CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to an unedited or less edited version of the surveillance video from Pitcher's Bar. I had not seen this before, but I do remember someone mentioning the man sitting in the patio area who appears not to react at all, even after the woman flings herself over the fence into the patio area! Maybe he was too drunk to react.....

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/295663/630/Video-released-in-attempted-kidnapping

ETA. I'm sure many of you already saw this, but I didn't and thought others may have missed it as well.

I think it is amazing at how many people just do not want to get involved.
They are either scared or could care less.

Link: http://www.9news.com/news/article/295667/222/8-year-old-escapes-attempted-abduction-at-bus-stop

8-year-old escapes attempted abduction at bus stop

Aurora police are looking for a green colored SUV after a report that two men attempted to lure an 8-year-old girl into a "Jeep-like" vehicle Monday morning.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. at a school bus stop near the intersection of East Louisiana Avenue and South Idalia Street.

Police say the girl reported the two men pulled up next to the child and the driver told her to get in the car. The child refused and ran up to her friends who were walking to the bus stop ahead of her. The SUV fled northbound.

That guys seems to fall in the " could care less" category. He just sat there and continued to smoke his cigarette.

Here's a link to an unedited or less edited version of the surveillance video from Pitcher's Bar. I had not seen this before, but I do remember someone mentioning the man sitting in the patio area who appears not to react at all, even after the woman flings herself over the fence into the patio area! Maybe he was too drunk to react.....

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/295663/630/Video-released-in-attempted-kidnapping

ETA. I'm sure many of you already saw this, but I didn't and thought others may have missed it as well.

Summary of the video:
Wow, I saw that. The white car (4 door with sunroof) waiting on the P Bar for someone to show up. As soon as the woman parks her car and gets out, this car pulls up and asks for directions. Then a guy from the passenger side sneaks out and at first he was trying to open the back door but suddenly moves fast to grab that woman. She fights him out easily and pushes him to the ground. Another person at the back (passenger-side) opens the door but when they see the woman overpowering the guy, shuts the door. Woman escapes. The guy runs back to the car and they leave the scene quickly.

Abduction hardly occurs for a few seconds and if you don't think correctly at that spur second, you will lose the fight. Children of course are easy targets.

That guys seems to fall in the " could care less" category. He just sat there and continued to smoke his cigarette.

I don't think he would have even guessed that woman was in trouble because she was talking for a few seconds and everything was normal. Then comes the chaos but it would be too quick for him to sense any danger from that scene.

I don't think he would have even guessed that woman was in trouble because she was talking for a few seconds and everything was normal. Then comes the chaos but it would be too quick for him to sense any danger from that scene.

But he doesn't even react after she comes over the fence into the patio area where he was sitting.

It looks like he has his head turned away looking to the right (not sure why he didn't seem to react to her throwing herself over the rail though). She looks like she is giving him a "what the hell ..." type gesture with her hand there as though she is asking if he saw what happened? She probably should have given him a quick clip over the ear for not helping too! :furious:

Right now, there is a lot of publicity in the local area about Jessica's murder. Since LE believes the perp is local (I agree; this just screams local to me), there is no need to do anything in particular right now to keep the media focus.

I think it is better to hold off on offering a reward until the media starts to lose focus. At that point, offer the reward and that will get some more stories about Jessica out there.

Since a reward usually only makes a big stir once, best to hold off until that stir is needed. Sometimes if there is a modest reward, then someone stepping in to boost it really high will also make a stir but that cannot be counted on.

My amateur impression is that rewards tend to work because of the media attention they call to the case rather than significantly influencing someone's actions. There well may be some people who will not turn in someone they know unless they can get something financial out of it but my impression (amateur) is that most people do it out of a sense of ethical duty.

After all, we're not talking about someone who was cheating on their taxes, we're talking about a brazen murderer. I wouldn't turn anyone in for cheating on their taxes even with the potentially hefty reward for doing so but if I thought I knew such a murderer I hope I would turn them in. It would be really difficult to do so since I don't think anyone I know well would commit this sort of murder but I hope I would do the right thing first and then cry over it.

With I-36 nearby and an exit that appears to go directly to Ketner Lake. Imo, the perp may be regional, but from miles away.. As we have seen in the numerous abduction attempts, the backpack location, and Jessica Ridgeway's remains location. Seems that the unknown suspect is aware of SOPs, investigative strategies, and deflection, utilizing jurisdictional linkage blindness, imo.

Well now that we know the perp goes after women also, I think it would be a great idea to plant a decoy around the lake.

If LE believes that attempted abduction at the Lake and Jessica's case are related then that suspect would want to show up and clear off if he is not related to Jessica's case...

or they have a POI and watching him closely.

Link: http://www.9news.com/news/article/295667/222/8-year-old-escapes-attempted-abduction-at-bus-stop

8-year-old escapes attempted abduction at bus stop

Aurora police are looking for a green colored SUV after a report that two men attempted to lure an 8-year-old girl into a "Jeep-like" vehicle Monday morning.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. at a school bus stop near the intersection of East Louisiana Avenue and South Idalia Street.

Police say the girl reported the two men pulled up next to the child and the driver told her to get in the car. The child refused and ran up to her friends who were walking to the bus stop ahead of her. The SUV fled northbound.

I don't think we would see much of this crap anymore if the laws would change and anyone caught harming a child would get prision and castration.:jail:

If LE believes that attempted abduction at the Lake and Jessica's case are related then that suspect would want to show up and clear off if he is not related to Jessica's case...

or they have a POI and watching him closely.

I was thinking this last night.

Shared this video before. Imo due to the increased awareness and vigilance in the Westminister and nearby areas. Citizen response would be much different today..

Stranger Danger Child Abductions caught on tape!
- A real life Missing Girl Child Abduction Test to see how the public reacts - This investigation video captures a child abduction attempt by a stranger or non-family member - You would think that this missing girl in this video was doing everything right - yelling over and over "You're not my dad! Someone help me!" An important video about stranger danger child abductions that every parent should watch and share!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dfkZKjWSo"]STRANGER DANGER - CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Would Anyone Help Your Child When Being Abducted? - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder if one of the reasons why parents feel more vigilant now is that people are so mobile now. How many people stay in the same house for 50+ years these days? Or even 20+ years?

Back when I was growing up, it was common for people to live in the same house most of their adult lives. Neighbourhoods were stable and so people really got to know their neighbours. There was a lot of informal child minding ("did you know your Tommy was getting into mischief with my Andy?").

The statistical level of risk has actually gone down since I was a child but the perception of risk has gone up.

There are definite advantages to living in a stable neighborhood. Especially one that includes retired neighbors that are around during the day when all the younger adults are at work.

As for the risk of violence going down, Steven pinker explains this quite well in this Ted talk video.

Steven Pinker charts the decline of violence from Biblical times to the present, and argues that, though it may seem illogical and even obscene, given Iraq and Darfur, we are living in the most peaceful time in our species' existence.

With the utmost respect, I have to disagree with you on this. Unfortunately, the freedom of the press is extremely important in this country. While you may disagree with their ethics (and trust me-I've got lots of problems with the ethics of the media-a whole other topic of discussion) we cannot start charging the media with crimes. You can't gag the media.

But sometimes they a well worded Letter to the Editor does some good....Just saying...

I agree that the freedom of speech is a cornerstone of our Nation's foundation.

However, along with any right also comes the responsibility to use discretion and behave respectfully.

This applies to any of our rights, not just free speech.

I also don't think in this instance that the media was driven by it's heart felt belief in exercising it's First Amendment rights. I'm guessing something a little less noble. MOO :(

MOO - It seems like such a strange coincidence, that there are multiple attacks, attempted abductions, the murder connected to at least one of them.

The common ties are the descriptions, of light skinned males. More than likely not black, not exactly stated as white or caucasions.

The video from last night, although it may not be connected to JR, looks to be Spanish fellow trying to kidnap that woman.

Now you have the Cross, my opinion is, most common type of person to clutch or wear one would be someone of Spanish decent.

Now thinking outside the box of your cookie cutter predator, what type of people commit crimes of abductions, murders, dismemberment, who would likely have crosses, or rosarys type items of such? Spanish Mexican cartels.

We have a predator or group of predators choosing victims at what appears to be opportunity.

They didnt lure with social skills, rather with drug or force. Why would that be? Because of language and social differences, the type of people you avoid, on any day. Maybe they seem out of place in these areas.

Another poster wondered is theres a crazy drug going around. How would that all be connected? Drug Cartel.

Quick search on Colorado drug cartel, brings up a news story talking about cartel activity in CO, and right off the bat, you see as you scroll down, a Cartel member was arrested for a murder in Westminster.

Its all prolly just crazy coincidence?

bbm, You know the first time I saw this it stuck out like a sore thumb, then I thought maybe its regional then I thought that would be stupid. I know that using that "light skinned" term tells me nothing. I think it is sad when we are looking for a "predator" we should be clear as to who we are looking for. jmo

I don't think we would see much of this crap anymore if the laws would change and anyone caught harming a child would get prision and castration.:jail:

What follows is a short explanation of Jessica's Law:

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was sexually battered and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender.

Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, & New Jersey are the only states yet to pass this much needed law, imo..

Jessica's Law and a side~by—side ... Jessica's Law is the informal name of the Jessica Lunsford Act

Colorado & Jessica's Law in Comparison
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...goBlobs&blobwhere=1251605675546&ssbinary=true

Shared this video before. Imo due to the increased awareness and vigilance in the Westminister and nearby areas. Citizen response would be much different today..

Stranger Danger Child Abductions caught on tape!
- A real life Missing Girl Child Abduction Test to see how the public reacts - This investigation video captures a child abduction attempt by a stranger or non-family member - You would think that this missing girl in this video was doing everything right - yelling over and over "You're not my dad! Someone help me!" An important video about stranger danger child abductions that every parent should watch and share!
STRANGER DANGER - CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Would Anyone Help Your Child When Being Abducted? - YouTube

To be fair, the girl's cries sound like whining, not fear. I know that, regardless, it would be important to get help to determine what the situation is, but she sounds more like an unwilling or petulant child than a girl in fear for her safety, which may have thrown people off.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members