CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Judge just made a funny about a motion for 6 weeks....I noticed JH sure did laugh at that. Is was at the very end of the court discussions. He is so sane.

Was this motion about releasing documents to the press? I think they were joking that they wouldn't be able to deal with it for 6 weeks? The court found it funny. I bet the media didn't lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everyone enjoys the five-day weekend from this case..... :cupcake:

I've been absent for the past two days because I've been distracted by the shooting that shook my neighboring community to its core (I'm in Myrtle Beach), but I did get a chance to watch Ashley's testimony today. SO. INCREDIBLY. HEARTBREAKING.

I've been absent for the past two days because I've been distracted by the shooting that shook my neighboring community to its core (I'm in Myrtle Beach), but I did get a chance to watch Ashley's testimony today. SO. INCREDIBLY. HEARTBREAKING.

It was. I was amazed at her courage though. I hope she feels proud of herself.

I think she referred to him as "ex" boyfriend--I think he bailed at her injuries--could be wrong

I don't recall that particular testimony..But IF true..Hate to say it..there is ALOT of young males just NOT up to these challenges..which makes me sad..He obviously cares about her..and IF true..He just couldn't deal with it. What's the odds that baby was his?? Most likely..so even He is not only victimized on losing a future child..but having to face a life with a completely disabled women...

I can attest..Not ALL young males have those capabilities to even fathom this at that age !!

BUT..having said all that..ASHELY proved that WOMEN are so much stronger than most males ( not all of course)! This young women still is capable of moving forward given ALL her setbacks and adversities...It would be so easy for her to GIVE UP!! BUT instead..she is still seeking education ( Social Work) and to move FORWARD!!! Bless her Heart!!

I don't recall that particular testimony..But IF true..Hate to say it..there is ALOT of young males just NOT up to these challenges..which makes me sad..He obviously cares about her..and IF true..He just couldn't deal with it. What's the odds that baby was his?? Most likely..so even He is not only victimized on losing a future child..but having to face a life with a completely disabled women...

I can attest..Not ALL young males have those capabilities to even fathom this at that age !!

BUT..having said all that..ASHELY proved that WOMEN are so much stronger than most males ( not all of course)! This young women still is capable of moving forward given ALL her setbacks and adversities...It would be so easy for her to GIVE UP!! BUT instead..she is still seeking education ( Social Work) and to move FORWARD!!! Bless her Heart!!

Excellent post!

Thank you for the tweets today Friends! Always a pleasure being here with you!! See you all on Thursday!
~Hugs~

Goodnight everyone. See you Wednesday if you are here for the other court business at 9 am or Thursday for the start of the defence case.

I've had such a hard time keeping up with the trial this week and the same is true for posting here.

I have no doubt JH was sane.
I'm interested to hear the defence's case and how they could prove otherwise

I want to thank everyone for the tweets and the reporting. I have been away for lots of different reasons and just got through reading a lot of today.

Wow. I am kind of glad I missed it as that was really rough.

I am proud of the people that can see this trial through, so THANK YOU everyone.

Just got the courage to come read here. When I finished I just held my baby girl close and cuddled her. Life is so precious, and I think it's so easy to forget just how precious it is in the chaos of day to day life. My heart breaks a thousand times over for all the victims, but Ashley truly suffered a tragedy that is unmeasurable. How she has the strength to go on amazes me, I am so proud that she hasn't let this selfish little boy take away everything from her. I am not sure I could be as strong. And to the victims that have let go of hate for him...it's just amazing. I can't imagine a sane person ever doing these acts, but he is sane I believe, which makes this so sick. How can ones purpose in life be to inflict pain and cause harm to our fellow people? How can that ever be a choice one makes? Like the church shooter...just so many whys? Out of all the emotions to feel in life, how an individual settles on hate I will never know. Hate is such a heavy burden, it makes you aloof and miserable. Why, when you only have this one life, this one chance, would you squander it in such a way?

My 16 year old son saw me crying at Ashley's testimony. He asked me why I continued to watch even though it made me cry. I told him that every victim deserves to be heard. No matter how sad or distressing it is. Without compassion what are we?

bbm Exactly, Maisiebelle. Sometimes -- IMO 99% of the time -- all we can do is stand witness for these victims. Sometimes the crime occurs in a area close to us and we can do a few things, if allowed -- put up "Have you seen this person" posters, help with a search, attend the trial, etc., but often we cannot. But in our own way, we do what we can, hoping to equalize the evil just a little bit, at least.

The Prosecution did a Fantastic job!!! They proved their case to me.
GUILTY all the way!!!
I don't even need to hear the Defense at this point.

bbm

Yes, I agree -- the PT did a great job. I didn't see any weaknesses or holes in what they presented at all. Those who were at the theater that night went in there with so much, but they came out with so much less. Heart-breaking. And Ashley, oh my, oh my...

I was just thinking that I know I should listen to the defense's case, but I don't know if I can stand listening to some of them. How many days will it take? I'm gonna try to stick with it...

bbm

Yes, I agree -- the PT did a great job. I didn't see any weaknesses or holes in what they presented at all. Those who were at the theater that night went in there with so much, but they came out with so much less. Heart-breaking. And Ashley, oh my, oh my...

I was just thinking that I know I should listen to the defense's case, but I don't know if I can stand listening to some of them. How many days will it take? I'm gonna try to stick with it...

Hiya BD, I'm going to try to stick with it and pay as much attention as I can to the defense's case, I believe they're projecting under two weeks so hopefully in two weeks the jury will have the case. I have a few mixed feelings, anyone would have to be insane to their core to plan and do what he did, but he planned it with such 'sanity' if you will - is he insane by legal standards? I doubt it, and also doubt it in the eyes of the jury, too much rational thinking in everything he did leading up to and committing this crime of such magnitude and destruction of so many lives.

Two notes of silliness (it's probably been mentioned, I can't be the only one who has thought so) the judge's voice reminds me of the "Stay thirsty, my friends" 'most interesting man in the world' beer commercial guy, and Brauchler (sp?) sounds like (and looks like from the rear) Anderson Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike