CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
MR has consistently said that he thought on that first day that maybe Dylan had gone to go fishing with his friend T who lives at the lake.

I don't recall MR ever saying he thought maybe Dylan had gone to go fishing alone.

:cow:

Wish list:

- pictures of Dylan from 2012 with confirmed dates on them, in chronological order, in a photo album

- pictures of Dylan's hoodie from the manufacturer/brand website, if none are available with him wearing it

- pictures of Dylan's shoes he was wearing from the manufacturer/brand website, if none are available with him wearing them

- pictures of Dylan's backpack from the manufacturer/brand website, if none are available with him wearing/carrying it where it can be seen clearly

- all the fighting to stop, or at least tone down a few hundred decibels, and people to work on finding Dylan. Two directions are needed to find Dylan, as they are for most missing children - people to search for his body, and people to get his picture out even more widely so he can be searched for alive.

- that everybody who reads this will print a copy of Dylan's flyer and give it to somebody in their area, and ask them to keep an eye out for him, and call the police if they see a child who may be him. Dylan's flyer: http://www.durangolaplatacrimestoppers.org/Pictures/Reward Poster - Dylan Redwine 04-11-13(1).pdf

ETA

- confirmed brand and model number of Dylan's phone

- pictures of Dylan's phone from the manufacturer/brand website

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...an-redwine-criminal-investigation-new-photos/

This article has a close up of the hat and details the shoes pretty clearly. I think I once found the shoes on Nike's website with these details. Will try again. I like this wishlist. Gets back to the concrete details of who, what, when and where.

I am glad Trist. hasn't spoken to the press, I think he is an important witness now and perhaps in the future (if a case ever goes to court) for LE to how good of friends they were, how they would get to get together, what they would do and what method they communicated. When was the last time they spoke or hung out together. I think all those are important details that they no doubt have asked.

BBM:

This comes from:

Direct quote from MR from his 1:1 interview with M. Blasius:

MR:
We were inseparable. I mean… anywhere I was he was right there beside me. You know, He would come to me before he would go to his mom. You know... I think in many ways that was part of the problems that developed in our relationship was because while she was out earning a career, it was very difficult for her to lose sight of the fact that she wasn’t there bonding with Dylan the way I was and I think that that was a huge problem for her. And I think that that has been a problem for her for a long time now.

Link: Melissa Blasius Interview - Media Timeline Thread

[snipped for space..]
Hope this is helpful.

When I read this quote from him, I see him projecting his OWN issues on ER. I think HE was the one that had a huge problem, which was that his son had a closer bond with his mom than with him. JMO

Dylan was not returning Mark's texts or his calls, and was living with his MOM. So the statement above makes no sense. And I think it is a vital clue to the underlying trigger and or 'motive'.

MR has consistently said that he thought on that first day that maybe Dylan had gone to go fishing with his friend T who lives at the lake.

I don't recall MR ever saying he thought maybe Dylan had gone to go fishing alone.

He talked about him going to the river all alone. And he talked about him going to the campground, which I believe is along the riverbank, all alone. IIRC

Yes, you got a sense of the context of what she said. I did too, although it took some work. I get the same sense of context from things MR says and it too takes some work. It requires stepping out of what I "think" of these two parents, because at least for me, neither of them inspires blind loyalty. Both are irritating and to me, both are upset, aggrieved and lost about the disappearance of their son.

Dylan looks to have left his father's house under his own power. Something happened after that. What? What happened to Dylan Redwine? I do not believe MR knows, in spite of all his faults.

BBM

What is it that makes it look like he left under his own power?

And on the other hand EH has consistently maintained that Dylan would not take off on his own to go fishing with a backpack in the cold for nearly 6 miles to meet up with that friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=AZHEjW_PowE
NOT A SOCK!

I think that there is the possibility that he took off on his own with his backpack to get away, and has nothing to do with fishing! JMO

BBM

What is it that makes it look like he left under his own power?

Excellent question. I defer, again, to the March press release:
"Investigators continue to seek information and evidence from the public to determine whether something happened to Dylan at the home or whether he somehow left the home and something happened to him away from the home. "

That "somehow" gets me every time.

He talked about him going to the river all alone. And he talked about him going to the campground, which I believe is along the riverbank, all alone. IIRC

And on the other hand EH has consistently maintained that Dylan would not take off on his own to go fishing with a backpack in the cold for nearly 6 miles to meet up with that friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=AZHEjW_PowE
NOT A SOCK!

Yes I recall those things. I don't recall MR saying he thought Dylan may have gone fishing alone to the lake.

I don't associate MR's river and campground and rock wall comments with fishing, since I don't recall MR ever speaking of them together with fishing. Only the lake and Dylan's friend T.

It's a moot point to me anyway, because MR never made a big deal of it. Others, yes. MR, no.

At this point, it just doesn't matter (to me). I don't believe Dylan's in the lake. I don't even know why I bothered posting about it. My apologies.

I'll respectfully bow out of the conversation.

All my opinion.

Almost every boy I see around Dylan's age and description makes me think about Dylan...has that happened with any of you guys? You see a random kid riding his bike, etc, and you think of Dylan? I seem to be constantly doing double takes...it all seems so unfair...

I think I kind of freaked a kid out once. He was sitting alone, hanging onto his skateboard, waiting for his order from Wendy's. He looked just like Dylan. [ at first, anyway.] And I kept looking at him, standing closer, even after I got my order. But when he walked by and looked me straight in the eyes, it wasn't him, but he looked at me weirdly, wondering why I kept staring at him. :angel:

Okay Cheese- this is my best guess for Dylan's shoes. Can't find any pics other than the Walmart one with him wearing them, but this is as close a match as I can find and these shoes were sold in 2011-2012.

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2010/07/06/nike-dunk-low-blackwhite-black/

ETA: Can't find pics on nike site since they are not manufactured/sold any longer. Collector sites abound with images!

Yes I recall those things. I don't recall MR saying he thought Dylan may have gone fishing alone to the lake.

I don't associate MR's river and campground and rock wall comments with fishing, since I don't recall MR ever speaking of them together with fishing. Only the lake and Dylan's friend T.

It's a moot point to me anyway, because MR never made a big deal of it. Others, yes. MR, no.

At this point, it just doesn't matter (to me). I don't believe Dylan's in the lake. I don't even know why I bothered posting about it. My apologies.

I'll respectfully bow out of the conversation.

All my opinion.

I do have one question. Where do you think the fishing pole is now?

Okay Cheese- this is my best guess for Dylan's shoes. Can't find any pics other than the Walmart one with him wearing them, but this is as close a match as I can find and these shoes were sold in 2011-2012.

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2010/07/06/nike-dunk-low-blackwhite-black/

ETA: Can't find pics on nike site since they are not manufactured/sold any longer. Collector sites abound with images!

My wish is for confirmed pics of Dylan's shoes, like confirmed by his family to be the correct style.

Thank you for trying to grant one of my wishes though. :) I do appreciate it, rebeccaeee.

I keep coming back to premeditated. I wander away from it from time to time. But I never wander away from MR being involved anymore.

You know I'm somewhat the opposite. Not on premed. But on MR . At first I was 90% convinced he was involved, but the more time goes by the less likely I think his involvement. I've got no science or real hard facts to back that up . I just wonder could a guy like him continue on with this charade this long if he's involved and I think he would be getting worse off not better, as far as manic and weird behavior. I could be totally wrong and wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is involved, but I'm just leaning more towards NOT involved the longer it goes on. Now I'm at probably less than 50% he's involved, which is still a lot.

You know I'm somewhat the opposite. Not on premed. But on MR . At first I was 90% convinced he was involved, but the more time goes by the less likely I think his involvement. I've got no science or real hard facts to back that up . I just wonder could a guy like him continue on with this charade this long if he's involved and I think he would be getting worse off not better, as far as manic and weird behavior. I could be totally wrong and wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is involved, but I'm just leaning more towards NOT involved the longer it goes on. Now I'm at probably less than 50% he's involved, which is still a lot.

I don't think keeping up a charade for 6 months (or longer) is unusual at all. There's many people out there who are suspected in a crime yet they never break down and confess. Claiming that a mysterious person is involved is not difficult to do, especially when the alternative is decades (or a lifetime) in prison.

I keep coming back to premeditated. I wander away from it from time to time. But I never wander away from MR being involved anymore.

Mark told MB Dylan didn’t communicate with him after he dropped him off in CS after their vacation ended and Dylan started school on the 21st of August. Mark said the next time he saw Dylan was at the custody hearing near the end of September yet Elaine said Dylan visited his father on Labor Day weekend which is at the start of September.

Anyway, Mark said he texted Dylan at least once a week after he moved to CS but Dylan didn’t respond so I too wonder what Mark’s text messages said. Obviously if Dylan isn’t texting his father, Mark wouldn’t know exactly where Dylan was and what he was doing but when Dylan lived in Bayfield, Mark said he kept close tabs on Dylan and that was important to him iirc.

Elaine told NG Dylan knew if he didn’t use his cell phone to let her know where he was at all times, she would confiscate it but apparently this rule did not apply when Dylan didn’t respond to his father’s text messages. Mark did not discuss this with Elaine before Dylan visited his father in November afaik so I wonder if Mark was agitated and dealt with this problem in his own way when Dylan came to visit him.

As soon as Dylan arrived in Durango he responded to his mother’s text message because of the agreement they had but because he didn’t respond to her next two messages, their agreement which kept them close in the past, was now broken. Imo, Mark didn’t allow Dylan to go to Bayfield Sunday night and he was kept from communicating with his mother either because Mark didn’t want Elaine to be able to communicate with Dylan because he didn't respond to his messages for 3 months and/or Mark wanted to punish Dylan for not communicating with him but this is only speculation.

Why Dylan wouldn’t use his cell phone to communicate with his mother after he arrived at Mark’s house is a mystery and I’m not convinced Dylan texted from Mark’s house after the movie ended based on the obscure and convoluted information that’s been released.

MOO

Thanks for the link. But I do think that MR is the best source of Dylan's behavior at MR's house. ER didn't ever live there, she describes it as remote/isolated and I can see Dylan behaving differently in that environment than he did in Bayfield or Monument where social activities are easier to access.

Also, when was the last time ER took Dylan fishing? Growing up fishing all my life, at younger ages around 7-8 I would be excited to go but would quickly grow bored, by the time I was Dylan's age, I did enjoy it and could actually spend hours doing it. As kids get older, their patience grows and fishing is definitely an activity that requires patience. Of course your point is great too and thinking back to the Christmas Video, for some reason he chose to leave that behind for this "lengthy" trip, when he could have brought it. So, IMO, he had ideas of what he would be doing there that didn't involve gaming.

Given the animosity of these two parents, I wonder if EH didn't block MR's number from Dylan's phone. This is a possible explanation for Dylan not returning text messages to his father.

If anyone chooses to research this possibility, remember that Dylan has Verizon cell service presumably attached to his mother's account. A blocked text message goes into the airwaves and the sender never gets any kind of notice and the receiver never does either. Only an account manager could block or unblock a number from a phone with Dylan being totally unaware. Phone calls are different and Verizon has a standard message that the blocked person gets when they attempt to call. I'm sure someone can locate that recording.

I respectfully disagree. I would think he's feeling much more secure at this point. It's been almost 7 months, and he remains a free man. He's developed a small support group around him who have created defensive SM pages, and who argue his case on various forums (there is nothing wrong with that - I'm sure they believe in his innocence), so he's no longer alone in that house, with no family or friends. While a typical personality might be breaking down at this point (or before), even if they weren't guilty of anything more than not taking appropriate actions to protect their child, from his recent public statements, it seems like (IMO) that MR is still stuck in blame deflection mode.

So, IMO, he's feeling like he may well have gotten away with it -- if he indeed did something to DR, I imagine he's feeling much safer in terms of his personal welfare. From what we've seen and heard from him (IMO), introspection and guilt don't seem to be high on his list of personality traits, so I don't think he's going to break down anytime soon and confess. And the picture of the lonely man, isolated in his house, that was presented earlier in the case, is no longer true. I would imagine (IMO) that whatever pressure that might have existed on him is lessening daily.

JMO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member