CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness knows for a fact that the killer knows where he lives.

In his position, I wouldn't say one single word to the media. And I would scrub the internet to remove as many traces of my family as possible. If I could afford it, I'd get the most reliable security system I could afford.

Yeah, how creepy must they be feeling right now.

On the police FB, they said they are still conducting searches in open spaces, which I interpret to mean that they may still be looking for parts. Although it could mean they are looking for other kinds of evidence.

I would think that if the killer took the time to remove identifiable body parts, he/she wouldn't leave them out in the open to be easily discovered. That said, I wouldnt' have thought he would be so brazen to walk up to a sidewalk and set down her backpack, either.

Did the mom have a boyfriend?

Did anyone see Jessica leave the house that morning or walking down the street?

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

No news briefings are scheduled today. Investigators continue their work. If there are developments we will let you know #jessicaridgeway

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

On the police FB, they said they are still conducting searches in open spaces, which I interpret to mean that they may still be looking for parts. Although it could mean they are looking for other kinds of evidence.

I am from Texas and I am wondering if the term open spaces in the same as what we call fields or is there something that qualifies them as open spaces? thanks.

Did the mom have a boyfriend?

Did anyone see Jessica leave the house that morning or walking down the street?

No word if Mom has a boyfriend.

Mom was the last to see Jessica leave the house.

Answering in general terms, not about any particular case:

When state A where a crime was committed wants to arrest somebody, they issue a warrant for his arrest. When LE in state B notices the person in their jurisdiction, they can arrest him on that warrant and hold him for state A. There will be an extradition hearing where state A formally says, "Please give him to us." The suspect will usually waive extradition, in which case state B turns him/her over to state A and state A takes him/her back to their state and formally charges him/her with the crime. The suspect can choose to fight extradition, in which case state A has to provide evidence that he's the person they're looking for.

All of this can take several days. When arrests happen over the weekend, it can be a couple of days before a judge is available.

Extradition hearings are usually but not always public.

Exact procedures vary in different states.

And I am not a lawyer, have never played one on TV, and have never worked in the judicial system either, so I might well have this wrong. Would appreciate correction if I am :D

Like I am not a chemist.

Good question. I had assumed LD test, too. Maybe this means that there is a witness who saw Jessica outside her house on Friday, substantiating Sarah's story that she left for school when she did.

ETA: And/or perhaps witnesses that her car did not leave the property throughout the day, so she would not have been able to remove Jessica from the property (which LE surely searched for any evidence).

Just speculating.

Also, the fact that the body was "not intact". It is known that LE has been with mom and inside/outside the home since the first call came in. I am sure the lack of horrific evidence that it would take to make a body "not intact" clears her and the family home as well.

Heartbreaking.

20121014__20121015_A5_CD15RIDGEWAY~p1.jpg

I am from Texas and I am wondering if the term open spaces in the same as what we call fields or is there something that qualifies them as open spaces? thanks.

Hi...here in Colorado, Open Space is actually a formal designation made by local counties and cities. These areas are set aside to prevent overdevelopment, create recreational areas and preserve wildlife habitats. Essentially, they are large "parks."

MisterMayor! Great job on the radio show! I just listened to it. Thank you for painting a picture of the local area. I am sorry your community has to go through this... :-(

I feel the need to defend my opinions regarding the sex offender registry. As I said, I believe it could be better.

However, if my neighbor goes down to Walmart and shows his privates, I want to know about it. My 17 year old twin girls were in Walmart several years ago and one of them was grabbed by a man who had been flashing before. She screamed and was able to break free. The man ran, got into his car, and the police gave chase. He was apprehended. We went to court and he agreed to receive counseling if we would agree not to have his name in the SO registry. I hope we did the right thing.

Now, we can say that many flashing cases do not end up being serious and that these peeps do have "escalating" behavior. That might be true in many cases....however, if it even happens once out of 100 times, would it be worth to have all 100 registered? I think it would but others may not.

I do believe there needs to be categories within the registry so we can know who the most dangerous offenders are....

How was Santa Fe Drive related to this case? I remember a few days ago it being talked about but I cannot recall why.

Hi...here in Colorado, Open Space is actually a formal designation made by local counties and cities. These areas are set aside to prevent overdevelopment, create recreational areas and preserve wildlife habitats. Essentially, they are large "parks."

Thanks that makes things clearer now. Also are these areas patrolled by park officials, etc.? That also explains the trash pick-up. jmo

In CO the term 'open space' refers to space that has been conserved for wildlife and recreational use. Smartly, federal and local laws were passed that allow states to conserve these natural open spaces even through massive urban sprawl. They are like natural parks. Not like greenbelts that are maintained (we have those too) open space is maintained by nature. They are great places to hike, bike, walk ect. and enjoy the natural terrain of CO.
Homes that "back to open space" usually list it as a feature when they are being sold.

Eg: http://jeffco.us/openspace/index.htm

How was Santa Fe Drive related to this case? I remember a few days ago it being talked about but I cannot recall why.

An RSO was questioned by LE and it was reported as possibly being related to Jessica's case. No arrest that we know of.

It is my understanding that LE investigated a RSO near 4th and Santa Fe in Denver but he was later cleared.

Thanks that makes things clearer now. Also are these areas patrolled by park officials, etc.? That also explains the trash pick-up. jmo

Yes, the areas are typically patrolled...although I would imagine in limited fashion...by LE in the city or county where the Open Space is located. My understanding is that this particular Open Space is adjacent to a landfill and that Waste Management sends out a crew to pick up trash - I'm not sure how frequently that is done (or if that is even true.)

As I understand it from posts made by locals, "open spaces" is a legal term in Colorado that denotes land set aside for wildlife and off limits for development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph