CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a child a missing, I cannot imagine a parent seeing anything other than the saintly side of him.

I understand that, but the view may color perception to the point that the parents' belief's about what the child may or may not do could become inaccurate and unreliable for investigators. Bias in favor of the "good" side could actually hinder efforts. This is probably not intentional, like I said, I meant no offence to anyone with that observation. Bias about a child on the opposite side of the spectrum could have the same effect--hindering. Thankfully, LE gets a broad picture by interviewing friends as well as family.

It is fine that you support Mark that is your view and opinion and I respect that. I also respect the people that support Elaine. Everyone's view's and opinions do not have to be the same. This world would be very boring if everybody was the same and WS would not be here if we all had the same opinions.

I don't understand why we have to be divided into "supporters." I'm not a Mark supporter. <modsnip>. I don't support ER and I don't support MR. I support truth, justice, and Dylan.

STOP IT!

Do not bring info from the members' only area to the public thread. That is against TOS.

Do NOT read info into posts that is not there.

Sometimes I think you guys just wait for someone to say something so you can jump on it and start a :pillowfight:

Please read what is written. Then if it truly warrants an outraged response, ALERT IT! Let us look at it. Don't just go off on some tangent.

Many of you are on the same side and don't even know it, because you are reading through filters, instead of reading to gain info and insight on how to find Dylan, kwim?

Salem

IMO... It's past the point of MR taking another polly. To me it shows how little he thinks of Dylan. He isn't out searching and yes I do know this for a fact and no you will not see it in any msn. He at one point says why wasn't the lake searched sooner, then it's why are they searching the lake, then it's, I'm going to search the lake with Wendy.

Elaine is out there searching, calling dive companies, calling HRD dog handlers, grieving for her little boy who isn't home to hug her. They are very close. She has always been very close to her kids.

It has been interesting seeing what people have to say, on fmdr, who are just now seeing Dr. Phil and are just now hearing of Dylan.

Moo, IMO, JMO

MR said when he asked Dylan Sunday evening how he liked his new school, Dylan told him he was upset because he wasn’t allowed to enroll in the football program and Mark chastised the school for doing that to his son.

However, Elaine told MB that although Dylan liked to toss the football around with his friends and brother, he didn’t want to play football because he didn’t want to get tackled and hurt. Elaine said Dylan enjoyed playing baseball and his former coach said Dylan was passionate about baseball and one of the best players in the league.

After hearing ER’s comments about how Dylan felt about football, I doubt he wanted to join the school football team in CS.

Melissa Blasius:
He likes sports, especially baseball, right?

Elaine Redwine:
He loves sports, I mean, that was… him and his brothers, you know… they… He loved throwing the football around with his brother. He didn’t necessarily like playing… I mean… he liked to play football… he wasn’t just … he just wasn’t all that big on the tackling… the pain… umm… so he… really enjoyed baseball and really enjoyed playing baseball.

……/page 3 / moo

Do you think MR pulled the story of Dylan not being able to try out for football out of his arse? It had to come from somewhere, right?

Also, most middle schools don't have baseball as an option to play for the school.

I have to wonder if these words of Dylan not wanting to play because the pain and tackling is what ER wanted to hear. I can't see any boy openly saying they don't want to play football because it may hurt. MOO

I don't understand why we have to be divided into "supporters." I'm not a Mark supporter. <modsnip>. I don't support ER and I don't support MR. I support truth, justice, and Dylan.

We don't. Looking for the truth and looking for clues to find Dylan are all that really matter.

Salem

I understand that, but the view may color perception to the point that the parents' belief's about what the child may or may not do could become inaccurate and unreliable for investigators. Bias in favor of the "good" side could actually hinder efforts. This is probably not intentional, like I said, I meant no offence to anyone with that observation.

I understand what you are saying here. Other factors would have to be weighed by LE, I would think. I am not LE, so do not know how they do that. But on a personal level, I would look at the child's friends and activities. (For example, are they known gang members or have criminal records? If that were the case, then it seems LE would have to consider that the parent may be turning a blind eye to the child's potentially risky behavior.) As just a lay person, I look at the glimpse we have Dylan's friends and see a group of kids involved in wholesome activities. I see pictures of Dylan swimming, hanging out at what looks like a farm, petting animals, playing baseball. So, although EH might paint him in an even more glowing light than others, risky behavior doesn't seem likely. _______moo

RSBMFE

Usually, LE would release a description of the items missing. That would be difficult to do, if most of his items were still at the house.

As for searching, Dylan could be anywhere. I don't mean limited to just the Vallecito area. People jumped to a conclusion, which has directly affected Dylan being found.

I made a post sometime back, that if they continued down the route they were travelling and were wrong, the only person this would affect would be Dylan, and I was right.

I have not even seen a concerted effort to get flyers out to neighbouring states.

With all due respect, I don't think we know whether you were correct, as we do not have a conclusion.

Thank you. If wish that members here can allow other members to take the middle ground. For some reason that is difficult for some. Why, I have no idea. But I'm getting tired of being put down for being on the fence in this case.

Why can't I post my opinion with out having to explain everything that Mark should have or could have done? I feel that is not being fair.

Do you think MR pulled the story of Dylan not being able to try out for football out of his arse? It had to come from somewhere, right?

Also, most middle schools don't have baseball as an option to play for the school.

I have to wonder if these words of Dylan not wanting to play because the pain and tackling is what ER wanted to hear. I can't see any boy openly saying they don't want to play football because it may hurt. MOO

I actually do believe he pulled that story out of his arse. And I have known many 'smaller' boys who have not wanted to play tackle football. And they said why. It is not that unusual.

Mark has said a lot of things that I think are untrue. So I do not take his football story as gospel either.

Thank you. If wish that members here can allow other members to take the middle ground. For some reason that is difficult for some. Why, I have no idea. But I'm getting tired of being put down for being on the fence in this case.

Why can't I post my opinion with out having to explain everything that Mark should have or could have done? I feel that is not being fair.

All members are entitled to express their own opinions. We are a WS family and should support and respect all our members opionins and views.

So let's find clues to bring Dylan home.

This is a discussion board so if someone posts their opinion, imo, it is open for discussion. Right?

I do not see any one being put down for being on the fence. I do see people opening things up for discussion. I do not see why it is unfair to ask questions.

I actually do believe he pulled that story out of his arse. And I have known many 'smaller' boys who have not wanted to play tackle football. And they said why. It is not that unusual.

Mark has said a lot of things that I think are untrue. So I do not take his football story as gospel either.

How would he (MR) even know that Dylan wasn't able to try out because of the timing if it didn't come up in some way?

I guess since Texas is a big football Friday Night Lights kind of place, our kids are bred to play football, so IMO, that's just weird to hear a boy say something like that. I can see saying not wanting to play because they just aren't into it, but because they're afraid of pain and tackling, well that's just blasphemy here.

BBM: I am not saying this is true, but what if Dylan said that to Mark to explain why he didn't join the football team? Maybe Dylan pulled it out of his...ahem... to cover for his fear of playing football, to save face with his father? It could have depended on whether his father expected him to play or not. There are various reasons the football story could have come to pass, not all having to do with Dylan actually wanting to play.

I will have to disagree that "most" middle schools don't have baseball as an option to play for the school. It probably depends on the area, as most middle schools in our area DO have a baseball team.

And my son WON'T play football because he says "Why would anyone want to play a game where someone is TRYING to hurt you?" (He's a Track kind of guy) So, to each his own.

How would he (MR) even know that Dylan wasn't able to try out because of the timing if it didn't come up in some way?

I guess since Texas is a big football Friday Night Lights kind of place, our kids are bred to play football, so IMO, that's just weird to hear a boy say something like that. I can see saying not wanting to play because they just aren't into it, but because they're afraid of pain and tackling, well that's just blasphemy here.

My son said the exact same thing and went on to play Hockey instead. He is smaller, like Dylan, and hated getting tackled by big beefy kids. But he was quick on his skates so he avoided getting smashed like he did in football.

We don't know if there is any truth to the story about not signing up in time or if maybe Dylan made it up to please his father. Who knows.

What heartens me is that so many people are still following the case or are back again. That they have such strong feelings. That the conversation is lively. Who knows? Maybe one little comment could spark a lead for LE or for a Websleuther (is that a word?) that would bring Dylan home. So I'm ok if someone feels strongly about what I say (for or against.) The mods will keep us on the straight and narrow.

I remember my brother at about Dylan's age saying, "Football is stupid". The translation was: I don't want to get smashed and bashed. We all knew what the issue was. I don't think my mother would have said the truth out loud. Have to preserve the male (even young) dignity.

BBM: I hope you don't mind, I'm dying on the floor here....:floorlaugh: Just shows how life is different different places.

This is a discussion board so if someone posts their opinion, imo, it is open for discussion. Right?

I do not see any one being put down for being on the fence. I do see people opening things up for discussion. I do not see why it is unfair to ask questions.

Are you saying that my feelings are unfounded? That makes me feel even more discouraged.

I don't like being labeled and I don't like people wanting me to explain every single word or action that Mark Redwine say's or does just because I take the middle ground.

BBM: I hope you don't mind, I'm dying on the floor here....:floorlaugh: Just shows how life is different different places.

So true. Here is Southern California, boys are much more into surfing and skateboarding than football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500