CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Osborne ‏@barry_osborne · 2m2 minutes ago
Should Colorado execute Aurora #theatershooting gunman? An analysis by @Dahlialithwick http://slate.me/1LtOczM via @Slate

The article, "Will Mental Illness Save James Holmes Life"(or close) -- thanks, Coldpizza, for that and for all your good, hard work for us here, is thought-provoking....

We are reasonably sure that JH will only leave the prison dead -- unless some appeal gets a re-trial and is found NG, etc., not likely, IMO. And I think we will agree that JH has some type of schizo-related illness -- and it can get beyond his control, and it's not curable. It could, I'm thinking, tug a string of one or more of the jurors for LWOP, i.e., "no" as to DP. And I will be presumptuous enuff to say that we could accept that since we know that LWOP is truly a no-chance-for-parole deal -- mainly, IMO, because a DP sentence means appeal, appeal, appeal. At least I know I could accept LWOP. But this penalty phase IS different from the guilt phase, and the jury will have to adopt a new way of thinking for verdict. This is going to be interesting folks. I don't see any way for the defense to stack up very many mitigators for JH -- their are just not that many, IMHO.

Let's see what happens.

And a Great Good Morning to all!!!

Let me also invite our visitors to Websleuths an invitation to join us as members -- no cost, notifications by email to subscribers to a thread that new info has been posted -- a very valuable tool -- and just a nice place to be. We don't bite; this site is "clean" -- no uglies allowed, no snarking, etc., etc. There are some very easy-to-live-by rules, but otherwise we can post an opinion and discuss with others and learn neat-o things about the law and very many other things. WS reaches all over the world. Tricia, the WS owner, has shows quite often about recent cases, past cases, etc., where she invites guests to speak about a particular case -- very, very good stuff. It's nice to have a voice here. Anyway, folks, think about it and jump on in with us. Great folks, great mods and a nice and stimulating atmosphere!:happydance:

Barry Osborne ‏@barry_osborne · 2m2 minutes ago
Should Colorado execute Aurora #theatershooting gunman? An analysis by @Dahlialithwick http://slate.me/1LtOczM via @Slate

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 52s52 seconds ago
JH mom is not apart of a victim impact...she's not a victim according to CO law #theatershooting bbm

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Judge is giving his ruling on objections made by defense regarding jury instructions

It's a flippin' dead horse -- puh-leeeeze stop your bickering. There are rules and statutes about all of this. Be big boys and girls and just accept it and move along, sez I. Gurrrrrrr.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 47s47 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting judge says the gunman's mother will not be allowed to give a victim impact statement - legally she is not a victim.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 52s53 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Defense has 4 witnesses to call today

(There will be a 20 minute delay for verdict in this phase)

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 32s33 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Pros. says some evidence in totality have limited purpose for admission. Specifically - notebook, disks with Reid.
#theatershooting

Pros wants to know if those exhibits should go back with jury for this phase

#theatershooting

Pros wants to know if those exhibits should go back with jury for this phase

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 44s45 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Fenton’s medical report as well

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 59s60 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Pros - those exhibits have no relevance to jury for phase 1.

The article, "Will Mental Illness Save James Holmes Life"(or close) -- thanks, Coldpizza, for that and for all your good, hard work for us here, is thought-provoking....

We are reasonably sure that JH will only leave the prison dead -- unless some appeal gets a re-trial and is found NG, etc., not likely, IMO. And I think we will agree that JH has some type of schizo-related illness -- and it can get beyond his control, and it's not curable. It could, I'm thinking, tug a string of one or more of the jurors for LWOP, i.e., "no" as to DP. And I will be presumptuous enuff to say that we could accept that since we know that LWOP is truly a no-chance-for-parole deal -- mainly, IMO, because a DP sentence means appeal, appeal, appeal. At least I know I could accept LWOP. But this penalty phase IS different from the guilt phase, and the jury will have to adopt a new way of thinking for verdict. This is going to be interesting folks. I don't see any way for the defense to stack up very many mitigators for JH -- their are just not that many, IMHO.

Let's see what happens.

And a Great Good Morning to all!!!

Let me also invite our visitors to Websleuths an invitation to join us as members -- no cost, notifications by email to subscribers to a thread that new info has been posted -- a very valuable tool -- and just a nice place to be. We don't bite; this site is "clean" -- no uglies allowed, no snarking, etc., etc. There are some very easy-to-live-by rules, but otherwise we can post an opinion and discuss with others and learn neat-o things about the law and very many other things. WS reaches all over the world. Tricia, the WS owner, has shows quite often about recent cases, past cases, etc., where she invites guests to speak about a particular case -- very, very good stuff. It's nice to have a voice here. Anyway, folks, think about it and jump on in with us. Great folks, great mods and a nice and stimulating atmosphere!:happydance:

I don't believe the defence can bring enough mitigation to sway the jury. BUT I do believe the jury will recommend the shooter be sentenced to LWOP based on his mental health issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 58s59 seconds ago
Judge will not allow gunman's mother to give a victim impact statement. Samour: She's no more a victim than he is. #theatershooting

Hello everyone *Big Wave*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 43s44 seconds ago
#theatershooting

The 4 witnesses for defense today-

- childhood playmate
- babysitter
- 5th grade teacher
- ice cream man????

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 1m1 minute ago
Jury will not have access to #TheaterShooting notebook, Fenton notes and DVD evidence when deliberating phase one of sentencing.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Judge agrees that the items should not go back with the jury for phase 1

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 2m2 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting defense is not disputing the aggravating factors of the case. Objecting to @GeorgeBrauchler's planned power point opening.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Will be interesting to see if the ice cream man is an actual witness for the defense

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 33s34 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Defense raising objections to some slides that have victims names, photos, sent back. Says the evoke emotion/sympathy

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 54s55 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting def objects to power point that will show killed victims photos. Objects that it evokes emotion. Well, yeah. Also, victims

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 48s49 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Def - no need for photos to be shown 2x to jury

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 39s39 seconds ago
Sentencing phase now underway for #theatershooting murderer.
Follow @7Marshall & @AnicaPadilla for updates.
WATCH: http://bit.ly/1M8pCTX

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 32s32 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Objection of slide #36 - repetitive showing of pic of Veronica (shown 4x in total)

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 51s51 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Not needed to prove aggravating factors.

REALLY Ms. Brady????? REALLY??????? :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member