CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering, IF in fact MR is guilty of whatever happened to Dylan, could he have called and/or texted him that morning, thinking his phone would back up his alibi as to where he was? Or, he wanted to show how considerate he was, i.e. he wanted to check in with Dylan, see if he needed anything else from Walmart (in the past twelve hours, lol) etc.? I know lot of people who were later charged with murdering spouses and others did the "tried to call him or her all morning" thing.

IIRC correctly it was only texts in the interviews. Page 7 from your transcript:

I found this interesting, too. Also, in the KUSA You Tube video, the interviewer asks MR if he didn't think about phoning DR rather than texting at that time.

As he is trying to answer this question, he scratches his ear (l of 2 times during the video), stalls around and then tries to use humor to walk around this question, IMO...MOO. (about 17:50 plus in the video)

The only other time he did this was when he was asked something about Dylan's friends, but I didn't go back and re-watch it to get the time on that other ear scratcher. :twocents:

The other thing I don't buy is that Mark just happened to go to Nandos (because he knew where some of the friends lived but not all...and the first place he went, voila!) They had gone from R's to Gmas to Nandos....lucky guess? I think he knew exactly where to go because he had Dylan's phone. moo

Bingo!..exactly what I've long since suspected and have brought up once or twice in some of my earlier long droning posts..

I am wondering, IF in fact MR is guilty of whatever happened to Dylan, could he have called and/or texted him that morning, thinking his phone would back up his alibi as to where he was? Or, he wanted to show how considerate he was, i.e. he wanted to check in with Dylan, see if he needed anything else from Walmart (in the past twelve hours, lol) etc.? I know lot of people who were later charged with murdering spouses and others did the "tried to call him or her all morning" thing.

I'm much more inclined to believe that the motive is the latter of the two that is seen over and over in cases where the murderer in knowing full well the victim is already deceased..they believe it further builds the believability factor that they of course had no idea the victim was missing/deceased proven by their continued attempts at contacting them as usual via their cell..which just happens to be further verified by the well documented and itemized cell phone records..

Bingo!..exactly what I've long since suspected and have brought up once or twice in some of my earlier long droning posts..

I caught that myself very early on and it is one of the things that influenced my suspicions. The devil is always in the details.

I'm much more inclined to believe that the motive is the latter of the two that is seen over and over in cases where the murderer in knowing full well the victim is already deceased..they believe it further builds the believability factor that they of course had no idea the victim was missing/deceased proven by their continued attempts at contacting them as usual via their cell..which just happens to be further verified by the well documented and itemized cell phone records..

Exactly MR texted Dylan! A land-line was available, Dylan was sleeping on the couch in the livingroom, the kitchen was right there too, but he didn't call...he choose to text, which would be a double record on his phone & Dylan's. But, he screws-up the believability factor IMO with his weak explaination.

Nice to see you posting again NCA... :seeya:

Ohhhh, just here for a few and gone again soon! I don't bother to get involved in distraction attempts. This isn't rocket science to me so constant analysis isn't necessary. I made my determination long ago and haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind. Hope you are doing well! (((hugs)))

Ohhhh, just here for a few and gone again soon! I don't bother to get involved in distraction attempts. This isn't rocket science to me so constant analysis isn't necessary. I made my determination long ago and haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind. Hope you are doing well! (((hugs)))

Now don't be like that! Stick around for a bit -- your posts are missed.

Miss your insight and honesty. Hope you stick around.

They had to expand it MR had no alibi for all those hours!
JMO

MOO, but the 7pm time on Monday could also be the time which someone was physically in contact with MR at his home after the missing persons report was filed in Durango, and someone went to MR's home to make sure Dylan was indeed missing, and that there wasn't some miscommunication between the two parents (which I would bet was one of, if not the first action, that LE took in response to the call).

As always all of the above is MOO! :cow:

I forget who it was mentioned about Dylan possibly wearing jeans, but IIRC in the very early days there were two different missing posters, one of them listed the clothing seen in the picture of Dylan that they were using ie jeans and tshirt. I think there was discussion about it in an early thread.

:goodpost: Yep, I am a little s- l-o-w in figuring that out myself, but glad to see you have been keeping tabs on Dylan, who there is no question that Dylan is dear to your heart. Many people do that (stop in occasionally) on different cases especially when a case stalls I find.

Haleigh Cummings was mentioned earlier this afternoon & no question she is near & dear to my heart, but I could be stalled for 4 years on her thread...waiting & waiting...for each post, pressing "Refresh". Many of us are stalled enough on these horrific cases for whatever reasons and still thinking about Haleigh, Kyron, HB, HD, JD, and the list goes on and on, but we still keep tabs ~ ALWAYS.

Thank you for the gracious reply. It doesn't surprise me, and I do appreciate your candor. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Where is Dylan?

Thanks NCA! It was an interesting FD for the boys, they have never felt a need to with him HFD and especially didn't with what all is happening, but they wondered about how it would impact Dylan and Cory. I love those guys so much!

Exactly MR texted Dylan! A land-line was available, Dylan was sleeping on the couch in the livingroom, the kitchen was right there too, but he didn't call...he choose to text, which would be a double record on his phone & Dylan's. But, he screws-up the believability factor IMO with his weak explaination.

IMO it would have made more sense for MR to call the landline, what was it 2 places in the house where cell reception was available? IMO he was trying to build an alibi.

IMO it would have made more sense for MR to call the landline, what was it 2 places in the house where cell reception was available? IMO he was trying to build an alibi.
I could understand trying the cell phone first. If you have Verizon, phone to phone minutes are free, so I always try the cell phone first. Besides, my daughter is more likely to check a text than pick up a call. But when I cannot get hold of someone who I know is at home cell to cell, then I call the landline. And yell at the answering machine for whomever is watching TV next to it to pick up for about 5 minutes until someone picks up.

A while back there was a conversation about it being possible for someone else having sent the last text message on Dylan's phone or ipod, or whatever...
I ran across this in the news today. Apparently police were able to document that these two suspects used the victim's phone to send texts and update her FB account and it's part of the evidence they are using against them in court. I thought it was interesting and that others might appreciate seeing this use of cell phone texting and FB update data in regard to a missing persons/murder case.

Police: Suspects sent 19-year-old's final Facebook post after killing her
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ar-olds-final-facebook-post-after-killing-her
Probable cause affidavits show murder charges were filed Wednesday night against 26-year-old Jordan Buskirk and 25-year-old Randal Crosley in Katelyn Wolfe's death.

(snip)

The affidavits allege the men killed Wolfe on June 6 and dumped her weighted body in a rural Sullivan County lake. The documents also allege Crosley then used the Wolfe's cellphone to update her Facebook account to hide their actions.

(snip)

The two men then put Wolfe in the trunk and drove around getting high and using Wolfe's cellphone to send text messages and update her Facebook status, police said.

BBM - I'm glad it seems that in some cases there is a way for LE to figure out who was sending texts and updates and such - even when the victim's phone was used to send them, but not by the victim themselves.

* Not saying that this was the case, as we obviously don't know any information that would tell us one way or the other if it was likely that Dylan sent all the messages from his phone, or if perhaps it was ever used by the person responsible for his disappearance - whomever that may be.

As always - except where cited - all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Hi guys, new user here. Been lurking for a few days specifically on this case. It fascinates me but at the same time breaks my heart. I'd give anything to have Dylan back alive but I sadly don't think that's going to happen.

As an Englishman I have a couple of questions regarding the status of missing persons in Colorado:
Firstly, is there a set time for when a missing person can be "presumed dead"?
If Dylan were to be presumed dead, would LE look at it as a murder investigation?
If not, would LE simply leave this case open in hope of tips and not specifically dedicate people to investigate it?

I also want to suggest my :twocents: for a couple of things I've seen in this thread.
Firstly, with regards Dylan wearing jeans. I can only assume this stems from one of the CCTV images cutting off just above where we would see the lower part of Dylan's legs. I've looked at both images and although this is only my opinion, I am as certain as I can be that he is wearing shorts in both pictures. He has his hands in his pockets in both pictures and is walking, this leads to the hands and pocket area sticking out a little, I'm sure of this because I have a very similar pair. I can see that in both images. You can also tell by how the shorts flare out a little, jeans just don't do that.

Secondly, Dylan's phone charger. IMO, Dylan had his phone charger. In a text to the friend he was set to meet, I recall him saying something like "if you don't let me in, I'll keep ringing", this suggests to me he expected to have full use of his phone the next day. If he'd noticed a low battery and checked for no charger he probably would have told his friend "I'll be over, battery is low and I have no charger so I won't be able to ring". Then again, he may have done. It's really complicating to not know exactly what Dylan said in his final text message at 9:37 PM. Was he telling his friend he was going to sleep? Was he saying he had low battery or charger? Did he just cut off mid-conversation?

Sorry for the long post, it went on a bit longer than I expected. I'm glad to have gotten this off my chest. I think about Dylan every day and there is no-one I can speak to about it so at least I can contribute here. I so want him home.

I could understand trying the cell phone first. If you have Verizon, phone to phone minutes are free, so I always try the cell phone first. Besides, my daughter is more likely to check a text than pick up a call. But when I cannot get hold of someone who I know is at home cell to cell, then I call the landline. And yell at the answering machine for whomever is watching TV next to it to pick up for about 5 minutes until someone picks up.

if you (general you not personal) knew cell reception was limited would you call the cell or the landline? if there was no answer after one or two attempts to call the cell phone IMO it would make sense to call the landline.

if you (general you not personal) knew cell reception was limited would you call the cell or the landline? if there was no answer after one or two attempts to call the cell phone IMO it would make sense to call the landline.

I agree , you would call the landline first as you have a better chance of getting though on the first attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500