CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the previous thread.

Originally Posted by michellemarls
how do i message someone on here? Can a moderater please message me so i can reply. After emailing your LE and also sending a message to westminster pd fb page, which they messaged me back within 5 mins to say my information has been passed on to there tipline, with info i found....i want a moderater to tell me what they think.

My response:
The quickest way to reach a mod is to click on the red triangle that appears on the top right of each post. I clicked on your post asking a mod for assistance. HTH.
Thankyou very much. I only new how to reply once i was messaged.

Peter's description of the killer is very detailed. Thank you to whoever messaged him. I hope that we get the chance to see who this killer really is and see how accurate he is! This person needs to be caught!!! I hope soon!

Peter's description of the killer is very detailed. Thank you to whoever messaged him. I hope that we get the chance to see who this killer really is and see how accurate he is! This person needs to be caught!!! I hope soon!

I'm so lost... who is Peter? :blushing:

Last 2 paragraphs BBM...I completely agree. I didn't follow Samantha Runnion's case much after they found here, and I was also a lot younger. But I do remember them thinking that because she was left out in the open, with no attempt to hide her, that it was a sign that he didn't care, and they believed he'd strike again.

Samantha Runnion's body was posed sending a message to law enforcement and an already terrorized community.. Dejavu, imo..

http://orangecountyda.com/docs/051605aviladeathsentence-tr-remarks.pdf

orangecountyda.com/docs/051605aviladeathsentence-tr-remarks.pdfFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
and murdering little five-year-old Samantha Runnion and for posing her lifeless body in the most demeaning way alongside the highway in dirt

yes, who is Peter?
"Peter Brendt" .. here's the post.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8460599&postcount=725"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10[/ame]

TxLady2 had a good thought. How did he kidnap her if he was on a bicycle? That would prove rather difficult, especially since it was snowing. He had to have access to a motor vehicle of some sort.

I don't think that he was on foot or bicycle when he disposed of her remains either.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

All indications point to the killer having a vehicle. Something that would allow the killer to get the victim out of sight almost immediately after she was abducted.

We know the backpack was dropped off at night. At a time when a car driving down a suburban street is hardly noticed. People would assume it's just one of the neighbors coming home. A bicycle would be a bit out of place.

Where the body was left is even worse. During the day, a bicyclist would not look out of place. But one hauling a large package would. A bicycle at night with a large package would be really odd. A car or truck heading down that litte used road wouldn't be noticed. Where the body was left is out of sight of any houses. A private place to stop for a minute or two and unload the body unobserved.

This is so sad and scarey for people in this area. The more I read of the case the more it reminds me of Sophia Silvers abduction from va.

On this link in a section titled criminal career it explains how he abducted one girl from a friends yard, randomly she happened to be there while he was hunting for victims.
It also tells you near where Sophia Silver was abducted what it doesnt tell you is how close that was

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.E/e/evonitz.htm

Just to post an example of what LE (imo ) is thinking with their profile about the abductor being local . Here is the map of where Marc evonitz lived ,worked and then abducted Sophia from.

A on the map is his work location.
B is the neighborhood he lived in
C is the park very close to Sophia's home
D is close to where Sophia was found.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=5160+Lad+Land+Dr%2C+Fredericksburg%2C+Virginia&FORM=FBKPL0&name=Walter+Grinders&mkt=en-US#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

I feel this is the type of abductor they are looking for and thought this map might help put the crime into perspective for the locals there. No one wants to think it is the guy next door. And it often is.

I am wondering how Jessica spent her summer? If her mom slept all day, was she playing at the park a lot with friends? Could it be a park worker or rec worker or someone she saw a lot during the summer? Maybe a college kid?

I didn't mean that no crime had ever been committed by a concealed carry holder ever, I simply said that I had not heard of one. And with the low stats I see why and I greatly appreciate your link so I can read up on it! Thank you.

I would love to see stats on how many carry holders lives were saved because of their guns. 457 murders is extremely low considering the number of license holders in the US currently (and in the past since many of the murders are dated). I wish I had the time to go through and add up all the concealed carry permits on the US, there are almost one million licenses in the state of FL alone. So this murder stat is very low. Still very sad that it occurs though. But I could assure you that more lives have been saved than taken with this and I wish I had the time to find a link to do so. Personally I know as a small female I would probably be at the mercy of any attacker and my gun would be my only saving grace and makes me feel safe at night. Sorry this is OT but its a very interesting one to me!

There are also states, such as Louisiana, where guns can be carried legally by anyone as long as they are NOT concealed. So, the number is very, very low. Also, you have to consider that the definition of "self-defense" depends on the state where the act occurred.

And, in Texas alone this year, there have been over 2300 deaths in car accidents. Should we all stop driving? No.

Far more crimes are committed with guns obtained by illegal means. I carry my gun with me at all times and I am highly trained and confident in any situation I may encounter.

This study was done sometime back but I still think it is relevant and very interesting.

Key findings:

In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers,

but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

Another question I have and God bless and comfort her family, but I thought she lived with her mom, and her mom's mom and someone else. Is this true? If so, did they work?? And yes, what did she do all summer? As a single parent I feel so bad for my kids during the summer -- not much for them to do in this 108 constant heat we have here.

This study was done sometime back but I still think it is relevant and very interesting.

Key findings:

In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers,

but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

Out of all of these statistics, this [bolded] is what disturbs me most. Why are we NOT watching our children? I see it daily - kids as young as FOUR walking by themselves to school each morning. That is such easy access for someone with ill intent.

Just thought of this last night; not sure if it has been mentioned.

Lots of people either live in the Denver area and commute to another town - most often Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, or Fort Collins.

Likewise, people who live in those cities commute to work in Denver. They will often stay during the workweek and head home on the weekends. Jessica went missing the Friday before Columbus Day, a holiday during which many businesses (mostly government related) are closed. In other words the commuter scenario could be this guy simply staying in Denver for a long weekend so I'll go with the possibility that this person commutes from his home in Denver metro to another city not too far off.

Because it was a holiday weekend, there is a chance he may not have been missed at all - even if he was not a commuter.

I am starting to think this is someone who lived in the triangulated area. He owns his own home. He is likely living on the route Jessica took each morning. He could be a friend's dad. He could have been driving in his car and offered her a ride, he could have even saw her from his house and called her over for whatever reason and trusting him she went to him. The more I think of it that makes more sense to me. It would explain the inability to identify an unknown vehicle out that morning, etc.

Typing in a rush so if some of this seems unexplained I will come back in a bit and do a better job.

JMO

All indications point to the killer having a vehicle. Something that would allow the killer to get the victim out of sight almost immediately after she was abducted.

We know the backpack was dropped off at night. At a time when a car driving down a suburban street is hardly noticed. People would assume it's just one of the neighbors coming home. A bicycle would be a bit out of place.

Where the body was left is even worse. During the day, a bicyclist would not look out of place. But one hauling a large package would. A bicycle at night with a large package would be really odd. A car or truck heading down that litte used road wouldn't be noticed. Where the body was left is out of sight of any houses.
A private place to stop for a minute or two and unload the body unobserved.

Footwarrior, Interesting theory.
I would like to ad, she could have first been taken into or behind, one of the buildings, empty offices, Fitness Gym, Athletic Club, houses or garages she passed that morning..
what time did she disappear?
Most places do not open until around 8:00 am., except Athletic Gymns.

We need a list of the various types of buildings she would have passed that morning, that was NOT in viewing distance of her friends...
This monster had to have a 'reason', good excuse for being in that neighborhood at that time of the morning...so how did he get there is a question IF he didn't live there....jmo

Hey guys,

Mods I am not sure bow to link posts, so I hope its ok to repost this. I had posted it pretty late, so everyone didn't have a chance to see it. I had sent a PM to Peter Brendt who studies these guys for a living. Here is his profile. Thanks again, Peter!

Hi,

I didn't look too deep in the details yet, but I tend to agree with "most profilers" in this case. Plus I would liketo add somethings:

1.) He is not only organized, he is also experienced. He did not only plan it, he also had the experience to avoid the usual mistakes when a first timer does planing.

2.) He has probably killed before and he will again.Yes,dismembering a body is a nasty business and it takes some hardened mind to do it. Such an MO doesn't develop over night. So my guess is, he has thought about it a long time more than once executed it. That tells me, he is rather 30-40 years old. He has probably priors for molesting little girls and maybe served time forrapeof a girl in thepre-nubileage bracket.

3.) He has internet access, which supports the theory, he has his own place. He is not a homeless predator of opportunity. He knew, from the perv list in the internet, a known sex offender lived where he dropped the backpack. The interesting point is, there was more than one sex offender, he could have chosen from for his distraction maneuver. So, even it's a longshot, it would be worth to look in the prison history of his scapegoat and look who he had trouble with in prison.

4.) For most sexual motivated child killers, coveting starts with seeing. However, most of them, especially those who served already time and therefore learned about forensic counter measures, don't kill where they live. And they don't abduct form there. Especially not the organized ones. So my guess is, he worked in that area. There are three categories of jobs, this kind of offender likes: Trucker, handyman and everything, that brings him in contact with children. Since he is most likely somewhere(can be in another state though) on a sex offender list, he will not apply for teacher positions, even he is maybe qualified. Given the area, my guess is handyman. Roofer, window repairs, something that gives him during work vantage points. And he worked there while Jessica was there, he could see her.

5.) He is male (obviously), most likely Caucasian (I give that70% chance over the thumb), 30-40 years old. He has his own place and it is not just an apartment in a crowded building. He needs privacy, so most likely a small residence somewhere. The place will be approximately opposite direction from the abduction site to the direction and about the same distance but atleast two to three miles from the abduction site,the backpack was found, because either he picked that other predator as scapegoat because he didn't like him or it was a directional thing. He is physically fit and had the self esteem to risk, he may have to subdue her, if she would get suspicious about him. But more likely, he knew her and she knew him. That doesn't mean relative or neighbor, but for kids, someone they see all the time, doesn't count as stranger.

6.) The timing was impeccable. That tells me, he watched her for some time and knew her routines. He could get that part only by stalking which means, he missed work time. So in his work records, LE will find "flu" like days of being not at work.

7.) He lives alone. That doesn't mean, he was never married or never had a girl friend, but currently, he lives alone or he wouldn't had the privacy. Gacy for example went hunting, when his wife was visiting relatives.

8.) He works for a company and uses therefore often a company truck or van, depending on his job. But private, he drives probably an older unobtrusive car, probably a sedan. He has enough self-esteem not to go for something flashy. So witnesses may have watched in the area a midsize or small sedan, Chevy, Toyota, maybe Honda, which has circled a little till he found the right parking spot. He had to, because he came already with a plan and for that, he needed the car at hand to be able to leave quickly with the girl. If I get his mindset right, he may have even filled up the gas tank in the area in the last hour before the abduction.

9.) He is probably a psychopath, the question is, what variant of the same old subject. I don't think, he is primarily a narcissist. No bragging, no taunting, just effective. Maybe, rather in the power-assertion range, even he left the time of total lack of self-esteem long behind. He is definitively a pedophile, but I can't say, whether he is preferential. Statistics says, the chances he is are about 60-70%. That would mean, there are more bodies. Since he is maybe not from the state and probably moved after he was released from earlier prison time, those bodies can be anywhere, we look for missing girls of approximately the same age and appearance. Given his estimated age, about five to eight years back. Before that or overlapping would be also a string of rapes with the same kind of victimology.Additionally, he may have a history of petty crimes, mostly thefts (that comes with the package as psychopath).

So those are my first thoughts. Feel free to use them, I won't post them, I am busy with some other cases anyway.

Peter

I found this looking for any possible connection to little Jessica.This happened in Westminster in May? It was an older female.

http://kdvr.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

Also read the comment on this article.About a boy who was attacked 3 weeks before that.

comment

My son 8 years old was attacked at 104th and Westcliff in Westminster 3 Thursdays ago by a mid 30's white male jogging on the Dry Creek Trail about a mile from this. Police have been investigating this too. This is very scarey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500