CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm a complete bully then. Casey Anthony was acquitted by a jury and I'm still convinced she's guilty as sin, and anything but a victim. :moo:

I'm here to investigate information and decide who I think might be involved. Yep, I want to play detective. As long as LE appears to be investigating and suspicious of MR, I will be too! :moo::moo::moo:

Don't forget about all those "unnamed, cooperating" perps that had the cuffs slapped on them the day after a press release stating what good boys and girls they are! :floorlaugh:

Happens all the time...and there are reasons for that! :yes:

I guess I'm a complete bully then. Casey Anthony was acquitted by a jury and I'm still convinced she's guilty as sin, and anything but a victim. :moo:

I'm here to investigate information and decide who I think might be involved. Yep, I want to play detective. As long as LE appears to be investigating and suspicious of MR, I will be too! :moo::moo::moo:

You're not the only one convinced that Casey Anthony is guilty, IMO that case is a prime example of how a crucial piece of evidence was overlooked by the very people that should have been checking every single thing. IIRC a WS member who found that evidence by requesting freedom of information regarding the internet searches that had been made, unfortunately it was after CS was acquitted.

Some cases really polarize peoples opinions, having an opinion does not necessarily make a person a bully.

But wasn't the assertion just that in the last press release it was not stated that MR is cooperating? She linked that.

If you went back through to count how many press releases there were in total and how many stated MR is cooperating, that would not be relevant to her assertion I don't think. She just found it significant that such a statement was omitted from the last release, I believe. I could be wrong. I happen to think it's significant, but it's just an opinion.

I think that was the assertion followed by a link? JMO

You're right! I went back and re-read the post. I misinterpreted it. Thank you, song.

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*

Mark's behaviors, activities from the 18th and 19th are under investigation.

The latest press release says nothing about "cooperation".

Does anyone recall the last time time LE has said Mark is "cooperating"? I know we had this discussion awhile back.

JMO

U/BBM

Wordsmithing by LE?

as the song goes

ya gotta know when to hold them...

:twocents:

Absolutely correct! Having an opinion does not make one a bully. Actions do! I was recently reading about "collective narcissism" and bullying behavior in groups. Polarization can be overcome if the goal is kept in sight. I don't know anyone but the perpetrator who doesn't want Dylan found.

So when does it transform from "having an opinion" to a bullying "action"? Is stating or asserting an opinion a bullying action? I am not being snarky or trying to pick a fight. I'm honestly wanting to know your opinion. Is all speculation about the involvement of an individual without a certain threshold of evidence bullying? What is that thresh-hold? Is sleuthing in general an ethically questionable activity bordering on bullying? I don't think so.

I would definitely consider myself a defender of the marginalized and the bullied. I have raised my children with those values. Also, being a Mennonite I am in a culture with very radicalized ideas about forgiveness and reconciliation, which I also believe. I have definitely seen bullying of MR, bullying of ER and family and bullying of Dylan (there are terrible facebook pages). But I don't consider sleuthing MR or being suspicious of MR to be bullying. JMO

Absolutely correct! Having an opinion does not make one a bully. Actions do! I was recently reading about "collective narcissism" and bullying behavior in groups. Polarization can be overcome if the goal is kept in sight. I don't know anyone but the perpetrator who doesn't want Dylan found.

Also, EVERYONE needs to guard against collective narcissism, bullying behaviors, and another often used term--confirmation bias.

I don't think that it would be true that those who accuse MR are the only ones at risk of those hazards of group think. You haven't said so, but sometimes it feels like that is the argument.

I also believe it is important to be wary of the crowd or the majority. There are so many examples in history of the dangers of going along with the majority. But that doesn't mean that the majority is always wrong or that if a large group of people believe something to be true that they are all sheep and aren't thinking hard enough.

Many people find MR's behavior suspicious. That does not mean we are all sheep or trapped by un-reflective group-think on the matter. Minority groups can also risk the same dangerous tendencies. There is also the danger of thinking that if a person takes the unpopular position that they are automatically more rigorous in their pursuit of truth. It is, each of us, our own responsibility to think carefully and honestly. JMO

I posted again here -

I misinterpreted your post. Please disregard my request. :blushing:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I was typing my response and then my post got posted on the next page and I didn't see your response. :facepalm:

No problem.....it's hard when the thread moves fast :blushing:

So when does it transform from "having an opinion" to a bullying "action"? Is stating or asserting an opinion a bullying action? I am not being snarky or trying to pick a fight. I'm honestly wanting to know your opinion. Is all speculation about the involvement of an individual without a certain threshold of evidence bullying? What is that thresh-hold? Is sleuthing in general an ethically questionable activity bordering on bullying? I don't think so.

I would definitely consider myself a defender of the marginalized and the bullied. I have raised my children with those values. Also, being a Mennonite I am in a culture with very radicalized ideas about forgiveness and reconciliation, which I also believe. I have definitely seen bullying of MR, bullying of ER and family and bullying of Dylan (there are terrible facebook pages). But I don't consider sleuthing MR or being suspicious of MR to be bullying. JMO

I can't make that determination for anyone but myself. I don't want to bully anyone; I do want to have an opinion same as everyone else.

collective narcissism is an interesting thing, sometimes people can be both individually and collectively narcissistic, I saw a prime example of that associated with the Jessica Ridgeway case. The actions certainly didn't match the words and I've seen eerily similar things with this case.

polarisation is not something that needs to be overcome, it comes from listening, learning, investigating, using logic, reasoning and common sense. I would be concerned if the vast majority had no opinion one way or the other or if they allowed the views of one person to blinker them.

Finding Dylan is the primary goal and that means we need to keep peopel conversing and thinking, unfortunately that has been stymied on a number of occasions in various places.

I am going to be the LAST WORD on this subject here. I don't want it to derail the thread. Song22 - this is not directed to you specifically, just using your post as a jumping off spot.

It becomes bullying when another responds to the post without reading the post carefully or just to make a comment. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. But not allowing another to express their opinion is.

When posts become all about "you" (even a general you) then the focus is lost and the discussion becomes about each other and not the missing person, the case becomes polarized, and progress is stilted.

Don't talk about each other, don't respond in a personal manner. Read the opinion, ask questions, agree or disagree respectfully, or move past the post.

Salem

I can't remember where, but somewhere I read an unofficial or unauthorized profile of a kidnapper who could have taken Dylan. It listed an age range for the suggested male perpetrator and mentioned things like the perp would be within so many miles, maybe buying youth clothing or a game system. IIRC correctly the author described the perp maybe having a change in routine, purchasing food that is uncharacteristic in an attempt to placate Dylan. Do any of you remember reading this anywhere? I'm sure it wasn't MSM, but thought perhaps a discussion might elaborate behaviors a perp be engaging in. How would Dylan be different today? May he have hit a growth spurt and be taller, voice deeper? If uncut, his hair would be grown out significantly after 4 plus months.

I can work with this kind of speculation as it's a line of speculation I have considered before. I was thinking about kidnapping in general, why would someone kidnap a kid Dylan's age, and aside from someone who may have recently lost a child the same age as Dylan, and aside from being a non-family abduction, of course sexual predators came to my mind. I was thinking that if a sexual predator was out scouring isolated areas for victims then it would kind of tell me the predator would be one of a cautious and meticulous nature. It's very possible this offender may not be an RSO, meaning while they are a pedophile they may have never been caught due to patience and calculation(hunting for a victim in low traffic areas not to be caught shows that they can somewhat control their impulses rather than allowing them to rule their actions.) Did they search each and every cabin/house surrounding the entire lake? Is it possible this person could be so cautious to have a "hidden" room within their home and that they do live in the area on a full time basis?

Mark is a grown man, albeit one who seems to have a history of doing a little "bullying" himself, at least when it comes to wives. I can't expend energy worrying about him or his feelings, as long as lines are not crossed and he is not physically attacked without provocation.

There have been WAY too many mod warnings in this thread the past two days. And the problems continue. The thread is going to be closed for awhile and we will be increasing the time outs again when it reopens. If anyone is having trouble staying focused, then I have one suggestion:

26400-w4EYmgif-Dx96.gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/26400-w4EYmgif-Dx96.gif

This thread is reopening.

Members are expected to treat each other respectfully. If you can't do that, then don't post here.

If you are coming here to bait, harrass or bully other posters, please think twice about such activity. At mod discretion, a poster determined to be posting in this case for no other reason, except to bait, harrass or bully will lose posting privileges in this case and their account will be sent to Management for review and a possible loss of all posting privileges.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact a Mod through the private messaging system.

Well I just happened to be here to come crashing through the doors as soon as they opened! :blushing:

It may not be related to Dylan's case at all, but the arrest of the SO deputy is worth throwing into the mix for discussion at least :

Durango Herald, April 11

Well I just happened to be here to come crashing through the doors as soon as they opened! :blushing:

It may not be related to Dylan's case at all, but the arrest of the SO deputy is worth throwing into the mix for discussion at least :

Durango Herald, April 11

:what: How sad. Geesh.

I have a half formed opinion of my own but I like to hear the opinion of others. I just don't like to be put down for my opinion. MOO

For those who say MR never, EVER did one thing to find his child:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9039486&postcount=33"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY***[/ame]

JMO and all that, but I will take my leave from this DR forum now. I don't want to disrupt this forum anymore than I have.

I will 100% go back to search IF it is LE approved. I live in NM and we have a state law that says what we can/cannot do. I will abide with my own state's law: http://www.nmsarc.org/home/SAR_plan.html

I wish all those that love/care about DR the BEST along with his entire family.

I continue to pray that DR is found. Peace to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti