CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the car. I agree it might be a Pontiac Grand AM coupe, circa 1996. Key is how the slope of the passenger side window looks in the back.

Aurora_attempted_abduction_has_similarit_42060003_315494_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

But..as others have said, don't think this is related to Jessica.

Way behind and this might have been discussed, but as soon as I showed this to my DH he said he thought it was a 90's Pontiac Bonneville (he says without a doubt). I google imaged it and it does look a lot like that

so now we have a guy that walks around public places in broad daylight and tries to abduct women jogging and also is out during morning rush hour/when kids are walking to school and abducts a child..

He obviously did not "stick out" that much in the community. He fits right in until it is too late and that is what scares me the most hearing about how these are now connected.

A utility van might not stick out. I see them all the time around here, at all hours. Phone, cable, gas co, etc. Another thing I see a lot of are landscaper vehicles. Usually pick-up trucks with gardening tools in back.

I posted a second time about the door opening saying I thought it did. Now I'm back to it didn't after your well thought out post. The bluish neon light has a darker area where the edge of the back door of the car would be, if it had one.

I've linked the video again for those who wonder what we're talking about.

The most important question is could this be related to Jessica and the other abduction attempts? The chemical infused cloth being the one factor we know of tying this attempt to the joggers.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

I see where you're saying it looks like a reflection on the back of the car....which could appear as a door opening. But below the reflection I also see what looks like the edge of an open door that doesn't look like part of the reflection. Is it possible the window on the door is picking up the reflection because when the door slightly opens it puts the door at an angle to pick up a reflection? MOO

In response to the drug/cartel/gang angle some of you are making, it has really made me start to think. I remember a while back, there was a "scare" in my far suburban area that gangs were initiating new members by forcing them to commit a random murder. Supposedly, they were targeting suburban folks, completely innocent and for NO REASON other than to prove their loyalty to the gangs. Now, I don't remember that ever actually transpiring, but...

Now that I see there may very well be 2 perps, could this be part of a larger situation going on. Perhaps this may be a way of sending some kind of message to others in their group or in rival groups, perhaps to prove loyalty and/or a threat.

So I am beginning to wonder if perhaps we aren't looking for "an evil sick monster" that gets their kicks from this activity, but rather those who are doing this for "business related reasons." Ther reason why I am saying this is because IF these are all related, I would see a single perp to be getting their kicks off of doing this in broad daylight, crowded parking lots, etc...but if you look at the context of it being more than one perp....well....it almost sounds kind of like a "dare."

OK, now DH watched the video and he doesn't think it is a Bonneville.

But we just saw the interview with the victim, and I LOVE her!!

:banghead: as much as I want to hear new details in this case.. i do not want the reporting to jeopardize justice for Jessica and the other victims of this perp.. :banghead::furious:
IMO.. Sometimes I think some reporters should be charged with interfering in an investigation or something like that!!!
:furious::furious: when LE says shut up...that means shut up.. There is always a reason why they asked:furious::furious::furious:

The media doesn't care. They want ratings. Once there's an arrest, the case is over. But it stays unsolved, well, think JonBenet. I am not saying they don't want justice for Jessica....just that making this into some mystery saga can be very profitable.

Ok I'm confused. Were receipts found or not?

How soon will they make an arrest? Predictions? Are they close?

Yaaaay that she was able to throw him to the ground. You go girl!! Had to say it, just had to.

He had a lot of guts to try and take her from in front of a bar! That's bold. It's not like shes in the back of the parking lot, ya know. I wonder if the rag made her loopy or feel strange etc. I guess he didn't have it on her long enough to figure it out. What do y'all think was on the rag?

:banghead: as much as I want to hear new details in this case.. i do not want the reporting to jeopardize justice for Jessica and the other victims of this perp.. :banghead::furious:
IMO.. Sometimes I think some reporters should be charged with interfering in an investigation or something like that!!!
:furious::furious: when LE says shut up...that means shut up.. There is always a reason why they asked:furious::furious::furious:

With the utmost respect, I have to disagree with you on this. Unfortunately, the freedom of the press is extremely important in this country. While you may disagree with their ethics (and trust me-I've got lots of problems with the ethics of the media-a whole other topic of discussion) we cannot start charging the media with crimes. You can't gag the media.

But sometimes they a well worded Letter to the Editor does some good....Just saying...

The media doesn't care. They want ratings. Once there's an arrest, the case is over. But it stays unsolved, well, think JonBenet. I am not saying they don't want justice for Jessica....just that making this into some mystery saga can be very profitable.

I agree and I think it is sickening. I can guarentee you that if I worked for a company that did this I would not be working there the next day! We all really needs to check our priorities before we make decisions! Not only seemingly big decisions, ALL decisions! As my Grandma ( awww... rip Grandma, Miss you!) used to say "If you take care in the small matters, the large matters take care of themselves".
-it took me a while as a kid to understand what she meant, but she basically is saying that if making good (moral & virtue) choices in smaller matters, the bigger decisions won't be so hard and will come almost second nature.

Have they identified the make and model of the vehicle in that is in the attempted abduction video? That would help the public ALOT

You know I was thinking about LE saying "there is a predator on the loose". There are always multiple predators on the loose, some due to prison release, some not yet caught for their crimes, etc...in this case they happen to have an active predator on the loose. It takes a horrible crime like Jessica's murder to realize how many predators there are out there. Every time there is a new case, people are shocked by the number of violent sex offenders living nearby the victim. And yet sadly, it is simply a fact of life, until a hideous crime happens. Otherwise, no one really acknowledges all of the dangerous predators walking the streets.

With the utmost respect, I have to disagree with you on this. Unfortunately, the freedom of the press is extremely important in this country. While you may disagree with their ethics (and trust me-I've got lots of problems with the ethics of the media-a whole other topic of discussion) we cannot start charging the media with crimes. You can't gag the media.

But sometimes they a well worded Letter to the Editor does some good....Just saying...
Well-put. Totally agree.

How soon will they make an arrest? Predictions? Are they close?

I say in 5 days. But that's just my opinion based on them having leads. The leads we know about are probably nothing compared to what they really have. That's just my experience so far from following Mickey Shunick and Whitney Heichel's cases.

Oh boy, flashback to the Isa Celis thread and the cartel talk.

I'm sure you could find an "exception" case, but Mexican drug cartels are in the business of smuggling drugs and weapons in both directions across the northern and southern border of Mexico. They do horrible things, but the overwhelming majority is in attempt to frighten civilians and local law enforcement into compliance so that they can have free reign of the drug/weapons smuggling business, and to win territory from rival cartels. Could there be local Latino gangs in CO? Yes. Do I think Jessica was abducted, murdered, and dismembered by the man who attempted to grab a jogger with a chemical rag and is a member of an organized Mexican cartel? Nope, I highly doubt it.

No offense but I find the drug cartel/gang-related theory laughable. Gangs are profit motivated. Do they abduct, murder and dismember? Yes, but they don't abduct murder and dismember random 10 year old girls who are walking to school.

I also don't understand why so many here are so invested in thinking this guy is hispanic, especially when he has been described from the beginning as WHITE. It's actually starting to get offensive.

You know I was thinking about LE saying "there is a predator on the loose". There are always multiple predators on the loose, some due to prison release, some not yet caught for their crimes, etc...in this case they happen to have an active predator on the loose. It takes a horrible crime like Jessica's murder to realize how many predators there are out there. Every time there is a new case, people are shocked by the number of violent sex offenders living nearby the victim. And yet sadly, it is simply a fact of life, until a hideous crime happens. Otherwise, no one really acknowledges all of the dangerous predators walking the streets.

Could not agree more or have said it better. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member