CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold Patrol[emoji768] ‏@thegoldpatrol · 51s51 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Not needed to prove aggravating factors.

They don't have to prove them but I think they should be allowed to talk about them. The defence wants to make the bad things go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Still arguing about Veronica’s photo being shown again.

#theatershooting

DEF - JH would have intended to kill a child and not “just happen” to kill a child.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Def quoting case law to back up their objection to not show Veronica’s photo again

:banghead: .. :tantrum: .. :bang: .. :doh: .. :noooo: .. :anguish: .. :drama: .. :bored: .. :freakedout: ..:deadhorse:

#theatershooting potential witnesses for JH includes his parents, childhood neighbors and a college roommate

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 2m2 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting judge says the gunman's mother will not be allowed to give a victim impact statement - legally she is not a victim.

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV · 52s53 seconds ago
Sounds like the defense is objecting to everything the prosecution plans to do in this first part of the penalty phase. #theatershooting bbm

:banghead: .. :tantrum: .. :bang: .. :doh: .. :noooo: .. :anguish: .. :drama: .. :bored: .. :freakedout: ..:deadhorse:

I know----again REALLY????? SERIOUSLY???????? Do they not realize that their client is a convicted murderer???????

No Luck! Zoey, how did you get the audio ad to stop on chan. 7? When I hover, there is nothing to pause or stop, when it plays, I hit the pause, but after a few minutes, it plays again. All the others, listed on this thread play for a few minutes & then time out.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 55s55 seconds ago
#theatershooting

No evidence on to contradict the injuries. To explain again would be to evoke emotion

No Luck! Zoey, how did you get the audio ad to stop on chan. 7? When I hover, there is nothing to pause or stop, when it plays, I hit the pause, but after a few minutes, it plays again. All the others, listed on this thread play for a few minutes & then time out.

I'm watching channel 7 news on YouTube and it's working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the bottom left corner of AD--then when I got the two lines hit them and got arrow and hit that....make sense? (I hate that ad!!!!!)

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 1m1 minute ago
Penalty phase in #JamesHolmes #theatershooting starting today w/the jury that broke time records finding him guilty (jk) @Ktar923

#theatershooting

More slides objected to:

“Consider the defendant modified his kill zone by deploying tear gas"

Rick Sallinger ‏@ricksallinger · 2m2 minutes ago
Jury has still not been brought in to begin sentencing phase in theater shooting trial. #theatershooting

#theatershooting

They object to phrase “killing zone” - says it’s inflammatory

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Defense doesn't want Pros to use a PowerPoint that evokes emotions by showing victims #theatershooting

#theatershooting

Objection Slide 101 - victims experience extreme discomfort from tear gas in addition to being shot

#theatershooting

Not relevant to any alleged aggravator

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 52s53 seconds ago
#theatershooting

(Defense making arguments to evidence being admitted) judge has not ruled yet

#theatershooting

Objection
“Defendant killed victims in crowded movie theater” - it’s prosecution’s opinion.

#theatershooting

Onjection - "Victims trapped by design

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 53s53 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Objections to statements made by JH to Metzner as to why he chose movie theater

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 26s26 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Def cites 5th amendment rights to not allow this in

Why don't they just say that they object to the pros. presenting anything or saying anything----

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 50s50 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Well, the defense wants to remove any aggravating factors in the aggravating factor phase

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 47s48 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Objections:

“were unable to flee”
“Knowing every breath could be their last it the darkness and nothing they could do"

#theatershooting

Def says this is speculation to the victims mental state

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 51s52 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Def says it asks jury to put themselves in victim’s shoes.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 48s49 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Objection to statement
“Defendant killed his victims”
Def says this attributes intent to JH

Drama Queen or what// She does realize it is her convicted client that caused this carnage..They already know and have seen all of this..Pros. has a right to closing with the smattering of evidence.....Blame your client who created it for causing the emotions...

Also..she does realize it's the evidence not closings as it is NOT evidence?..so he has the right to remind the jury of actual evidence..
I'm about to smack my laptop screen right now!!!!!!!! Gerrrrrrrrrr

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR · 2m2 minutes ago
Jury still not in courtroom. Defense objecting to prosecution's PowerPoint in #theatershooting penalty phase.

Channel 2 KWGN ‏@channel2kwgn · 2m2 minutes ago
Jury still not in courtroom. Defense objecting to prosecution's PowerPoint in #theatershooting penalty phase.

#theatershooting

Def says this is self incrimination and cites the 5th amendment again regarding statements to Metzner

#theatershooting

Objection to statement:

“Def. killed victims in manner so they would die in anguish and hearing screaming'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle