CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the time it takes to go over to fix, change, keep all these long tedious confusing jury instructions is difficult for the layman jury but yet after all the time spent on the last instructions only took a day for the jury to come to a verdict. All this time spent on these instructions is craz.y jury probably doesn't know what most of this crap means and already have their mind made up anyway. Lol.

All the time it takes to go over to fix, change, keep all these long tedious confusing jury instructions is difficult for the layman jury but yet after all the time spent on the last instructions only took a day for the jury to come to a verdict. All this time spent on these instructions is craz.y jury probably doesn't know what most of this crap means and already have their mind made up anyway. Lol.

Agreed. And they were arguing over ONE word quite a few times. or some such adjectives that mean the same thing. They went to law school for that? IMO

Agreed. And they were arguing over ONE word quite a few times. or some such adjectives that mean the same thing. They went to law school for that? IMO

That's the only way they can get paid. Lol. Do you think when the jury came to the verdict in one day it was after reading 165 pages of instructions. If so they must be super speed readers.

Hi! :wave:

Thanks for the comments and tweets - truly appreciated!! :tyou:

So... will we get a brand new thread for the Penalty Phase? I hope so - as this thread has been buffering for SO long... :gaah:

See you all tomorrow! :seeya:

Judge: "Have you made a decision whether you will testify in phase one of the sentencing hearing?"

Shooter: "Yup"

Judge: "And what is that decision?"

Shooter: "I don't wanna"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REALLY? "I don't wanna?" He sounds like a spoiled, bratty 11-year-old.

Judge: "Have you made a decision whether you will testify in phase one of the sentencing hearing?"

Shooter: "Yup"

Judge: "And what is that decision?"

Shooter: "I don't wanna"

REALLY? "I don't wanna?" He sounds like a spoiled, bratty 11-year-old.

That isn't exactly what he said. He said "yes" and "no" as answers and "I choose not to testify". It was kinda hard to hear him because he wasn't miked, but here it is:

[video=youtube;zhqJQzmd-DE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhqJQzmd-DE[/video]

Does anyone think Ms Nelson is showing off for the camera? Or maybe she is always this way.....

She's showing off what she doesn't know which, in my view, is not much of a plus. The "What else Ms Nelson?" from His Honor should be a clue to her to just sit, listen and learn, but no-o-o-o-o-o, she's up again with her pontificating manner, and she gets knocked back again. smh

Hi! :wave:

Thanks for the comments and tweets - truly appreciated!! :tyou:

So... will we get a brand new thread for the Penalty Phase? I hope so - as this thread has been buffering for SO long... :gaah:

See you all tomorrow! :seeya:

Shout out to mod !

That isn't exactly what he said. He said "yes" and "no" as answers and "I choose not to testify". It was kinda hard to hear him because he wasn't miked, but here it is:

[video=youtube;zhqJQzmd-DE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhqJQzmd-DE[/video]

I was ABOUT TO SAYYYY!

ETA: Although, he most certainly could have (and SHOULD have) been more respectful towards the judge by replying with "yes sir" or "no sir". I also noticed how different his answers appear in comparison to those he gave to Dr. Reid. Now, they are immediate and clear vs. hemming and hawing with his "uhhhhsss" and "ummmmsss" of the past. I guess he knows the jig is up and there's no longer a need to "search for the best response".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike