CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an odd little deposition--how joyful he sounded about knowing a murderer in his youth--that he visits some of his former students in prision---And I found it creepy that students still visit him for pizza---not that there is anything wrong with that BUT

I think it's creepy and I'm not sorry for thinking that. Some people set of your 'creepy meter' and he is one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Rich Orman and Kristen Nelson are discussing jury instructions with Judge Carlos Samour Jr. #theatershooting defendant is again reading.

Again--How much fun would grandkids be!!! I want some--however, I don't think my ladies are ready for them yet--(one just wants Golden Retrievers & her sister works at a daycare and think she is over OVER kids!!!! LOL)----

My grandgirls are 5 and 7....so much fun! I am trying, we all are, to get my husband to move to St. Louis area. We have no relatives here in southern KS where we live now, hubby's job brought us here. We are having a very hard time getting him to move...those with PTSD do not like change at all. Sigh. We were stationed in MO so you would think he would be okay with it...no way, not unless we get 10 acres in the middle of no where. That will not happen because of age and health issues. Sigh. Good thing for Skype!

Back to the issue at hand...Nelson. Does anyone else have a hard time listening to her "know it all'' and arguing everything? I have to turn her off a lot. Sorry, she may be smart but she rubs me the wrong way.

JH is doing a great job of interacting with his papers and reading etc. to day! Wonder how he will act tomorrow in front of the jury!?

"What else, Miss Nelson"

I see she's still at it. Trying to change the instructions to confuse the jury & try to trick them for LWOP. IMO

I see the judge is still correcting her.
And the beat goes on...
:drumroll:

Hi Everyone!

I think it's creepy and I'm not sorry for thinking that. Some people set of your 'creepy meter' and he is one of them.

I'm just trying to be polite :blushing: But I'm glad someone else saw it as such.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 39s39 seconds ago
Plenty of empty seats in the #theatershooting courtroom on Day 53 as attorneys and judge discuss jury instructions

My grandgirls are 5 and 7....so much fun! I am trying, we all are, to get my husband to move to St. Louis area. We have no relatives here in southern KS where we live now, hubby's job brought us here. We are having a very hard time getting him to move...those with PTSD do not like change at all. Sigh. We were stationed in MO so you would think he would be okay with it...no way, not unless we get 10 acres in the middle of no where. That will not happen because of age and health issues. Sigh. Good thing for Skype!

Back to the issue at hand...Nelson. Does anyone else have a hard time listening to her "know it all'' and arguing everything? I have to turn her off a lot. Sorry, she may be smart but she rubs me the wrong way.

JH is doing a great job of interacting with his papers and reading etc. to day! Wonder how he will act tomorrow in front of the jury!?

I live almost 200 miles away from my grandson. I wish we could move closer but my husband has to stay here for work. No way we can relocate. I miss living back home so I feel your pain :(

Does anyone think Ms Nelson is showing off for the camera? Or maybe she is always this way.....

I totally get the PTSD....frustrating! Good luck with the convincing to move!

Does anyone think Ms Nelson is showing off for the camera? Or maybe she is always this way.....

I still kinda wish she would have taken my "fashion advise" and wore 6-7 inch heels.................

My husband just walked by and said "I object to all the objections coming from that defence team!" Lol!

That is a good point. She can get 'herself' out for the public to see what kind of lawyer she is....free. It is a good possibility.

Boy, JH sure is reading and reading. He can really understand the proceedings!

Oh My! She's never satisfied is she? The judge agrees, Orman suggests a word change- NO! She will NOT have it!!!
Last argument was one word change, really?

That is a good point. She can get 'herself' out for the public to see what kind of lawyer she is....free. It is a good possibility.

Boy, JH sure is reading and reading. He can really understand the proceedings!

He can and this really irritates me. He was just playing at being dazed and confused. Trying to manipulate the jury.

I totally get the PTSD....frustrating! Good luck with the convincing to move!

PTSD, brain injury, cancer in remission, Agent Orange...plus more really makes it hell for him. I try to remember how he was in the past....so different. There are days when the 'old' spirit shows through...and he tries so hard when the grand girls are here. He really loves them a lot.

Nelson is desperate that the jury won't unanimously sentence the shooter to death.

She wants the judge to bang on about how they can choose not to sentence him to the DP and he will get LWOP.

He can and this really irritates me. He was just playing at being dazed and confused. Trying to manipulate the jury.

Just like the Felons, JA and CA....and their parents acting for the courts! So far at least his parents are not 'out' in public making all kinds of statements.

Just like the Felons, JA and CA....and their parents acting for the courts! So far at least his parents are not 'out' in public making all kinds of statements.

There have been so many parents that constantly spoke with media..including talk shows..Gerrr..Remember Scott Peterson's folks? Oh yeah..Neil Entwistle who killed his wife and daughter and fled to UK?? His parents were faithful to the end...He's now in prison for the rest of his life!!

Judge: "Have you made a decision whether you will testify in phase one of the sentencing hearing?"

Shooter: "Yup"

Judge: "And what is that decision?"

Shooter: "I don't wanna"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics