CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge: "Have you made a decision whether you will testify in phase one of the sentencing hearing?"

Shooter: "Yup"

Judge: "And what is that decision?"

Shooter: "I don't wanna"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course he won't..He's a coward..and even with his life on the line still hasn't got the backbone to speak to his decider's...What a mis-fit and evil person> using term loosely!!

I can't see how he could help himself by making a statement anyway. What could he say?

I'm not surprised he chose not to allocate in this phase.
He might want to consider it in phase 2, but he definitely better seriously consider it during phase 3.
A statement by defendant goes a long way with the jury. Even if they don't believe it or consider it, the juries do want to hear a killer's remorse.

Judge not allowing the witness from the shooter's mothers church.

I can't see how he could help himself by making a statement anyway. What could he say?

At the minimum, he could just say, I am sorry for the loss & the grief to the families, then sit down.
Even if it's not true, juries want to hear remorse. MOO

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 9m9 minutes ago
A statement of allocution would have allowed JH to tell jurors why they should be lenient in the penalty phase. #theatershooting

Higgs wants the judge to ask the jury if they saw the memorial service near the cinema?

Even if they did what are the defence worried about?

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 15m15 minutes ago
Judge telling #theatershooting gunman that he has the right to make a statement of elocution without being cross examined or put under oath

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 15m15 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting judge making sure shooter knows about "allocution," when he can make statement to judge before sentence. "I understand

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 14m14 minutes ago
"No, I do not." JH tells the judge he will not make a statement of allocution in phase one. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 18m18 minutes ago
#theatershooting judge tells JH to talk to attorneys and decide if he would like to testify. JH said he does not want to.

It sound like that the defense wants to find any reason to have a jury kicked off...they really go to the extremes. I understand they are trying to help their client, but they sure go to the extremes. The Judge is so patient, kind, fair and teaches the lawyers as the trial goes along. I could not be like that...He is one in a million Judges to have!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 9m9 minutes ago
A statement of allocution would have allowed JH to tell jurors why they should be lenient in the penalty phase. #theatershooting

The DP...of were one of them at the ceremony?

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 5m5 minutes ago
Defense expressing concern about whether some jurors might have seen public memorials on Aurora #theatershooting anniversary

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 4m4 minutes ago
"Either these jurors are forthright, or they're not," judge says. "If they're not forthright, we've got problems." #theatershooting

Higgs wants the judge to ask the jury if they saw the memorial service near the cinema?

Even if they did what are the defence worried about?

I was waiting for them to bring the vigil up. Since they wanted judge to question the jury when the boston bomber got the DP, that IMO didn't have any impact on this jury.

Did you hear the defense gave a list of 40 witnesses for this phase? WTH?

Court will resume at 8:40 a.m. Wednesday with the jury in court for phase 1 of the sentencing hearing. 7NEWS

I was waiting for them to bring the vigil up. Since they wanted judge to question the jury when the boston bomber got the DP, that IMO didn't have any impact on this jury.

The defence team seems bent on finding this jury unable to be trusted. This is offensive. They took months to put this jury in place. They cannot now start questioning their behaviour or motives. Very bad form if you ask me.

You know the more I think about this---They have to have seen some of the ACTUAL victims in court from day one---they heard their testimony etc., yet seeing a vigil????? Please---

For some reason I can no longer "thanks'' the posters.....I refreshed my page etc...nothing working. I got the first post thanks to work and everything else is frozen.

With that, thank you everyone for posting and the remarks. I will check in through out the day and see everyone tomorrow for court!

Thank you everyone for your comments and company!

Zoey you are a star! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members