CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm over. Sun shining. Still some thunder rumble in the distance. Time to get out of this chair I've been bonding with most of the day. See you all tomorrow.
HUGS!

The doctor did not follow her own advice in her books....she did not do her homework. She should have done all the interviews of the family and friends because that is the right thing to do in any type of court case. Do not rely on what other 'say' or 'notes' they take. The other person would ask totally different questions and get different answers. I think this lady just flopped as a witness.

Thank you all for taking notes and posting. I will see you tomorrow. I have to go hem some drapes so my day is free to join you tomorrow for a dynamic day with Mr. B.

can't wait to hear jury questions on this one.

Nice dressing down by Mr. B of Dr. G. Worth waiting for.
I believe the score is 6 out 6 for first hour of cross. (King objections overruled by Judge S)

Whoot whoot whoot...Caught last 10-15 minutes...

It's it's become pretty apparent, as it's been pointed out with nearly every expert witness..It was the (Hide the Ball) Defence team CONtrolling information being disseminated to them..Not to mention barring them to contact or respond to State side experts and any other person who would put OF THE RAIL their agenda!!

There's 2 huge issues for me..1st and foremost..She is NOT board certified in any of the fields required to make a "Credible" opinion. 2nd issue..Her "Verbal Diarrhea" format which actually inserts information "Non-responsive" to question asked by BOTH sides.. Causes head scratchings and juror's don't abide with that usually!!

Dr. Gur is a loose cannon indeed..in fact some of her responses even lost me and I do have some background medically speaking to some of this..She's broad brushing symptoms..pulling out whatever she has stashed in her "symptom Bag" to indicate Blah blah blah...

But fails to differentiate between those many personality disorders which don't include Schizophrenia Psychotic ( not in touch with reality thinking) thinking..On the contray..Those Personality disorders include total grasp of reality of life/society..but use their smarts to MANIPULATE those around them. Jodi A. as one prime example..Gur attempting to compare with Kaczynski is ridiculous...IMO

Boy I could go on forever..but my eyes are still calming down from Appt. today :blushing:

LOVED that the last thing the marvelous Mr. B said was, "23 months, doctor".....just perfect!!

croakerqueen123 ‏@croakerqueen 13m13 minutes ago
#theatershooting #theatertrial - Day 44 - Part 4: http://youtu.be/q75n-RSRETo?a

I'm off to listen to the last hour or so of part#4..want to watch Mr. B. start pulling on those threads on sweater/shirt..and watch her sloooowwwlly unravel LOL

Mea culpa and what an idiot I yam.

Oh Chelly and everyone else -- Please excuse -- I put a pic in there, but it translated rather horribly. I deleted it asap, but some others are quick around here. Please forgive. :(

Well, folks, I guess we can settle in, sit back and watch the fireworks tomorrow. I hope our man Mr. B. is having a big fat steak at this moment -- lots of protein for quickness and smoothness. He was r.e.a.d.y for the Doc today, wasn't he?! Right out of the chute, he's getting there.

And regardless of the way the verdict is decided, I'll bet it'll be a long time before the doc testifies in court again.

OMG..I think there is some who suggested this prior..But I am just catching up using youtube of part four ..and I have to agree 100% ( lol actually picked $$$ initially ) This women along with her hubby WANT JH's brain!! Yikes scary!!

While her research may important..their decades almost 40 year research still hasn't been approved to be included in the diagnostic venue to declare anything beyond being "Consistent with" No ability to affirmatively declare anything...BAM!!

THUS She is basing her assessment and opinion based on methodology still yet unconfirmed as reliable.....Ohhh My!!

major questions for me-----Dr says certain structures in JH's brain are too small on the MRI---well what are the normal size standards? When we check children's hands for bone age there are standard deviations--to be abnormal the child has to be over 3 standard deviations from what is average..... So what average ranges in the size of the amygdala exist in other people. Also JH appears to be small in size to me---so his brain/head are proportional in size to the rest of him---we need a neuroradiologist to review these films and give a professional board certified opinion. I'm willing to bet his MRI is normal.

The doctor did not follow her own advice in her books....she did not do her homework. She should have done all the interviews of the family and friends because that is the right thing to do in any type of court case. Do not rely on what other 'say' or 'notes' they take. The other person would ask totally different questions and get different answers. I think this lady just flopped as a witness.

Thank you all for taking notes and posting. I will see you tomorrow. I have to go hem some drapes so my day is free to join you tomorrow for a dynamic day with Mr. B.

I'm just curious when there is a court case HIPAA laws are no longer in place? I only ask that because my son who is schizoaffective trying to talk to his psychiatrist is like pulling teeth. They can't talk to me about him because of HIPAA they don't have his consent and when I try to give info about him and his past they stop me because of HIPAA totally ridiculous. That law needs to change!!!

Just skimmed some medical research articles---there is no gold standard for volumetry of the amygdala--also there are problems measuring it on MRI due to poor delineation of it's borders. Thought so !!! Hope JB reads here.IMHO

well need to get some things done!! Great last hour---!!!!!

You are amazing zoey! Many thanks for tweeting today -- I don't know how you do it, but we're all glad that you have helped us all out with the many, many tweets. You're a Mighty Good One! (((zoey)))

major questions for me-----Dr says certain structures in JH's brain are too small on the MRI---well what are the normal size standards? When we check children's hands for bone age there are standard deviations--to be abnormal the child has to be over 3 standard deviations from what is average..... So what average ranges in the size of the amygdala exist in other people. Also JH appears to be small in size to me---so his brain/head are proportional in size to the rest of him---we need a neuroradiologist to review these films and give a professional board certified opinion. I'm willing to bet his MRI is normal.

That's precisely the PROBLEM for defence..Dr. Gur is NOT board certified in anything..and her hubby is some Imagery wizard..They have as a couple have spent almost 4 decades collecting evidence ( written papers @ rate of 1 per month..kinda of like some blogs who purport truths in Politics LOL)..
BuY have failed on so many levels being validated by ALL fields to incorporate their finding into anything that resemble "Standards" ..??????? Why?

So while their research may find interesting things..It certainly has NOT been approved nor applied into current "STANDARDS"..

Problem for her and her hubby..They have been able to conduct research paid for by Grants..Whatever, Rachel Guz is trying to pass as supported opinions seems like at this point "HOT AIR"..since nothing of what she has proposed can ever be applied across the board nor definitive..It's biased..and actually making a lot of assumptions..in her applications.. ??

Nothing that she ever cited in reference actually can PROVE their/HER "Theory" and after merely 13 hours..concluded..Schizophrenia..Insane and the Biggy..." Psychotic and had no ability to know right from wrong..nor control of his impulses"....SMH..Based on their Opinion...

All I know is it needs to be over by July 29---

That would make my day perfect!! I get my braces off that day too :D yes, I'm a 34 year old woman w/ braces... It's been a nightmare!

I'm just curious when there is a court case HIPAA laws are no longer in place? I only ask that because my son who is schizoaffective trying to talk to his psychiatrist is like pulling teeth. They can't talk to me about him because of HIPAA they don't have his consent and when I try to give info about him and his past they stop me because of HIPAA totally ridiculous. That law needs to change!!!

Hippa is one thing that truly ties the hands of Crisis Intervention Teams..unless the patient is below age...> Parent or guardian then can do and say something...

BUT that mean's they ( CIT's) are forced to ask questions..treat based on "Self-Reporting".. unless and of course the patient had some sort of history already...So will have Medical history based on reasoning brought to ER/Hospital.

Now..Things can change...IF the person is put on a 72 hold under water form you have ( it's our Form 1) ..then that person at that time is deemed incapacitated and information can be shared to treaters of the patient..BUT that window closes after 72 hours.....

While I appreciate privacy..there are circumstances when information surround the patient is IMPORTANT..as in JH's case..He LIED..could act accordingly..continue on his merry way and ALL HANDS tied....Yet his obvious record of talking about killing others ..forcing friends to ask ???

I'm conflicted..because I do want and appreciate Privacy..But heck..Declaring their fantacy to kill others...coupeled with burying guns, ammunitions++, bomb preparations..target shootings..what evers...There simply must be some sort of "Time out" to purchasing items of mass destruction can somehow be with-held until proper investigation can be done..

What ever happened to the "Patriot Act"?? To protect against Terrorism????

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 6m6 minutes ago
Dr. Gur, schizophrenia expert, detailing Holmes' childhood & her post-#theatershooting interview w/ parents. Watch: http://link.kdvr.com/1NOzaCx

Channel 2 Daybreak ‏@ch2daybreak · 6m6 minutes ago
Dr. Gur, schizophrenia expert, detailing Holmes' childhood & her post-#theatershooting interview w/ parents. Watch: http://kwgn.com/live

Channel 2 KWGN ‏@channel2kwgn · 6m6 minutes ago
Dr. Gur, schizophrenia expert, detailing Holmes' childhood & her post-#theatershooting interview w/ parents. Watch: http://kwgn.com/live

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 5m5 minutes ago
Gur: JH was stressed, depressed about his family's move from northern California to San Diego. He tried to slash wrists. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 5m5 minutes ago
Gur: JH was stressed, depressed about his family's move from northern California to San Diego. He tried to slash wrists. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Gur: JH was frightened by his own thoughts. He coped by becoming a good student, playing video games. #theatershooting

Come on NOW!!! Sawing back and forth on your arm with a piece of friggin cardboard is a FAR cry from "slashing" your wrists, Dr. Gur!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea