution in the wording of a press release. And before anyone jumps all over me, I do not have a firm theory about this being the case and I surely don't want it to be, but I can't rule it out based on the facts and information available. LE will manipulate not only suspects, but the public in its quest for the truth.

I think LE received A LOT of information from the complete, unedited tape of the Dr. Phil show. I think LE may have received a whole new pool of people to interview (even though LE was aware before; I think Mark's reactions/non-reactions may have also helped the investigation). There also may be people talking to LE (perhaps LE has started to lean hard on some friends of Mark's).

The press release reinforced my belief that Mark is a liar. We also don't know what Mark said totally off camera to Dr. Phil or his crew members.

I don't think Mark's ego/personality will let him "run south of the border". I personally believe he likes to cause Elaine/Cory pain and enjoys watching things play out. He acts as if he is above the law.

I still think Mark is somehow involved in Dylan's disappearance.

JMO

On a "not to be named" social media site there are pictures of the lake melting......

Especially the north end

Spring is coming

What if the suspect (as yet none are named) is one of the children Dylan was seen with or another youth from the community? Do you think that LE would lead the public away from examining that possibility? I agree a POI is not likely to be formally notified and a minor would present even more reasons for caution in the wording of a press release. And before anyone jumps all over me, I do not have a firm theory about this being the case and I surely don't want it to be, but I can't rule it out based on the facts and information available. LE will manipulate not only suspects, but the public in its quest for the truth.

Did I miss something? Who was Dylan seen with?

The postal worker said she saw two boys & one of the two was suppose to be Dylan, this has been ruled out after LE talked to both boys & no doubt ck'd them out, etc. BBM above, I am not going to jump all over you lol, I don't understand what facts & information available that leads you to believe one or both the boys could be suspects. What facts? They were on foot. Seriously, if they did something to Dylan, why do you think he hasn't been found?

The postal worker said she saw two boys & one was Dylan, this has been ruled out after LE talked to both boys & no doubt ck'd them out, etc. BBM above, I am not going to jump all over you lol, I don't understand what facts & information available that leads you to believe one or both the boys could be suspects. What facts? They were on foot. Seriously, if they did something to Dylan, why do you think he hasn't been found?

They were never seen with Dylan. The Postal lady saw TWO boys walking together and both have been identified and neither was Dylan.

Mark should have lawyered up by now. Just to protect his hide against all the carp that's been going around. He should never have done Dr. Phil. That was not about getting Dylan's name and face out to the public as much as it was to expose the family dysfunction. I wonder how many viewers came away from it thinking: "The kid probably ran away, I wouldn't blame him if he did after all that going on in his life." IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther